Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 15th, 2012 #2541
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa
 
VikingWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vinland
Posts: 1,473
Blog Entries: 1
VikingWarrior
Default

Quote:
I don't think that there is any evidence of Steele knowing Tatyana that early in the game. She would have had two years to learn English and she knew none at the time of her trial.
Agreed, but do we know how long he had be 'trawling' these Eastern European websites looking for a new young honey, might of been quite some time.
 
Old April 15th, 2012 #2542
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry New Vice for Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingWarrior View Post
Agreed, but do we know how long he had be 'trawling' these Eastern European websites looking for a new young honey, might of been quite some time.
Clearly the prosecutor did a thorough search of Steele's computer. They counted 14,000 emails where Steele had communicated with a Ukrainian woman OVER 100 times. Had there been any such activity before his surgery, they would have jumped on it.

All of the recent photos that I have seen of Cyndi indicate that she is 100 pounds overweight. She doesn't seem to have gained any weight since her first press conference in July or so of 2010. She looks the same on photos after sentencing in November of 2011. Steele may have gotten disgusted with her after his surgery. Contrast that with her appearance in her younger days.

Steele surely hadn't forgotten that she tried to take him for everything but the shirt on his back in 2001. She caught him looking for women on match.com and filed for divorce. That was mutually dismissed a few months later. This divorce threat was only three years after Steele's prostate cancer in 1998 where he was chemically castrated for about six months. It is unknown what kind of a stud he was after that or since.



 
Old April 17th, 2012 #2543
8Man
"moderate" radical
 
8Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 33 Thomas St NY 10007
Posts: 3,417
8Man
Default Convicted defendants left uninformed of forensic flaws found by Justice Dept.

Quote:
Convicted defendants left uninformed of forensic flaws found by Justice Dept.

Justice Department officials have known for years that flawed forensic work might have led to the convictions of potentially innocent people nationwide, but prosecutors failed to notify defendants or their attorneys even in many cases they knew were troubled.

Officials started reviewing the cases in the 1990s after reports that sloppy work by examiners at the FBI lab was producing unreliable forensic evidence in court trials. Instead of releasing those findings, they made them available only to the prosecutors in the affected cases, according to documents and interviews with dozens of officials.

In addition, the Justice Department reviewed only a limited number of cases and focused on the work of one scientist at the FBI lab, despite warnings that problems were far more widespread and could affect potentially thousands of cases in federal, state and local courts.
The 'evidence' presented against Edgar Steele was never properly examined by competent defense experts.

They're just now getting around to admitting there have been problems with hair and DNA evidence used to convict some people. It'll probably be another decade before electronic evidence is similarly questioned.

more at: Convicted defendants left uninformed of forensic flaws found by Justice Dept.
__________________
FreedomSite "Israel's values are Canada's values" Canadian PM Paul Martin, Nov. 13 2005
ZundelSite "An attack on Israel is an attack on Canada" Canadian PM Stephen Harper, Feb. 16 2010
 
Old April 17th, 2012 #2544
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,241
Hadding
Default

Here's a guy whose personality was radically altered by a stroke. It turned him into an appearance-obsessed QUEER.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-accident.html

The counter-argument that some of you people have used over and over against the suggestion that Steele's personality may have been altered from the mini-strokes accompanying his cardiac trauma and surgery is that he still speaks clearly and seems lucid and you can't believe that a stroke could alter Steele's personality without also causing obvious cognitive impairment.

I heard Chris Birch in an interview on BBC Radio 4. He doesn't seem to have any more cognitive impairment than Steele.

Here's a video.

Last edited by Hadding; April 17th, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
 
Old April 17th, 2012 #2545
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Bogus Defense Experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post
The 'evidence' presented against Edgar Steele was never properly examined by competent defense experts.

They're just now getting around to admitting there have been problems with hair and DNA evidence used to convict some people. It'll probably be another decade before electronic evidence is similarly questioned.

more at: Convicted defendants left uninformed of forensic flaws found by Justice Dept.
What you say is true. Walsh copied his report from the main supposed expert Papcun nearly verbatim. Neither expert was worth having them show up for the hearing on their qualifications.

