Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default More on Cyndi's Testimony

http://www.khq.com/story/14544278/cy...gainst-husband

Cyndi Steele Takes Stand in Trial Against Husband

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 4:51 PM
Updated: Apr 29, 2011 6:19 PM
by Mike Perry, KHQ Reporter

BOISE, Idaho - Cyndi Steele took the stand as the prosecution's witness in federal court today. She is the alleged victim in a murder-for-hire plot by her husband Edgar Steele. However, she says her husband is innocent.

This is the third day prosecutors have been making their case against Edgar Steele. He is accused of hiring Larry Fairfax to strap a bomb to the bottom of his wife's car to detonate as she drove to her mother's house in Oregon.

The prosecution believes the motive behind the murder-for-hire plot is because Edgar Steele had been involved in an online relationship with a woman in Ukraine, and didn't want to have to go through the divorce process with his wife. The prosecution has over 14,000 emails sent between Steele and the Ukrainian woman, but Cyndi says she knew all about them and that her husband had been trying to unfold an international bride scam. The prosecution says Cyndi has been so heavily influenced by Edgar that she believes whatever he tells her is true. Cyndi, however, is adamant that her husband is innocent and being framed.

"She was hostile up on the stand," said Meghann Cuniff, Spokesman-Review reporter from inside the courtroom. "She thinks this is all a conspiracy. She mentioned her husband told her about threats they've been getting over the years. She's always mentioned the anti-defamation league she thought were out to get them"

On Monday the prosecution is expected to bring the Ukrainian woman involved in this case to the stand. That is expected to be the prosecution's final witness before they close their case. The defense will start their case immediately after.

Old April 29th, 2011 #1502
Dianne v. Horvath

Exclamation Thoughts on the Edgar Steele Case

Folks,

I've been following VNN for years and thought it time I finally joined.

Some details about this case that should be considered.

The theft of the Silver wasn't reported because the FBI delayed providing an inventory of what they seized. The FBI dragged their feet for months before providing a comprehensive inventory of all the property removed from the Steele household.

One cannot file a report of theft if you can't tell the police what was taken. Same with a home insurance claim.

Also, for the month after Edgar J. Steele was arrested Cyndi was in hiding because the FBI told her that one of more accomplices WERE STILL AT LARGE and trying to kill her.

This whole case is so fracking bogus, it's hard to believe. It should be obvious to the dimmest bulb that this case has powerful political overtones.

With the disqualification of the experts for the defense and their exculpatory evidence, Steels is in a world of hurt. Even if the current jury doesn't buy it, the feds will keep retrying him until they get a conviction.

How would you like to walk a mile in those shoes?

And if I have made any misspellings, well. English isn't my first language.

Dianne von Horvath

Old April 29th, 2011 #1503
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Cyndi Admits Steele Wrote Russian Girlfriend from Jail

This is significant that Cyndi admits that Steele wrote his now Russian girlfriend from jail and professed his love. The prosecutor makes the point that I posted long ago. If Steele wrote ANY Eastern European women from jail for ANY reason he is in big trouble. When you are locked up in jail on charges of trying to murder your wife, you don't care about a puny Russian bride scam. This is another Negro from the defense woodpile.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ith-trying-to/

April 29, 2011 in City
Alleged victim defends man charged with trying to have her killed
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

BOISE – The alleged victim in a murder-for-hire plot supposedly hatched by her husband told jurors Thursday she knew he was talking to other women online but that it was part of his research into Russian mail-order bride schemes. “I gave him the go-ahead because I trusted him,” Cyndi Steele testified Thursday, the second day of testimony in Edgar Steele’s trial in U.S. District Court in Boise. “He would let me read anything I wanted; I knew what he was sending.”

Steele said she knew her husband told the women he was divorced and wanted to have babies with them but said they often read the correspondence together in his home office. “We would end up laughing together, because we didn’t believe it was always the pretty girl behind the writings,” Steele said. “It could be a man as far as we knew.”

Federal prosecutors say Edgar Steele hired his handyman, Larry Fairfax, to kill his wife and mother-in-law out of a desire to be with another woman and anger that his wife may have a boyfiend. They detailed the Steeles’ past marital problems, including Cyndi Steele’s short-lived divorce petition in 2000, which she filed after discovering her husband was meeting women online and telling them he was divorced.

Steele, a North Idaho lawyer who represented the now-defunct Aryan Nations, contends the murder-for-hire case against him is part of a government conspiracy. His lawyers argue the murder plot was really the work of Fairfax, who they say set up Steele to cover his theft of silver from Steele’s Talache Road home, just east of Sagle.

Fairfax denied that in testimony Thursday, saying the only lies he told Steele were, “That I would kill his wife … (and) that I would kill his mother-in-law.” Fairfax had earlier said that Steele had about 12 other people he wanted killed, too.

Under cross-examination, Fairfax acknowledged that he’s writing a novel about his experience. Defense lawyer Robert McAllister said Bonner County Jail inmate Daryl Hollingsworth was asked by Fairfax “if he could design the cover for your book.” Fairfax said Hollingsworth, who is in jail for aggravated battery in Sandpoint, has a reputation as a liar. He is expected to testify next week.

