Jimmy Dean
Whole Hog Sausage

Default Günter Deckert (Germany)

Günter Deckert
is a prominent german holocaust denier.
For this he has been imprisoned twice,
stripped of his PHD and pension
and banned from teaching.

"....In 1962 Deckert joined the Deutsche Jungdemokraten (Young German Democrats), the youth wing of the liberal FDP party. However he left the party in 1964 due to its recognising the Oder-Neisse line (Germany's eastern border with Poland), and in 1966 he joined the far-right NPD party.

From 1968 he was the party's district chairman for Mannheim. As a founding member of the Junge Nationaldemokraten (JN) (Young National Democrats, the NPD's youth wing) he became its state chairman for Baden-Württemberg in 1972. In the same year he was the NPD's parliamentary candidate for the Sinsheim constituency.

In 1975 he was elected to NPD deputy national chairman following nomination by the JN; his remit was the party's public relations/propaganda. From 1976 he was an NPD councillor in Weinheim and also stood in that year as a candidate for state-level government.

From 1978 to 1982 he was NPD chairman for the Rhein-Neckar district.

In 1979 he became a member of the "Committee for the Reintroduction of the Death Penalty".

From 1981 to 1991 he was an organiser for the "Palatinate Rally".

In 1981 he produced the brochure Ausländer-Stop - Handbuch gegen Überfremdung ("No More Foreigners - Handbook for Preventing Foreign Infiltration").

In 1982 Deckert officially left the NPD, in order to avoid the threat of being fired from teaching duty.

He promptly founded the "Deutsche Liste" ("German List"), which he represented on the local council in Weinheim in 1984.

In 1987 he produced the brochure Asyl - gestern, heute, morgen ("Asylum - Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow").

In 1988, after three internal disciplinary hearings relating to his far-right activities, he was finally sacked from the educational service.

In 1989 he was the leading NPD candidate at local elections in the Rhein-Neckar district and was elected to represent the Weinheim constituency, which he did until 1999.

On 18 January 1991 he re-joined the NPD and was elected to district chairman for Rhein-Neckar.

In June 1991 he was elected to NPD party chairman with around 73% of the vote.

On 10 November 1991 he co-organised, with Fred Leuchter, a "revisionist" meeting on the subject "Auschwitz" (Leuchter Report), in which he acted as translator and director.

On 13 November 1992 he was given a one-year probationary sentence and fined DM-10,000 by the state court of Mannheim, under Germany's laws relating to incitement to hatred (Volksverhetzung), incitement to racial hatred, libel, and insulting the victims of the Holocaust. Both Deckert and the prosecution service lodged an appeal against the sentencing.

In 1994 Deckert was the leading NPD candidate at the European Parliamentary elections. In the same year he ran for mayor of Schopfheim.

On 15 March 1994 Germany's federal court lifted the sentence that had been passed in Mannheim in 1992, deciding that the Mannheim court had not given due consideration to the facts. In particular it ruled that the charge of Volksverhetzung (incitement to hatred) had not been sufficiently proven. Nonetheless the court emphasised its previous legal declaration that the mass murder of Jews, carried out in the concentration camps of the Third Reich, is an open historical fact and requires no further empirical proof.

Since then Deckert has again been prosecuted for Volksverhetzung and other offences. On his return from holiday on 8 November 1995 he was arrested at Frankfurt airport and was detained in Mannheim, Stuttgart and Bruchsal until 2000.

On 8 August 2001 the newly founded Bürgerinitiative Ausländerstopp ("Citizens' Initiative - No More Foreigners") declared that Deckert would stand as their candidate for senior mayor of Nuremberg. According to local newspaper reports this voters' group was essentially a front for the local NPD.

In 2005 Deckert was NPD state chairman for Baden-Württemberg. At first he was the leading party list candidate for that state during the parliamentary elections of 2005. However his candidature (which was one of six) was withdrawn on a technicality in order to fulfil official requirements. First place went to the DVU member Sven Eggers.