Quote:
http://stopnetspend.com/steele/recorder/audioex0.pdf

MS. WHELAN: Yes. And, Judge, we intend‐‐ we have one of those ready as an exhibit to show that basically one report is almost verbatim copied of the other report.
You can see the prosecution make a fool of Walsh at http://stopnetspend.com/steele/recorder/audioex1.pdf . I made my living for eight years in radio and television stations and know something about editing. The testimony of Papcun was smoke and mirrors and the FBI expert demolished it. The FBI technical expert used the same frequency and waveform analysis program used by Papcun on known genuine recordings by that same Flex8F recorder. The program gave the same false alarms on the known genuine recording that it did on the Steele recordings.

The FBI had video taped Fairfax on both occasions leaving for the Steel ranch with the recorder in his pocket They also had Idaho State Police witnesses. The best argument that the recordings are genuine is the fact that no FBI agent in their right mind would trust their careers and risk imprisonment over a flake like Fairfax. He sold Steele out for a lousy $10,000 worth of silver. He is not good enough of a liar to fake his testimony if the recordings were fake. After he and the FBI double crossed each other he would have spilled the beans on a fake recording.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 17th, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old April 17th, 2012 #2546
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Another Negro in the Woodpile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Edgar Steele Frame-up - Part 1 of 4 - YouTube!
.......
He also relates that Steele called his wife in Oregon to discuss whether Eddy Bear had been moved in his bedroom. Eddy Bear was the teddy bear which was to be sent to his Ukrainian honey Tatyana Loginova. Steele mentioned this teddy bear in his jailhouse converstion with his son Rex and seemed worried about Cyndi finding out about it. There is a Negro in the woodpile here .
.......
It just occurred to me that the Steele camp is lying about Eddie Bear. Hoyt claims in the above video that Steele called his wife in Oregon and asked about the placement of Eddie Bear being disturbed in their bedroom. When he called his son Rex from jail a week later, he was worried whether Eddie Bear had been left out after the search where Cyndi could find it. The implication was that Rex knew about Eddie Bear and Cyndi did not. If she already knew about it, why would it matter? Was Eddie Bear bought to send to Tatyana without Cyndi's knowledge? See http://www.kxly.com/localvideo/index.html?v=21568 for the recording. This is a recording of both the calls from Steele to his son Rex and his wife from Kootenai County jail in Sandpoint.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 17th, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old April 18th, 2012 #2547
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Slow to Catch On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
Here's a guy whose personality was radically altered by a stroke. It turned him into an appearance-obsessed QUEER.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-accident.html

The counter-argument that some of you people have used over and over against the suggestion that Steele's personality may have been altered from the mini-strokes accompanying his cardiac trauma and surgery is that he still speaks clearly and seems lucid and you can't believe that a stroke could alter Steele's personality without also causing obvious cognitive impairment.

I heard Chris Birch in an interview on BBC Radio 4. He doesn't seem to have any more cognitive impairment than Steele.

Here's a video.
Chris Birch, the former rugby player who woke up gay - YouTube
I usually am quicker to catch on. This post appeared to be a novel but a bit off topic. After thinking about it some more, I have seen the error of my ways. Here is a Limey who was perfectly normal before doing a back flip and landing on his head. Apparently his twisted neck caused some clots or debris in his carotid artery to come loose and inflict brain damage. He is now queer as a three dollar bill.

He seems to be sincere in this video and not carrying the queer agenda. He is by no means irrational to hear him talk. He shocked his fiance when he woke up in the hospital and told her that he was now queer.

If a mini-stroke can turn this Limey from normal to a hairdresser queer with a boyfriend, it is believable that Steele can turn into a sex maniac. It has not been established that he is able to rise to the occasion after his treatment for prostate cancer. He is willing to take extraordinary risks to try to please his Ukrainian honey. Any fool who will write steamy love letters to his overseas girlfriend when he is jailed on charges of trying to blow up his wife with a pipe bomb is as crazy as you can get.
 