Fairfax was arrested four days after Steele, when a pipe bomb was found affixed to Cyndi Steele’s SUV. He hadn’t told investigators he had already planted it there when he told them about the murder plot. He pleaded guilty to two firearms charges and is to be sentenced after Steele’s trial.

Fairfax said he received $10,000 in silver from Steele as a down payment for the murders, which he never planned to commit. He said he told the FBI of the plan because he feared Steele.

Cyndi Steele reported to police the theft of $45,000 in silver from their home after Fairfax and her husband were arrested. Fairfax was listed as the suspect, but Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan said Thursday that Edgar Steele had cashed in about that same amount of silver six weeks before his arrest. Cyndi Steele said she knew of that and factored it when reporting the theft.

She also said she knew her husband wrote to one of the Russian women, Tatayna Loginova, from the jail confessing his love. Whelan questioned why he would continue to lie for research purposes while jailed on such serious federal charges. Loginova is expected to testify via video.

Jurors also listened to phone calls Steele made to his wife and son from the Kootenai County Jail in which he urged Cyndi Steele to tell authorities the voice on the recordings about the murder plot “was not my husband’s voice.”

He also said he feared she was seeing someone else. “I’m only suffering because I love you and I’m not getting enough of you,” he said.

Cyndi Steele testified Thursday that she doesn’t believe her husband was trying to unduly influence her. “He was trying to tell me he was innocent and that’s what he was standing up for,” Steele said. “He never asked me to lie, and he knows I would be upset if he wrongly went to prison.”
Her testimony will continue this morning.

Old April 30th, 2011 #1504
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Family’s Newborn Kittens

I hate to be put in the position of defending the prosecutor but she did not have to share the 14,000 emails with Cyndi. For G-d's sake, this is five full size books! This so called Russian bride scam was old news 20 years ago and was not worthy of Steele's time. Our country is coming apart at the seams and Steele has time to investigate Russian bride scams.

Even if it was a proper matter to pursue, 1,000 emails are more than sufficient to crack it wide open. How touching that he sent his sweetie photos of the ranch's new kittens. Why did Steele not notify Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the FBI about his results? This is a "The dog ate my homework excuse." if there every was one.

I admire Cyndi for standing by her man. However, all of us here have been scammed from the start with the assertion that Steele was framed. He may well have been entrapped but it is clear that he was not framed. This is a fraud perpetrated upon those of us who gave money to the website and sent Steele money in jail.

Steele called his son in July to have him report the theft of his silver several months after the fact. That is a major felony and as an officer of the court he was required to report it at once. This is a failed attempt at CYA.

I have been told by a reliable source that he owns his ranch free and clear. My guess is that he is drawing $1,000 per month in social security. Why would he need money?I can't believe that he would be stupid enough to cash in his silver in the local area in a case like this. He should at least gone out of state to do so. Any cash transaction of $10,000 or more is reported to the IRS. That would be only require about 600 ounces worth at the time.

If Steele was in his right mind it might have been possible for the government to frame him. It would have been impossible for the government to entrap him in a case like this however. There is no doubt in my mind that mini-strokes from his aorta surgery left him crazier than a shit house rat. Turn him loose and give him to Cyndi so she can get him the care that he needs.

I also hate to be put in the position of going to bat for the scumbag Fairfax but that was not a real bomb on Cyndi's car. It was a one foot length of pipe with end caps and perhaps 2.5 pounds of smokeless powder. It was not drilled for a detonator and there was no means of igniting the powder. It was likely legal unless it was in interstate commerce. A stick of dynamite would not have set it off. That would merely have crushed it. The bomb squad are just trying to justify their salaries. Fortunately it was discovered which means that Fairfax rots in jail with Steele. He would have gotten a sweet heart deal if it hadn't been found.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...rprised-emails

April 29, 2011 in Idaho
Steele’s wife says she’s not surprised by emails
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

BOISE – A North Idaho lawyer standing trial on federal charges that he hired a man to kill his wife sent more than 14,000 online messages to women he met through an online dating website before his arrest.

Edgar Steele’s wife, Cyndi Steele, told jurors in Boise on Friday that those messages were part of his research into the Russian mail-order bride business. Cyndi Steele knew, she said, that her husband had told one woman he was not in love with his wife and that he was looking for “a girl he couldn’t live without.”

Edgar Steele told 25-year-old Tatyana Loginova he had “produced the greatest children in the world, but I deserve more. I will never have another American woman, never again,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan said in U.S. District Court in Boise Friday. Loginova is expected to testify via video from Ukraine on Monday.

Steele’s lawyers, say the murder plot was really the work of Steele’s handyman, Larry Fairfax, who was arrested after authorities found a pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele’s car. Fairfax didn’t mention the bomb when he told the FBI about the plot and agreed to secretly record Steele.

Prosecutors contend Steele wanted his wife killed so he could be with Loginova.

The jury of 11 women and one man — two other women are alternates — saw emails between Steele and Loginova on Friday.

Whelan said she reviewed emails with Cyndi Steele last month to avoid surprising and embarrassing Steele at trial. But, Cyndi Steele said Friday, “I knew what they were before I went in…I wasn’t going to be embarrassed because I know about them.”

Whelan noted that Edgar Steele could have made up any identity and told the women anything to gain information. Instead, he described his life to Loginova, sent her pictures of his home and the family’s newborn kittens and even mentioned the couple’s son, Rex.

