Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts


Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

 
Thread Display Modes Share
Old September 24th, 2012 #21
Steven L. Akins
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 13,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I beg to differ. I've been with the same person (bar a year or so break in our late teens) since I was 13 and he 12 and we find plenty to talk about - he would probably say I find too much to talk about - but we manage just fine. Having both common and separate interests help, I think. That's why I don't get what the 30 year old teacher has in common with a 15 year old girl. They don't remember the same things, probably don't like the same music, he's educated, she isn't, she probably doesn't have views on world events and politics etc whereas he does - I just don't get it.
They probably aren't interested in the same things, but they each have what some might call a fetish - she obviously likes older men and he obviously likes young women. I've been in quite a few relationships like that; so at least they have that in common. If it wasn't for that, then what would be the point? But they do have that, and for them it is no different from what most people have who are attracted to people close to their own age; which isn't nearly as exciting as being involved with a girl that is half your age, I can assure you.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #22
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil
 
Karl Radl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Posts: 3,130
Karl Radl
Default

I don't know why people invoke the inferior/superior tautology in gender differences... it is kind of an implicit denial of evolutionary biology, but there we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev
Meanwhile you've got schools in Manchester sacking granny dinnerladies and getting them investigated for "grooming" because they sneaked their own grandson an extra biscuit at dinnertime. One extreme to the other - what happened to common sense?
Because people feel pressured (for whatever reason) into wanting to seem to do something so they overreact about stupid little things that they perceive they can 'stamp out' (thus 'do something'), while allowing the actual problems to remain unsolved.

It fundamentally comes down to a me, myself and I mentality and the last one carrying the can gets hung, drawn and quartered as a scapegoat. I've seen it in corporations, universities, political parties, discussion groups and government departments: it is what happens everyone is playing politics rather than doing their jobs.

That said it is the 'ruling class'; to use an expression, and the aspirants to that class (graduate schemers, high flying postgrads, somebodies nephew etc) that largely does it: it doesn't tend to be the local plumber or the school accountant.
__________________
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #23
Steven L. Akins
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 13,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Wade View Post
Not with two intelligent people its not...one newspaper is all that is needed for hours of conversation...do these people want to talk to each other? That is usually the problem.
Don't you find discussing mundane matters annoying?
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #24
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
They probably aren't interested in the same things, but they each have what some might call a fetish - she obviously likes older men and he obviously likes young women. I've been in quite a few relationships like that; so at least they have that in common. If it wasn't for that, then what would be the point? But they do have that, and for them it is no different from what most people have who are attracted to people close to their own age; which isn't nearly as exciting as being involved with a girl that is half your age, I can assure you.
I don't know. I understand what you're saying but I find it hard to put myself in those kind of shoes, I think. I've only ever been attracted to people within one or two years of my own age (a certain SF rock singer notwithstanding) so I find it hard to see the attraction. I don't think relationships such as theirs can last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post



Because people feel pressured (for whatever reason) into wanting to seem to do something so they overreact about stupid little things that they perceive they can 'stamp out' (thus 'do something'), while allowing the actual problems to remain unsolved.

It fundamentally comes down to a me, myself and I mentality and the last one carrying the can gets hung, drawn and quartered as a scapegoat. I've seen it in corporations, universities, political parties, discussion groups and government departments: it is what happens everyone is playing politics rather than doing their jobs.

That said it is the 'ruling class'; to use an expression, and the aspirants to that class (graduate schemers, high flying postgrads, somebodies nephew etc) that largely does it: it doesn't tend to be the local plumber or the school accountant.
Exactly. It's just so - well, you know. Stupid. I hate it when there's no flexibility, no allowing for common sense or a harmless bend of the rules such as in the case of this biscuit-pushing dinnerlady. People just don't have the bottle to stand up and say "f**k it, this is petty, it doesn't matter, I'm going to spend my time going after someone that is actually causing a problem or doing something that might actually help someone."
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #25
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil
 
Karl Radl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Posts: 3,130
Karl Radl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Wade View Post
Not with two intelligent people its not...one newspaper is all that is needed for hours of conversation...do these people want to talk to each other? That is usually the problem.
Particularly if you both read a lot and have strong opinions along similar lines, but differing in places.

Half the problem with most couples; to quote my wife, is that they get together because they are physically attracted to each other not because they are intellectually/mentally attracted to each other.

