Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 3rd, 2015 #1
Ian Smith son

Cool Bono bike accident: 'I may never play guitar again'

U2 frontman Bono says he fears that he may never play guitar again following a bike accident last November.

He made the comment in his A to Z of 2014, published on the band's website. Bono broke his arm in six places and fractured his eye socket, hand and shoulder blade in what he called a "freak accident" in New York.

In the letter to his fans, he said he was unable to move around physically and would have to "concentrate hard" to be fit for U2's next tour. At the time, the hospital where Bono was being treated said he had been involved in "a high-energy bicycle accident when he attempted to avoid another rider".The Irish rocker spoke this week about being on painkillers for weeks and said he had a "massive injury, I can't blame on anyone but myself".

The 54-year-old Dubliner revealed he now had a titanium elbow.

Bono said he "blanked out on impact and have no memory of how I ended up in New York Presbyterian with my humerus bone sticking through my leather jacket. Very punk rock as injuries go". Bono continued: "Recovery has been more difficult than I thought. As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again. The band have reminded me that neither they nor western civilization are depending on this.

"I personally would very much miss fingering the frets of my green Irish falcon or my (red) Gretsch. Just for the pleasure, aside from writing tunes. "But then does the Edge, or Jimmy Page, or any guitarist you know have a titanium elbow, as I do now? I'm all elbows, I am."

The wide-ranging, sometimes tongue-in-cheek, A-Z letter covers topics ranging from the iTunes release of the Songs of Innocence album, to an update on his family. He talked about learning from his mistakes adding "the first of which is the discovery that I am not an armoured vehicle".

Bono says the letter will be his only communication for the first part of this year. "The consequences of this freak accident are significant enough that I will have to concentrate hard to be ready for the U2 tour in fitness terms," he said."As a result I have cancelled every public appearance and decided this missive is all the communication I can manage for the first half of 2015, beyond muttering and singing to myself of course."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30654731

Old January 3rd, 2015 #2
Squarehead Chris

Too bad this squirrely little fuck didn't get turned into road pizza.

Old January 3rd, 2015 #3
C18 Australia
Banned

Eat shit Bono.Mud loving arrogant shitbag!

Old February 3rd, 2015 #4
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default Too bad, it didn't happen in his beloved Oakland. Youff identities hushed. But, we know which phenotype behavior this is:

http://abc7news.com/news/cyclist-hit...scious/474341/

Quote:
...While the 81-year-old driver of the truck was trying to help Gregory, a group of people went through his truck and stole his wallet.

And while the Gregory was lying on the ground by his bike, badly injured, police say a second group of people came up to him and took his wallet...

Old February 3rd, 2015 #5
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
Quote:
Witness Suga Slim said, "It was horrible and I mean he never moved after that. The man never moved."
Yeah, so it was open TNB season time, wasn't it? Gee, I wonder what the racial makeup of the neighborhood was that this took place in.

Old February 3rd, 2015 #6
N.B. Forrest

They were a truly great band in the '80s, then the insufferable asshole started forcing his nigger-loving down everyone's throats; they started to suck in earnest right after The Joshua Tree: the '90s were a total waste as far as they were concerned (shit - as far as music period was concerned).

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old February 3rd, 2015 #7
313Chris

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For was the one and only good song they ever had. Everything else was whiny garbage.

Old February 4th, 2015 #8
White Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
They were a truly great band in the '80s, then the insufferable asshole started forcing his nigger-loving down everyone's throats; they started to suck in earnest right after The Joshua Tree: the '90s were a total waste as far as they were concerned (shit - as far as music period was concerned).

I'd say it started in '84 with The Unforgettable Fire, and that hideous song about mlk, as well as his involvement in White Guilter,Bob Geldof's Band Aid bullshit to make us feel bad about starving niggers in afrika ( Starving at their own hands ), and all the shit that followed that

Last edited by White Winger; February 8th, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Old February 4th, 2015 #9
albert999
Banned

I hate him and his crappy music..

Thread