Cyndi Steele told jurors she wasn’t concerned. “He was setting up a ruse the same way the FBI agents did with my husband’s arrest,” she said, referring to that fact that before investigators arrested Steele on June 11, they told him his wife had been killed to gauge his reaction.

Under cross examination from defense lawyer Robert McAllister, Steele said she often helped her husband with the research and that he had traced the Russian bride scam to Florida.

Whelan said Edgar Steele viewed his wife’s dream — her horse farm — as “a symbol of wasted money.” Said Cyndi Steele, “He knew in reality it was not a money-maker, but he knew it was my dream and supported it.”

Whelan also focused on Cyndi Steele’s theft report of $45,000 in silver, which was made in September, more than two months after her husband’s arrest. At the time, Cyndi Steele said Fairfax was a suspect.

Whelan noted that Edgar Steele called his son, Rex, in July and asked him to report the theft, telling him that it was “very important.”

Fairfax has said he rigged the bomb under Cyndi Steele’s car so it wouldn’t explode, but bomb experts said Friday that the device still had that capability.
Sgt. Mike Kittilstved, head of the Spokane County bomb squad, called the device “the largest pipe bomb that I’ve dealt with.”

Fairfax has pleaded guilty to two firearms charges related to the bomb and is to be sentenced after Steele’s trial.

Old April 30th, 2011 #1505
Dianne v. Horvath

Default Report of Theft Delay Explained

Donald,

The theft of the Silver wasn't reported because the FBI delayed providing an inventory of what they seized. The FBI dragged their feet for months before providing a comprehensive inventory of all the property removed from the Steele household.

One cannot file a report of theft if you can't tell the police what was taken. Same with a home insurance claim.

Dianne

Old April 30th, 2011 #1506
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Late Silver Theft Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne v. Horvath View Post
Donald,

Dianne
This is no doubt true but this does not explain why the theft of the silver was not reported when Steele discovered it. That was well before his arrest. Calling his son from jail to do it was nothing more than attempt at CYA.

Old April 30th, 2011 #1507
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More on Pipe Bomb

No published photos of the pipe bomb show any holes for detonators. I could be in error in saying that there were none. However the story of the connections to the exhaust system is rather bogus sounding to me. Fuses that burn probably take 1500 F to ignite and tailpipes don't get that hot. You can't know how long it would take to ignite them anyway. What an incompetent pipe bomber!

Smokeless powder does not explode anyway, it burns. Pipe bombs are a waste because they tend to blow an end off and are very poor explosives. Fairfax's incompetence seriously damaged the Federal case.

This is the first mention in court of the brother of the Jew Bill Maher of Politically Incorrect. Jim Maher rode with Fairfax to Oregon to supposedly check to see if the pipe bomb had fallen off Cyndi's truck.
=======
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...9300a3e1d.html

Expert: Pipe bomb 'lethal'
Bomb squad supervisor says device was largest he has seen

Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:00 am
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer |

BOISE - Fifty-year-old Larry Fairfax, attorney Edgar J. Steele's handyman turned alleged hired hitman, has said time and again the bomb he manufactured and attached under Steele's wife's SUV was designed not to go off.

Brennan Phillips, an explosives enforcement officer and expert with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the bomb could have gone off in his testimony Friday in the murder-for-hire trial of Steele, 65, in U.S. District Court in Boise.

Fairfax, of Sagle, has said the fuse to the massive pipe bomb would have fizzled out after being blocked by electrical tape, preventing the explosive material inside from being unleashed. Phillips said the pyrotechnic fuse would have burned right through the tape. He said the bomb Fairfax placed on her vehicle would have been "lethal," causing "life-threatening injuries" to any occupants, but also to others on the road.

Fairfax has said he broke the fuse in multiple places. Phillips, however, showed jurors how two fuses ran back to the exhaust system, the device's source for ignition, providing "redundancy." He also showed jurors the two lengths of fuse weren't severed, but were just damaged in spots. He said the fuses were strong and still would have done the job.

He said he found discolored areas on the fuses where they had been in contact with the hot exhaust system, explaining they were nearly ignited. Cyndi Steele, her husband's alleged primary target along with her mother, drove around for roughly two weeks with the device attached under her vehicle, on the driver's side. At times traveling between Sagle and the
Portland area.

Fairfax is to be sentenced in federal court for the pipe bomb, which was a footlong galvanized pipe, loaded with gun powder. Fairfax only admitted in a plea agreement that the device he made could have gone off.

The pipe had open space inside, which would have provided for "optimal performance," Phillips said.

Expert Mike Kittilstved, bomb squad supervisor for Spokane County, testified that galvanized pipe is the most dangerous because of the metal's characteristic "fragmentation" upon exploding. "It's the largest pipe bomb I've seen, that I've ever dealt with in the field," he said.

The Spokane bomb squad was called out to respond when the device was discovered under Cyndi Steele's vehicle on June 15, a few days after her husband's arrest. It was spotted during an oil change at a business near U.S. 95 and Bosanko Avenue.

Fairfax had gone to the FBI about Edgar Steele's alleged murder-for-hire plot, but neglected to mention the bomb he had already placed under her SUV.
Fairfax testified earlier in the trial that he thought the pipe bomb had fallen off, so he didn't tell the FBI about it.