I am like Bev: I've been with my wife (EG) for five-six years now. We don't fight (what's the point and what does it achieve): we have different areas of responsibility because we are good at different things. We are friends, lovers and partners all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akins
Don't you find discussing mundane matters annoying?
If you mean things like money, chores etc. Well that's easy you draw up who is responsible for what and if you both don't want to do it: you have a rota. I deal with all the money, forms, bills and all technology bits and bobs for us, while my wife deals with the house, the shopping (including most of mine) and our joint/separate social calendars.

All you need to do is be mature about it and when one of you is hormonal or has had a bad day: you simply tell the other one and you have an mutually agreed way of dealing with it. For example when my wife has had a bad day she tells me, curls up on the sofa with some chocolate and watches Nascar or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev
I beg to differ. I've been with the same person (bar a year or so break in our late teens) since I was 13 and he 12 and we find plenty to talk about - he would probably say I find too much to talk about - but we manage just fine.
Sorry Bev: can't resist. You do know you sound slightly like a Chav which is kind of reinforced by your love of scooters.
__________________
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #26
Steven L. Akins
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 13,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I don't know. I understand what you're saying but I find it hard to put myself in those kind of shoes, I think. I've only ever been attracted to people within one or two years of my own age (a certain SF rock singer notwithstanding) so I find it hard to see the attraction. I don't think relationships such as theirs can last.
For some people, if it doesn't feel wrong, it just doesn't feel right - forbidden fruit is the sweetest, or what have you. That being said, most relationships don't last; it's rare that one does, even more conventional ones.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #27
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil
 
Karl Radl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Posts: 3,130
Karl Radl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
(a certain SF rock singer notwithstanding)
Not Spartan surely?

Quote:
Exactly. It's just so - well, you know. Stupid. I hate it when there's no flexibility, no allowing for common sense or a harmless bend of the rules such as in the case of this biscuit-pushing dinnerlady. People just don't have the bottle to stand up and say "f**k it, this is petty, it doesn't matter, I'm going to spend my time going after someone that is actually causing a problem or doing something that might actually help someone."
Well if history teaches us anything is that the longer the absurdity afflicting a civilization goes on the bigger and more brutal the rebound. If you look you can already see that there are signs of it coming as people are fundamentally coming to the conclusion of 'what the fuck are we doing with ourselves?'

The period we currently live in kind of reminds me of the late Victorian era when people believed it would just 'go on forever' and that when we have a crisis; as we do now, that it would just fix itself (by the actions of the great and the good). I'd also add that we currently share another common misnomer with that era in the belief that international trade links and spreading of knowledge will prevent any major war in future.

After all; as Niall Ferguson has rightly observed, do we not today practice the same gunboat diplomacy and policy of regional wars as did the late Victorians, but rather than a physical empire you have a virtual empire instead?
__________________

Last edited by Karl Radl; September 24th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #28
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
Particularly if you both read a lot and have strong opinions along similar lines, but differing in places.

Half the problem with most couples; to quote my wife, is that they get together because they are physically attracted to each other not because they are intellectually/mentally attracted to each other.

I am like Bev: I've been with my wife (EG) for five-six years now. We don't fight (what's the point and what does it achieve): we have different areas of responsibility because we are good at different things. We are friends, lovers and partners all at once.



If you mean things like money, chores etc. Well that's easy you draw up who is responsible for what and if you both don't want to do it: you have a rota. I deal with all the money, forms, bills and all technology bits and bobs for us, while my wife deals with the house, the shopping (including most of mine) and our joint/separate social calendars.

All you need to do is be mature about it and when one of you is hormonal or has had a bad day: you simply tell the other one and you have an mutually agreed way of dealing with it. For example when my wife has had a bad day she tells me, curls up on the sofa with some chocolate and watches Nascar or something like that.
That's just what I was going to say - there's a certain amount of necessary mundane chatter in any cohabiting relationship relating to bills and chores etc but it needn't take up hours and hours.

Like you two, I see no point in fighting unless it's something really important like the name of the character that did X in that kids show we watched when we were 5 or 6 (4 hours, that one, until we got Google to mediate and found that I was right, of course.) There's just so much to talk about.



Quote:
Sorry Bev: can't resist. You do know you sound slightly like a Chav which is kind of reinforced by your love of scooters.

*choke* Scooters? I'll accept Chav, sitting here as I am with a hoodie on, but I take umbrage at that accusation!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
For some people, if it doesn't feel wrong, it just doesn't feel right - forbidden fruit is the sweetest, or what have you. That being said, most relationships don't last; it's rare that one does, even more conventional ones.
I don't know - that's just not been my experience, so I find it hard to imagine. I know so many people in long-term relationships - my parents are still married, both sets of grandparents were married till bereavement separated them, my friends are all married or in long-term relationships - I think I only know of one couple who are divorced.

