VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 26th, 2010 #1041
Latebloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
Who is the payee for the check or money order?
Pay to the order "Kelsey Steele" is best. This provides accountability. If the person donating includes a return address or email, Kelsey has mentioned sending thank-you's. Please cut her some slack as she is very busy on many fronts.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1042
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Donation sent to the PayPal account!

I would post another link to it here if I knew how, copy and paste doesn't seem to work for that. Pisses me off that an old red neck like Rounder can figure it out but I can't.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1043
Latebloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Last Saturday I attempted this post and it was not approved. I thought that the reason was that it would require a specific answer from Kelsey that was not available. My colleague in Phoenix also reported that her supportive post was not approved.

Moments ago I attempted to post the above again. It now gives me the URL
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=13#comment-87 . This indicates to me that 6 posts out of 87 were approved. There is a Negro in this woodpile.
Mr. Pauly: Over the last few hours I've cleaned out pending comments, spam, and trash on FES. I'm not sure where your 6 / 87 numbers are coming from, but it's really irrelevant.

More important is your comment on giving "[email protected]" as your email address when posting to FES, as well as listing "www.jpost.com" as a web site URL. I'm keen to hear your explanation.

Please note the response I, admin of FES, tried to send you.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...postcount=1014

Old July 26th, 2010 #1044
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Not trying to piss in your Wheaties, Fredo ol' boy.
That was directed more at a certain other poster that seemed to be trying to ramp up the paranoia.
I know. So was mine.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1045
Latebloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Why do you have so many sockpuppets K_Steele? Why are using the same computer as other people commenting in here?
Ms. Steele has no sockpuppets. I was asked by Kelsey to log in to this forum, this thread, to edit content in her various posts. Her faith and confidence in my integrity came in the form of her revealing her login and password.

Elsewhere I've stated I volunteer to help out the Steele family as I can. If I'm asked to do this or that - given my commitment and admiration for her Dad - I do it and come away feeling decent about it.

I know of no other of the FES web site "admins" who frequent VNN. Certainly, no others have the K_Steele password.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1046
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latebloomer View Post
What I do is a scam?

To close, I notice Kelsey Steele has a VNN member ID, "K_Steele". I emailed her for confirmation of this, she says it's her.

Can we get on with the Free Edgar Steele focus??

LB / Bob Magnuson
Why did you post this when you had logged in to the K_Steele account today?

Old July 26th, 2010 #1047
varg

Quote:
Ms. Steele has no sockpuppets. I was asked by Kelsey to log in to this forum, this thread, to edit content in her various posts. Her faith and confidence in my integrity came in the form of her revealing her login and password.

Elsewhere I've stated I volunteer to help out the Steele family as I can. If I'm asked to do this or that - given my commitment and admiration for her Dad - I do it and come away feeling decent about it.

I know of no other of the FES web site "admins" who frequent VNN. Certainly, no others have the K_Steele password.
Ah ok. That answers my question. Sorry for the confusion

Old July 26th, 2010 #1048
Alex Linder
Administrator

Ok, I think we have it figured out here. Those closer to Steele, Latebloomer, have to understand that we have good reason to be suspicious, and we have know way of knowing the things you posted until you posted them.

Perhaps Latebloomer can answer this question.

Are you saying, Latebloomer, that the best way, now, to help Ed Steele, is to donate to his defense, and to refrain from discussing this case?

If you are, then my next question is, why, if Steele is being set up and framed, shouldn't we be shouting this from the rooftops?

Old July 26th, 2010 #1049
Latebloomer

Default Request

Your neighbor is running a yard sale, but has to run to the bank. S/he asks you to watch the money box, help buyers and watch your sale. You do so, because your neighbor is your 15-year friend. In your neighbor's absence, you take on various responsibilities and represent your neighbor.

From here on out, I'll be happy to try and answer questions, address concerns regarding all things about working to Free Edgar Steele. Why? Because I volunteered to do it. Am I getting paid? Nope. Do I have permission? Kelsey Steele has, in casual but direct ways, given me various permissions to post info about her Dad's situation, coordinate and promote FES (www.free-edgar-steele.com) and do other stuff. Can you rely on my accuracy, honesty? Ms. Steele does. Is this good for the Steele family? Well, it offloads a fair amount of work, which I (and others) are glad to find time to give.