He said that after he drove to Oregon City, Ore., with his cousin, Jim Maher, to check on the device, Maher didn't see it still attached. Since he didn't believe it was there anymore, he figured there was no point in mentioning it, Fairfax testified.

Fairfax said Steele ordered him to make that trip to Oregon, where Cyndi Steele was visiting her mother, to figure out why the pipe bomb hadn't gone off. Fairfax cooperated as an informant, helping the FBI acquire secret recordings of Edgar Steele allegedly ordering the hit.

The bomb Fairfax made was shown to jurors Friday, along with the fuses. They also saw a picture of the bomb in place under Cyndi Steele's vehicle, a shot captured by a lube tech with his cell phone. The trial continues Monday morning, when the government is expected to rest its case.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 30th, 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added information on Jew conspirator

Old May 1st, 2011 #1508
H.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
However, all of us here have been scammed from the start with the assertion that Steele was framed. He may well have been entrapped but it is clear that he was not framed. This is a fraud perpetrated upon those of us who gave money to the website and sent Steele money in jail.
We should see who else was on the alleged Steele "list" and whether or not the list can be authenticated. If it was just jew trash (and related persons), and Steele's wife says he should be free, then Steele should walk.

We have enough innocent people in jail on trumped up charges that it would not be wrong to give leniency in the case a WN actually did something wrong.

On a related note, poor Jamie Kelso is just going on and on like the Energizer Bunny about this case ...

http://reasonradionetwork.com/catego...mie-kelso-show

Last edited by H.B.; May 1st, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1509
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry North Idaho Firecracker

This is posted late but it is the first mention of silver rounds rather than silver coins. For those not familiar with silver trading, silver rounds are .999% silver medallions about the size of a silver dollar and weighing one troy ounce (31.1 grams). Fairfax cashed in nearly $10,000 worth in Spokane, Washington and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho coin shops. This would have been about 600 of them at silver prices of that time. How he got them is in dispute. Steele claims that they were stolen. If so Steele is at fault for providing him their location and giving him access to his property.

Steele supposedly wanted another dozen people killed including neighbors and judges. He had to be COMPLETELY crazy if this is true. After blowing his wife up, it would be a little hard to get away with another dozen killings in rural Idaho. One of Steele's neighbors was interviewed on the Jim Giles show and talked about the disputes of Steele with other neighbors.

It is not clear if the pipe bomb on Cyndi's truck was the only one that Fairfax every built. Previous stories have talked about him installing one on Steele's truck as an alibi. What a funny story for Steele to have Fairfax travel to Oregon to see if the bomb had fallen off Cyndi's truck. Then the incompetent scumbag can't find it after he had installed it. This is another Negro in the woodpile.

The results of Steele's mental exam have not been revealed yet. That will prove quite interesting. I remind forum members than one poster here had open heart surgery and related how his mental faculties were degraded after the surgery. Steele's surgery was 100 times more dangerous when it came to inducing mini-strokes. His two letters to me are conclusive proof that his mind was seriously damaged.
========
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...9701a4852.html

Jurors hear FBI recordings in Steele case
Alleged hitman testifies defendant wanted about 12 people dead

Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 12:49 am, Mon May 2, 2011.
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer

BOISE - Federal prosecutors on Wednesday played for the first time in public the two June 2010 audio recordings of retired 65-year-old attorney Edgar J. Steele plotting with his handyman, Larry Fairfax, the alleged murder-for-hire of Steele's wife. The recordings are likely to be prosecutors' best evidence against Steele during the trial in U.S. District Court in Boise. Both were obtained when 50-year-old Fairfax agreed to carry a hidden recording device in his pocket as he cooperated as an FBI informant against Steele.

Steele's wife, Cyndi Steele, was in the gallery as the recordings were played aloud and transcripts were projected for jurors to follow along. The Steeles celebrated their 26-year wedding anniversary Wednesday, the first day of testimony in his trial. A panel of 11 women and one man were seated Tuesday for the jury. Two alternates also are women.

Fairfax, of Sagle, testified in a white-and-orange striped jail suit, saying he went to the authorities about the alleged murder plot because he never really wanted to kill Cyndi Steele in the first place. "I thought there might be a way I could get the money without doing it," Fairfax said.

After he accepted payment, Fairfax said Steele grew impatient for the deed to be done. Fairfax said Steele had told him, "If I didn't take care of the job, he would get somebody else to take care of the job - and me."

Fairfax said he told Steele he needed money to settle unpaid bills and avoid foreclosure, before Steele allegedly made the offer to off his wife and mother-in-law. Fairfax said he falsely led Steele to believe he had experience in just the type of illegal work he says Steele wanted done.

Prosecutors provided receipts from coin shops in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, showing Fairfax cashed in nearly $10,000 in silver "rounds." Fairfax said the silver was his payment from Steele.

Fairfax called the pipe bomb he made and placed under Cyndi Steele's vehicle a "North Idaho firecracker," a roughly foot-long metal pipe, two to three inches in diameter, packed with gunpowder. Fairfax said he didn't fill the pipe with a non-explosive material because he was afraid Steele would have checked his work. He said he rigged it to be a dud, but admitted it could have gone off.