Deckert was relieved from office after a meeting of the NPD's national board of directors in October 2005. The reason for this was given as a "non-democratic leadership style".

Since then Deckert has been expelled outright from the NPD, since he is perceived to "disturb the peace of the party" and endanger "the necessary minimum amount of inner-party closeness". The NPD's federal court of arbitration confirmed his expulsion in early March 2007.

Deckert is a founding member of the Deutsch-Europäische Studiengesellschaft (DESG) (the German-European Study Society).

One of Deckert's most publicly notable court appearances was the so-called "Deckert Judgement", his prosecution for Volksverhetzung and incitement to racial hatred by the state court of Mannheim in 1994. In his sentencing for this crime (for which his punishment was too mild according to adeclaration by Germany's federal court) it was written "... his political persuasion, a matter very close to his heart, is something he champions with great devotion and a tremendous expenditure of time and energy".

According to a declaration from Germany's federal intelligence agency Deckert is "among the most aggressive of the German revisionists"...."

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCnter_Deckert

More:
http://www.revisionists.com/revisionists/deckert.html
http://www.spearhead.com/0102-ib.html
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Germany/docs/DtBotsch201198.html
http://globalfire.tv/nj/04en/persecution/deckert.htm

Old February 3rd, 2008 #2
Jimmy Dean
Whole Hog Sausage

Default Re: Günter Deckert

PRISON AGAIN!

This Time For Smirking
While Saying The Word
"Holocaust"

Günter Deckert sentenced for calling the Jews a race

To: [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 9:32 PM

Subject: Appeal

In the Appeal before the Mannheim Landgericht - Regional Law Court in the case "the system brddr-Germany" against Günter Deckert who had used in a report the expression "Rasse- und Religionsgenossen" (comrades of race and religion) against the Jew and "boss" of the Nürnberg "Israelitische Kultusgemeinde, a certain Arno Hamburger, who had called Günter Deckert a criminal several times in public. Hamburger's comments were also published by the Nürnberg media.

As Günter Deckert was aggrieved over such a slur, he took Hamburger to court but the matter was rejected for a hearing, and in turn Deckert was given the legal treatment again with Hans-Heiko Klein leading the charge against Deckert.

This was interesting because it was not the DPP in Nürnberg that initiated legal action against Deckert, but the DPP's Hans-Heiko Klein in Mannheim, who had previously succeeded in getting Deckert sent to prison.

The appeal was a strange affair because from the beginning the judge and two Schöffen - male and female, and usually members of a political party - suggested that both aprties ought to withdraw their applications and settle the matter without it going to an appeal.

"The public prosecutor´s appeal asked for a prison sentence of 15 months compared to a fine of about 7500 Deutschmark handed down by the Weinheim county/district court), whilst Deckert's appeal aimed at an acquittal.

Deckert states:

"The judge's behaviour made it clear that he was willing to rule "Not guilty", but at best to refuse either appeal. After consulting my lawyer (possible costs, consequences for my family - prison again?) I agreed to the "deal" after "klein" had consented before, but insisted on having the amount of the fine discussed, as my personal financial situation had aggravated. "klein", to my surprise, consented again. - My lawyer pleaded for 10 € as a daily rate (x 150 days). "klein", again to my surprise, did not comment on that.

"The court adjourned to discuss the case, and returned about 20 minutes later. The presiding judge declared that they worked out a daily rate of 28 €, though the way and method of reachign this sum was not made clear. But he would not change the daily rate of 25 € of the former sentence (to be paid in a monthly rate of 100 €). This decision can be appealed against before the regional law court of Nordbaden at Karlsruhe. I am willing to do so, as the way and the method of the fine is hard to understand, and, above all, because my wife having nothing to do with the case, has been punished as well in the style of "Sippenhaft" (liability of all the members of a family).

