VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 31st, 2008 #1
Sean Martin

Thumbs up People of Detroit: grab those foam rubber #1 fingers. You did it! Most Miserable City

"The Motor City grabs the top spot on Forbes' inaugural list of America's Most Miserable Cities."
And nearby Flint finished third!

Some miserable places like Rochester, New York and Gary, Indiana were eliminated by the screening criteria: "We looked at only the 150 largest metropolitan areas, which meant a minimum population of 371,000. We ranked the cities on the six criteria above and added their ranks together to establish what we call the Misery Measure."

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/...miserable.html

America's Most Miserable Cities

Imagine living in a city with the country's highest rate for violent crime and the second-highest unemployment rate. As an added kicker you need more Superfund dollars allocated to your city to clean up contaminated toxic waste sites than just about any other metro.

Unfortunately, this nightmare is a reality for the residents of Detroit. The Motor City grabs the top spot on Forbes' inaugural list of America's Most Miserable Cities.

Misery is defined as a state of great unhappiness and emotional distress. The economic indicator most often used to measure misery is the Misery Index. The index, created by economist Arthur Okun, adds the unemployment rate to the inflation rate. It has been in the narrow 7-to-9 range for most of the past decade, but was over 20 during the late 1970s.

There also exists a Misery Score, which is the sum of corporate, personal, employer and sales taxes in different countries. France took the top spot (or perhaps bottom is more appropriate) with a score of 166.8, thanks to a top rate of 51% on personal incomes and 45% for employer Social Security.

But aren't there other things that cause Americans misery? Of course. So we decided to expand on the Misery Index and the Misery Score to create our very own Forbes Misery Measure. We're sticking with unemployment and personal tax rates, but we are adding four more factors that can make people miserable: commute times, weather, crime and that toxic waste dump in your backyard.

We looked at only the 150 largest metropolitan areas, which meant a minimum population of 371,000. We ranked the cities on the six criteria above and added their ranks together to establish what we call the Misery Measure. The data used in the rankings came from Portland, Ore., researcher Bert Sperling, who last year published the second edition of Cities Ranked & Rated along with Peter Sander. Economic research firm Economy.com, which is owned by Moody's, also supplied some data.

Detroit in the top spot, with its sister city Flint ranked third, is probably not a great shock. "If Detroit were a baseball team, we'd say they are mired in a slump," says Sperling. Both Detroit and Flint have suffered tremendously from the auto industry downturn. Flint's plight was immortalized in the Michael Moore movie Roger & Me, which chronicles Moore's attempts to meet with then General Motors (nyse: GM - news - people ) Chief Executive Roger Smith.

Crime and unemployment are closely linked, according to Sperling. Our three most miserable places bear that out (Stockton, Calif., ranks second). All three are among the eight worst cities in terms of both unemployment and violent crime.

The United States' two biggest cities both induce a ton of misery. New York was the fourth most miserable city by our count, while Los Angeles clocked in at sixth. The Big Apple has the longest commute times (36.2 minutes) and the highest tax rates (10.5%) in the country. As the financial capital of the world and home to write-down kings Merrill Lynch (nyse: MER - news - people ) and Citigroup (nyse: C - news - people ), New York appears poised for more misery in 2008.

The people of La-La Land have some of the best weather in the U.S. (it's ranked seventh) but scored poorly when it came to commute times, Superfund sites and taxes. And we did not even factor in air quality, where Los Angeles is the worst in the nation by far, according to Sperling.

The biggest surprise on our list is Charlotte, N.C., which is ranked ninth. Charlotte has undergone tremendous economic growth the past decade, while the population has soared 32%. But the current picture isn't as bright. Employment growth has not kept up with population growth, meaning unemployment rates are up more than 50% compared with 10 years ago. Charlotte scored in the bottom half of all six categories we examined. It scored the worst on violent crime, ranking 140th.

So take heart, Detroit, you are not alone. After all, misery loves company.

Last edited by Sean Martin; January 31st, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

Old January 31st, 2008 #2
cknott
Banned

Default Re: People of Detroit: grab those foam rubber #1 fingers. You did it! Most Miserable

You can drive around Detroit and tell it was once a very prosperous city. A total trash dump today thanks to the negroid.

Old January 31st, 2008 #3
AlbionMP...

Default Re: People of Detroit: grab those foam rubber #1 fingers. You did it! Most Miserable

I think its a superb political testament to the jewish sponsored multi-culti system.

An excellent example of what happens when jews are put in charge.

Old January 31st, 2008 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

The study measures symptoms. Nothing about causes except the usual decline-of-GM.