Fairfax said Steele promised to pay him $10,000 for each person he killed, and offered to pay Fairfax an extra $5,000 to kill his wife in Oregon. He said Steele wanted some neighbors and judges killed, too. He said there were about 12 people he wanted dead.

When Fairfax went to the FBI with the plot, he never mentioned the massive pipe bomb he had already placed under Cyndi Steele's vehicle because he hadn't secured "immunity" yet, something his lawyer told him he would get. Fairfax is awaiting sentencing for the pipe bomb.

On the recordings, the two men discuss payment, alibis for Steele, the consequences of Fairfax getting caught in the act, and methods for carrying out their alleged scheme. Steele, acknowledging the years he had spent with his wife, said he didn't want her to know what was happening in her final moments. He also asked that she not suffer.

Steele told Fairfax on June 9, as Fairfax tended to horses on Steele's property, he would "make out very handsomely on this one" when she died - if an insurance policy paid out. In an apparent reference to Cyndi Steele's black SUV, Steele told Fairfax, "If that black thing leaves, I guarantee you she's driving it."

Methods varied from placing a bomb under her vehicle, to causing her to wreck, to what they called "guns blazing." Steele asked, "Larry, I can count on you?" And, "It has to happen right now," Steele told Fairfax. "I'm coming up against some things."

During this conversation, Fairfax can be heard borrowing $400 from Steele to cover travel expenses to the Portland area where Cyndi Steele's mother lives.
In a recording the next day, when Fairfax was dropping a borrowed vehicle off at Steele's home, Steele told him if Fairfax got caught trying to kill her in Oregon, the trail would lead right back to him.

"We'll be sharing a cell together," Steele is heard saying on that recording.
Steele also advised Fairfax to make sure Cyndi Steele dies, because he doesn't want to have to take care of a crippled person. "This could actually become a much worse situation than it is," Steele said. He told Fairfax that he couldn't abandon his wife if she was a "paraplegic" because their children would then hate him forever.

In opening statements, Steele's defense lawyer Robert T. McAllister said the case is "as much about Larry Fairfax as it is about Edgar Steele."
He said it's not clear why Steele would want to kill his wife, who had been taking care of him as he dealt with heart problems and recovered from surgeries. Plus, he said Steele has never been in trouble with the law.

And, "Why would he ask someone like Larry Fairfax to do it?" McAllister said.
The lawyer said Fairfax stole silver from the Steeles. He called Fairfax a liar for not telling the FBI about the pipe bomb he placed under Cyndi Steele's car, letting her drive around with it and risk injury or death, or risk it falling off and injuring the public.

"All the evidence points back to Larry Fairfax," McAllister said.
In his opening statements, Assistant U.S. Attorney Marc Haws laid out the charges, the names of primary players in the case, dates of significance to the government's case, relevant places that include the Steeles' Sagle home and Cyndi Steele's mother's home in Oregon City, Ore., and alleged motives.
"He suspected she had a boyfriend," Haws said. She had been spending so much time in Oregon in the spring of 2010, teaching dancing and caring for her mother. "He resented Cyndi."

He said Steele began to carry on a "dalliance" by Internet with a Russian woman, who Haws promised would be testifying in the trial, by video, because of the distance. "It's a story of a man who wanted to hire somebody to murder his wife," Haws. "He is adept at pressuring people to do things he wanted them to do."

FBI agent Mike Sotka was the first witness called to testify.
He said law enforcement officers delivered a fake notification to Steele at his home just before arresting him, reporting his wife had been killed. Sotka said he had decided to do this to see how Steele would react.

Then, Sotka said they broke the news that they knew of the alleged murder-for-hire plot and investigators had spoken with Fairfax. At this point, Sotka and other law enforcement officials at Steele's house immediately could smell fecal matter in the air and Sotka said he believed Steele had "defecated" in his pants.

The trial continues today. Steele could spend the rest of his life in prison if found guilty of the murder-for-hire count and related charges.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1510
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

"Fairfax testified Wednesday that Steele had a list of about 12 others he wanted killed, too. He finished testifying this morning and denied arranging the plot to set up Steele."

This comes as three days late, but the statement above sends a disturbing message than just an accusation.

Anyone who is a well known White nationalist and has his/her name out there take heed. There's more behind this message/statement than an accusation/false accusation against Steele and the ADL, SPLC, and other jewish organizations are behind it.

List of 12 to be killed. Fairfax is more than just an informant. The jews have their own group to carry out plans that involve planting false evidence and/or ..... You can guess the other.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1511
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Jews Behind This Plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Raising Woman View Post
"Fairfax testified Wednesday that Steele had a list of about 12 others he wanted killed, too. He finished testifying this morning and denied arranging the plot to set up Steele."

This comes as three days late, but the statement above sends a disturbing message than just an accusation.

Anyone who is a well known White nationalist and has his/her name out there take heed. There's more behind this message/statement than an accusation/false accusation against Steele and the ADL, SPLC, and other jewish organizations are behind it.

