VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 14th, 2010 #41
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Housing Arrangements

Keep in mind that he is likely being held as a Federal prisoner in county jail. Also keep in mind that the mug shot was taken BEFORE they started working on him.

Old June 14th, 2010 #42
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Booking Information

http://www.kcsheriff.com/jailroster.htm

STEELE, EDGAR JAMES
Incarceration Date: 10:54:00 06/11/10
Scheduled Release:
Arrest Date: 09:58:00 06/11/10
Arrest Type: Custody Arrest
Arrest Agency: US MARSHALL
Arrest Officer: S.SOTKA
Arrest Location: HOME

Offense Date Offense Description Related Case Bail Bail Type

Old June 14th, 2010 #43
Hayden
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I v a n View Post
When people on this thread try to justify with argumentation why they don't believe that Ed couldn't have done what he's been accused of, it makes me uncomfortable because people who do that are the ones who know who Ed Steele is. If you know who Ed Steele is, isn't it obvious that he wouldn't seek someone's assistance in killing his wife and her mother unless he completely lost his marbles.

It's like 9-11 truthers trying to prove that 9-11 was an inside job. Isn't it obvious that operation of such complexity, not only impossible to pull off by 19 Arab youngsters, but it would require one to two years of very careful preparations involving government intelligence agencies at the highest levels? If it wasn't an inside job, wouldn't it be investigated to the last shred of material evidence instead of doing everything possible to cover it up? Wouldn't many people at high positions get fired and punished for allowing this to happen? That's all what anyone, with a shred of common sense, needs to know about 9-11 to make the unescapable conclusion.

If you need more evidence than that, you most probably won't be convinced otherwise no matter what physicists and architects will tell you.

I recall a brief exchange about 9-11 with a highly educated person from India. I was trying to sow some seeds of doubt in his mind that 9-11 couldn't possibly have happened as it was presented to us by the mass media. I asked him: Do you know that on 9-11 not two but three buildings went down? He didn't know that. Then I asked: So why do you think the collapse of building 7 wasn't covered? His answer was: Well, perhaps it wasn't news worthy. Perhaps - I replied, and never after that brought up the subject of 9-11 with him again.
I read your post several times, but am not sure what it is you are trying to say.

Could you expand?

Are you saying he has lost his marbles?

Old June 14th, 2010 #44
I v a n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I read your post several times, but am not sure what it is you are trying to say.

Could you expand?

Are you saying he has lost his marbles?
Well, Hayden, either you have a marvelous sense of humor, or you are a little slow. If the first is the case - congratulations, otherwise here is my expansion.

No, Hayden, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is this:

If you know who Edgar Steele is and you still are not quite sure that the charges against him are completely bogus, then it won't take much for the feds to convince you that Ed never had marbles.

Well, even that might be too complicated to digest for some, so let me simplify it even further: For everyone who knows anything about Ed, it should be obvious beyond any reasonable doubt that he has been simply set up for destruction.

Old June 14th, 2010 #45
I v a n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
He looks scared and not in good health to me. He's certainly under duress and no telling what they're doing to him or how he's being 'housed.'

I hate to say this, but Edgar Steele is not some kind of towel-head mud, like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed for example, he is an Aryan. So it won't take 8 years of waterboarding to scare the wits out of him, especially considering his health condition.

Most probably they intend to prove to him convincingly that he is not as tough as he sounds. I wouldn't be surprised if they forced him to accept some self-degrading plea bargain after which he wished he would better have died.

Like Michael Steinhardt, the "owner" of the Democratic party, has famously said in his 2001 book NO BULL: My Life In and Out of Markets (in chapter 3, where he talks about his father's dealings with notorious jewish mobster Meyer Lansky and other nice jewish jewelers): Revenge is a dish best served cold

Old June 14th, 2010 #46
America First

Solzhenitsyn tried to warn US, over thirty years ago, but no one listened especially those representing us.