Old January 31st, 2008 #5
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Default Get rich overnight. Open a Hyena pet store there

Old January 31st, 2008 #6
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
The study measures symptoms. Nothing about causes except the usual decline-of-GM.
I lived there when GM and Ford were at their peak. Darkies would make the same money as dad made ($16 an hour) and they would leave on payday to Chicago and come back broke. We lived in a nice well-kept suburb and dad had a bulldozer and a 2 acre garden along with various riding lawnmowers and such to keep the place up. All the darkies lived in shacks and ghettos. They made the same money but the quality of life was much different. Where I lived there were no black people and we never saw one on our side of town. There was 1 black girl in the school I attended and it was a beautiful place as well.

GM has nothing to do with it. Lack of white people is what caused this. There were places in Detroit that were run down and piled up just like they are now, they were always without exception in black neighborhoods.

Had Ford and GM employed more white people instead of having a 3-1 black to white ratio (what it was when we left) they would still be in business.

Old January 31st, 2008 #7
H.N.
Waiting for the 4th Reich

HA HA!!

Old February 1st, 2008 #8
John_Perkins

They mention the right city being #1, just not the right reason...

Detroit...100k Whites, 900k negroes.

This is a city that elected a 350 pound silverback pimp to be its mayor. I believe there also isn't one grocery store within the city limits, just mom and pop convenience store dumps sellin 2 week ol greens and ham hocks.

Detroit would be a sociologist's dream for a case study as long as they are being truthful about everything.

Old February 1st, 2008 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

In people of capacity, ambition, and self-control, poverty causes wealth.

As Sean attests, poverty doesn't cause niggers, niggers cause poverty.

Old February 1st, 2008 #10
Flame Baiter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin View Post
~
I'm right here in the middle of the auto industry, and I have to tell you, you are spot on.

The CEO's must really honestly believe in equality of the races, because they hire niggers all over the plants. Niggers are mostly OK to fasten lug nuts on an assembly line. But, here's what happens: They are not only predisposed to laziness, but they also never will come up with a brilliant idea that will improve the plant.

Sometimes there will be a White guy on the line, and he'll figure out a way to save $2,000,000 with just some small changes. (my friend's dad did this, and was rewarded with a free vehicle). Niggers doing this? No way.

When the Japanese move a plant into the South, they specifically choose areas that are far away from the union attitude, and sub-animal niggers.

It's also interesting to note that the auto industry isn't doing poorly in the U.S. It's only the AMERICAN auto industry. Mercedes has a successful plant in Alabama, and Toyota has plants all over the South. I took a friend into a plant, and he was shocked at the preponderance of "diversity" propaganda on the walls. Ford even had special paper coffee cups made up with "Diversity is Strength" written on them.

Niggers are the anchors that White people feel compelled to drag around.

Old February 1st, 2008 #11
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Baiter View Post
I'm right here in the middle of the auto industry, and I have to tell you, you are spot on.
When we lived there dad knew a black guy that was single and making the same amount of money dad made. He drove an old beater and lived in a 1 bedroom apartment. Dad had 2 new vehicles and lived in a nice 2 story home while supporting a wife and child. The last year we lived there (early 80’s) he saved $10,000. What was the difference, the black person who lived alone in a cheap apartment should have been able to save thousands of dollars but he was always broke and borrowing before payday.

Also blacks stole a lot of things from the auto plants. They would steal up to $100 a day worth of batteries and such. Imagine 5,000 of them stealing like that each day.

Quote:
Sometimes there will be a White guy on the line, and he'll figure out a way to save $2,000,000 with just some small changes. (my friend's dad did this, and was rewarded with a free vehicle).
Dad made mention of that, I think he knew him or someone like him. White guys were saving the company money while darkies were stealing from the company.

What did the company do to reward the poor fellow? Give him a car that he will pay taxes, insurance and gas on and the car will only be worth a couple thousand in 5 years. What scum.

Quote:
It's also interesting to note that the auto industry isn't doing poorly in the U.S. It's only the AMERICAN auto industry. Mercedes has a successful plant in Alabama, and Toyota has plants all over the South.
Toyota has a plant here in Kentucky and it is thriving. Whites from all over the state move there and work. They make a great living working there. I have seen a decade old Toyota go for the same price as a 5-year-old Ford or Chevy. At auto auctions Toyotas are the vehicles to sell.

Old February 1st, 2008 #12
H.N.
Waiting for the 4th Reich

Thumbs up Re: People of Detroit: grab those foam rubber #1 fingers. You did it! Most Miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Baiter View Post
When the Japanese move a plant into the South, they specifically choose areas that are far away from the union attitude, and sub-animal niggers.
Yep, you are very correct about that. Here in Mississippi Toyota is building a huge plant, and Mercades makes SUVs not to far from here in Alabama.

All of the plants down here hire majority white workers and pay them a very good salary.. The result is you get a higher quality, better worksmanship, and I don't think there has been one strike of workers in any of the auto plants down here.

That is exactly why Toyota is the #1 car maker in the world now, smarter business pratices (not hiring niggers).

Hell even the Japs know better than to hire alot of non-whites in their plants..

Old February 1st, 2008 #13
Kind Lampshade Maker

Quote:
"...Also blacks..."
Black what?
Quote:
"...stole a lot of things from the auto plants. They would steal up to $100 a day worth of batteries and such. Imagine 5,000 of them stealing like that each day...
If they did that big a turn over, they could build their own Nig Rigs at home, if only they knew how to build cars

Old February 1st, 2008 #14
notmenomore

No Detroit thread can be complete without this link:

http://www.white-history.com/hwrdet.htm

Take the tour and enjoy.

Old February 1st, 2008 #15
Mike Cooper...

yes, south of 8 mile road Detroit is very bad, but the suburbs aren't that bad, the metropolitan area has alot of autoexecutives, well paid auto industry workers, it's a pretty affluent area, it's just that from 8 mile down, it's about 90% black, from 8 mile road to about 14 mile road you got that mixture of blacks and whites, then from 16 mile road up it's about 90% white. The mixed areas are the worst, because it's all white chicks with mulatto kids, but Detroit isn't as integrated as alot of other cities, which is why it's so bad there. In a way, Detroit is actually better than cities like St. Louis or Indianapolis, where they're all mixed together and all the white chicks are going out with blacks. The blacks in detroit are alot more violent because they're not busy fucking white chicks 24 hours a day, because it's more segregated than other cities, thank God.

The detroit metro area is a pretty big area, there are alot of all white areas for miles and miles, the actual city of detroit is 7 mile road down, but all the areas around it are pretty well contained. Those areas are pretty nice places to live. The great lakes are sort of like the midwestern oceans, they are pretty cool.

Old February 1st, 2008 #16
Kind Lampshade Maker

I never thought of it that way. It's refreshing to hear positive views of Detroit to complement the negative

Old February 1st, 2008 #17
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed88 View Post
I don't think there has been one strike of workers in any of the auto plants down here.
I don’t know about where you live but here in Kentucky they not only don’t strike but people move 300 miles to work at Toyota and are grateful for the job. They are grateful that they are working in a nice safe plant making $14.00 an hour or better instead of working 7 miles under a hill in the mines for $8.00 an hour and breathing coal dust. I don’t know a single deep miner that has been able to take a retirement at 62. Most of them don’t even make it to 50 and the ones I do know that are 50 (they are retired) look about 70.

Darkies on the other hand have high paying jobs with benefits and they are still ungrateful and strike to get more money for their substandard work.

Old February 1st, 2008 #18
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
I don’t know about where you live but here in Kentucky they not only don’t strike but people move 300 miles to work at Toyota and are grateful for the job. They are grateful that they are working in a nice safe plant making $14.00 an hour or better instead of working 7 miles under a hill in the mines for $8.00 an hour and breathing coal dust. I don’t know a single deep miner that has been able to take a retirement at 62. Most of them don’t even make it to 50 and the ones I do know that are 50 (they are retired) look about 70.

Darkies on the other hand have high paying jobs with benefits and they are still ungrateful and strike to get more money for their substandard work.
BMW built a plant near Greenville, SC years back. They picked that area because NC is business UNfriendly.

One interesting note about BMW's plant is that one has to go through a credit check before being hired. I suspect that eliminates 90% of nigger applicants, though I have no idea what the racial makeup of the plant is.

I saw something on tv years ago about the Toyota plant and the unions trying to make inroads there. One White man interviewed said that as long as the company treated them as well as they do, they had no interest in a union.

Just remember, folks, Detroit is on the rebound (longest damn rebound I have ever heard of)!

Old February 1st, 2008 #19
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtozog View Post
I saw something on tv years ago about the Toyota plant and the unions trying to make inroads there. One White man interviewed said that as long as the company treated them as well as they do, they had no interest in a union.
Unions force their way into the workforce. What is the reason? Why are they not wanted? The reason they want in is to get union dues. Like race hucksters and prophets of doom they want monthly dues/donations.

What comes of unions? Strikes against the will of the employees where employees are out of work for months at a time with no pay. Union leaders get wealthy. Do you know what else unions bring? They force companies to start diversity programs and bring in non-white labor. If some darkie wants a job and the company knows he will cost them more than he earns, he goes to the union and they force the company to hire the darkie. The company then has to hire many darkies to please the union leaders. The company then loses money and the jobs get outsourced. The people are then left jobless; they don’t get their union dues back and strike for causes they don’t even support. Then the union will move on to other ground and destroy it.

If the white people are happy then why are the unions trying to push in?

Unions can’t stand to see a good thing so they beat people over the head so they can rule over them for “their own good”.

Old February 2nd, 2008 #20
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
They force companies to start diversity programs and bring in non-white labor.
They have been kissing mexishit ass for years.

Thread