"As I am still without personal income - I will have a small pension in a year's time - my wife already "feeding" me these past years, would have to pay for the daily rates, too.

"I therefore will have the possibility of converting the fine into a prison sentence (no more than three months ... - a "nothing" compared to the 49 months behind the bars + 11 months in the "open prison" that I have already endured.

"There is also the possibility of doing 150 "days" of community work.

"All the political friends and comrades present in court as well as my lawyer shared my opinion that the "deal" had already been worked out before between "klein" and the judge. So far there has been NO other evidence to explain the fact why "klein" and I have endured such a peaceful behaviour.

"I recall the long period I had to deal with the public prosecutor from the date I had been elected president of the NPD in June 1991 - see Deckert(-Leuchter) trials - to 1995. I plan to publish the whole case in form of a documentation (size A4 or A5) to inform a larger public. Anyone interested, please, contact me as soon as possible.

"I will send out an appeal for financial help once I known the total of the costs (law court, expert, lawyer), as at present I have no idea if it will be possible for me - as a nationwide known right-winger - to "work in a social institution". I myself would not have any problems in serving another two or three months of prison, but my family - wife, daughter, grand-children - sure do not want to hear anything about that.

"I will let you know when everything will be "on the table". - I ask you to inform your "friends and comrades" in which way you think suitable. I thank you. - Everybody is free to publish this text.

Sincerely yours

Günter Deckert

[email protected]
====================================

Günter Deckert

This German martyr was first sentenced to twenty-four months for irreverently abbreviating the word Holocaust to "Holo." He was given a further twenty-seven months for publishing the first judgment against him, and for words allegedly spoken by David Irving, which he did not in fact say (but which, according to the indictment, Mr Irving might have intended to say.) Another one month's jail was added because he compared the destruction of his home by a police unit to the methods of the [East German] "Stasi" secret police. Three more months were added, because he asked Mr Mannheimer some awkward questions about his stay at the Dachau concentration camp. The questions were awk-ward, because they confronted Mannheimer with evident contra-dictions. The basis for the Mann-heimer-sentence was "expressing doubts about the persecution" of a Holocaust survivor. The German regime punishes "doubts" with a minimum of three months jail. Thus, Germans are punished for doing something man inherits from nature - to doubt. Now, Deckert is convicted for calling the Jews a race!

Source:
http://globalfire.tv/nj/04en/persecution/deckert.htm

More:
http://www.revisionists.com/revisionists/deckert.html
http://www.spearhead.com/0102-ib.html
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Germany/docs/DtBotsch201198.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCnter_Deckert

Günter Deckert was a reporter at the Sylvia Stolz trial in Mannheim recently. You can read his account of the trial in the Sylvia Stolz thread of this sub-forum.

Old March 12th, 2012 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

[from Carolyn Yeager]

Günter Deckert Sentenced to Five Months of Prison for Translating Book

The following was written and sent to me by Günter Deckert, long-time Nationalist leader in Germany and friend of Holocaust Revisionism. I have taken the liberty to make some minor changes in the interests of making it better understood to the English language reader. Günter Deckert was born at Heidelberg in 1940. His father was killed as a soldier in the war. Günter was a successful and much-respected teacher before he was forced out of that profession because of his political views. He previously served five years in a German Federal prison in the 1990's for violation of Section 130 -- a so-called "speech crime." Günter Deckert is a husband, father and grandfather.

My “crime” this time… I made it possible that Carlo Mattogno´s Auschwitz – The First Gassings (Italian version 1992, English version 2002) could finally be published in German, too, in 2007.

