VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 14th, 2014 #1
Hellenic Pagan

Default Comic Books and Graphic Novels

FREE COURSES AT COURSERA

Comic Books and Graphic Novels

Comic books have arrived! "Comic Books and Graphic Novels" presents a survey of the Anglo-American comic book canon and of the major graphic novels in circulation in the United States today. Its governing question is simple: by what terms can we discuss comic books as literary art? In pursuit of that question it develops a theory of literary reading and time itself. Visit us at www.facebook.com/UCBComics

WATCH INTRO VIDEO

https://www.coursera.org/

Old September 15th, 2014 #2
Cale Sparks
anti-American

Default " ...memo to my boss... "

I'm not interested in cutting out the history of my ancestors, of Greek and Latin literature for example, to "cut to the chase". And my own interest in creating a comic doesn't involve having a boss to whom I would need to send memos.

And if Art Spiegelman’s "Maus" tops the list of suggested readings, I know that the expendable history of my people is to be replaced by the Jewish narrative of holahoax lies.

Old September 15th, 2014 #3
Hellenic Pagan

Quote:
I'm not interested in cutting out the history of my ancestors, of Greek and Latin literature for example, to "cut to the chase". And my own interest in creating a comic doesn't involve having a boss to whom I would need to send memos.
Why not create your own comic? Be your own boss!

Quote:
And if Art Spiegelman’s "Maus" tops the list of suggested readings, I know that the expendable history of my people is to be replaced by the Jewish narrative of holahoax lies.
Or you, me and other VNN members could collectively take the course and through this thread we all develop our own graphic novel as a group.

Just a thought

America's Greatest Nationalist?

Last edited by Hellenic Pagan; September 15th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.

Thread