VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 11th, 2016 #1
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Default Dealing with Jewish Trolls

Dealing with Jewish Trolls

As my readers can probably imagine: I get quite a lot of hate mail and death threats. Included within this avalanche of personal attacks are assorted challenges to debate and very occasionally links to people allegedly 'debunking' some article or other I have written.

Now I learned a long time ago that there is simply no point in responding to this rubbish unless I judge that there is something in it for me to do so. I have read enough of these 'debunking' articles to know that they regularly demonstrate a very meager knowledge the subject matter and the accompanying literature. They are also more often than not the work of diseased individuals whose deranged and ranting obsession with my person would be amusing if it wasn't quite so pitiable.

As I have this plenty of experience of this kind. I thought I'd offer some simple rules of thumb to others starting on the road to anti-jewish or nationalist blogging.

1) Never engage in a debate or controversy with anyone with significantly less influence than yourself.
2) Always seek to debate or have a controversy with someone with significantly more influence than yourself.
3) Ignore most of the hate mail and death threats.
4) Publish said hate mail and death threats occasionally for the amusement of your audience.

In essence: always make sure you benefit by addressing them, because otherwise only they benefit by you validating their criticisms by responding to them. Otherwise your time has not been well spent and you have only assisted your opponent's cause and not your own.

Remember: you need to have a low time preference to be an effective blogger.

I would also suggest that you keep the following in mind if you do debate opponents:

1) Keep what you say en pointe and funny. This means not writing long-winded self-important screeds, but rather making your points in as few words as possible (without seeming overly dismissive) and in such a way that exposes your opponent(s) to ridicule, while making their argument look stupid and contrived.

2) Think about your audience. You are not trying to change the point of view of the individual that you are debating, but rather trying to impress upon your audience (i.e. the readers) that your views are both valid and worth their time to explore further. Therefore remember where you are and to whom you are really trying to communicate. So ratchet up the intellectualism on say a skeptic board (for example point out the use of logical fallacies by your opponent), but on your average community board keep it short and to the point with plenty of links for those who want to learn more.

3) Be vicious. People love watching others getting an intellectual hammering in an easy-to-follow debate and the more you lay into your opponent, while keeping it on point (for example use passive aggressive language to sneer at their Colonel Blimp-esque belief in their own profundity, while intellectually eviscerating them) and as such there is a greater desire among your prospective audience to know more about your views and points.

All this can all be boiled down to four points:

1) Keep it on your terms
2) Keep it accurate
3) Keep it snappy
4) Keep it funny

It really is as simple as that.

--------------------------------------------------

This was originally published at the following address: http://www.semiticcontroversies.blog...sh-trolls.html

Thread