Though most of the text in question had already been translated by one or two people, some pages in English as well as in Italian had been left. I finished the translation, did it over and tried to put the whole text into normal German. [The nature of] My co-operation to that German version is to be found on page 2 with the statement that I do not share the statements and conclusions of the author. (1)

Nevertheless, the political police (5 people) “raided” my home almost four years ago – it was my 12th “special visit”! They took my PC with them as well as two copies of the Mattogno book, one being my author´s copy, the other one being a copy sent to me by a German woman living in England -- she complained of the many misprints due to the fact that the Englishman setting it was without any German knowledge. Months later I got my PC back, broken. The action against me had been ordered by Mannheim prosecutor Grossmann after the “Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz” (Central Office for the Protection of the Constitution). Attention! We have only got a so-called Basic Law never approved / voted for by the German [s as a] sovereign [people]. In summer 2009 the accusation was accepted by the “Amtsgericht” (county court) of Weinheim, my home town. I was without a lawyer because [it was] NOT necessary. As I only wanted to see what the single sitting judge “made” out of the accusation, I did not bring in a lot of paper work. Thus, the trial was over in one day. I got four months on probation (for three years) plus a fine of 600 Euros, and [also have] to pay for the costs.

Prosecutor Grossmann, who had wanted six months of prison, appealed, as did I. Now it was the term of the Mannheim District Court (“Landgericht” Mannheim), the Nürnberg of a lot of German revisionists.(2) A minor court (“Kleine Strafkammer”) consisting of one professional judge, a certain Roos as president, plus two jurors (about my age) is the rule if you start with a county court. And therefore you are not forced to have a lawyer.

The Mannheim trial started on November 14, 2011 and finished on February 2, 2012. It resulted in those five months of prison, without probation. The trial took this long a time because I had changed my tactics in order to make the court understand why I was in favour of revisionism. I gave all the reasons and proofs still possible to be brought forward before a court without being accused again.

At the beginning it seemed that Judge Roos had doubts as to the problem of “publicity" or “diffusion” of the book necessary to sentence a person. But in the end he jumped upon the suggestion of prosecutor Grossmann, stating that the possibility of coming across the book via the internet fulfilled what §130 demanded.

In February, on day 6, I was sentenced to those five months of prison as stated before. At the very end of the session, I declared that I will have this sentence revised by the Karlsruhe based regional district court (“Oberlandesgericht”). This declaration has to be made within a week! After being sent the written sentence which is not yet the case, I will have one month to give reasons for my revision. If I am lucky (?), the regional district court will not decide before the end of the year. And if I lose again, there is still the possibility of going to the so-called “Bundesverfassungsgericht” (Federal Constitutional Court ) in Karlsruhe .

Reports of the trial, above all the one of day 6, were to be found nationwide, naturally not objective at all. Our “democracy" with its “guaranteed basic rights” is pure theory; the everyday reality is the other way round.

Those interested in learning more may ask for the six trial reports plus some of my motions. The English translation of the reports etc., done by Carlos W. Porter, will soon be finished. People can get them either via an e-mail attachment (free of costs, donations welcome) from [email protected] or via snail mail (about 30 pages A4 for 10 dollars) from Günter Deckert – Pf. 100 245, (D) 69442 Weinheim an der Bergstraße, Germany.

(1) Lawyers that I asked recommended that I include that statement -- thinking that it would prevent the “system” from prosecuting me. Lawyers are of NO real use if it is a §130 case! You cannot bring proofs to convince the court -- if you do so, another accusation is the result!

(2) Zündel, Rudolf, Stolz – I have only 3 copies (in German) left of the documentation “Die Mannheimer etzer-Prozesse (§130: “Holo….”(-Leugnung) 2005 – 2009 gegen Ernst Zündel, Germar Rudolf, Sylvia Stolz“ – 304 pages, some in English taken out of The Barnes Review and The First Freedom, soft cover, $30 USD, shipping included. Send money in recommended letter which has proved to be fine and working.

Carolyn Yeager
[email protected]

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 12th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Old March 12th, 2012 #4
Rounder

The most compelling proof the holocaust is a big lie, glares bright in the persecution of thousands of Germans for merely questioning the lie.

Still, resistance is alive and well in Germany.