List of 12 to be killed. Fairfax is more than just an informant. The jews have their own group to carry out plans that involve planting false evidence and/or ..... You can guess the other.
While Fairfax looks white, his cousin is the Jew Jim Maher who is in turn the brother of the Jew Bill Maher of the TV show Politically Incorrect. This relationship has not been explained fully. I have no doubt that the Jews smelled blood and were heavily involved here. That does not mean that Steele was not at fault for providing them with a perfect opportunity.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1512
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Prosecution Due to Rest Their Case Today

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Prose...121081104.html

Prosecutors wrapping up case in Steele's murder-for-hire trial

by Associated Press
krem.com
Posted on May 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Federal prosecutors are expected Monday to rest their case against a former Aryan Nations attorney charged with hiring a hit man to kill his wife and mother-in-law.

Then, attorneys for Edgar Steele will get the chance to tell their side of the story in a murder-for-hire trial that started last week in Boise.
Prosecutors say Steele paid his ranch hand, Larry Fairfax, to kill his wife and mother-in-law so he could collect a life insurance payment and pursue another romantic relationship.

Fairfax ultimately tipped off federal agents, and prosecutors say he secretly recorded conversations in which he and Steele discussed the murder plot. Steele contends those recordings are fakes and he is the victim of a conspiracy by the federal government, which was irritated when he represented white supremacist groups.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1513
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Missing Russian Girlfriend

Steele's supposed Russian girlfriend was supposed to testify by video. This doesn't say anything about it.
========
http://www.krem.com/news/local/121099304.html

Prosecutors rest case in murder-for-hire trial

Edgar Steele

by Associated Press
krem.com
Posted on May 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Updated today at 11:42 AM

BOISE -- Federal prosecutors have rested their case against a former attorney for the Aryan Nations who is charged with hiring a hit man to kill his wife and mother-in-law. The prosecution rested its case against Edgar Steele on Monday morning. Now Steele's defense lawyers will tell his side in the murder-for-hire trial that started last week in Boise.

Prosecutors say Steele paid his ranch hand, Larry Fairfax, to kill his wife and mother-in-law so he could collect a life insurance payment and pursue another romantic relationship.

Fairfax ultimately tipped off federal agents, and prosecutors say he secretly recorded conversations in which he and Steele discussed the murder plot. Steele contends those recordings are fakes and he is the victim of a conspiracy by the federal government, which was irritated when he represented white supremacist groups.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1514
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Now Again Ukrainian Girl Friend

The Judenpresse can't get it straight whether it is a Russian or Ukrainian girlfiend. If Steele wrote the letter to her from jail it is indisputable that he is crazy as a shithouse rat. This is another Negro in the defense woodpile. The defense did not attack the authenticity of the letter.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...rainian-woman/

Sirens & Gavels
Steele jurors hear from Ukrainian woman
Posted by Meghann
May 2, 2011 10:09 a.m.

Edgar Steele told a 25-year-old Ukrainian woman after his arrest on murder-for-hire charges that the Anti-Defamation League had manufactured a recording of him plotting to kill his wife using a collection of secret recordings by Larry Fairfax and thousands of hours of online audio files.

Steele wrote in a letter to Tatyana Loginova that the case against him began when Fairfax stole $45,000 in silver, though prosecutors have shown jurors that Steele cashed in about that same amount of silver a couple months before his arrest. “This has been a huge shock to me but not really a surprise; they have been after me for a long time because of my outspoken criticism” of the federal government and U.S. power brokers, Steele wrote Loginova.

FBI Special Agent Brent Smith, who is based in the Ukraine, read from the letter this morning in U.S. District Court in Boise, the fourth day of testimony in Steele's murder-for-hire trial.

Smith is based in the Ukraine. He helped with Loginova's deposition in the Ukraine. Loginova declined to travel to the United States to testify, and because she is not a U.S. citizen, she could not be forced to appear. In a deposition taped in early March, Loginova, through a translator, said she met Steele through an online dating website, exchanged emails and learned about his personal life.

“Did he ever tell you if he had kids?” Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan asked. “Yes, he did. They told me that they don't live with him though. He told me that he lives alone,” Loginova said through a translator.

Steele wrote that Loginova could find work, “take care of our babies, make love to me, whatever would make you happy.” He said he was trying to get his children to mail her a package with a teddy bear, map of the area and other gifts. “I begin to suspect that my ex may be behind all of this,” Steele writes. “She knows that you are very special to me and I know that's why she has not sent your box as she promised me she would do.” Loginova said Steele planned to visit Ukraine in August 2010. She said the two began talking over Skype in May or early June.

Under cross examination, defense lawyer Gary Amendola emphasized that Loginova doesn't actually know if Steele is the one who wrote the letter.

Steele's wife, Cyndi Steele, testified last week that her husband was corresponding with Loginova and other women as part of his research into the Russian mail order bride scam.

The prosecution has rested. Judge Winmill has denied a defense motion to dismiss the charges against Steele.

The defense will begin presenting its case shortly. Steele's wife and daughter have attended each day of the trial. Hayden resident Deon Masker, wife of white supremacist Richard Masker, is at the trial for the first time today.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1515
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More From Idaho State Trooper

This is also a little late being posted. It gives us more of the story by the Idaho State Trooper of Steele's supposed reactions when being told the fake story of his wife's death.
========
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...b1f07ba7f.html

Trooper recounts delivery of death notification
Authorities used move to gauge reaction of Steele

Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 9:46 am, Mon May 2, 2011.
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer

BOISE - Idaho State Trooper Jess Spike said death notifications are one of the more "sacred things we do." And in the two dozen he's been part of delivering, those on the receiving end usually have one of two reactions: They either lash out in anger and disbelief or they collapse.