Old April 18th, 2012 #2548
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"
 
MikeTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: land of the Friedman, home of the Braverman
Posts: 13,329
MikeTodd
Default from another thread

Quote:
Steele Interview Was Classic Example
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Self-interviews are vastly underused form. Most interviews, the -er is untutored and too lazy to research to come up with the truly interesting questions, which the interviewee is perfectly situated to do.

DEP's response:A classic example of an unprepared interviewer was the KXLY-TV reporter who interviewed Steele in jail in Moscow Idaho just before he was sentenced. She had no clue what to ask. Had she known about all of his crazy behavior she could have had him confess on the spot. I wrote her later with enough information for her to redo the interview but she never did. She did not even reply.
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=197
As you claim to be Mr. Steele's staunchest advocate and supporter, who only wants what's best for the "poor man", that would have benefited his case how exactly?
__________________
Worse than a million megaHitlers all smushed together.
 
Old April 18th, 2012 #2549
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Getting His Head Examined

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=197
As you claim to be Mr. Steele's staunchest advocate and supporter, who only wants what's best for the "poor man", that would have benefited his case how exactly?
He would have admitted that he did what the government said, and would have stopped this monstrous fraud that he has perpetrated upon White Nationalism. Then he could have gotten the medical treatment that he needs.
 
Old April 18th, 2012 #2550
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"
 
MikeTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: land of the Friedman, home of the Braverman
Posts: 13,329
MikeTodd
Default

Yeah, I've noticed that over the years, where honest and conscientious defense attorneys induce their clients to blab out full confessions to courthouse reporters in anterooms and holding cells as an effective defense strategy.
__________________
Worse than a million megaHitlers all smushed together.
 
Old April 18th, 2012 #2551
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile Good Observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that over the years, where honest and conscientious defense attorneys induce their clients to blab out full confessions to courthouse reporters in anterooms and holding cells as an effective defense strategy.
You are correct. When the client is obviously bat shit crazy as well as caught red handed, a good confession to the media helps greatly. It makes it a bunch easier to get that not-guilty by insanity verdict. The worst thing is that it brings attorney fees to a screeching halt. You can't bill when the client has been released to a mental health facility. Cyndi would also have to put away her begging bowl and get a job.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 18th, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old April 22nd, 2012 #2552
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Cyndi's Latest Interview

Steele's website posted the wrong link to Cyndi's latest interview on 13 April, 2012. The correct link is http://radio.rumormillnews.com/podca...ndisteele0.mp3 . She whines about the incompetence of McAllister that she helped choose. One small blessing of this mess is that Cyndi probably has come to hate lawyers.
 
Old April 23rd, 2012 #2553
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default More on Steele's Surgeries

http://stopnetspend.com/steele/day3.pdf

Here is more information on Steele's surgeries from Cyndi's testimony at 737-22-3 in the above transcript,.

He had an additional gastric bypass operation in 2008 after which he lost 100 pounds according to his pre-sentence report. The exact date is not known.

21 November, 2009 aortic aneurysm rupture
1st part of March, 2010 breast reduction liposuction
22 April, 2010 hernia (office surgery)
5 May, 2010 nose embolism (sic), [actually ruptured aneurysm]

The ruptured aortic aneurysm which nearly killed him and apparently made him go crazy occurred in November of 2009. His craziness is demonstrated by his having breast reduction liposuction done in early March of 2010. This is in spite of having a two foot long scar from heart surgery in the mid-line of his chest. His excuse at sentencing was that the surgery had already been paid for.

The exact type of hernia repair that he underwent in April is not known. While hernias are a common result of gastric bypass surgery, that would not likely be done in a doctor's office. It could have been an abdominal hernia and unrelated to his other problems. Since he has a weird appearance, it is possible that he could be suffering from Marfan's syndrome, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan%27s_syndrome . This causes both aneurysms and abdominal hernias see
Hernia Hernia
.