I understand what you're saying with the forbidden fruit, it's just not something I can relate to.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #29
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
Not Spartan surely?
San Francisco, not Stormfront!




Quote:
Well if history teaches us anything is that the longer the absurdity afflicting a civilization goes on the bigger and more brutal the rebound. If you look you can already see that there are signs of it coming as people are fundamentally coming to the conclusion of 'what the fuck are we doing with ourselves?'

The period we currently live in kind of reminds me of the late Victorian era when people believed it would just 'go on forever' and that when we have a crisis; as we do now, that it would just fix itself (by the actions of the great and the good). I'd also add that we currently share another common misnomer with that era in the belief that international trade links and spreading of knowledge will prevent any major war in future.

After all; as Niall Ferguson has rightly observed, do we not today practice the same gunboat diplomacy and policy of regional wars as did the late Victorians, but rather than a physical empire you have a virtual empire instead?
Depends on the knowledge being spread, I guess. I mean, look at the information available to the 1938 Brit about the big, bad Germans, and look at the information available to the 2012 Western world (for those who wish to look, anyway) about the big, bad Iranians/Syrians/anyone else Israel and the US are planning on falling out with. Not that it will prevent a war, I suppose, but the chance to register opposition and protest is there, much more than it was. But I know what you mean.

People do seem to be coming to the conclusion that nobody is going to sort the problems out and the people put in charge of sorting it out are more interested in creating bigger problems and pissing about with minutiae and I think it's minutiae such as the biscuit caper that is going to break the camel's back.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #30
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil
 
Karl Radl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Posts: 3,130
Karl Radl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
That's just what I was going to say - there's a certain amount of necessary mundane chatter in any cohabiting relationship relating to bills and chores etc but it needn't take up hours and hours.

Like you two, I see no point in fighting unless it's something really important like the name of the character that did X in that kids show we watched when we were 5 or 6 (4 hours, that one, until we got Google to mediate and found that I was right, of course.) There's just so much to talk about.
Lol: we don't even do that actually. The only *important* thing have any banter about is the accusation that I am a stodgy old git and on my part that she's just like a localized disaster zone.

I don't know anyone else who manages to routinely destroy cellphones by throwing them against hard objects out of frustration.

Quote:
*choke* Scooters?
Yah... I recall you in your rather fetching scooter helmet, while chatting about Chavs on scooters giving you midlanders a bad name.

*ducks as kitchen sink flies past*

Quote:
I'll accept Chav, sitting here as I am with a hoodie on, but I take umbrage at that accusation!
Well I guess it depends on the hoodie doesn't it?

I don't recall seeing many Chavs wearing ubiquitous university hoodies now do I?

Can you imagine it: a bunch of Chavs shoplifting in JJB Sports with Oxford University hoodies on?

Tis the new bling: 'I got a Second Class: Second Division in Petty Thievery from New College, Oxford man. I got class me!'
__________________
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #31
andy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: london
Posts: 12,833
andy
Default

Strewth
Forbidden fruit ? How childish and immature is that as a reason to indulge ones egotistical porn fueled fantasies ? Much is made of recent legislation on grooming and such to counter the upsurge in child rape and molesting.Perhaps it is time for pre emptive strikes against those who state publicly that they are in favour and desire to engage in child rape and molestation.
The following are facts that any man of the world knows
1.Some women's body's are in better condition than many teenage girls.
2.There are plenty of female morons right into their 60's who have the minds of teenagers.
The only conclusion a normal person can come to is the sole attraction for child molesting and child rape as in this case is the naivety and mental vulnerability of the girl.That the inadequate nonce that has abducted her can impose his will without any impedance that experience gives to even the most stupid of women.Like the baddiell looky likeys that go to south east asia as sex tourists they (The inadequate nonces) want to impose their will and views as well sexual demands onto someone who has no way to apply critical judgement in such matters.
__________________
The above post is as always my opinion

Chase them into the swamps
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #32
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
Lol: we don't even do that actually. The only *important* thing have any banter about is the accusation that I am a stodgy old git and on my part that she's just like a localized disaster zone.
Sounds very familiar....

Quote:
I don't know anyone else who manages to routinely destroy cellphones by throwing them against hard objects out of frustration.