IMO N.A.F.T.A. spelled the end along with open borders.

I would guess a few million Whites have already fled for Uraguay, N.Z. and other place's looking live away from the roar of the media b.s. and savages over the last 9 years.

I casually met some couples over the last nine years who took their retirements and one couple fled even to the hills of Panama, is what they told me they were doing.

This may be the Canary in the Cage. "Yellow Jump suit ?"

Again this case is nuts to me, as I never heard of an older professional after a heart attack doing something like this.

NKVD is not about being fair.

The NKVD wants no more rebuttals to what ever the media extrudes on US from now on IMO.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; June 14th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Old June 14th, 2010 #47
Alex Linder
Administrator

I notice Antiochus buzzed by today. I'd sure be interested to get his read on this.

Ed is not just a lawyer, he's a trial lawyer. Think about that.

Old June 15th, 2010 #48
bubba

I have always dreaded this day that I knew was coming. Edgar Steele set up on some flimflam charge. Yeah, sure, he's on the terrorist list. He knows that his phone is tapped and every move that he makes is scrutinized by our wonderful joo controlled government. Can't lure him into some petty bar fight, won't take the bait for some incriminating corruption, he's too smart for that. So desperation drives our enemies to take more drastic measures. The only question that I'm curious about is how they will choose to frame him. Maybe some fake audio, or a plea bargain after he's been tortured in some holding facility. Well, it has finally happened. Any one of us can be a target, just trump up some charges and trowel out whatever mass media fools will believe. I read some of the comments posted with news articles. Things like "he's an evil hater and he's gonna get what he deserves." Or " he tried to sell me an airplane with hail damage....probably guilty." I'm paraphrasing a bit but you get the picture. Another media whitewash brought to you by uncle jewey and his henchmen.

Old June 15th, 2010 #49
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

On several occasions, didn't Edgar Steele point out that he needed to be very careful with the words he used in promoting certain ideas for the fact he would be disbarred for violating some principle that practitioners of legal profession must abide?

He was a careful man.

On a least one occasion didn't Edgar Steele write something to the effect that when Itz has begun: the jew will come for him and people like him first?

Now the jew has come for him ...

Will Steele die of complications resulting from his recent heart condition before his trial?

Quote:
Vanguard New Network

Another day, another well-known WN facing federal charges. Why is it that top WNs never face state/local charges?
That really tells you all you need to know.

Old June 15th, 2010 #50
SMG3000
Wants Closer Ties to Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Will Steele die of complications resulting from his recent heart condition before his trial?
Jails are notorious for refusing to treat medical conditions of inmates. For whatever reason they do this, I have trouble believing they are allowing him access to his prescribed medication. They do this sort of quiet killing even when the System-foe, *or* two-bit criminal, isn't resented by the average slob.
Namely a former senator or congressman who was framed and imprisoned for defying Israel. He managed to survive his incarceration, even when they tried to force him to take medicine for a "twisted aorta", something he didn't even have! It would have killed him. He was on Alex Jones.

Old June 15th, 2010 #51
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

This incident is significant regards of whether Steele is guilty or not and if guilty to what degree he was set up. The fact that so many high profile WN have been prosecuted for "planing", "conspiring", "threatening", "endangering", having few images on their computer, thinking, posting, speaking, ... indicates that something is very wrong. Interesting, that it seems that known off the dangerous NW have never committed a crime beyond a thought/speech "crime".

Given his education level, knowledge of the law, his displayed caution, etc when confronting the HATE make Steele's situation the most high profile and troubling. One thing that must be true about Steele is that he must have led a very legal and highly moral life. If he had not, by now all his skeletons would have been exposed in an attempt to destroy his reputation.

Given that, what will these groups/individuals have to say about this situation?

VDare - Peter Brimelow
American Renaissance - Jared Taylor
The American Cause - Patrick Buchanan
The Occidental Quarterly - Kevin MacDonald
Western Voices - Frank Roman
Paul Craig Roberts
or even
Kevin Strom

All of the above could shine a spotlight on that tactics of the jew in silencing Whites who fight against their own genocide. They could do this without naming the jew directly if they did not have the courage. They could point out that if federal "hate speech/thought" crime laws are fully enacted, that the situation will get significantly worse, even for people likes Brimelow and Taylor and Buchanan. Even Brimelow, Taylor and Buchanan must realize that clock is ticking on them.

It seems clear that "Federal Officials" feel they were unable to wait for "hate speech/thought" crime laws in the case of those the name the jew (Steele, Hale, Duke, Strom, ...) so that had to take other measures. Who can deny that the NW are being prosecuted at this time and the judeo-NW are not.

Old June 15th, 2010 #52
Igor Alexander

Quote:
Ernst Zundel never retired from what he was doing
I'm just repeating what Zuendel himself has said, not to mention Doug Christie and his official American spokesman while incarcerated, Mark Weber.

Quote:
the attempts to put him in jail has been going on ever since 1985 trial; he's been convicted several times.
I know that. I should've made it clear that I was referring to the events of 2003 onwards, which I see as notably different from the previous legal attacks on him.

The point is that he was no longer very active in politics when they quasi-legally lynched him in 2003. He was moving to Tennessee to be with his wife and at most would've continued to publish an electronic newsletter.

If you don't think revenge is a prime motive in such incidents, look at the hanging of Julius Streicher and his compatriots. This article claims it happened on Purim. Some articles I've seen even go so far as to allege the executed had their throats slit JRM-style afterwards.

Last edited by Igor Alexander; June 15th, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

Old June 15th, 2010 #53
Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
On several occasions, didn't Edgar Steele point out that he needed to be very careful with the words he used in promoting certain ideas for the fact he would be disbarred for violating some principle that practitioners of legal profession must abide?

He was a careful man.
One of his Nickel Rants specifically warned people about this kind of entrapment. He advised people to loudly and clearly say something like "No, that's illegal and I am going to report you to the police" and walk away if ever they were approached with this type of proposal. Steele was fully aware that Matt Hale had been entrapped in this way and spoke publicly about it many times. Did Steele suddenly decide not to heed his own advice?

The charges against him are bogus.

I tried to find that Nickel Rant yesterday but there are too many and I don't remember what it's called. A poster named New America used to regularly link to it from the VNN front page.

Last edited by Igor Alexander; June 15th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.

Old June 15th, 2010 #54
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Alexander View Post
One of his Nickel Rants specifically warned people about this kind of entrapment. He advised people to loudly and clearly say something like "No, that's illegal and I am going to report you to the police" and walk away if ever they were approached with this type of proposal. Steele was fully aware that Matt Hale had been entrapped in this way and spoke publicly about it many times. Did Steele suddenly decide not to heed his own advice?

The charges against him are bogus.

I tried to find that Nickel Rant yesterday but there are too many and I don't remember what it's called. A poster named New America used to regularly post links to it from the VNN front page.
Was it one of these? (from a simple google search)

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/war.htm

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/columns/hale.htm

Google Tip: If you want to search a specific website for phrases on google use the keyword "site:www.website.com" in your search. example: "site:conspiracypenpal.com entrapment" would be your search string

Old June 15th, 2010 #55
Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Was it one of these? (from a simple google search)

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/war.htm

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/columns/hale.htm

Google Tip: If you want to search a specific website for phrases on google use the keyword "site:www.website.com" in your search. example: "site:conspiracypenpal.com entrapment" would be your search string
No, I don't think it was either of those. I tried doing a web search on his site too but I was getting too many hits.

Old June 15th, 2010 #56
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default See original for hyperlinks; CNN article with sketch "removed" from Web (Surprise!)

The Railroading of Matt Hale
by Edgar J. Steele
March 4, 2005
I've held my tongue on the Matt Hale case until now because I have agreed with him to serve as defense counsel in his anticipated retrial.

You see, Hale was declared a domestic terrorist and has been held incommunicado under provisions of the draconian and woefully-misnamed Patriot Act. Those associated with the case have been required to sign "SAM" (Special Administrative Procedure") documents which require their public silence. The Feds mean business, too, as lawyers are sitting in federal prison cells right now, accused of violating SAM agreements in other cases. I haven't signed a SAM document in Hale's case yet because I have not taken on an official role. Of course, I haven't been given direct access to Hale, either. We have been forced to communicate in writing, by letter...when my letters haven't been denied to Hale and returned by the authorities, that is. Even so, an attorney-client relationship has existed between Hale and myself for some time now.

I bit my tongue throughout my defense of Richard Butler and the Aryan Nations several years ago, too, following conventional wisdom in the legal field. That was a mistake and the last, I vowed, that I would make in using media available in a high-profile case. While I sat and watched, Butler was tried and convicted in the media. Mind you, in retrospect, it is clear he was a goner before I ever took on the case, but it didn't help that I didn't sally forth on every TV and radio show I could find, to make his case and try to level the playing field.

Because of what I am about to tell you, the Feds can be expected to use this SAM business in an attempt to bar me from handling Hale's case if he manages to persuade an appellate court to give him the new trial he deserves. Nevertheless, someone in the legal field has to stand up for Matt Hale before things go any further. Nobody else will do so, it seems, so I take it upon myself even though it means that Hale likely will have to represent himself in any retrial. And I'm going to continue to speak out on Hale's case to all who will listen. He deserves a defense and he simply hasn't been getting it. In fact, Matt Hale has been on the business end of one of the most massive railroad jobs I have seen occur in modern American courts (and that is saying something!).

Obviously, what motivates me to change position today is the lynching Hale is receiving in the media as a result of the murder of Judge Lefkow's husband and mother.

First, I offer sincere condolences to Judge Lefkow. Nothing could possibly justify what has been done to her family and herself. Nothing. Illegal acts as heinous as murder are the final resort of those both brutish and misinformed. I cannot more clearly condemn what has taken place, regardless of who is responsible (and I think I know where to point the finger, as you will learn shortly).

Having said all that, let me next say that Matt Hale is innocent. He is innocent of having anything to do with the Lefkow murders. Furthermore, Hale is innocent of the charge of conspiracy to murder Judge Lefkow, for which he was convicted and now sits in jail, awaiting sentencing. Additionally, Hale is innocent of the original charge of trademark infringement which supposedly led Hale to take part in a plot to kill the judge. Please pay close attention, because I am going to prove all these things to you today, in this very essay, with but a smattering of simple logic and the application of a couple of well-founded principles of law.

At every turn, for years now, Matt Hale has been railroaded, ramrodded and gulled by the very system which now presumes to pass sentence and punish him for crimes he did not commit. Matt Hale is a political prisoner in every sense of the word. Keep an open mind for the next few minutes and see if you don't agree.
Let's take things chronologically:

1. Matt Hale headed up the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC), a branch of the "Creativity" religion. Creativity is a bona-fide, court-recognized, non-Christian religion, despite its highly-controversial and self-avowed White Supremacist nature (see Peterson vs. Wilmur Communications, 205 F.Supp.2d 1014, 2002 - go here for court's opinion). Founded in 1973 by Ben Klassen, Hale resurrected WCOTC in 1996 and ran it continuously under that name through 2002. Violence was a hallmark of Klassen's stewardship, whereas under Hale WCOTC members generally behaved themselves...with one notable exception (see 3, below).

2. Matt Hale was wrongfully denied the right he earned to be a lawyer. In June 1998, Hale graduated from the Southern Illinois University School of Law and soon thereafter passed the Illinois State Bar. He was denied admission to the Bar, and the license to practice law he had earned, though his record was spotless. The denial was on the basis of Hale's racial beliefs (part and parcel of his court-recognized religion, don't forget), though Blacks in prison for racially-motivated murders of Whites have earned law degrees and been welcomed with open arms to the practice of law upon their parole.