The nose aneurysm is likely to be a genetic counterpart to his ruptured aorta . They went in from behind his upper lip and installed some kind of titanium clip to stop an uncontrollable nosebleed. It is highly unlikely that he would suffer two aneurysms by accident.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old April 24th, 2012 #2554
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Another Love Triangle Pipe Bomb

Jury selection has just started in this case in San Diego. Thank G-d that it wasn't a White Nationalist involved. The police claim that other pipe bombs led police to the husband. Also note that the husband's supposed visits to bomb making websites were tracked. Fairfax testified that Steele had burned bomb making books after he read them. Presumably Steele was smart enough not to visit bomb making websites from his computer or it would have hung him when his computer was seized.

The numbers to throw away cell phones uses in other bombings in this case were supposedly found in the husband's cell phone.

This pipe bomb was the same size as the one found in Cyndi's truck. That bomb impresses me as likely being harmless. If this one did not kill the wife, I doubt that the Fairfax bomb would have penetrated the undercarriage of Cyndi's Mitsubishi. Secondary shrapnel must be very limited because the pressure inside a pipe bomb drops to near zero as soon as it ruptures.

It is another sign of Steele's insanity that he trusted Fairfax to do this job without experience and a prototype being built. I find dozens of stories about pipe bombs being found by police but few which actually went off and hurt someone.

Quote:
Wife Describes Fiery Car Bomb Attack, Affair
Larry Hoagland is accused of planting a pipe bomb that nearly killed his wife
By Michelle Wayland | Wednesday, Oct 19, 2011 | Updated 4:58 PM PDT

Source: Wife Describes Fiery Car Bomb Attack, Affair | NBC San Diego


Connie Hoagland testified at a preliminary hearing on Wednesday




Source: Wife Describes Fiery Car Bomb Attack, Affair | NBC San Diego

The wife of a man accused of booby-trapping her truck with a pipe bomb in an attempt to kill her testified Wednesday about the day of the explosion and a confession during her hospital stay of an affair he was having with another woman. “Kaboom. A very loud explosion” Connie Hoagland testified Wednesday. “My legs hurt, there was smoke filling up. My ears were ringing. It was so loud. And the screaming.”

Lawrence Gerald "Larry" Hoagland, 49, is charged with attempted murder in the Sept. 23, 2010 attack on his wife, Connie Hoagland. The explosion shook a Rancho San Diego neighborhood. Hoagland was arrested five days after the attack.

Connie Hoagland testified Wednesday that she left home early on Sept. 23 to take her son to school and then drove to her work, a daycare in Rancho San Diego. “I remember the morning of that day, when I got in the car to take [my son] to school, I noticed a wire hanging from the dashboard. I just told [him], ‘oh, remind me to tell your dad about that later,” said Hoagland.

At car-bombing suspect Larry Hoagland's arraignment on Thursday, a deputy district attorney alleged that the suspect had recently visited "several bomb making websites."

She says her husband called her around 4 p.m. that afternoon and something felt “weird.” “He asked if I was leaving yet and I said, ‘yes, I’m leaving. I’m almost about to leave,’ and then he said ‘well I should be home about 5.30,” she testified. “It was just odd to me… because he rarely came home that early and I usually had to call him and ask ‘when are you going to be home?’”

When she went to leave work that day, she says her car was already unlocked. “I thought wow, I know I locked that,” she testified. “I opened the door, threw my purse in and got in the truck, closed the door, put my key in the ignition, turned it over… and then kaboom!”

Connie says the pain was excruciating. “I just thought, I got to get out of here and as I turned to look out the truck window, it was starting to move and then I just pushed it open and there was somebody there to catch me and lay me in the street at that time,” she testified.

As she lay there, she says her feet were extremely painful. “I didn’t look at them. I felt like my toes were blown off,” she said. “Another dad who was in the daycare, he’s a policeman, I talked to him and asked him if my toes were still on my feet and he said ‘yes’.”