See above.....
Quote:
Well I guess it depends on the hoodie doesn't it?
One with the band of the aforementioned SF-not-Stormfront singer on it.

Quote:
I don't recall seeing many Chavs wearing ubiquitous university hoodies now do I?


There's even a baseball cap to match. And one with a pocket for an iPod.

http://store.nottingham.ac.uk/browse...did=1&compid=1


Quote:
Can you imagine it: a bunch of Chavs shoplifting in JJB Sports with Oxford University hoodies on?

Tis the new bling: 'I got a Second Class: Second Division in Petty Thievery from New College, Oxford man. I got class me!'
Certainly sounds better than the usual string of ASBOs but then again, the amount of Oxfords and Cambos who get involved in such capers only to have Mummy or Daddy make it all go away quietly is an eye-opener. Not sure about it being JJB though (incidentally, they've filed for bankruptcy protection today) but more Selfridges and Al Fayed's place.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #33
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil
 
Karl Radl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Posts: 3,130
Karl Radl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
San Francisco, not Stormfront!
Oh well it could be anyone then...


Quote:
Depends on the knowledge being spread, I guess. I mean, look at the information available to the 1938 Brit about the big, bad Germans, and look at the information available to the 2012 Western world (for those who wish to look, anyway) about the big, bad Iranians/Syrians/anyone else Israel and the US are planning on falling out with. Not that it will prevent a war, I suppose, but the chance to register opposition and protest is there, much more than it was. But I know what you mean.
I know, but the internet has changed the rules of game completely. There is simply no way to stop dissenting views being propagated to a very wide audience and there is no 'old boys' network in the media and even Israel's very advanced and forward-looking media strategy can't cope with the internet although not for want of trying.

The MSM is dying: in part because its publishers and executives think like businessmen not like old-school politicians or ruthless lobbyists. They lived like kings and now they've lost control of the format, because they didn't look ahead to see what was coming.

In essence now you've got a lot more people on both the right and the left questioning the whole Iranian farrago than you ever had in the 1980s when the Israelis similarly attacked Iraq's nuclear reactor project. It could be hushed up and brushed over then, but now because of the internet and particularly the rise of what I like to call the 'citizen journalist' through the Youtube video. It has become semi-impossible for the meandering scholars, legislators and businessmen to keep up.

All they do is launch strategies, which; like the French General Staff in 1940, are already obsolete because the internet has already charged through them. Basically people are too slow to fight the blogosophere and internet news sites plus the ISPs don't have too much interest in disclosing who people are precisely because it places their market share and corporate reputation in jeopardy.

Besides look at the difference between the blogosphere and the MSM: the MSM is anti-death penalty, pro-banks, pro-immigrant, pro-political system etc. If you look at the blogosphere you find the converse: it has allowed the fact that there is a severe gap between the 'ruling class' and the mass of the population about what they want. You've essentially got a situation where the opinions are diverging and become radicalised as received wisdom is different on both sides of the fence.

So much for 'representative democracy'.

Quote:
People do seem to be coming to the conclusion that nobody is going to sort the problems out and the people put in charge of sorting it out are more interested in creating bigger problems and pissing about with minutiae and I think it's minutiae such as the biscuit caper that is going to break the camel's back.
Hmmm I don't think it will be minutiae: I think what will cause something to happen is the pressure on people's finances, which is huge at the moment. It is one of the few things I agree with Marx somewhat on in that once you take away economic comfort from people: they become progressively more radicalised, but not usually for hyper-intellectual solutions (as the leftists think) but rather for a simple, common sense and fundamentally socially (although not economically) conservative approach (like the old union politics and current nationalist politics: a simple message based on simple observable truth).

After all the petrol/diesel prices are already destroying people's finances: if they bring in the duty hike it is going to hurt people in the country badly. Plus migrants are still flooding in according to various right-wing think tank reports that I subscribe too. Basically something has got to give as the pressure on the middle class in particular is getting astronomical.

I note with interest that the whole 'lets look at those with 1 million or more in assets' thing is actually a direct attack on the Middle Class: most of whom have that in assets, because of the boom in property ownership and its rise in value. It isn't an attack on the rich at all: the rich already have their own unit (who are fighting against well paid tax accountants who can run rings around them) and the people they are going after are those who are; as they say, the upper/middle class poor: who are asset rich, but cash poor. The strength of the old left has historically been the unions, which they have all but lost as a force with the exception of the militant 'Unite' and the Teachers Unions.

Or in other words: they are going after soft targets who are less likely to pay top London solicitors to go scalp the inland revenue.
__________________

Last edited by Karl Radl; September 24th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #34
Angel Ramsey
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I imagine it is her young, fresh, 15 year old body that he is attracted to, don't you?
Only you...You sick deviant fuck, would say something like that. The really sick thing is that you BELIEVE it.

Quote:
Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century, and has been more recently revisited by Ray Blanchard. It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term "chronophilia". Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction. In sexual ethics, it may be defined as a sexual preference for girls generally 14–16 years old, and boys generally 14–19 years old. Some authors define ephebophilia as a sexual preference for pubescent and adolescent boys.

In research environments, specific terms are used for chronophilias: for instance, ephebophilia to refer to the sexual preference for mid-to-late adolescents, hebephilia to refer to the sexual preference for earlier pubescent individuals, and pedophilia to refer to the sexual preference for prepubescent children. However, the term pedophilia is commonly, but incorrectly, used to refer to any sexual interest in minors below the legal age of consent, regardless of their level of physical, mental, or psychological development.
You have a serious psychological disorder. Get help!

Last edited by Angel Ramsey; September 24th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #35
Steven L. Akins
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 13,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I don't know - that's just not been my experience, so I find it hard to imagine. I know so many people in long-term relationships - my parents are still married, both sets of grandparents were married till bereavement separated them, my friends are all married or in long-term relationships - I think I only know of one couple who are divorced.

I understand what you're saying with the forbidden fruit, it's just not something I can relate to.
Some people just find the ordinary boring and they crave something more extraordinary.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #36
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
Oh well it could be anyone then...




I know, but the internet has changed the rules of game completely. There is simply no way to stop dissenting views being propagated to a very wide audience and there is no 'old boys' network in the media and even Israel's very advanced and forward-looking media strategy can't cope with the internet although not for want of trying.

The MSM is dying: in part because its publishers and executives think like businessmen not like old-school politicians or ruthless lobbyists. They lived like kings and now they've lost control of the format, because they didn't look ahead to see what was coming.

In essence now you've got a lot more people on both the right and the left questioning the whole Iranian farrago than you ever had in the 1980s when the Israelis similarly attacked Iraq's nuclear reactor project. It could be hushed up and brushed over then, but now because of the internet and particularly the rise of what I like to call the 'citizen journalist' through the Youtube video. It has become semi-impossible for the meandering scholars, legislators and businessmen to keep up.

All they do is launch strategies, which; like the French General Staff in 1940, are already obsolete because the internet has already charged through them. Basically people are too slow to fight the blogosophere and internet news sites plus the ISPs don't have too much interest in disclosing who people are precisely because it places their market share and corporate reputation in jeopardy.

Besides look at the difference between the blogosphere and the MSM: the MSM is anti-death penalty, pro-banks, pro-immigrant, pro-political system etc. If you look at the blogosphere you find the converse: it has allowed the fact that there is a severe gap between the 'ruling class' and the mass of the population about what they want. You've essentially got a situation where the opinions are diverging and become radicalised as received wisdom is different on both sides of the fence.

So much for 'representative democracy'.
Which is sort of what I meant, but didn't elaborate on. This thing that Al Gore didn't invent really ruined their need-to-know news reports. I don't think I appreciated just how much until I compared the difference between the collective VNN report on the London riots and the MSM report on the London riots and saw the vast, vast difference. Pretty late to come to such a conclusion, I know, but that was when it really hit home and when it was demonstrable to others, which itself was a useful tool for weaning people off the Sun and Star.

Quote:
Hmmm I don't think it will be minutiae: I think what will cause something to happen is the pressure on people's finances, which is huge at the moment. It is one of the few things I agree with Marx somewhat on in that once you take away economic comfort from people: they become progressively more radicalised, but not usually for hyper-intellectual solutions (as the leftists think) but rather for a simple, common sense and fundamentally socially (although not economically) conservative approach (like the old union politics and current nationalist politics: a simple message based on simple observable truth).
Well, I think minutiae and finances are related, sort of. People want an end to this cut or that price hike. As you and Marx note, once it impacts on their economic comfort zone, they start to react and reports of million pound investigations into trivial shit or think tank$ to tell us that trampolines can be dangerous (that's the latest big expenditure conclusion that's upset people) are the things I hear people complaining about most. Thousands of pounds to deduce that a trampoline can be dangerous to unsupervised toddlers could have/should have save/d this ward or that classroom or, more selfishly, poured back into their pocket somehow.

Billions on a war? . 30,000 on common sense? How dare they! I assume it's because the latter is a figure they can imagine possessing and therefore the amount is more "real" to them.

Quote:
After all the petrol/diesel prices are already destroying people's finances: if they bring in the duty hike it is going to hurt people in the country badly. Plus migrants are still flooding in according to various right-wing think tank reports that I subscribe too. Basically something has got to give as the pressure on the middle class in particular is getting astronomical.
Oh, they've sorted that. We can save money on motoring by scrapping the tax and having a sort of "pay-as-you-drive" black box. People are screaming about 1984 and engine disablements for speeding and so of course they will happily accept any hike coming rather than be spied on.

Quote:
I note with interest that the whole 'lets look at those with 1 million or more in assets' thing is actually a direct attack on the Middle Class: most of whom have that in assets, because of the boom in property ownership and its rise in value. It isn't an attack on the rich at all: the rich already have their own unit (who are fighting against well paid tax accountants who can run rings around them) and the people they are going after are those who are; as they say, the upper/middle class poor: who are asset rich, but cash poor. The strength of the old left has historically been the unions, which they have all but lost as a force with the exception of the militant 'Unite' and the Teachers Unions.
Try telling our deputy PM your theory.
Quote:
Or in other words: they are going after soft targets who are less likely to pay top London solicitors to go scalp the inland revenue.
Ah - that's what he's up to. More faux disagreements and posturing for the benefit of really-working-but-pretending-to-be-middle-class Limp Dims. I wondered what his latest wobbler was about but really couldn't be bothered to try and figure out what he was on with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Some people just find the ordinary boring and they crave something more extraordinary.
Then those people are, sadly, going to be disappointed and probably alone.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.

Last edited by Bev; September 24th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #37
andy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: london
Posts: 12,833
andy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Only you...You sick deviant fuck, would say something like that. The really sick thing is that you BELIEVE it.



You have a serious psychological disorder. Get help!

It certainly is disturbing,it is well known and widely documented that law enforcement agencies across the US have well financed dedicated units to root out paedophiles.Recent cases have featured people arrested for intending to engage in child rape and molestation.He wont need to look for help if he continues with those sorts of posts he will be getting it for free courtesy of uncle sam.Even if his entire persona here is a posture it wont save him as was seen in the White case the data will be subject to a subpoena end of story.
__________________
The above post is as always my opinion

Chase them into the swamps
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #38
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

So this teacher was supposed to have written a blog about his relationship with the girl and he used the pen name Jeremy Ayre, if the press is correct. One entry was said to have been called "You Hit Me Like Heroin" (presumably from the Alkaline Trio song).

This appears to be his blog (opens at the relevant entry)

http://jeremyayremusic.com/2012/05/1...t-like-heroin/

The photo on the "about me" sort of matches the photo in the press here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-blogged.html and the Telegraph's wording of the blog entry is similar to the entry that I linked to. I am not saying it is definitely the right blog, only that it appears to be.


This appears to be his Twitter but it is protected.

https://twitter.com/jeremyayre?protected_redirect=true
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.

Last edited by Bev; September 24th, 2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: clarification
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #39
Angel Ramsey
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It certainly is disturbing,it is well known and widely documented that law enforcement agencies across the US have well financed dedicated units to root out paedophiles.Recent cases have featured people arrested for intending to engage in child rape and molestation.He wont need to look for help if he continues with those sorts of posts he will be getting it for free courtesy of uncle sam.Even if his entire persona here is a posture it wont save him as was seen in the White case the data will be subject to a subpoena end of story.
Very good points. Although, I'm afraid that he will pull the "age of consent in my state" (which is 16) card. I just worry about his 14 yr old daughter. God, what she must have to go through, living with that idiot.
 
Old September 24th, 2012 #40
andy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: london
Posts: 12,833
andy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Very good points. Although, I'm afraid that he will pull the "age of consent in my state" (which is 16) card. I just worry about his 14 yr old daughter. God, what she must have to go through, living with that idiot.
Imagine her friends I bet they love "creepy dad" of course that is presuming he has a daughter his whole persona from the cods scotsman onward strikes me as bogus.I would'nt be surprised to find out its bandozi
__________________
The above post is as always my opinion

Chase them into the swamps
 
Reply

Tags
forrest, groomers, grooming, jeremy forrest, paedophile

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.
Page generated in 0.18405 seconds.