VNN Broadcasts

Old February 13th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Poland Poland

Krakow church holds service against 'kikes who spit on us'

By Aviva Lori, Haaretz Correspondent

Tags: anti-semitism, poland, kikes

WARSAW - This was not a pogrom, but it was close. Sunday's incident in Krakow at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was rife with overtones of hatred. "The Jews are attacking us! We need to defend ourselves," shouted Prof. Bogoslav Wolniewicz, to stormy applause.

About 1,000 people gathered for special services Sunday at the church, organized by the Committee Against Defamation of the Church and For Polishness, along with the anti-Semitic Radio Maryja. Local residents were informed of the service by posters that proclaimed: "The kikes will not continue to spit on us."

The huge church was packed. People sat on the stairs and stood in the aisles. The service opened, as usual, with prayer and song, but after about half an hour, the 91-year-old bishop of Krakow, Albin Malysiak, began inflaming the crowd with his sermon.
Advertisement

"A man who does not love his homeland, but some sort of international entity, apparently also does not love his nearest and dearest," he said.

Afterward, Radio Maryja staffers ascended the dais, headed by Jerzy Robert Nowak, the station's expert on Jewish affairs. He spoke about the new and controversial book by Jan Gross, "Fear: Anti-Semitism in Poland after Auschwitz." Nowak, who was less ambiguous than the bishop, said to applause from the crowd: "It's important that we carry our fight to its conclusion, because Gross and his supporters are marginal, and we will not permit anyone to punish Poland. Leave us in peace. Leave us alone."

The speakers directed their anger at Gross, at Jews in general, at Jews from Brooklyn in particular, at Poles who are willing to sell them anything for money, at Righteous Among the Nations Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, at a minister in the Prime Minister's Office responsible for Jewish-Polish affairs; and at the newspaper that, in their eyes, represents the Polish left, Gazeta Wyborcza, and its editor, Adam Michnik.

There were questions from the audience at the end, mostly of the "how do we defend ourselves against attacks on the church and on Poland" variety. "The best thing is to get organized," Nowak responded.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/953499.html

Old February 15th, 2008 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Polish film about Katyn Massacre and the Conduct of Israeli Tourists in Poland

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...35FB0F1F7DB%7D

The above is the link to a review about a new Polish film which a Polish friend tells me deals with the massacre by the Soviet Union of the Polish officer corps -- a crime which for years was blamed on the Germans.

It seems that this film is so good it is up for some kind of a film industry prize, even an Oscar.

I doubt if any such film will be granted high accolades. The people who run the movie business may not be too keen on allowing a prize to go to a film which places the blame for a notorious war crime on the Communists rather than the Nazis!

And as it happens, the Zionists have just commenced a propaganda initiative in Poland designed to make the Poles feel co-responsible with the German Nazis for "the Holocaust".

Recently Jan Thomasz Gross, a Polish Jew who left Poland in 1968 to become a U.S. citizen and a history professor at Princeton University, has returned to the land of his birth to promote his latest book "Fear: Anti-Semitism in Poland after Auschwitz".

His technique for securing publicity for his book has been to stage provocative public meetings in Polish cities at which he accuses the Polish people in general and the Polish Catholic Church in particular, of responsibility for massacres of Jews during and after the German occupation.

These meetings caused uproar for, as Time magazine of 23rd January 2008 [ http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...706315,00.html ] reported: "......Poland, which lost about 6 million of its citizens in the war -- half of them Jewish -- prides itself on being the only country in Nazi-occupied Europe that did not have a collaborator government."

This kind of vilification of the Polish people by Zionist propagandists has been part of Israeli school curriculum for decades past and it has clearly inculcated among Israelis a hatred for Poland and its people.

For the past several years coach-loads of Israeli teenagers on "Holocaust" tours to Auschwitz are taking over (and trashing) hotels in and near Crakow. Some hotels have refused to take any more Israeli guests after fixtures and fitting were damaged and excrement found in waste-paper baskets and wash basins.

The kosher louts and loutesses are hermetically-sealed from the Polish population by squads of armed Mossad goons who menace and even assault any Poles who try to make the slightest social contact with the little darlings.

The coaches in which they are transported are parked in complete disregard of local parking regulations. Their engines are kept revving all night in residential districts "in the interests of "security".

The illegal activities of these tour groups -- not least the unauthorised firearms possessed by the Mossad minders -- and the complaints of local citizens and traders, are routinely ignored by municipal and national Polish authorities who are fearful of shrill accusations of "anti-semitism".

Such are the fruits of "Holocaust Education Programmes".

I have on file a long report published in a Polish magazine last year recounting the appalling conduct of these teenage Israeli tourists. If anybody would like a copy, they have only to request the same.

Martin.

Old February 15th, 2008 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

[From Martin Webster]

http://polishpress.wordpress.com/200...nce-in-poland/

Przekrřj - Polish weekly magazine May 10th 2007 (<http://www.edipresse.com/Jahia/pid/542>)

Israeli teenagers are a nuisance in Poland
by Anna Szulc

Roberto Lucchesini, originally from Tuscany, for several years now a resident of Krakow, hasn't been sleeping well recently. Before he will be able to move his arms normally again, he will have to go through long rehab.

All this is because of how he was treated, in broad daylight, in front of passers-by and several teenagers who were hermetically sealed in their tour coaches.

Israeli bodyguards, equipped with firearms, bound his arms behind his back over his head with handcuffs. In Krakow, in the middle of the street.

A moment before, the Italian was trying to make coach drivers parking in front of his house turn their engines off.

"Israelis handcuffed me, threw me on the ground, my face landed in dog excrement, and then they were kicking me."

After that the perpetrators were gone. Italian had to be freed by the Polish police.

Lucchesini moved to Kazimierz, a district of Krakow, that used to be a Jewish commune of which the only things left now are synagogues and memories, often painful. He found an apartment with a view on the synagogue.

"Back then I had thought this was the most beautiful place on Earth", he says. "After some time I understood that the place is indeed beautiful, but not for its today's residents."

Kicking instead of answers

Other resident of Kazimierz, Beata W., an office worker, is of similar opinion. Israeli security searched her handbag on one of the streets, without telling her why.

"When I asked what was this all about, they told me to shut up. I listened, I stopped talking, I was afraid they'd tell me to get undressed next," she said, outraged.

A young polish Jew, who as usual in Sabbath, went to pray in his synagogue couple months ago, also didn't get his answer. He only asked, why can't he enter the temple. Instead of an answer, he got kicked.

"I saw this with my own eyes," says Mike Urbaniak, the editor of Forum Of Polish Jews and correspondent of European Jewish Press in Poland, "how my friend was being brutally attacked by security agents from Israel, without any reason."

All this apparently in sake of Israeli childrens' safety.

"For Poles it may be difficult to understand, but security agents accompany Israelis at all times, both in Israel and abroad," explains Michael Sobelman, a spokesman for Israeli embassy in Poland."This is a parents' demand, otherwise they wouldn't agree for any kind of trip. Poland is no exception."

But it was in Poland, as Mike Urbaniak reports, where Jews from Israel brutally kicked a Polish Jew in front of a synagogue, and then threatened him with prison. In plain view of the Israeli teenagers.

"We are very sorry when we hear about such incidents," Sobelman admits. "Detailed analysis is carried out in each case. We will do everything we can to prevent such situations in the future. Maybe we will have to change training methods of our security agents, so that they would know Poland is not like Israel; that the scale of threats here is insignificant."

Professor Moshe Zimmermann, head of German History Institute at Hebrew University in Jerusalem thinks however, that the problem is not only in the security agents' behaviour. He thinks Israelis believe that Poles aren't equal partners for them, and not merely that they think Poles can't ensure their children's safety.

"Poles are not considered equal partners to any kind of discussion, either in respect of our common history, or contemporary history and politics. As a result, Israeli youth see Poles as second category people, as potential enemies", he explains bluntly.

An instruction on conduct with the local inhabitants given away to Israeli teenagers coming to Poland couple years ago may confirm professor's opinion. It contained such a paragraph:

"Everywhere we will be surrounded by Poles. We will hate them because of their participation in Holocaust".

"Agendas for our teenagers' trips to Poland are set in advance by the Israeli government, and are not flexible", says Ilona Dworak-Cousin, the chairwoman of the Polish-Israeli Friendship Association in Israel.

"Those trips basically come down to visiting, one by one, the places of extermination of Jews. From that perspective Poland is just a huge Jewish graveyard. And nothing more. Meeting living people, for those who organise these trips, is meaningless."

A resident of Krakow's Kazimierz district, who is of Jewish descent, says that there is nothing wrong with that:

"Israelis don't come to Poland for holiday. Their aim is to see the sites of Shoah and listen to the terrifying history of their families, history that often is not told to them by their grandparents, because of its emotional weight. Often young people who are leaving, cry, phone their parents and say 'Why didn't you tell me it was that horrible?'. To be frank, I am not surprised they have no interest in talking about Lajkonik " <http://www.mhk.pl/english/tradycja_lajkonik.php>

However according to Ilona Dworak-Cousin the lack of contact with Poles, causes Israeli youth to confuse victims with the perpetrators.

"They start to think it were the Poles who created concentration camps for Jews, that it is the Polish who were and still are the biggest anti-Semites in the world," adds Dworak-Cousin, who is Jewish herself.

The above mentioned Krakow resident has a different opinion: "I don't believe anyone was telling them that the Poles had been doing this. That's why there is no need for discussing anything with the Poles."

Teenagers behaving badly

However, many Israelis say that although the instruction was eventually changed, the attitude to Poles has not changed at all.

"Someone in Israel some day decided, that our children going to Poland have to be hermetically sealed by security," says Lili Haber president of Cracovians Association in Israel.

"Someone decided that young Israelis cannot meet young Poles, and cannot walk the streets. Basically these visits aren't anything else but a several-day-long voluntary imprisonment."

Voluntary, but also very expensive: $(US)1400 per person. Not every Israeli parent can afford such a trip.

"Moreover, as it turns out, the children are too young to visit sites of mass murders," adds Dr Ilona Dworak-Cousin.

Traumatic experiences that accompany visits in death camps have its consequences. Kids become aggressive. And instead of getting to know the country of their ancestors, in which Jews and Poles lived in symbiosis for over 1000 years, Israeli teenagers cause one scandal after another.

It happens sometimes, that somewhere between Majdanek and Treblinka, young Israelis spend their time on striptease ordered via the hotel telephone.

It happens sometimes, that the hotel service has to collect human excrement from hotel beds and washbasins.

It happens sometimes, that hotels have to give money back to other tourists, who cannot sleep because Israeli kids decided to play football in hotel corridor. In the middle of the night.

Six-year-old Krzys from Kazimierz played football too. On Sunday night on 15th April, after shooting two goals, he wanted to go home, as usual.

He lives near a synagogue, in front of which hundreds of young Israelis have gathered for celebrations preceding a 'March of Living'. Just before Szeroka street he was stopped by some not-so-nice men.

"This is a semi-private area today. There is no entry," he was told. It didn't help, when he told them his mum would get upset if he wasn't be home on time.

Interestingly, the security officers were Polish on this occasion and accompanied by the Polish police. They also denied access to the area to a Dutch couple, who had reserved a table at one of the restaurants on Szeroka street six months ago.

"Is this a free country?" one of the tourists tried ascertain.

On a normal day you can access Szeroka street from several sides. That evening all were closed. I tried to get through myself, without any success for some while.

Only eventually the police allowed me to pass their security line. "There are no official restrictions here" they tried to convince me, although in practice it was otherwise.

"We have only set certain restrictions in movement," Sylvia Bober-Jasnoch, a spokeswoman for Malopolska Region Police press service, explained to me later.

The police cannot say anything else. Polish law does not allow residents to be denied access to the streets they live in.

Even during the so called mass events (the celebrations on Szeroka did not have that status) residents have the right to go back to their homes and tourists have the right to dine in a restaurant.

Furthermore, Israeli security agents have no right to stop or search passers-by.

I tried to find out more on the rights of Israeli security agents in Poland. First at the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, from where my question was forwarded to the Ministry of Education. I have also sent questions to the Home Office.

Although I was promised a replies, none have been received. The only person eager to talk on that matter was Maciej Kozlowski, former ambassador in Israel, currently the Plenipotentiary of the Minister of Foreign Affairs for Polish-Israeli relations.

"Regulations are imprecise," admits Kozlowski. "Basically bodyguards from a foreign country should not move around Poland armed. However for the government of Israel security matters are a priority. Any convincing that their citizens should use the services of Polish security turned unsuccessful."

Airplane like battle field

The Polish-Italian couple, Robert Lucchesini, his wife Anna, and their two-year-old daughter, cannot understand Polish government's attitude which, contrary to the Israeli government, is not able to ensure the safety of its citizens.

Safety is not the only thing among the pair's priorities, but also peace and quietness. They are woken up every morning by the loud noise of the engines, of the Polish coaches with groups of Israeli youth.

Their Polish drivers brake driving regulations all the time. They are officially allowed to park in the square near the synagogue -- in front of Robert's house -- for up to 10 minutes. In fact, they stay there much longer, even hours, with their engines running.

The reason? "The safety of the Israeli youth. They would be able to leave quicker in case of a threat."

And also because Israeli kids need to be served coffee. Even though Kazimierz is full of cafes, Israeli teenagers don't go there. They are told: "No contacts with environment, no talking to passers-by, no smiles nor gestures". This has been going for years. Israeli groups contact with Poles only there where they have to.

This policy begins in airplanes: "A plane after such group has landed, looks like a battle field," admits a worker of LOT Polish Airlines, who asked for his name not to be published. "The worst thing is these kids' attitude to Polish staff. Recently a stewardess was slapped by a teenager in her face. Because he had been waiting for his Coca-Cola too long."

Leszek Chorzewski, LOT spokesman, admits that Israeli youth are difficult customers.

"They demand not only more attention then other passengers, but also more security precautions," he adds. These precautions are long aircraft and airport controls conducted by Israeli services. These are also the high demands of the teenagers' security agents.

Katarzyna Lazuga, a student from Poznan, saw that for herself first hand. She participated in a tourist guides' training on one of Polish airports.

"Young people from Israel entered the room we were in," she recalls. "Our group was then made to stop classes and rushed out of the room. Israeli security officers told us to go out, right now and without any talking, because we were 'staring' at their clients. Yes, we were looking at them. They were catching attention, they were good looking."

Young Israelis also see Poles where they board in Polish hotels (at least, those willing to accommodate them -- most Krakow don't want to any more).

"We have resigned from admitting Israeli youth once and for all," admits Agnieszka Tomczyk, assistant manageress in a chain of hotels called System. "We could not afford to refund the losses after their stays any more."

These losses include demolished rooms, broken chairs and tables and human excrement in washbasins or trash bins. In The Astoria, another hotel in Krakow, has refused to accommodate Israeli guests because a carpet was burned and the teenagers' security agents had ordering other guests, whom they didn't like, to leave.

"I understand that Israeli security agents are over-sensitive to any disturbing signals. They are coming from a country where bombs explode almost daily, and young people die in terrorist attacks," comments Mike Urbaniak.

"But Poland is one of the safest countries in Europe. Here, excluding tiny number of incidents, Jews are not being attacked, and Jewish institutions don't need security, which is very unusual on a world scale."

Huge business

Surprisingly, ultra-orthodox Chasidic Jews who travel in great numbers to our country from Israel don't need security agents, including many who came who came to pray at Cadyk Lelřs's grave. They came to the market square in Kazimierz without any security assistance and without any fear.

"They chatted eagerly with tourists interested in their outfits, with passers-by who don't see Jews with side curls every days," adds Urbaniak.

In Kazimierz Chasidim are nothing unusual -- unlike groups of Israeli teenagers. This year 30,000 Israeli teenagers are coming to Poland, and they will have 800 security agents to protect them.

Roberto Lucchesini reported to the Polish police that he got beaten by Israeli security. Krakow Prosecution Office is investigating the case, and so is its counterpart in Israel.

"Results of this investigation are of medium importance," thinks Ilona Dworak-Cousin. "What matters is will the Israeli youth who visit Poland still treat it as hostile and completely alien country?"

The Israel-based Polish-Israeli Friendship Association and the Cracovians Association try to convince the government of their country, not to send any teenagers to Poland only to see only the death camps. Chances are slim.

"These trips are mostly a huge business for people who organise them," says Lili Haber, "including Israeli bodyguards."

Old February 21st, 2011 #4
Serbian

20.02.2011 demo in Warsaw calling on the Polish government to withdraw its recognition of the NATO 'state' Kosovo.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old March 14th, 2011 #5
alex revision

Ronald Lauder laments Polish decision to halt property restitution process

http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/news/10054

Old April 12th, 2014 #6
Serbian

Thumbs down pro Zionist scum Tusk

Poland and Ukraine

A boost for Donald Tusk

Apr 11th 2014, 11:34by A.C. | WARSAW

DONALD TUSK, Poland’s prime minister since 2007, never seemed like much of a military man. But since Russia’s annexation of Crimea he has focused increasingly on security, calling for a bigger presence of NATO troops in Poland, which celebrated 15 years in the alliance in March. He has urged Germany to reduce its dependence on Russian gas and wants to set up a European energy union to. The latest polls put Mr Tusk’s Civic Platform just ahead of the conservative Law and Justice party, which it had been trailing behind for months. Most observers are attributing the prime minister's boost to the crisis in Ukraine.

Poland is in middle of the campaign for the European Parliament elections on May 25th, which are being treated as a rehearsal for Poland's own elections next year. The Civic Platform and Law and Justice parties are in fierce competition again, following a short-lived truce in response to the rising violence in Kiev. Mr Tusk has called these European elections the most important in history. “Someone said that these elections are not about whether our schools are ready to welcome six-year-olds on September 1st,” he said. “They could be about whether children in Poland will go to school on September 1st at all.” Security has become the leitmotif of his party’s campaign; its first video features F-16 fighter plans and shows Mr Tusk alongside Angela Merkel and Barack Obama, emphasising his links to powerful foreign allies.

Jarosław Kaczyński’s Law and Justice has accused Mr Tusk of trying to scare Poles and using Ukraine to win votes. It has tried to shift the campaign back to domestic issues, on which it can criticise the government more easily, and returned to the theme of the Smolensk air crash, which killed Mr Kaczyński’s twin brother, Lech Kaczyński, who was Poland's president at the time. (The fourth anniversary was this Thursday.)

But the conversation keeps returning to security, where Mr Kaczyński has fared less well. His remark last week that he did not wish to have German NATO troops stationed in Poland bore echoes of the twins’ embarrassing anti-German antics when they were in power. On Saturday he added that Poland needs a strong army “so that an attack on Poland would mean a real war, not some sort of intervention.”

As the situation to Poland’s east remains unpredictable, this tune—which benefits Mr Tusk’s party—could continue until election day. Polish politicians have been talking about Ukraine non-stop, but what is really on their minds is who holds the reins in Warsaw.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easte...nd-and-ukraine

Old August 31st, 2014 #7
Dawn Cannon

Thumbs down pro Zionist scum Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Poland and Ukraine

A boost for Donald Tusk

Apr 11th 2014, 11:34by A.C. | WARSAW

DONALD TUSK, Poland’s prime minister since 2007, never seemed like much of a military man. But since Russia’s annexation of Crimea he has focused increasingly on security, calling for a bigger presence of NATO troops in Poland, which celebrated 15 years in the alliance in March. He has urged Germany to reduce its dependence on Russian gas and wants to set up a European energy union to. The latest polls put Mr Tusk’s Civic Platform just ahead of the conservative Law and Justice party, which it had been trailing behind for months. Most observers are attributing the prime minister's boost to the crisis in Ukraine.

Poland is in middle of the campaign for the European Parliament elections on May 25th, which are being treated as a rehearsal for Poland's own elections next year. The Civic Platform and Law and Justice parties are in fierce competition again, following a short-lived truce in response to the rising violence in Kiev. Mr Tusk has called these European elections the most important in history. “Someone said that these elections are not about whether our schools are ready to welcome six-year-olds on September 1st,” he said. “They could be about whether children in Poland will go to school on September 1st at all.” Security has become the leitmotif of his party’s campaign; its first video features F-16 fighter plans and shows Mr Tusk alongside Angela Merkel and Barack Obama, emphasising his links to powerful foreign allies.

Jarosław Kaczyński’s Law and Justice has accused Mr Tusk of trying to scare Poles and using Ukraine to win votes. It has tried to shift the campaign back to domestic issues, on which it can criticise the government more easily, and returned to the theme of the Smolensk air crash, which killed Mr Kaczyński’s twin brother, Lech Kaczyński, who was Poland's president at the time. (The fourth anniversary was this Thursday.)

But the conversation keeps returning to security, where Mr Kaczyński has fared less well. His remark last week that he did not wish to have German NATO troops stationed in Poland bore echoes of the twins’ embarrassing anti-German antics when they were in power. On Saturday he added that Poland needs a strong army “so that an attack on Poland would mean a real war, not some sort of intervention.”

As the situation to Poland’s east remains unpredictable, this tune—which benefits Mr Tusk’s party—could continue until election day. Polish politicians have been talking about Ukraine non-stop, but what is really on their minds is who holds the reins in Warsaw.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easte...nd-and-ukraine

Donald Tusk, the new head of Europe

Credited with bringing order and stability after the turbulent Kaczynski (died in the 2010 plane crash "accident" that everyone has forgotten about) years, which were punctuated by frequent scandals and arguments with Poland’s neighbours, the softly-spoken Mr Tusk made Polish history in 2011 by becoming the first prime minister to be re-elected since the fall new style of global Communism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...of-Europe.html

Last edited by Dawn Cannon; August 31st, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Old September 1st, 2014 #8
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

Britain entered World War Two because of Germany invading Poland. But it failed to save the country from Stalin's clutches in 1945. So has a feeling of historic debt affected Anglo-Polish relations over the years?

I hear someone speaking Polish every day. On the train, in a shop, in the street. Ten years after Poland joined the EU, no-one knows for sure how many Poles live in the UK. The 2011 census estimated it at nearly 600,000.

But that doesn't include those who stayed after the end of World War Two, or their offspring - people like me. In total, the UK is probably home to a million or more people who regard Poland as their ancestral home in some way. Yet Britain and Poland have no long standing historical ties, like Britain and Ireland or Poland and France. The 1931 Census showed only around 40,000 Poles lived in the UK. Poland did not open an embassy in London until 1929. So how and why did we all end up here?

When Britain declared war on Germany on 3 September 1939 it did so for only one reason - Germany had invaded Poland, and Britain had guaranteed to support her ally. The diplomat and writer Sir Nicholas Henderson, himself a former ambassador to Poland, called it "a fatal guarantee".

It was unprecedented. Britain had never given such a pledge to an eastern European country. There had never been a special relationship with Poland. Even Winston Churchill was amazed.

"His Majesty's Government have given a guarantee to Poland. I was astounded when I heard them give this guarantee," he told MPs in May 1939, when still a backbencher.

So why did Britain do it? The answer of course, had less to do with Poland, and much more to do with Nazi Germany.

In March 1939, Poland's southern neighbour Czechoslovakia fell apart. Adolf Hitler's German forces moved in, and Britain's Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain decided that Germany could not be allowed to threaten another country. Few people remember that Britain didn't just offer support to Poland. It also pledged to help Greece and Romania, should either of those countries be attacked.

Chamberlain called the assurances "first aid treatment" - an admission that the pledges were made in a hurry, with no thought to how such promises might be honoured. Britain hoped that would be enough - it was not. Germany attacked and defeated Poland in a few weeks. Britain declared war, but could not aid Poland.

Poland's defeat, followed by that of France, ensured that those Poles still able to fight found their way to Britain. Polish servicemen gained a reputation for bravery and ingenuity. One of the Polish squadrons in the RAF, 303 Squadron, recorded the highest number of kills of any squadron in the Battle of Britain.

The first cipher crackers to break Germany's Enigma code were not based in Bletchley Park but Warsaw. The Poles realised that mathematics held the key and made a vital disclosure of their working methods to the Allies at the start of the war.

But the Polish codebreakers were only officially honoured this year.

After the war, Clement Attlee's newly elected Labour government struggled to adopt a clear position on the Poles in Britain. "While we will not use force to compel these men to return to Poland, I have never disguised our firm conviction that, in our view, they ought to go back in order to play their part in the reconstruction of their stricken country," Foreign Secretary Ernest Bevin told MPs. Thousands did go home. But tens of thousands more refused to go.

The loss of eastern Poland to the Soviet Union, agreed at Yalta by Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin, left thousands of Polish servicemen and their families with no homes to return to.

Many Poles in the UK also feared - rightly - that the new National Unity Government in Poland was controlled from Moscow, and promises of free elections would not be kept.

Recriminations and bitterness followed. Some on the left of British politics, especially some trade unions, could not understand the reluctance of the Poles to return home. Pre-war Poland had not been a democracy - surely, ran the argument, a post-war Socialist Poland would be better?

One part of Britain where feelings ran high was Scotland, where many Polish units had been based throughout the war. "There was a lot of name-calling by the left including the communists. From playing a vital role in the defence of Britain, being the most loyal of Britain's allies, Polish officers now found themselves being called fascists," explains Robert Ostrycharz, a researcher of Polish-Scottish extraction. "I think that was due to them being fiercely anti-Communist and anti-Soviet - while those that made the accusation were very much pro-Soviet."

In early 1946 a conference of the Amalgamated Engineering Union passed a motion, sponsored by Scottish delegates, urging that all Poles be demobilised and returned to Poland. The Glasgow Herald denounced the motion as "stupid" and attacked "the hostility expressed towards the Poles by an intolerant minority in Scotland".

Britain's Polish population - in numbers
Poles now constitute largest ethnic group in UK (after Indians) - 1% of population - more than Irish-born residents
Census in 2011 counted 579,000 Poles living in England and Wales
In 2013 Polish women gave birth to 21,275 children in the UK
line
But other slights followed. The Allied victory parade through London in June 1946 featured representatives from all the victorious armies - but not Poland's. Polish soldiers in Britain were not invited to take part. Those who commanded Free Polish forces also felt the wrath of the new communist-dominated leadership in Poland. In 1946 it stripped dozens of Polish commanders of their Polish citizenship, effectively making them stateless.

One of those men was General Stanislaw Maczek, commander of the Polish 1st Armoured Division, which had helped to seal in the defeated German armies in Normandy. Denied a country and a military pension, Maczek got a job as a barman at a hotel in Edinburgh to support himself and his family.

But as it became clear that eastern Europe was under Soviet hegemony, things changed for the Poles left in Britain. The Polish Resettlement Act - the first ever mass migration act of its type passed by Westminster - offered them help to settle into civilian life in the UK and eventually British citizenship.

Resettlement camps were set up across the UK to house Poles and their families. Some remained open for decades. The very last one, Ilford Park in Devon, is still open and still run by the Ministry of Defence, as a home now for nearly 100 elderly Poles.

By 1951 the UK census showed the number of Polish-born immigrants had quadrupled since before the war, to more than 160,000.

Polish pilgrimage in Aylesford
A Polish pilgrimage takes place annually in Aylesford in Kent
Over the next four decades the Polish community in the UK put down solid foundations.

And when Poland led the revolution in Eastern Europe with the rise of the Solidarity trade union, the UK was quick to pledge its support and resurrect the memory of the wartime alliance.

"It was the invasion of your country that brought Britain into the last war. The Polish Government came to London to carry on the fight for liberty. Many of your compatriots fought alongside us," Prime Minister John Major reminded Lech Walesa when he became the first ever Polish president to visit Britain in 1991. And he was clear that the UK wanted to see Poland as part of the European Community. "I have no doubt that, if you want it, you will become full members of the Community in the not very distant future."

It was to be another 13 years before Poland joined the EU, but when it did in 2004, the UK was one of only three member countries to allow Polish workers unrestricted access from day one. Just before that decision was announced, Prime Minister Tony Blair used a joint press conference with his Polish counterpart in November 2002 to once again revive the spirit of the Anglo-Polish wartime alliance. "Poland and Polish people, particularly Polish servicemen, made enormous sacrifices during World War Two and fought alongside British troops and it is particularly poignant and I think right that today Britain and Poland are working together to create the new Europe."

Polish roadsign
After that, the number of Polish-born people in the UK rose from fewer than 100,000 before EU accession to more than 500,000 by the 2011 census - as the lack of restrictions on working and an already well-established Polish community attracted a huge influx. In 2004, Poles were the 13th largest foreign national group. By 2008, they were the biggest.

The effects were also cultural - the Polish plumber became a common stereotype and Polish shops popped up in British cities. By 2008, 44 million pints of Lech and Tyskie, Poland's two leading beers, were being sold annually in the UK.

Most of the EU did not open its doors to Polish workers in 2004. So was Britain's open door policy a legacy of comradeship in WW2?

It seems unlikely. For a start it wasn't just Polish workers being allowed in to the UK in 2004. The rules were relaxed for citizens of seven other European countries too - Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia. In other words, the decision was not about guilt or gratitude but economics, says Paul Lay, editor of History Today.

There was a philosophical consistency about Britain's position, says Lay, as the UK has a tradition of opposing protectionism. And in 2004 there were good practical reasons for the move. Britain was in the middle of a boom and needed skilled workers to fill its vacancies, says Lay.

A diplomat might go further - the UK has often been credited with having a long-held strategic aim of enlarging Europe to move its centre of gravity away from the "federalist core" - usually taken as France, Germany and the Benelux nations.

line
Famous Britons of Polish descent
Tracey Ullman; Ed Miliband
Tracey Ullman - film and TV comedy actress. Her father was a Polish soldier evacuated from Dunkirk in 1940
Sir John Gielgud (1904-2000) - one of the most famous English stage actors, his great-grandmother was a celebrated Polish actress
Ed Miliband - the Labour leader's grandparents came from the Polish capital, Warsaw
line
The high number of Poles created pressures and fears. At first there was praise for "hardworking" Poles, but as the stereotype of the Polish plumber and builder became common shorthand, there were fears over wages being undercut for indigenous workers. Gordon Brown even went so far as to promise "British jobs for British workers".

Newspaper headlines have sometimes suggested a remorseless tide of newcomers, such as a 2013 Sun story implying that most of Lodz's population had moved to the UK.

And during 2013 police arrested 585 people for hate crime against Poles.

Coach departure board displaying "Warsaw" between "Warrington" and "Warton"
YouGov's "poll of Poles" in January this year showed that Polish people, in general, are positive about the UK. But many feel British people are not so positive about them.

There seems to be a generational split, with 72% of Polish people aged 25-34 holding a positive view about the UK, but only 30% thinking Britons had a positive view of them. For older people things are more in balance. Of those aged 55-plus, 63% had a positive view of the UK, while 49% perceived a positive view of Poland from British people. Meanwhile British people - by 38 to 29 % - thought that Poles had had a beneficial impact on Britain, according to a YouGov poll in September 2013. So one might judge that anti-Polish sentiment is not widespread. And you can argue that much of today's most negative coverage of eastern European immigrants is reserved for Romanians.

At some deep level Britain may still feel a debt to Poland over the war. But it's not something that the man in the street thinks much about, says Lay. Things have moved on.

But 75 years after Britain took the fateful decision to fight because of Poland, the repercussions of that alliance are arguably stronger now than ever - think about that the next time you pass a Polish delicatessen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28979789

Old November 4th, 2009 #9
Gabry Ponte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Polish film about Katyn Massacre and the Conduct of Israeli Tourists in Poland

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...35FB0F1F7DB%7D

The above is the link to a review about a new Polish film which a Polish friend tells me deals with the massacre by the Soviet Union of the Polish officer corps -- a crime which for years was blamed on the Germans.

It seems that this film is so good it is up for some kind of a film industry prize, even an Oscar.

I doubt if any such film will be granted high accolades. The people who run the movie business may not be too keen on allowing a prize to go to a film which places the blame for a notorious war crime on the Communists rather than the Nazis!

And as it happens, the Zionists have just commenced a propaganda initiative in Poland designed to make the Poles feel co-responsible with the German Nazis for "the Holocaust".

Recently Jan Thomasz Gross, a Polish Jew who left Poland in 1968 to become a U.S. citizen and a history professor at Princeton University, has returned to the land of his birth to promote his latest book "Fear: Anti-Semitism in Poland after Auschwitz".

His technique for securing publicity for his book has been to stage provocative public meetings in Polish cities at which he accuses the Polish people in general and the Polish Catholic Church in particular, of responsibility for massacres of Jews during and after the German occupation.

These meetings caused uproar for, as Time magazine of 23rd January 2008 [ http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...706315,00.html ] reported: "......Poland, which lost about 6 million of its citizens in the war -- half of them Jewish -- prides itself on being the only country in Nazi-occupied Europe that did not have a collaborator government."

This kind of vilification of the Polish people by Zionist propagandists has been part of Israeli school curriculum for decades past and it has clearly inculcated among Israelis a hatred for Poland and its people.

For the past several years coach-loads of Israeli teenagers on "Holocaust" tours to Auschwitz are taking over (and trashing) hotels in and near Crakow. Some hotels have refused to take any more Israeli guests after fixtures and fitting were damaged and excrement found in waste-paper baskets and wash basins.

The kosher louts and loutesses are hermetically-sealed from the Polish population by squads of armed Mossad goons who menace and even assault any Poles who try to make the slightest social contact with the little darlings.

The coaches in which they are transported are parked in complete disregard of local parking regulations. Their engines are kept revving all night in residential districts "in the interests of "security".

The illegal activities of these tour groups -- not least the unauthorised firearms possessed by the Mossad minders -- and the complaints of local citizens and traders, are routinely ignored by municipal and national Polish authorities who are fearful of shrill accusations of "anti-semitism".

Such are the fruits of "Holocaust Education Programmes".

I have on file a long report published in a Polish magazine last year recounting the appalling conduct of these teenage Israeli tourists. If anybody would like a copy, they have only to request the same.

Martin.
I saw the film. High quality. Boring but high quality. Also frustrating. Poles get jerked around by the Soviets, Germans, then again by the Soviets. The Communists were absolute morons.

Old February 18th, 2013 #10
Serbian

Warsaw: "Kosovo is Serbia"

Sun, 02/17/2013 - 16:45 -- MRS

On February 16, the Polish capital for the third time hosted the event "Kosovo is Serbia", organized by the association "Poles for Serbian Kosovo" on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of unilaterally proclaimed Kosovo's independence. The march traditionally included the fans of football clubs in Warsaw, led by supporters of Legia Warsaw, their website announced. Participants carried posters supporting the Serbs in Kosovo and opposing Kosovo's independence. Since 2011, on the eve or on the anniversary of the unilaterally declared Kosovo’s independence, the Association "Poles for Serbian Kosovo" has been organizing rallies to protest, as they point out, against forcibly taking Kosovo away from Serbia. This time, as well as earlier, 1,000 to 1,500 people joined the protest. Under the slogan "Kosovo is Serbia", a similar event, organized by the Czech Association "Friends of Kosovo Serbs", will be held on Wenceslas Square in Prague.

Old February 18th, 2013 #11
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Warsaw: "Kosovo is Serbia"

Sun, 02/17/2013 - 16:45 -- MRS

On February 16, the Polish capital for the third time hosted the event "Kosovo is Serbia", organized by the association "Poles for Serbian Kosovo" on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of unilaterally proclaimed Kosovo's independence. The march traditionally included the fans of football clubs in Warsaw, led by supporters of Legia Warsaw, their website announced. Participants carried posters supporting the Serbs in Kosovo and opposing Kosovo's independence. Since 2011, on the eve or on the anniversary of the unilaterally declared Kosovo’s independence, the Association "Poles for Serbian Kosovo" has been organizing rallies to protest, as they point out, against forcibly taking Kosovo away from Serbia. This time, as well as earlier, 1,000 to 1,500 people joined the protest. Under the slogan "Kosovo is Serbia", a similar event, organized by the Czech Association "Friends of Kosovo Serbs", will be held on Wenceslas Square in Prague.
Fucking right! Kosovo is Serbia!

Old February 18th, 2013 #12
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Kurwa prawo na.

Old February 22nd, 2013 #13
Serbian

Sme more pics from Warsaw: "Kosovo is Serbia" demo

Old March 23rd, 2014 #14
Serbian

Prisoner of ZOG to be sent to Polish prison

A FORMER Bosnian Serb general who was the first person convicted of genocide by the UN Yugoslav war crimes tribunal has been transferred to Poland to serve out his sentence, prison officials say.

A convicted Bosnian Serb war criminal has been transferred from a British jail to Poland. Source: AAP

The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) convicted Radislav Krstic for his role in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre of Bosnian Muslims and in 2004 handed him a 35-year sentence and sent him to Britain.

But after he narrowly escaped a murder attempt by Muslim fellow-inmates at Britain's Wakefield prison in 2010, the ICTY decided to seek a new location for security reasons.

In 2012, it filed a request to Poland, which has few Muslim residents. A Warsaw court approved the request later that year.

The 66-year-old Krstic "was admitted to the detention centre in the central city of Piotrkow Trybunalski on Thursday," said Bartlomiej Turbiarz, a spokesman for regional prison officials.

"He will serve out his sentence in a one-person cell that will be video-monitored 24 hours a day."

Krstic is the first war criminal to serve time in Poland at the behest of the ICTY.

Poland is among 17 countries that have offered to handle convicts sentenced to prison by the tribunal, which is based in The Hague in the Netherlands.

link

Old April 12th, 2014 #15
Dawn Cannon

Quote:

But after he narrowly escaped a murder attempt by Muslim fellow-inmates at Britain's Wakefield prison in 2010, the ICTY decided to seek a new location for security reasons.
Additional note, FAO British Islanders:

Led by an Albanian Muslim, the trio stabbed and slashed 62-year-old Radislav Krstic in his cell at Wakefield prison in West Yorkshire, where he was serving a 35-year sentence for his part in genocide at Srebrenica.

Krstic, who has an artificial leg, survived the attack in May but was left with serious injuries including a deep wound to his neck. He was transferred to Wakefield from the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) at The Hague in 2004 under the UK's treaty obligations to the United Nations.

Indrit Krasniqi, 23, Iliyas Khalid, formerly known as Christopher Braithwaite, 24, and Quam Ogumbiyi, were cleared of attempting to murder Krstic by a jury after a two-week trial at Leeds crown court. But they were convicted of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and returned for sentencing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashed-him.html

Old May 3rd, 2014 #16
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

To hell with euro-communism.

Old June 22nd, 2014 #17
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Default Town Celebrated Downfall of Communism with Urinating Lenin Statue

Quote:
A Polish district in Krakow recently celebrated how awesome it is to not be communist by erecting a neon green statue of Vladimir Lenin urinating into a fountain.

The statue, entitled “Fountain of the Future,” depicts the Soviet leader gazing thoughtfully into the distance, envisioning a world where men can urinate equally as far as their fellow comrades. To compound its message, the artists placed the statue on a pedestal that formerly housed an actual Lenin statue.

There’s a little bit of backstory to why this district is so happy that communism is over: Nowa Huta, an industrial community, was built by the Polish post-war government specifically to “combat the influence of what authorities deemed to be ‘bourgeois’ Krakow,” according to the Independent. (The town was such a propaganda village that a popular song was written extolling its Socialist virtues, and was literally titled “This Song Is About Nowa Hute”.) However, the plan backfired and Nowa Huta instead became a hotbed of dissent, with protestors attempting to blow up the bronze Lenin statue at least twice.

And now that Socialist Realism is dead, everyone in Nowa Hute wants to keep it that way. Artist Bartosz Szydlowski told the Telegraph that he wanted the world to see the town’s sense of humor, and also wanted to stir debate over what should take the place of the statue.

It looks like this:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-...-lenin-statue/
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old March 6th, 2008 #18
Serbian

From 'Kosovo is Serbia' demonstration in Warsaw.

Old March 30th, 2008 #19
Alex Linder
Administrator

[from 2006]

Anti-semitism live

A broadcast invoking extortionate 'Judeans' has brought a powerful Catholic radio station in Poland to worldwide attention, writes Nicholas Watt

This article was first published on guardian.co.uk on Monday June 05 2006. It was last updated at 16:12 on June 05 2006.
On a quiet road in the suburbs of Torun, an historic Polish city on the banks of the Vistula river, tempers are becoming frayed. "We are Catholics, go away," an elderly woman shouts as she slams shut a thick metal gate before scurrying back inside the headquarters of Poland's most popular radio station.

Shooing away outsiders has become an occupational hazard for workers at the staunchly Catholic Radio Maryja, which is attracting worldwide attention after a highly provocative anti-semitic broadcast.

Even the Vatican registered its unease after Stanislaw Michalkiewicz, one of the station's best known commentators, warned that Poland was "being outmanoeuvred by Judeans who are trying to force our government to pay extortion money disguised as compensation".

As Pope Benedict prepared to pay his first visit to Poland last month, the papal representative in Warsaw called on the Polish episcopate to deal with the "nagging issue of Radio Maryja". Weeks later an eight-strong panel was appointed to oversee the station, a move that failed to impress critics because Tadeusz Rydzyk, an outspoken Redemptorist priest who founded the station, will remain on board.

Tomasz Krolak, of the Catholic Information Agency, voiced fears of a "very dangerous alliance between the religious and political spheres" in light of the cosy relationship between the government and the station.

His remarks highlighted widespread concern in Poland about the central role Radio Maryja plays in the country's political life. Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the leader of the governing Law and Justice party and his twin brother, Lech, who is Poland's president, unashamedly court the station whose support was instrumental in their surprise election victory last year.

Poland's answer to America's conservative radio shows has a devoted daily audience of just over 1 million listeners who are attracted by a combination of folksy advice on domestic affairs, strict religious observance and outspoken broadcasts. "A Catholic voice in your home", is the proud boast of the station, which is richly rewarded by its listeners who bankroll Radio Maryja through private donations.

The station kicks off harmlessly in the morning with cooking tips and prayer services. In the evening, the tone changes abruptly as commentators take their turn to spew out rightwing broadcasts and take calls from listeners horrified by the direction of their country since the collapse of communism. Stewing at home in rural areas of Poland, the listeners rage at "post-communists", a term of abuse for former apparatchiks who reinvented themselves to lead the country down an immoral and cruel "laissez-faire" path after the fall of communism.

Unlike American talkshow hosts, who know they have to remain within certain bounds, Radio Maryja regularly airs thinly veiled anti-semitic broadcasts. But these reached a new low recently when Stanislaw Michalkiewicz accused American Jewish groups of indulging in the "Holocaust industry" by seeking compensation for property seized during the second world war.

Days after the broadcast, an 87-year-old retired cardiologist picked up the phone in his modest flat to dictate a letter accusing Radio Maryja of "xenophobia, chauvinism and anti-semitism". The intervention electrified Poland because the author, Marek Edelman, is the last surviving commander from the 1943 uprising in Warsaw's Jewish ghetto when the remaining survivors launched a series of audacious attacks on the Nazis.

"It is obvious that Radio Maryja and this broadcast are anti-semitic," Dr Edelman, 87, told the Guardian at his flat in the struggling former industrial city of Lodz 80 miles south-west of Warsaw. "Even if you do not use the word Jew, there are synonyms. People know what you are talking about. Radio Maryja broadcasts propaganda, hate and a misconceived patriotism, saying Poles are superior and Poland for the Poles."

Puffing on his favourite Gaulloise cigarettes in his sitting room, which is decorated with images of the Warsaw uprising, Dr Edelman condemns the government for courting such a dangerous outlet. "They lend credence to this radio station. Government figures do not go to Radio Maryja to pray. They go there to make propaganda."

Dr Edelman, who fought on the same side as President Kaczynski in the anti-communist underground resistance movement, believes the governing twins are not anti-semitic, though he warns them to be careful. "There are symptoms of intolerance and anti-semitism in Poland which must be combatted by the government. There are historic examples of the shortness of the path of the word to the deed."

Under attack from Jewish groups and politicians on the Polish centre ground, Radio Maryja has responded with a combination of paranoia and sneering self-satisfaction. Critics are simply "post-communist" troublemakers out of touch with Poland, unlike Radio Maryja which enjoys the support of 10 million people thanks to its sister television station, Trwam. Mr Rydzyk has apologised to anyone who felt offended by the broadcast but insists the station cannot censor its commentators.