Connie was in hospital for 35 days. She suffered broken bones and burns. “My tibia had a big old gash in it. Shrapnel in the feet… bones were put together, a lot of staples in my feet, they put a rod in my foot with screws and later I had surgery, they took a muscle from my stomach and placed it on the top of my left foot,” she testified.

During her hospital stay, Connie says it felt like her husband wasn’t there very often. “Maybe at the foot of the bed. I was in and out of it too,” she said. “Once I remember he would bring in the iPad and kind of go over what people were saying, maybe people who were supporting. Not that many conversations.”

Then one day her daughter came into her room and handed her the phone. Her husband was at the other end. “Larry said ‘I just want you to know, before it gets out, that I’ve been having an affair. And it was like ‘ding.’ And then he said, but I’ve been dedicated to you since Thursday, the day of the explosion, and then he said ‘I didn’t do it’ and I just remember hanging up and a lot of thoughts went through my mind at that time,” she said. Connie says he didn’t tell her who the woman was, but she had an idea. “A few years earlier we had talked about it, I had accused him of having an affair with this person and he denied it… He would throw it back in my face, ‘no!’ And I said, well what do you want to do? And he says ‘I’m not going anywhere’,” she testified.

Prosecutors say the couple had "financial stress" and "relationship issues."
Connies says the couple had started the bankruptcy process in January 2010, but it was not finalized. She says there was no talk of divorce or separation.
“We were together. Married. Just trying to push on, getting the kids going. Just living life,” she said.

Prosecutor Danielle Hickman says the defendant had visited websites on how to make a bomb before the attack. Hoagland will face trial in November.
Hoagland pleaded not guilty at an arraignment last year. He’s charged with felony counts of attempted murder, explosion of a destructive device with intent to murder and explosion of a destructive device causing mayhem or great bodily injury. He faces life in prison if convicted.
 
Old April 24th, 2012 #2555
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Steele and Social Security

Thanks to this tip from Tintin I found another Negro in the woodpile. When I applied for social security at the age of 62 1/2, there were NO requirements for tax returns or income information.

Steele claims in the following extract from his Nickle Rant to have essentially no income on 11 July, 2007. He had turned 62 just three days before. He could have applied three months previously to get a check starting when he turned 62 and the rant sounds like that he did.

There are limitations on outside income from age 62 to age 65. Exceeding those limits causes social security to be reduced. Steele had to be talking about income before age 62 which is irrelevant.

We know from Cyndi's testimony that he was receiving social security when he was arrested just before he turned 65. She is being required to repay 9 months worth after he was convicted.

Quote:

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/dead.htm
July 11, 2007

........
Social Insecurity

On a side note, I recently applied for Social Security myself and was stunned to be denied benefits altogether because, despite providing my tax returns, and on no evidence whatsoever, they essentially have accused me of committing tax fraud by not reporting income - income sufficient to place me beyond the level that allows Social Security payments at age 62.

Imagine my situation well, because this is your not-so-distant future treatment, too. A denial of my paid-in-full retirement money based upon no evidence whatsoever (because there is none, of course - my income really is as nonexistent as my tax returns disclose).
.......
 
Old April 24th, 2012 #2556
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Steele's Family Medical Insurance

Steele claims to have $5,000 deductible medical insurance for his family. He himself should have had full Part B Medicare. That should have completely paid for all five of his surgeries.

Quote:
http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/storm.htm
April 23, 2008
.......
I have a $5,000-deductible health insurance plan, which means that I provide my family insurance coverage only for catastrophic events. I can't really afford it, but figure that I can't be without insurance altogether, just as so many Americans have been forced to do without. That means I must pay my little girl's ER visit of $750 out of my pocket, just as if I had no insurance at all. Thanks, Jose
 
Old April 25th, 2012 #2557
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,740
-JC
Default New Video: Edgar Steele Frame-up - Part 1 of 4...

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2012/04/what-to-read-part-2/#comments

Tom
April 23, 2012 - 1:00 pm | Permalink


@Tom Sunic
Tom here’s a video preview of a full length video being made about a White attorney from the Pacific Northwest who is being persecuted... This is not fiction.


 
Old April 25th, 2012 #2558
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Silly -JC Duplicates Propaganda Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC View Post
Tom here’s a video preview of a full length video being made about a White attorney from the Pacific Northwest who is being persecuted... This is not fiction.
Edgar Steele Frame-up - Part 1 of 4 - YouTube
-JC is up to his old ways of duplicating posts. He also didn't realize that this is a propaganda piece full of lies to swindle White Nationalists out of more of their money. This video has already been analyzed in depth.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 25th, 2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old April 25th, 2012 #2559
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Another Pipe Bomber Fails to Learn from Steele

This silly fool from San Diego failed to learn anything from Steele. When someone tries to blow a woman up with a pipe bomb, the husband is the first suspect. It is interesting that the bomb did not cause fatal injuries even though it was planted in the dashboard.

The Steele bomb was the same size as this one. It looks to me like it would not have penetrated the undercarriage of Cyndi's vehicle if it had gone off. As soon as the pipe ruptures, the gas vents and rapidly dissipates.

This is another sign of Steele being crazy since he did not demand that Fairfax make a prototype for testing. Note that cell phone records also figured prominently in this case.

Quote:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/17703227/p...aking-websites

Prosecutor: Man accused of booby-trapping wife's truck researched bomb-making websites

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 4:53 PM
Updated: Apr 24, 2012 4:53 PM

EL CAJON (CNS) - A Rancho San Diego man accused of booby-trapping his wife's pickup truck with a pipe bomb that detonated, causing her to suffer serious injuries, researched bomb-making websites several weeks beforehand, a prosecutor said Tuesday. Lawrence "Larry" Hoagland, 50, faces life in prison if convicted of premeditated attempted murder and other felony counts stemming from the Sept. 23, 2010, attack on his wife, Connie.

Deputy District Attorney Kurt Mechals told jurors in his opening statement that the 52-year-old woman was injured when the bomb went off as she left work at a daycare center about 4:20 p.m. The force of the explosion blew out windows in the victim's 2003 Ford truck and bent its roof upward, Mechals said.

Connie Hoagland had no enemies, but she and her husband of 25 years were $80,000 in debt, upside-down on their home mortgage and had filed for bankruptcy, the prosecutor said. One of her husband's partners in a photography business suspected he was having an affair with a Pennsylvania woman from high school and noticed the defendant was looking for a job in that state, Mechals told the jury.

On Sept. 8, 2010 -- the same day the defendant took a trip to Pennsylvania -- a bomb wired to a cell phone was found in the middle of the street near the Hoagland home on a road that the victim normally took, the prosecutor said. It did not go off. When the defendant was arrested five days after the bombing that injured his wife, investigators found numbers for cell phones linked to both devices, Mechals said.

Deputy Public Defender Tom Palmer told the jury that his client will testify that he did not build a bomb, didn't design a bomb, and never meant to harm his wife. "This is a 'who done it' case," the attorney said. The defendant was having an affair with a woman in Pennsylvania and planned to get a job there and leave San Diego quietly, Palmer said.

The defense attorney said the bombs involved in the Sept. 8. 2010, and Sept. 23, 2010, incidents were different. Palmer said the defendant didn't browse websites on how to make a bombs, but looked up the topic only once after watching a movie.
 
Old April 25th, 2012 #2560
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"
 
MikeTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: land of the Friedman, home of the Braverman
Posts: 13,329
MikeTodd
Default

Quote:
The Steele bomb was the same size as this one. It looks to me like it would not have penetrated the undercarriage of Cyndi's vehicle if it had gone off. As soon as the pipe ruptures, the gas vents and rapidly dissipates.
IIRC the device found under Mrs. Steele's car was comprised of totally inert materials and therefore not a "bomb" at all.
__________________
Worse than a million megaHitlers all smushed together.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.
Page generated in 0.18210 seconds.