Following Iran's World Conference on the holocaust, and massive worldwide media attention to it, David Duke was consequently invited on many TV and radio talk shows. Here's the video of one of his TV appearances. Super effective performance with large attention given to imprisoned Germans. Well worth viewing:

Last edited by Rounder; March 12th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.

Old April 29th, 2013 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

The Trial of Guenter Deckert by Sylvia Stolz (English translation by Christine B. Miller)
April 26, 2013 by admin 1 Comment

http://www.radicalpress.com/?p=2392

[text posted in The Legal Situation in Germany thread]

Old April 4th, 2022 #7
alex revision

Günter Deckert 1940-2022

April 1, 2022

H&D is shocked and saddened to report that our great friend and comrade Günter Deckert, former leader of Germany’s nationalist party NPD, has died aged 82. In fact those readers who knew Günter will appreciate that we could never really believe he was 82 years old, let alone that he has died. Günter always seemed the most energetic and committed comrade in the room, even when surrounded by fellow nationalists decades younger.

Born in January 1940 Günter Deckert developed a talent for languages as a very young man, first visiting London and staying with an English family in the 1950s (which was also when he first encountered British nationalists, when he happened upon a street rally of Sir Oswald Mosley’s Union Movement). He went on to study English, French and other languages at the universities of Heidelberg, Kiel and Montpellier.

For twenty years (from 1968 to 1988) he taught English and French at German schools and colleges, until he was dismissed for political reasons. In fact the authorities had tried three times to dismiss him, but the first two attempts were defeated in the courts.

Some readers might be surprised that his initial political activism was with West Germany’s liberal party the Free Democrats (FDP) in the early 1960s, though at that time (for complicated historical reasons) it was not unusual for German nationalists (and for that matter old national-socialists) to be in the FDP.

Günter first joined the NPD in 1966 and was active during its most successful election campaigns of the late 1960s, when the party was led by Mosley’s close friend and ally Adolf von Thadden. He was a parliamentary (Bundestag) candidate for the first time in 1972 and went on to contest many federal, state and local elections. One of his best election results was in 1974 when he received more than 25% of the vote in Weinheim’s mayoral election. From 1975 to 1999 and from 2019 until his death he was a municipal councillor in Weinheim, sometimes for the NPD and sometimes for the ‘Deutsche Liste’ which he created during a time when he was forced to relinquish NPD membership.

Just a few weeks before he died, Günter posted his party’s official video response to the Weinheim city council budget and would have been an election candidate again this year. Last month (shortly before his illness) he was expelled from the council chamber by police for allegedly ‘racist’ comments during a speech criticising the council budget.

Günter was elected leader of the NPD – Germany’s largest nationalist party – in 1991, and remained party leader until 2005.

Following a conference in 1991 where Günter was translator for the American revisionist Fred Leuchter, he was prosecuted for ‘inciting racial hatred’. Even though he was actually translating someone else’s words, prosecutors argued that he had translated too sympathetically and had therefore committed a crime.

Günter’s case was a landmark in German legal history, because though at first convicted he won on appeal. This victory was because the appeal court ruled ‘Holocaust denial’ was not by itself criminal. In response the German parliament changed the law, making ‘Holocaust denial’ itself an offence. Consequently Günter was tried again in 1995, convicted and sentenced to five years in prison.

He was imprisoned at Bruchsal from 1995 to 2000, then again for five months at Mannheim prison early in 2013.

Günter Deckert was my first German comrade. We first met in 1993 when he addressed the BNP annual rally, and we later spoke together on many platforms in Britain, Germany and France. He addressed numerous meetings of British comrades in London, Yorkshire and elsewhere in England.

Last autumn we met (and were again fellow speakers) for the last time. It seems impossible to believe that I shall never see Günter Deckert again, but his irrepressible spirit will continue to inspire our activism for decades to come.

An obituary to Günter Deckert will appear in the next edition of H&D.

Thread