Radio Maryja demonstrated its paranoia when the Guardian called on the station, which is housed in a large, modern building amid immaculately tended gardens on the outskirts of Torun, a picturesque Hanseatic city 150 miles north-west of Warsaw.

As elderly visitors to the station's bookshop spoke of how its religious broadcasts gave them comfort, Radio Maryja embarked on some bizarre behaviour. After rebuffing our request for an interview - "we're not interested in talking," a receptionist barked over the intercom - a student from Radio Maryja journalism college tried to film us surreptitiously.

In the shadow of figures of the Virgin Mary and a giant poster of Pope John Paul II that dominates the grounds of Radio Maryja, the student darted around bushes to film us from various angles. When we failed to move on, the student ended the pretence of secret filming and marched out with another journalist from Radio Maryja's sister television station, who gave his name as Witold. Barely able to control his rage, he thrust a microphone at us to demand to know what we were doing in Torun.

"We are attacked by the post-communist media in Poland," he declared as the Guardian tried to explain itself. "We do not trust the media. We have 10 million listeners, so we have a lot of support. The other media, dominated by the post-communists, spread disinformation. You have to report [that] disinformation." At that, Witold and his cameraman turned on their heels and fled back to the safety of Radio Maryja.

The station's feud with the "post-communist" media reached new heights recently when Gazeta Wyborcza, Poland's leading liberal newspaper - dismissed in the controversial broadcast as a "Jewish fifth column" - infiltrated its journalism college. Wojtek Bojanowski, a young journalist who spent six weeks as a student at the school, found that his fellow students were brainwashed into believing that the former Polish elite, who ran the country until last year's election, were ex-members of the secret police. "The college does not see things in black and white - only black," says Bojanowski, who wrote up his notes at night in the loo.

Students are carefully vetted and are only admitted if they can produce a letter from their local priest confirming they are devoted Catholics. Atheists would have a tough time because the working day begins and ends with prayers at 8.00am and 9.00pm. Exams are even interrupted for prayers at midday.

Bojanowski, 21, who received threatening calls when his expose was published, fell foul of the college authorities by questioning a claim by Tadeusz Rydzyk, the station's founder, that he was a friend of the late Pope. "The college was very angry and telephoned my grandmother even though I had given a false name and not given her number. They sensed she would be a supporter and told her there was something wrong with me. She was very distressed."

Seweryn Blumsztajn, a founding editor of Gazeta Wyborcza, was not surprised that Radio Maryja appeared to be copying the tactics of the communists it claims to despise. "Radio Maryja is like a sect. It is anti-democratic and very anti-semitic."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/05/poland

Old September 26th, 2008 #20
Curious
Banned

Default Dutch Leftists target Polish

http://www.gebladerte.nl/30043v01.htm

Quote:
De Fabel van de illegaal 52/53, maj 2002

Auteurs: Eric Krebbers, Jan Tas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Vertaling: tygodnikforum)

JAK KRYTYKOWAĆ IZRAEL
"Nie jestem antysemitą, ale…"

Ileż to razy człowiek wypowiada to zdanie, oceniając politykę Izraela, Szarona, działalności Mosadu czy diaspory żydowskiej. Z kolei oskarżenie kogoś o antysemityzm często jest traktowane jako zakaz krytyki Żydów w ogóle. Jak zatem powinien wyglądać dialog Żydów z nie-Żydami?

Oto dziesięć stereotypów, których należy unikać, jeśli chcesz zachować przyzwoitość.

1. ISLAMIŚCI MAJĄ RACJĘ

Atakując politykę rządu izraelskiego - zawsze krytykujcie także fundamentalistów islamskich. Nie starajcie się nigdy usprawiedliwiać zamachów samobójczych. Hamas, Dżihad i Hezbollah - to nie ruchy wyzwolenia narodowego, ale religijne faszyzmy. Antysemityzm odegrał zasadniczą rolę w dziejach islamu i chrześcijaństwa. Islamscy fundamentaliści wzywają do eksterminacji wszystkich Żydów, są więc zażartymi antysemitami. Ktokolwiek odmawia zdecydowanego potępienia tych faszystów - czy to przez oportunizm, w imię antyimperializmu albo z innych względów - usprawiedliwia antysemityzm. Ktokolwiek zamyka oczy na zamachy wymierzone przeciwko izraelskim cywilom, kto uważa, że zamachy te z takich czy innych powodów są zrozumiałe bądź uzasadnione - wspiera i wzmacnia antysemicką postawę terrorystów. Ci ostatni uważają, że winni są wszyscy Żydzi z Izraela, niezależnie od tego, czy godzą się czy nie na działania rządu: winni tylko dlatego, że są Żydami.

2. SYJONIŚCI TO FASZYŚCI

Krytykujcie antysyjonizm. Antysyjoniści głoszą błędną tezę, że nacjonalizm żydowski (syjonizm) jest ex definitione ideologią skrajnie prawicową. Tymczasem w syjonizmie działają różne nurty, w tym także postępowe. Antysyjoniści bezpardonowo potępiają nacjonalizm żydowski, równocześnie zaś popierają nacjonalistów palestyńskich oraz arabskich. A przecież wszelkie odmiany nacjonalizmu mają ten sam reakcyjny charakter. Nacjonaliści tworzą mity na temat jedności "narodów", ignorując ucisk, którego ofiarą padają robotnicy, kobiety oraz wszyscy nie mieszczący się w schemacie nacjonalistycznym. Elity wykorzystują nacjonalizm, by wciągać masy w swą walkę z innymi elitami. Z tego punktu widzenia nacjonalizm żydowski nie różni się zasadniczo od nacjonalizmu arabskiego czy francuskiego.

Każdy powinien przede wszystkim zwalczać nacjonalizm w swoim własnym kraju, nie ulegając elitom walczącym z nacjonalizmem w innych krajach. Co więcej, Europejczycy dopuszczają się antysemityzmu, twierdząc, że to właśnie nacjonalizm żydowski jest obecnie głównym problemem Bliskiego Wschodu. Chcąc doprowadzić do rozwiązania konfliktu, należałoby stosować ideologię antynacjonalistyczną, wspierając wszelkie wspólne oddolne inicjatywy antynacjonalistyczne, zarówno izraelskie jak i palestyńskie.

3.IZRAEL UPRAWIA LUDOBÓJSTWO

Nie odwołujcie się pochopnie do terminu "ludobójstwo". Nie głoście, że Izrael jest państwem, które najdrastyczniej łamie prawa człowieka.

Izrael należy do licznych państw, które poważnie naruszają prawa człowieka. Wiele z ruchów "wyzwolenia" narodowego, jak Organizacja Wyzwolenia Palestyny, gwałci te prawa i będą to czynić do czasu uzyskania własnego państwa. Wiele krajów na Bliskim Wschodzie, w tym Syria, Iran oraz Irak, na wielką skalę narusza prawa człowieka. Podobnie postępuje Izrael, ale - jak na razie - w znacznie mniejszym stopniu. Nie można więc oskarżać tego państwa, że to ono właśnie najdrastyczniej łamie te prawa.

Jednostronna krytyka podsyca antysemityzm. Co więcej, termin "ludobójstwo" jest nieadekwatny do obecnych działań państwa Izrael. Dżeninu nie sposób porównać z Rwandą czy Jugosławią. Poza tym Izrael nie chce zlikwidować fizycznie wszystkich Palestyńczyków - w przeciwieństwie do integrystycznych organizacji islamskich, jak na przykład Hamas, którego członkowie - gdyby tylko mieli wolne ręce - utopiliby w morzu lub zagazowali wszystkich Żydów.

4.SZARON TO HITLER

Pod żadnym pozorem nie porównujcie państwa Izrael z Niemcami nazistowskimi. Shoah to wydarzenie historyczne bez precedensu. W Niemczech nazistowskich zamordowano - programowo - 6 milionów Żydów. Porównując Holocaust z innymi masowymi mordami, banalizuje się niewyobrażalną skalę i potworność tej zbrodni przeciwko Żydom. Europejczycy głoszący, że obecna polityka izraelska jest identyczna z shoah lub porównywalna z tą tragedią - w istocie rehabilitują nazistów. Upowszechnianie takich poglądów może przyczynić się do reanimowania w Europie skrajnej prawicy. Sugerując, że Izraelczycy dorównują Hitlerowi - usprawiedliwia się ex post Holocaust. "Hitler zapomniał o jednym z nich: o Szaronie", z takim zbrodniczym hasłem na ustach manifestowano na rzecz Palestyny w Amsterdamie, w kwietniu 2002 roku.

5. ZA WSZYSTKO ODPOWIADAJĄ ŻYDZI

Nie obciążajcie Żydów odpowiedzialnością za działania państwa Izrael. Obciążanie zbiorową odpowiedzialnością za jakąkolwiek zbrodnię Żydów, Palestyńczyków czy inną nację - jest nonsensem. W ramach każdego narodu występują najróżniejsze postawy. W Izraelu i w innych krajach wielu Żydów ubolewa nad aktami przemocy, jakich dopuszcza się państwo Izrael. Na ogół mają oni niewielki wpływ na to, co się tam dzieje. Twierdząc, że obywatele Izraela niedostatecznie protestują przeciwko przemocy, jakiej dopuszcza się państwo - należy uświadomić sobie, że tylko antysemita może domagać się, aby Żydzi - pod względem politycznym i moralnym - byli doskonalsi od innych. Obciążając wszystkich Żydów odpowiedzialnością za gwałty, popełniane przez państwo Izrael, działa się na rzecz europejskich antysemitów, którzy napadają na pojedynczych Żydów, atakują żydowskie budynki.

6. PRZESĄDY O ŻYDACH SĄ PRAWDZIWE

Nie korzystajcie ze stereotypów podszytych antysemityzmem. W ciągu historii przeciwko Żydom kierowano niezliczone oskarżenia, głosząc, że mordują dzieci, zatruwają studnie lub rzeki, są zachłannymi bankierami i spekulantami, cynicznymi intelektualistami itp. Gdy w odruchu solidarności z Palestyną sięga się po takie stereotypy - ich skutki działają z przemożną siłą, gdyż antysemityzm jest wszędzie głęboko zakorzeniony. Gdy jakiś ruch odwołuje się do takich haseł - nie ma dla niego miejsc w szeregach antykapitalistycznej lewicy.

7. WSZYSTKO TO ŻYDOWSKI SPISEK

Dementujcie mit o istnieniu spisku proizraelskiego. Często słyszy się jakoby w świecie polityki, kultury, gospodarki oraz mediów działał jakiś spisek proizraelski. Jest to klasyczny argument antysemicki. Bez względu na to, czy używa się go w kontekście sytuacji lokalnej czy też międzynarodowej - takie poczynania wpisują się w tradycję "Protokołów mędrców Syjonu". W myśl tej fałszywki sprokurowanej przez carską Ochranę w 1900 roku Żydzi mieliby knuć spisek mający na celu zawładnięcie światem. W komiksach przedstawiano ten spisek w postaci kolosalnej ośmiornicy, dławiącej świat złowieszczymi mackami. Dziś często słyszy się o "wszechpotężnym lobby żydowskim", które - w myśl poniektórych urojeń - miałoby kontrolować wszystkie media i nie dopuszczać do nagłaśniania opinii krytycznych względem Izraela.

8. IZRAEL TO SZTUCZNY TWÓR

Nie mówcie, że Izrael jest państwem bardziej "anormalnym" od innych. Od czasu, gdy nacjonalizm zdobył w Europie prawo obywatelstwa, zaczęto dzielić ludzkość na rozmaite "narody". Zawsze twierdzono, że Żydzi są antytezą narodu. Z tego punktu widzenia nacjonalizm musi iść w parze z antysemityzmem. W myśl mitologii nacjonalistycznej Żydzi reprezentują złowieszczą antytezę wszelkich "zdrowych" cech "autentycznego" narodu, zakorzenionego w "swej glebie". Im bardziej zapewniano, że "narody autentyczne" czerpią swą legitymizację z ziemi, do której przynależą, tym bardziej Żydów postrzegano jako wiecznych tułaczy, nie związanych z żadnym terytorium. Z takiego opacznego rozumowania wynikałoby, że państwo żydowskie w założeniu jest "anormalne". Tak więc tylko antysemita może twierdzić, że Palestyńczycy ex definitione mają autentyczną więź ze swą ziemią, Izraelczycy natomiast - ex definitione - jej nie mają. Tymczasem państwo Izrael jest tak samo "naturalne" lub "anormalne" jak każde inne państwo.

9. WYMAZAĆ IZRAEL Z MAPY ŚWIATA

Nigdy nie kwestionujcie prawa Izraela do istnienia. To normalne, że rewolucjoniści kwestionują istnienie jakichkolwiek państw i tym samym krytykują państwo, w którym sami żyją. Europejczycy pragnący przede wszystkim obalenia państwa Izrael wikłają się w rozumowanie antysemickie. Wszak Izrael to państwo, w którym znaleźli schronienie Żydzi europejscy, ocaleni z shoah. W momencie gdy po trosze wszędzie nasila się antysemityzm, wielu Żydów uważa, że Izrael to jedyne miejsce, gdzie - w ostateczności - mogliby się schronić. Kwestionując prawo tego kraju do istnienia - podsyca się poczucie niepewności, nękające Żydów.

10. ŻYDZI SĄ SAMI SOBIE WINNI

Izrael nie jest winien za istnienie antysemityzmu. Tylko i wyłącznie antysemici ponoszą odpowiedzialność za jego występowanie. Ideologia antysemicka jest głęboko zakorzeniona w Europie i w świecie arabskim. Żydzi przez wieki padali ofiarą prześladowań - w tym na Bliskim Wschodzie. To nie państwo Izrael ani też konflikt izraelsko-palestyński powoduje antysemicką ideologię oraz ataki na Żydów.

Antysemici powołują się na taki argument, by usprawiedliwić swe zbrodnicze działania. Obciążając Izrael odpowiedzialnością za antysemityzm, przyjmuje się za swój stary antysemicki stereotyp: to "Żydzi" ponoszą odpowiedzialność za wszystkie niedole świata. Jest to pogląd równie absurdalny, jak oskarżenie Mosadu, że organizuje zamachy na żydowskie budynki na Bliskim Wschodzie bądź w Europie.

Autorzy są członkami skrajnie lewicowej organizacji "De Fabel van de Illegaal" (Mit nielegalności), założonej w Lejdzie w Holandii i wydającej miesięcznik o tym samym tytule. Jej celem jest walka o "wolne, socjalistyczne i feministyczne społeczeństwo, bez rasizmu, nacjonalizmu i faszyzmu". "De Fabel" pomaga też imigrantom i uchodźcom politycznym. Powyższy tekst został również przedrukowany w majowym numerze "L'Arche" - miesięcznika francuskiej wspólnoty żydowskiej.

Thread