If somebody comes along to your neighbor's yard sale while you're in charge and says, "hey, I don't know you, you might be scamming money", what is your response?

I'm at [email protected]

Old July 26th, 2010 #1050
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile No Sense of Humor

Quote:
Mr. Pauly: Over the last few hours I've cleaned out pending comments, spam, and trash on FES. I'm not sure where your 6 / 87 numbers are coming from, but it's really irrelevant.

More important is your comment on giving "[email protected]" as your email address when posting to FES, as well as listing "www.jpost.com" as a web site URL. I'm keen to hear your explanation.

Please note the response I, admin of FES, tried to send you.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...postcount=1014
Latebloomer has NO sense of humor. He also is a babe in the woods when it comes to Zionism. At least he is paying more attention to the prospective posts than I thought. I have been posting on VNN for years with that email address and now I have been outed. Abbie Foxman will be pissed.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1051
Hayden
Banned

I'm not seeing anything that makes me feel confident in making a donation.

I don't have much extra and I am not giving it away unless I am 100%.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1052
Latebloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Ok, I think we have it figured out here. Those closer to Steele, Latebloomer, have to understand that we have good reason to be suspicious, and we have know way of knowing the things you posted until you posted them.

Perhaps Latebloomer can answer this question.

Are you saying, Latebloomer, that the best way, now, to help Ed Steele, is to donate to his defense, and to refrain from discussing this case?

If you are, then my next question is, why, if Steele is being set up and framed, shouldn't we be shouting this from the rooftops?
(Pardon my being long-winded.)

Suspicions and hesitancy are natural. That's why I elected to come out of "internet alias" mode to try to put all (most) questions to rest. Hey, if I can't answer it, I'll pass it on to the Steele family ASAP, ESPECIALLY if it obviously looks like strong/good strategic or supportive info.

Any / all monies to Mr. Steele are welcome. Who's to say the miracle of X-thousand folks donating Y-dollars (that can pay for expert forensics and something above "Public Defender") can't happen. All funds that come in, go to the family. Knowing humans and "the movement", ...my faith is tested big time.

Discussing the case is one thing. Conjecture, speculation, "well, here's my take" really doesn't help. Twice in my 15 minutes visiting Mr. Steele, he said, "I can't/won't discuss the case". Another comment he made was along the lines of "I know they're watching me/recording my [visit] conversations" (paraphrase).

Please allow me to connect the two comments as related. I'd like to believe he was saying to me something along "if I share all my thoughts on the case here, they will benefit from having recorded my intentions".

I've said publicly, elsewhere that one intention behind FES was to try and grab on to (and hold secret) ANY positive, verifiable supportive strategic info that benefits Mr. Steele's battle. Further intention was to pipeline that inside info to his attorney and his family. Are we so naive to think if I spilled any beans on a message forum, that Mr. Steele's attackers would not find and exploit it? Yesterday??

"Shouting this from the rooftops........" <sigh> The folks behind FES, taken collectively, have MASSIVE email connections. Statements and suggestions to visit the FES web site have gone out via those channels. The response makes us feel like an ant shouting in a gymnasium.

I personally have contacted via email some of the highest traffic "movement" and "movement-related" sites. Listing them is irrevelent. I sent out requests to said sites Friday. As I entered this message, the _FIRST_ response arrived indicating a "movement" site was helping us by linking to FES. 1 out of 13 is better than 0/13. My glass is half full.

Hey, maybe lots of people are on vacation. Maybe "movement" sites have to discuss this among themselves. I'm not going to speculate. I just say what I've done, and what's happened so far. In my dreams, each of the 13 BIG "movement" sites would have immediately said, "whoa, we'll post your URL, we'll do a blog entry, we'll cut you a banner". There have been some online audio interviews so far, but it happened over a week ago.

I personally have a huge appreciation of how - via the internet and technology - people can collaborate, send data, disburse info. What would be of immense help to the guy sitting in the jail cell would be, ultimately, finding a decent, able attorney (no jokes) and some forensics support that will consider Mr. Steele's overall and financial situation, yet still come forward.