3. A WCOTC adherent went on a killing spree on July 2, 1999, the day that Hale announced he had been denied admission to the Illinois state bar by an administrative appeals board. Though the timing is more than suggestive, there never has been a hint that Hale suggested or countenanced the murderous rampage by Benjamin Smith directed at Blacks, Jews and Asians, which left two dead and nine wounded.

4. WCOTC's very name was stolen by the ADL, with the aid of the courts. In 2000, an Oregon corporation, Te-Ta-Ma, secretly founded and funded by the ADL through its Regional Director, Richard Hirschhaut, applied for and received a trademark on the phrase "Church of the Creator." Shortly thereafter, in May 2000, the ADL filed suit in Illinois Federal District Court through its straw man, Te-Ta-Ma, against Hale and WCOTC for trademark infringement. Judge Lefkow ruled against the ADL, which appealed her ruling and persuaded a three-judge panel to issue an order directing Judge Lefkow to reverse herself and grant judgment to Te-Ta-Ma. Lefkow followed orders, as she legally was bound to do, and subsequently threatened to hold Hale in contempt for failing to turn over every publication which bore the WCOTC name. Hale responded that he possessed none, as he had stepped aside as head of WCOTC to concentrate on the court appeal of his bar admission denial. As Hale prepared to defend himself on the contempt charge, he was arrested by the FBI and charged with conspiracy to commit the murder of Judge Lefkow...the very Federal judge who previously had ruled in his favor, not of any of the appellate justices who sided with the ADL against him.

5. Hale's entrapment was engineered by the FBI. An FBI plant, Anthony Evola, wormed his way into Hale's confidence and was named head of WCOTC's security force (Hale and his followers regularly received death threats and had been the targets of multiple assaults and property vandalizations through the years). Evola secretly recorded conversations with Hale that were, at worst, noncommittal concerning Evola's offer to "exterminate...the Jew rat" (a male Jew rat, as transcripts made clear). At one point, Hale was recorded as saying, "I'm going to fight within the law." Also, note that, while Judge Lefkow is married to a Jew, she herself is not Jewish, a fact known at the time to both Hale and the FBI.

6. Hale's trial was a sham. The FBI plant, Evola, testified that, during a conversation wherein he asked if Hale wanted him to "get the rat," Hale nodded affirmatively. Never was any evidence presented other than that single bit of testimony concerning Hale's alleged approval of the FBI scheme. A good deal of circumstantial and highly prejudicial evidence, especially concerning Benjamin Smith's rampage, was allowed, however. Directly upon the State resting its case, Hale's attorney, noted Chicago criminal defense lawyer and former Federal prosecutor Thomas Durkin, rose and rested Hale's defense without calling a single witness or introducing a single shred of evidence. Durkin reportedly made numerous remarks derogatory to his own client throughout the trial both during the State's case and during closing argument. I understand the ploy: by acting as he did, Durkin presumably hoped to make plain the weakness of the State's case. Problem is, Durkin didn't understand how juries respond to politically-incorrect defendants (though, prior to the trial, Durkin personally assured me that he well understood the situation in which he found Matt Hale, an assurance I passed on to Hale's family and that played a large part in their retaining Durkin; an assurance that retrospect now shows me to have been either a lie or merely incompetent).

I can just imagine the conversations in the jury room during deliberations:

"He never took the stand to defend himself, so he must be guilty."

"His lawyer kept putting him down and then didn't even present a defense, so he must be guilty."

"The Feds never lie, so he must be guilty."

"Nasty White Supremacist - he must be guilty."

Remember the composition of the jury: Black, Jewish and Asian, the very sort of people previously targeted by Benjamin Smith; the very sort of people that Hale repeatedly was shown to have denigrated down through the years.

Why was there no change of venue sought and granted
, in order to get the trial moved out of the highly-inflammatory Chicago area, where the jury composition was highly predictable?