On June 11 of last year, he delivered a death notification at 1569 Talache Road, in Sagle, the home of Edgar J. Steele and his wife Cyndi Steele.
Spike said Edgar Steele was told his wife had been killed in a car accident, though it wasn't true. Authorities were testing Steele, to see his reaction to the news, Spike said.

Steele's reaction didn't include either lashing out or collapsing, the trooper testified Thursday in U.S. District Court in Boise in Steele's murder-for-hire trial. "It was flat," Spike said. "It appeared he was trying to develop tears, (but) none developed."

Spike said officers were acting under the direction of FBI special Agent Mike Sotka, who had been investigating the case. Sotka wanted to see if Steele carried out plans, for after the death of his wife, he had allegedly discussed with handyman-turned-hitman Larry Fairfax.
Steele asked if anyone was with her in the vehicle, Spike said. Federal prosecutors have said Steele allegedly wanted both his wife and mother-in-law killed.

She was alone, he was told. It happened near Oregon City, Ore., where Cyndi Steele's mother lives. "We told him that it appeared her car had been run off the road, and there had been an eyewitness," Spike said.

Sotka, who also was at the death notification, told Steele that a man named Larry Fairfax had been contacted. Fairfax was believed to have run her off the road, but had then gotten into an accident himself. "He seemed somewhat surprised at this point," Spike said. "It was a more genuine reaction."

Steele said he knew Larry Fairfax, who had done work at their home. But Steele said his wife had the majority of the contact with Fairfax, Spike said.
Sotka and the others then dropped another bomb. His mother-in-law had been shot dead.

Steele's response to that was, "(Expletive) me!," Spike recalled.
Steele expressed some serious disbelief at that revelation, Spike said.
Then Steele, who has had serious heart problems and surgeries, got more bad news. Sotka received a call from Oregon, where it was reported Fairfax was regaining consciousness following his accident. Fairfax reportedly told officers on scene that Steele could explain everything, Spike said. Steele had no response to that, Spike said.

Sotka then revealed the truth, Steele's wife was fine, and investigators were on to the alleged plot. Steele was arrested and Spike took him to Kootenai County jail. In his cross examination of the trooper, Steele's defense attorney, Robert T. McAllister pointed out, "This whole ruse was to see him crack" and admit to the alleged plot. Steele didn't do that, McAllister said. Spike agreed.

Steele is facing decades in prison if he's found guilty of the charges related to the alleged plot. A jury of 11 women and one man will begin hearing evidence for a third day today.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1516
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Kelsey Says Recordings are Bogus

There are several typos that I did not correct in this blog but it is one of those rip and read operations to get it posted fast. The issue of a train whistle is an important one that can easily be settled. Kelsey has posted on this thread at the beginning. She must have left Ft. Worth where she was working and apparently is going to school in Oregon City. She may staying with her grandmother there, who was one of the supposed targets.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...fense/#c293676

Sirens & Gavels
Steele’s daughter testifies in his defense
Posted by Meghann
May 2, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Edgar Steele's 20-year-old daughter told jurors that she doesn't believe the recording of her father discussing a plot to kill her mother is authentic. Kesley Steele, a student at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, said she recognizes her father's voice on parts of the recording but not others.
“The main thing that i noticed throughout it is it's just not the way that he talks,” she said.

She said she listened to the recordings several times and knows her mother “wanted to come up with her own conclusion…same with my brother and sister and myself.” Steele said she “grew up” in the barn where Steele and Fairfax reportedly had the conversation on the cording and said she'd never before heard a train whistle. Prosecutors provided phone records that show a train passes within a few miles of the area one per evening.

She said she knew of her father's work on the Russian bride scam but didn't talk about the details with him. “Getting into more details, it was not a huge common interest at the time,” she said. She said it the work was also a joke around the house.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan asked Kelsey Steele if she didn't want to bleieve that her father wanted her mother killed. “Of cousre I don't want to, and I don't,” she sad.

Whelan said Kesley Steele sent her father books in jail, at first using her money or hier mothers but soon using “donations from people who ebleived in my dad.” Whelan said Kelsey sometimes sent books and amgaines to her father that he didn't want, and he was sure to let her know she'd screwed up.
“He would let me now if I messed up,” Kelsey Steele said.

Also testifying today was a Sandpoint man who arrived at Edgar Steele's home for a trip to Spokane the day of Steele's arrest. Allen Banks told jurors he was familiar with the defendant's research into the Russian mail order bride scandal. Banks said he was visiting the Steele home once when “Ed called me over to the computer to see his Russian girlfriends.”

Banks said Cyndi Steele was present, and they looked at photos about five or six Ukrainian women “who had been contacted as part of a legal case.” The three laughed together as they discussed the case, Banks said. Banks said Steele was weak and disoriented after medical treatment for an aneurysm. He saw Steele led out of his Talache Road home in handcuffs June 11. “He was handcuffed with his hands behind his back, and his face looked puffy,” Banks said. He said he was surprised by the arrest

“Definitely, because it's completely out of character,” Banks said.

