Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 9th, 2018 #21
White Dragon

REBELS WITHOUT CAUSE Scottish band The Rebellions axed from music festival just hours after hailing ex-EDL leader Tommy Robinson a ‘working class hero’ in new song.

The rockers penned a controversial new tune about the far right activist and organisers pulled the plug on their appearance.

AN AYRSHIRE band have been axed from the line-up at a popular music festival just hours after releasing a song about former English Defence leader Tommy Robinson.

Rockers The Rebellions penned a controversial new tune about the far right activist and hailed him as a “working class hero”.

But organisers of Live@Troon fest in Ayrshire were unimpressed by the message of support for Robinson who was freed from jail on Wednesday after his contempt of court conviction was quashed.

The Rebellions released the track called “Tommy Don’t Stop” on their Facebook page on Thursday.

The post said: “Tommy Robinson. For many including myself he is a working class hero!

“For many he is not liked at all. This was one of them songs that just flew out within ten minutes and for any musician when that happens the feeling is great!

“As a musician free speech MUST be protected!

“If it’s limited then we are limited! Not all will agree with us doing this song but we need to stay true to ourselves!!”

But the band were dropped from the festival bill today after organisers hit out at “the nature of their latest release”.

Festival chairman Colin Sinclair McDermott said: “It is with deep regret that we have made the decision to drop one of the bands due to play our Live@Troon Main Stage this year.

“The Rebellions are a very talented young local band who have played the festival before and we were delighted to give them the opportunity to open up our main stage on the Saturday night.

“Sadly, due to the nature of one of their latest release we no longer feel it would be appropriate for them to play the festival.

“Live@Troon fully support freedom of speech however we feel the lyrics and meaning behind this song would be detrimental both to our charity, our sponsors and more importantly to you, our supporters.

“I’d like to wish the lads all the very best with their future endeavours. We’ll be announcing their replacement later on today.”

The song’s lyrics include the lines “Tommy is the bravest man you’ll ever see around” and “he takes a lot of shit to tell you how it is”.

A message at the end of the video said: “We would like to state we are not a political band.

Quote:
TOMMY DON'T STOP FULL LYRICS

Tommy is the bravest man you’ll ever see around
He gets it done, he gets it done
He’s a never ending punching bag
He takes a lot of shit to tell you how it is!
He tells you straight
He’s patriotic
He’s just got it
Never will be stopped!
He travels round the country going in and out the towns
To expose!
Expose the scum!
He posts it up for us to see
If it wasn’t for you man we’d pretty much be fucked
We wouldn’t know half the stuff
He’s patriotic!
He’s just got it
Never will be stopped unless it’s with a fucking shotgun!
He’s patriotic! He’s just got it!
Never will be stopped!
Feel his passion!
He’s in fashion!
Never will be stopped!
Tommy! (X4)
Tommy don’t you ever stop!
“Some things just need fucking saying.

“Peace and love to those that show it back!”

Fans were also left split over the tune.

Ronan Breslin blasted: “By supporting Tommy Robinson you are also supporting the EDL – a very unpleasant far-right organisation indeed.

“Far-right groups are generally not know for defending free speech unless its their own. Just saying.”

Paul McCann said: “And thus your music career is over.. Picked the wrong side genius.”

But Gary Quilietti wrote: “Fair play boys but your gonna get a lot of shit due to this song!”

Last night, a band member – who asked not to be named – told the Scottish Sun the decision to bin them from the main stage was “absolutely shocking”.

The 25-year-old said: “Music is about freedom of expression not matter what the subject is.

“You are free to sing about whatever you want to sing about. If people don’t like it they don’t have to listen.

“All I did is express how I felt about Tommy in a song.

“We didn’t mean it to be political. Nobody will have us playing now and it is absolutely terrible for a song.

“ I didn’t expect the backlash. I wasn’t too surprised by it because I know how much he is hated.

“But he is hated by people who don’t focus on the main problem.”

He added: “They can’t shut us down for one song. I will not rest on this at all. I will keep on pushing.”

Robinson, 35, was jailed after he filmed outside a criminal trial and shared the footage on social media.

But he was freed on Wednesday after the contempt of court finding was quashed.

In a Facebook video after being released, the former EDL leader said his jail sentence was an attempt to “mentally destroy” him.

Robinson claimed he was subject to “solitary confinement” and treatment that amounted to “mental torture”.

He said: “That was not a prison sentence. That was mental torture.

“Everything was organised to cause me maximum disruption.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...he-rebellions/

Old August 24th, 2018 #23
Dan T N Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Sharpe View Post
Interesting article detailing the dubious finances and business practices of "Tommy Robinson"!
(Yes the source, DF, is a libtard rag, but in this case they`ve zeroed in on controlled opposition for once --- unless of course you see nothing wrong in receiving money from Robert Shillman and other kind philanthropists of the lisping heritage.)

Old September 9th, 2018 #24
Northern nazi
you have to be cruel

Lennon is a zionist and should be dealt with as such.
Social media is full of support for this turd from many 'nationalists' who are to thick to understand what zionism means.

Tags
britan, nationalism, speech, tommy robinson

Thread