Why did lawyer Durkin put his own client down in front of the jury and then decline to put on even a bare case?

Why wasn't Matt Hale called to the witness stand?
After all, Hale is a lawyer and could be expected to carefully couch his answers and be on the lookout for prosecutorial traps.

Why would Hale solicit the murder of the only judge who had ruled in his favor?

How, exactly, did Hale engineer the murder of Lefkow's family members, while his own family and lawyers, including myself, have been denied access to him?

Judge Lefkow ruled correctly in Hale's favor in the first instance - it was the appellate panel that was wrong. I studied intellectual property law extensively at UCLA under the man who quite literally wrote "the book": Professor Mel Nimmer. If Mel Nimmer were alive today, he would tell you about the established practice in this sort of case of disallowing such a trademark in geographic areas in which prior usage of it by another could be established, just as had been done by Hale and WCOTC.

Elementary law supports Hale in his quest for a law license and to protect the name WCOTC. Elementary logic disputes any inference that he wanted Judge Lefkow dead. If he wanted a judge dead for the trademark ruling, he had three candidates that apparently he never considered. Why, then, would he consider Judge Lefkow?

That brings us to the Lefkow murders this past week. Judge Lefkow's husband and mother were executed in the basement of their home with a .22-caliber weapon. The weapon's caliber is of significance because the .22 is a favored weapon of the highly-skilled assassin. When used with subsonic ammunition, a .22-caliber weapon makes only a slight "pop" in the background, usually not noticeable, even, to people standing nearby. It requires extreme accuracy to be effective, which, in turn, requires extreme closeness to the victim. Having personally had to shoot pigs with a .22 rifle, preparatory to butchering them on my Idaho ranch, I can attest to how precisely even a brain shot must be made. In short, it requires a trained, seasoned assassin to kill others with a .22-caliber weapon.

Furthermore, two men with "military-style" haircuts were shooed away from an area adjacent to the judge's house earlier in the day by someone who noted that they were parked illegally in a red zone. Go here for CNN's article today, which includes a sketch of one of the men.

Recall all the hoopla about Mossad hit squads roaming the world, including America, committing murders of those considered to be enemies of Israel? Recall how they have been fingered in more than one "false-flag" operation lately? Recall all the Israeli "art students" and "moving company employees" in the past two or three years, deported from America before they could be prosecuted for crimes they had committed?

Cui bono
(who benefits)? In reality, who benefits from the execution of the Lefkow family members? Who are the alleged mortal enemies of Matt Hale, the man now being lynched by the media?

Cui bono? Look at the CNN sketch. Does that man look Semitic to you? He does to me.

New America. An idea whose time has come.

-ed

Copyright ©2005, Edgar J. Steele
Forward as you wish. Permission is granted to circulate
among private individuals and groups, post on all Internet
sites and publish in full in all not-for-profit publications.
Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

On-Line link to this article in HTML format: http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/columns/hale.htm

Old June 15th, 2010 #57
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Bill targets spouses who hire hit men...

Calif. bill would target spouses who hire hit men

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...kuvmQD9GB2TIG0

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The story behind the legislation reads like a movie pitch.

The wife of a Southern California police detective, distraught because she had lost custody of her children, tries to hire a hit man from the Vagos motorcycle gang to kill him.

Instead, gang members alert police, who disguise themselves as biker thugs and secretly tape a conversation with her, leading to the wife's arrest and ultimate conviction for solicitation of murder.

But later on, in divorce court, she is awarded half the couple's property, even though she tried to have her husband whacked. He then calls Sacramento, determined to change the divorce law.

A bill scheduled to be heard Tuesday in a state legislative committee seeks to close what its author says is a loophole in the state's no-fault divorce code. In part, the legislation will specify that spouses who solicit the murder of their husband or wife are not entitled to collect financial rewards in divorce proceedings.

The bill was prompted by John Pomroy, a police detective in Pomona, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. His wife collected about $70,000 from their estate after she was released from prison in 2004.