But prosecutors pointed out that Banks said Steele's health had improved by the day of his arrest. They also noted that Steele called Banks to set up the appointment June 9, which matches what he told Fairfax about setting up an alibi. Also testifying for the defense today was Sandpoint veterinarian Robert Stoll, who said the allegations against Steele are “completely out of character.” “Edgar is a sweet, kind man,” Stoll said. He has known the Steeles for years and testified briefly about the couple's peaceful relationship.

Cyndi Steele's best friend, Billie Elizabeth Cochran, also told jurors that she never witnesses or heard of spousal abuse in the 10 years she's known the couple. Cyndi Steele stayed at her home for after her husband's arrest because she was afraid to stay at their home.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1517
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Comment from Sirens and Gavels Blog

This comment from a Jew lover on the blog was of interest. I have to give the Jew lover credit for understanding the nature of lawyers. You can comment at the link but keep it civil.
========

etapravda on May 02 at 1:47 p.m.

The Defense in this case is just desperate…billing hours and making money…they should have cut a deal….this kind of testimony is just nonsense…the racist is going to the pokey for the rest of his life…maybe they can find him a jewish or black cell mate…although that might be difficult in Idaho….but I’m sure it can be arranged

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1518
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
There are several typos that I did not correct in this blog but it is one of those rip and read operations to get it posted fast. The issue of a train whistle is an important one that can easily be settled. Kelsey has posted on this thread at the beginning. She must have left Ft. Worth where she was working and apparently is going to school in Oregon City. She may staying with her grandmother there, who was one of the supposed targets.
========

Sirens & Gavels
Steele’s daughter testifies in his defense
Posted by Meghann
May 2, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Edgar Steele's 20-year-old daughter told jurors that she doesn't believe the recording of her father discussing a plot to kill her mother is authentic. Kesley Steele, a student at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, said she recognizes her father's voice on parts of the recording but not others.
“The main thing that i noticed throughout it is it's just not the way that he talks,” she said.

She said she listened to the recordings several times and knows her mother “wanted to come up with her own conclusion…same with my brother and sister and myself.” Steele said she “grew up” in the barn where Steele and Fairfax reportedly had the conversation on the cording and said she'd never before heard a train whistle. Prosecutors provided phone records that show a train passes within a few miles of the area one per evening.

She said she knew of her father's work on the Russian bride scam but didn't talk about the details with him. “Getting into more details, it was not a huge common interest at the time,” she said. She said it the work was also a joke around the house.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan asked Kelsey Steele if she didn't want to bleieve that her father wanted her mother killed. “Of cousre I don't want to, and I don't,” she sad.

Whelan said Kesley Steele sent her father books in jail, at first using her money or hier mothers but soon using “donations from people who ebleived in my dad.” Whelan said Kelsey sometimes sent books and amgaines to her father that he didn't want, and he was sure to let her know she'd screwed up.
“He would let me now if I messed up,” Kelsey Steele said.

Also testifying today was a Sandpoint man who arrived at Edgar Steele's home for a trip to Spokane the day of Steele's arrest. Allen Banks told jurors he was familiar with the defendant's research into the Russian mail order bride scandal. Banks said he was visiting the Steele home once when “Ed called me over to the computer to see his Russian girlfriends.”

Banks said Cyndi Steele was present, and they looked at photos about five or six Ukrainian women “who had been contacted as part of a legal case.” The three laughed together as they discussed the case, Banks said. Banks said Steele was weak and disoriented after medical treatment for an aneurysm. He saw Steele led out of his Talache Road home in handcuffs June 11. “He was handcuffed with his hands behind his back, and his face looked puffy,” Banks said. He said he was surprised by the arrest

“Definitely, because it's completely out of character,” Banks said.

But prosecutors pointed out that Banks said Steele's health had improved by the day of his arrest. They also noted that Steele called Banks to set up the appointment June 9, which matches what he told Fairfax about setting up an alibi. Also testifying for the defense today was Sandpoint veterinarian Robert Stoll, who said the allegations against Steele are “completely out of character.” “Edgar is a sweet, kind man,” Stoll said. He has known the Steeles for years and testified briefly about the couple's peaceful relationship.

Cyndi Steele's best friend, Billie Elizabeth Cochran, also told jurors that she never witnesses or heard of spousal abuse in the 10 years she's known the couple. Cyndi Steele stayed at her home for after her husband's arrest because she was afraid to stay at their home.
This is excellent. A witness, and the daughter of the so-called intended murder victim, says the recordings are fake. This should be big in the eyes of the jurors.

Unless every single juror is a complete lemming, afraid to cast the politically incorrect not guilty vote, Edgar will get a hung jury, at least.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1519
Alex Linder
Administrator

I hope you're right, Rounder. The jury is all women but one - I have to believe they will listen to the unjustly accused man's wife and child.

Old May 2nd, 2011 #1520
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry The Five Words

Terrible Tommie's Five Words, "I have nothing to say.", do not apply to full blooded lawyers like Steele. If Steele is not crazy, he should have at the very least taken the stand and punched holes in the government's case. He also should also have acted as his own lawyer and saved his colleagues the $108,000 which was squandered on lawyers here. That would have saved him at least six months of rotting in jail.

Rounder brought up a good point that I haven't thought about. If Steele gets a hung jury, he and Fairfax spend another year in jail together until the next trial.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread