Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 9th, 2013 #1
Marcus
Banned

Default What E-Mail Provider Do You Use?

I started using Gmail a while back and I've simply never been comfortable with it. Any e-mail provider that insists that one use their real name and real picture doesn't seem to have its users' best interests in mind.

Any suggestions for a small, secure, private host that isn't owned by Jews? Thanks.

Old July 12th, 2013 #2
Marcus
Banned

I thought this site was populated by concerned and aware Whites interested in breaking free of Jewish power structures. I do reckon I thought wrong though.

You all suck.

Old July 13th, 2013 #3
ThomasVolker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I started using Gmail a while back and I've simply never been comfortable with it. Any e-mail provider that insists that one use their real name and real picture doesn't seem to have its users' best interests in mind.

Any suggestions for a small, secure, private host that isn't owned by Jews? Thanks.
mail.com is good (as per my experience). Unlike gmail, its not mandatory to share your phone number or personal details to create an account!

Old July 17th, 2013 #4
Solskeniskyn

Though you're not really deserving of a response after throwing that hissy-fit, maybe lurkers might appreciate an answer, and countermail and hushmail are two alternatives that I know of to consider if you're really keen of protecting your privacy. The latter will cost you a yearly fee, with further more advanced additional options available, but I tend to think that you'll not escape paying for it if you really want something trustworthy, and the cost is probably marginal anyway to most who really find safety important.

Still, I really don't know anything about the topic, and I can't really give any recommendations, so maybe varg or others who actually might know something about it could weigh in. Disregarding the OPs child-like reaction to not getting any answers directly, the topic is not at all irrelevant.

I personally, quite idiotically, still use gmail out of sheer lazyness and complacency, but since I am not communicating anything per mail that could possibly be incriminating on a legal nor personal level, it's not such a big deal. Still, I too really should look into finding a better provider...

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; July 17th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Old July 17th, 2013 #5
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Old July 17th, 2013 #6
Solskeniskyn

This looks like a pretty solid option:

Quote:

CounterMail USB Key
There are several reasons to purchase an USB-key option:
Use it as a keyfile
A keyfile is a file whose content is combined with your password to increase the strength of your password. Until the correct keyfile is provided, it will be impossible to log in to your account. The keyfile will provide better protection against keystroke loggers, they will not be able to access your account without your keyfile. It will also improve protection against brute force attacks (brute force is when someone tries to guess your password). Your password will always be needed even if you have an USB-key, the combination of your password and your USB-key will take your account to the highest security level. Tthe keyfile consists of 512 random bits.

Use it as safe application environment*
When you do a normal login, you start your web browser and go to "countermail.com" and then enter your login name and password. But if some bad guys managed to do something with your computer there is a small chance that they could give you a fake web site and then try to read your password. But if you have a USB-key, you can login by double clicking on the login-application that is present on the USB key, this means that the CounterMailEngine will be loaded locally from the USB key, and not from the computer/Internet.
https://countermail.com/?p=keyfile

Old July 17th, 2013 #7
varg

All email is insecure. It travels over plaintext from you to the destination, which could easily be intercepted by the NSA. The only protection would be to use PGP, or some encryption on your message that is only decrypt-able to you and the recipient.

Hushmail will give your emails to the feds if they're requested to http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/200...crypted-e-mai/

Just don't use email for something you wouldn't want your government knowing about.. actually with the NSA leak it's probably best to assume everything you do online is known by government.

Last edited by varg; July 17th, 2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: .

Old July 18th, 2013 #8
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
All email is insecure. It travels over plaintext from you to the destination, which could easily be intercepted by the NSA. The only protection would be to use PGP, or some encryption on your message that is only decrypt-able to you and the recipient.

Hushmail will give your emails to the feds if they're requested to http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/200...crypted-e-mai/

Just don't use email for something you wouldn't want your government knowing about.. actually with the NSA leak it's probably best to assume everything you do online is known by government.
Yes, that is probably the most realistic and sound starting point.

There's one benefit to using only gmail, yahoo, hotmail and other mainsteam large providers instead of supposed secure sites, and that is that you at least know that your information and correspondence is not safe from possible snooping eyes, and that you therefore adjust your communication accordingly.

Falsely assuming that your communication is safe from scrutiny, having paid money for an account on a supposed secure site, while it really is not, must be the worst option of all.

Old July 18th, 2013 #9
Boston D

Default ~88~

Your email is only as secure as the server that it travels through. Anybody who tells you their email is 100% secure is bulls**ting you.

Why would you need encryption anyway? Chances are- if youre asking strangers on an internet forum for security tips, you dont lead a lifestyle where its needed anyway.

As for me- I use Secureserver.net email. I can send large files and it has a newsletter function. Thats all I need.

Old July 24th, 2013 #10
Jean West

I tend to agree that there's no e-mail privacy, or any other kind, for that matter. I've used Eudora since a couple years after it was invented by UI undergraduate Steve Dorner in 1988. There's an interesting NYT story about him entitled Great Fame, No Fortune. In 2006 Eudora went to open source under the name Penelope, but I never switched over, so I'm using the last published version of Eudora, 7.1, which can still be downloaded. There is no longer any official support, but at least one loyalist support community that I know of survives.

P.S. for no particular reason, take a scroll down the UI Press page to see what's on tap . . .

Thread