"If you commit arson on your house, you don't get the insurance money. You go to prison and all sorts of things happen to you," Pomroy said in an interview. "But if you try to kill someone that is your spouse, the current law allows you to collect something."

State law says that if spouses are convicted of murdering or attempting to murder their husband or wife, they are not entitled to reap any financial benefits during divorce proceedings. But if they hire someone else to do the dirty deed for them, their victims' assets are not protected.

The bill would amend the law to include husbands or wives who solicit the murder of their spouse.

"It's just a glaring case where California law as it is now can reward someone who plans vicious murder," said Assemblyman Marty Block, D-San Diego, who introduced the bill, AB2674. "In a way, the current law rewards the spouse for committing this kind of crime against the person they're married to or in the process of divorcing."

Divorce laws vary from state to state. In California, a couple's shared assets are generally split evenly during a divorce.

That's the case in most states, said Krystal Callaway Jaime, supervising attorney for the Family Protection Clinic at the University of California, Davis.

"This bill is very, very necessary," Jaime said. "It seems obscure, but this does happen more frequently than people realize."

After being married for a decade, Pomroy said his marriage dissolved when his wife became addicted to pain killers after injuring her foot in a dirt bike accident. She later turned to alcohol, and finally illegal drugs, he said.

He said they separated when she became physically abusive. He lived in the basement of the police department for a month after moving out of the couple's house and later gained custody of their children.

When his wife faced losing the children and her husband's monetary support, she solicited members of the Vagos motorcycle gang living down the street. She said she wanted them to kill her husband while he was on duty, Pomroy said.

"I think she felt like she had to hurry up and get rid of me, because she was going to lose our sons," Pomroy said.

The Victorville District Attorney's Office said Pomroy's ex-wife pleaded guilty to soliciting others to murder her husband in early 2003.

An official at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla on Friday said Pomroy's ex-wife entered the prison in February 2003 and served time until she was paroled in March 2004. She was returned to prison twice since then and is currently on parole, said the official, who was not authorized to speak publicly but relayed the details of the woman's corrections department record.

Attempts to contact her were not successful.

Michael O'Brien, a Covina-based attorney who represented Pomroy's wife during the trial for solicitation of murder, agreed with the details of Pomroy's story.

But O'Brien said he doesn't believe Pomroy's wife was going to follow through with the murderous plot. He said she was broke, desperate and strung out after years of drug abuse, and couldn't afford to pay someone to kill Pomroy.

"She tried to steal a basket full of groceries for her family and got caught," he said. "She was at the end of her rope when these events took place."

During their separation, their house went into foreclosure and his wife said the cars were stolen, Pomroy said. His bank account, to which she had access, was drained. The only money he had left was in his pension account, and she was awarded half its value.

O'Brien said it was fair that Pomroy's wife got the money because she had supported him during the early years of their marriage by raising the children while he became a police officer.

But Pomroy, who still fears his ex-wife, disagreed.

"This Assembly bill is not going to award me anything retroactively; I'm not looking for that," he said. "I'm just trying to prevent some poor sap in the future who goes through this, to prevent him from losing his assets to somebody that's trying to kill him."

Old June 15th, 2010 #58
ernst blofeld

I don't know if anyone here has actually met Mr. Steele and even if they did there's no way to tell what demons may haunt a man.
The fact that he was an articulate activist for out cause doesn't spare him from the human frailties that Yankee Jim succumbed to.
I do hope he is innocent and quickly exonerated but anything's possible.

Old June 15th, 2010 #59
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernst blofeld View Post
I don't know if anyone here has actually met Mr. Steele and even if they did there's no way to tell what demons may haunt a man.
Those demons are the .

But your point is well taken.

Old June 15th, 2010 #60
Joe Snuffy

Local news piece from Spokane.

http://www.kxly.com/news/23895804/detail.html

Tags
edgar steele

Thread