VNN Broadcasts

Old May 30th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Books Commonly Assigned in U.S. Public Schools

[looking for agitprop works]

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969), by Maya Angelou

Quote:
Agitprop lessons: blacks had it so bad growing up in segregated South, black women are heroes who just need to realize it, blacks are great, have/can overcome anything, even white racism, which is the worst thing in the world. self-esteem preaching + anti-whiteism + girl-empowerment.

Quote:
Many of the problems Maya encounters in her childhood stem from the overt racism of her white neighbors. Although Momma is relatively wealthy because she owns the general store at the heart of Stamps' Black community, the white children of their town hassle Maya's family relentlessly. One of these "powhitetrash" girls, for example, reveals her pubic hair to Momma in a humiliating incident. Early in the book, Momma hides Uncle Willie in a vegetable bin to protect him from Ku Klux Klan raiders. Maya has to endure the insult of her name being changed to Mary by a racist employer. A white speaker at her eighth grade graduation ceremony disparages the Black audience by suggesting that they have limited job opportunities. A white dentist refuses to treat Maya's rotting tooth, even when Momma reminds him that she had loaned him money during the Depression. The Black community of Stamps enjoys a moment of racial victory when they listen to the radio broadcast of Joe Louis's championship fight, but generally they feel the heavy weight of racist oppression.
As a poet, author, playwright, director, performer, actress, professor, producer, singer and civil right's activist, "I have created myself," she told USA Today. "I have taught myself so much."

Many of us read her best known book, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, in school. Published in 1969, it lyrically recounted her years growing up in the Jim Crow South. The memoir was one of the first autobiographies by a 20th century black woman to reach a general readership.

In addition to her six volumes of autobiographies, Angelou wrote iconic poems including "Still I Rise," which Nelson Mandela read aloud at his presidential inauguration.

I_Know_Why_the_Caged_Bird_Sings I_Know_Why_the_Caged_Bird_Sings

Quote:
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is the 1969 autobiography about the early years of African-American writer and poet Maya Angelou. The first in a seven-volume series, it is a coming-of-age story that illustrates how strength of character and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma.

Cover from the first edition of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969)

http://www.policymic.com/articles/90...emember-her-by

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 30th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Old May 30th, 2014 #2
N.B. Forrest

I know why the cagy nigger swings.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 30th, 2014 #3
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
A white dentist refuses to treat Maya's rotting tooth, even when Momma reminds him that she had loaned him money during the Depression.
Oh yeah: a White dentist simply refused to pull one of her heffa teef - even though "Momma" had the scratch to pay him, due to fleecing her co-coons.

What an huge crock o' nigshit...

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 31st, 2014 #4
SaraT

Oh, I'm sure its just as reliable as Alex Haley's Roots.

Old May 31st, 2014 #5
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I know why the cagy nigger swings.
*gasp*

How dare you insult America's poet laureate in such a contemptuous manner! She, crowned so by then-prez Bill "Define Sex" Clinton (upon which the babbling baboon returned the compliment by dubbing Bubba "America's first black president") passed away only last week, I'll have you know. Have you no shame? ... no shame at all?! What a prejudiced, insensitive, politically incorrect lowlife you are...you have no consideration at all for the feelings of others! Why, I'll bet you don't even support the United Negro College Fund ... do you, Mr. Forrest? With their motto of "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" (or is that "A waste is a terrible thing to mind"?), they're totally committed to improving job opps for those poor, poor ghetto youths determined to rise above the devastation heaped them as a direct consequence of having been under the yoke of the White man for the past 400 years.

As a liberated "White" man, all I can say is that welfare, affirmative action programs, govt. loans and jobs in the post offices and driver's license bureaus (where blacks can be utterly rude to Whites without fear of getting a reprimand, let alone fired), rent assistance, food stamps, and all other set-asides and entitlements based primarily on race -- all these are nothing when it comes to what you really owe the black men, women and children of America for your past treatment of them! Again: Shame, shame, I say! You just wait til reparations become a reality, buster! then you'll really feel the agony, the pain of the so-called White man's burden! Forty acres and a mule, my aching ass! They're going to bleed you even whiter than you are now, paleface!

p.s. Kevin Phelps, or any other race-traitor POS for that matter: Mind if I sign your name(s) to this hysterical little screed? I know you'd be right proud...

Old May 31st, 2014 #6
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

The only nig-scribblins' that I recall as mandatory reading was a short story by Richard Wright (an excerpt from Black Boy) wherein he described how him and his brother tortured and hanged a kitten.

I know it was included in the assigned text book anthology to encourage young Whites to empathize with those of the darkie persuasion but in my case it had the opposite effect of highlighting the differences.

Old May 31st, 2014 #7
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
*gasp*

How dare you insult America's poet laureate in such a contemptuous manner! She, crowned so by then-prez Bill "Define Sex" Clinton (upon which the babbling baboon returned the compliment by dubbing Bubba "America's first black president") passed away only last week, I'll have you know. Have you no shame? ... no shame at all?! What a prejudiced, insensitive, politically incorrect lowlife you are...you have no consideration at all for the feelings of others! Why, I'll bet you don't even support the United Negro College Fund ... do you, Mr. Forrest? With their motto of "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" (or is that "A waste is a terrible thing to mind"?), they're totally committed to improving job opps for those poor, poor ghetto youths determined to rise above the devastation heaped them as a direct consequence of having been under the yoke of the White man for the past 400 years.

As a liberated "White" man, all I can say is that welfare, affirmative action programs, govt. loans and jobs in the post offices and driver's license bureaus (where blacks can be utterly rude to Whites without fear of getting a reprimand, let alone fired), rent assistance, food stamps, and all other set-asides and entitlements based primarily on race -- all these are nothing when it comes to what you really owe the black men, women and children of America for your past treatment of them! Again: Shame, shame, I say! You just wait til reparations become a reality, buster! then you'll really feel the agony, the pain of the so-called White man's burden! Forty acres and a mule, my aching ass! They're going to bleed you even whiter than you are now, paleface!

p.s. Kevin Phelps, or any other race-traitor POS for that matter: Mind if I sign your name(s) to this hysterical little screed? I know you'd be right proud...
Y-You're right....it was unforgivable of me. I must make amends at once by sucking St. Maya's cold black ass....

Old June 2nd, 2014 #8
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Y-You're right....it was unforgivable of me. I must make amends at once by sucking St. Maya's cold black ass....
Ah! it appears as though you may not be in need of sensitivity training after all -- very good; very good indeed, my simpering friend!

(mental note: inform Mo' Dees at SPLC H.Q. that mission is accomplished; one more goy now under the yoke of our Jewish overlords. Er, I only hope he's not too busy groping, boffing yet another stepdaughter/stepson; I'm getting sick of pecking out field reports only to have them go unread.)

Old June 5th, 2014 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Ibsen - A Doll House - trains all to be selfish like Nora. Women in particular to reject their family and children for self-actualization. Read by almost all bourgeois AP English students I would guess. More on this later, just wanted to put it down when it popped up in my head.

Three cheers for the subconscious! I've got it working on this and (uncreated yet) epiphanies (thread), and it keeps coughing up results...

Old June 5th, 2014 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Oh yeah: a White dentist simply refused to pull one of her heffa teef - even though "Momma" had the scratch to pay him, due to fleecing her co-coons.

What an huge crock o' nigshit...
yep. complete bullshit.

i wonder if maya was a better prostitute than poetasteress.

Old June 5th, 2014 #11
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Ibsen - A Doll House - trains all to be selfish like Nora. Women in particular to reject their family and children for self-actualization. Read by almost all bourgeois AP English students I would guess. More on this later, just wanted to put it down when it popped up in my head.

Three cheers for the subconscious! I've got it working on this and (uncreated yet) epiphanies (thread), and it keeps coughing up results...
I saw a Masterpiece Theater presentation of that over 20 years ago; the narrator (Cooke or Baker, can't remember which) said that Ibsen stated that he wasn't encouraging such feminist cuntery, just documenting it.

Whatever. Encouragement has been the result, intended or not.

Old June 5th, 2014 #12
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
yep. complete bullshit.

i wonder if maya was a better prostitute than poetasteress.
Could hardly have been worse, although I don't know who'd pay to ride THAT ourang-outang.

Old June 6th, 2014 #13
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I saw a Masterpiece Theater presentation of that over 20 years ago; the narrator (Cooke or Baker, can't remember which) said that Ibsen stated that he wasn't encouraging such feminist cuntery, just documenting it.

Whatever. Encouragement has been the result, intended or not.
That's interesting; makes sense, given it's in Scandinavia. I always assumed he was promoting that behavior.

Old June 6th, 2014 #14
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Could hardly have been worse, although I don't know who'd pay to ride THAT ourang-outang.
From what I've read, Angelou was kind of a dick to work for, and very insistent on being called doctor. I have a vague memory of some type of MLK-similar scandal regarding her Ph.D., but I could be wrong.

Old June 6th, 2014 #15
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

What? ... no mention at all of every pre-schooler's favorite? -- Heather Has Two Mommies

Old June 6th, 2014 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

This list can include short story authors as well. I'll dig up the specific works later, as I don't have titles in front of me, I'm just recalling from memory.

Eudora Welty - a Southerner, a butt-ugly woman and a communist.

Nadine Gordimer. Jew. South African. Wrote short stories with the usual anti-white politics, called anti-apartheid when that late system was still in place.

To Kill a Mockingbird, by sex deviant Harper Lee. We've been over this elsewhere. Agitprop: niggers are unjustly accused; white racism is the real problem, not black criminal behavior. White men are holy when they defend niggers, evil and racist when they don't. White women make up lies about niggers raping them.

Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson. Millenialist pseudo-science that demonized DDT, the most effective insecticide, leading to the deaths of hundreds of millions of people, if you consider browns and blacks people.

Old June 6th, 2014 #17
confederate

Quote:
....if you consider browns and blacks people.
no i don't.

Dr. William Pierce

Old June 18th, 2014 #18
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confederate View Post
no i don't.
(Lawdy! what a racist bastard this Confederate is!)

Well I do consider blacks "people" -- that is, if you'll note, parentheses are wrapped around the word itself. If written in such a politically incorrect manner it becomes a joke, or a rolling of eyes; a "Yeah, right...they're people!" (italics being yet another way of emphasizing the fact that they are not in fact an actual people).

Moreover, the term civilization denotes a level of social organization achieved by a society of human beings that have reached an advanced stage of development. And fuck "culture", a disingenuous term employed by the left to insinuate that blacks and other muds are equal in terms of ability and achievement to that of Whites. Hell, a colony of fire ants has a culture; something that blacks, along with their mouthpiece liberal media, are forever touting. And ask yourself this: How many former Europeon colonies in Africa or the Carribbean have been able to care for their "people" and land once Whites have pulled out and left the natives to fend for themselves? Rhodesia? South Africa? Haiti? No; they've all gone down the tubes once the native inhabitants have been handed the reins. The White man will forever be running to their rescue to stop, stem the flow of genocides; the famines; to clothe and heal the population of their medical emergencies. And that's why, folks, blacks will forever be the White man's burden. Count on it.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; June 18th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

Thread