On a whim, on FES, I wrote that challenge where somebody who might have sophisticated digital audio equipment/software/experience try to recombine certain text into something drastically different in meaning. One person so far has dabbled on this. If/when something comes that we can turn over to the family/attorney that is powerful and amazingly pro-not-guilty, it would provide an incredible boost.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1053
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Purpose of Scam Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
This would have to be a pretty elaborate scam to get a few hundred bucks. Especially considering that most people have never even heard of this case to try it.

Y'all are not a very trusting bunch. It is her facebook page. It is her.
Ignoring the Facebook page which finally surfaced, there was a good possibility of a scam website here. Scam websites function to suck the money out of a movement and sow distrust. They exist to disrupt the project even though they are only able get small amounts of money.

While this was quite a mess, it cleared the air. BTW, I could have a fine fake Facebook page up for Kelsey in an hours time. I know her friends and could post their pictures. I missed the link to her page from her mother's page or none of this would have happened. Kelsey's pages on MySpace had been dead for years.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1054
Latebloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I'm not seeing anything that makes me feel confident in making a donation. I don't have much extra and I am not giving it away unless I am 100%.
I respect that. We're not running a shouting, evangelistic "our grandmother will die if you don't send cash" campaign.

I've been out of work (or had very erratic income) for over 1.25 years. I happen to teach some bass guitar once in a while. As I waited for my visit with Mr. Steele, I noticed the 'Cashier' window where one could make donations. I watched as a few people did so. I went to the window and said, "can I put $10 on Edgar Steele's commissary account? They said sure, then another clerk came to take my money. I had a $20. They said, "oh, see the posted guideline, we don't make change". In a few seconds, I figured I could scratch up $20 some other time to replace what would go to a great cause. So he got $20. If I had more, I'd have given more. If I had less at the moment, I would have had to pass.

All one can do is what is sensible and within one's means.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1055
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Lack of VNN Link

Another red flag for me was presense of a SF link and the lack of a VNN link on FES website. That in conjunction with the failure to approve my post and that of my Phoenix colleague set me on a jihad.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1056
Latebloomer

Quote:
Ignoring the Facebook page which finally surfaced, there was a good possibility of a scam website here. Scam websites function to suck the money out of a movement and sow distrust. They exist to disrupt the project even though they are only able get small amounts of money.

While this was quite a mess, it cleared the air. BTW, I could have a fine fake Facebook page up for Kelsey in an hours time. I know her friends and could post their pictures. I missed the link to her page from her mother's page or none of this would have happened. Kelsey's pages on MySpace had been dead for years.
Mr. Pauly: I note you have a keen interest in maintaining FES, the briefly visiting Kelsey Steele and myself are scammers. This is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Detract, redirect, posit, analyze and stomp your feet as long as you wish. Even this post fuels your suppositions.

There are other _realities_ that exist among a handful of people who are on the edge of willingness to bleed red for Edgar Steele. Had you the controlled media at your beck and call to widen your vilification circus, FES, the Steele family, and supporters will simply continue what we are doing. I've posted sufficient valid, honest info, which does not give you rest or satisfaction.

I can't do much more.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1057
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Another red flag for me was presense of a SF link and the lack of a VNN link on FES website. That in conjunction with the failure to approve my post and that of my Phoenix colleague set me on a jihad.
Donald P. I think you would be on a jihad if you ran out of toilet paper.

But now you're getting on with the paperwork.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1058
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Mr. Pauly: I note you have a keen interest in maintaining FES, the briefly visiting Kelsey Steele and myself are scammers. This is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Detract, redirect, posit, analyze and stomp your feet as long as you wish. Even this post fuels your suppositions.

There are other _realities_ that exist among a handful of people who are on the edge of willingness to bleed red for Edgar Steele. Had you the controlled media at your beck and call to widen your vilification circus, FES, the Steele family, and supporters will simply continue what we are doing. I've posted sufficient valid, honest info, which does not give you rest or satisfaction.

I can't do much more.
Latebloomer, I think Pauly has the matter in hand now,

Old July 26th, 2010 #1059
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Give the man a VNN link, so he will go lay down and hush. Throw him a fudge pop also and a dip of sloal.

Old July 26th, 2010 #1060
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Give the man a VNN link, so he will go lay down and hush. Throw him a fudge pop also and a dip of sloal.
Pauly, I bet your dog wears earmuffs as well as your Wife.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread