VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 14th, 2011 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default Simon Sheppard released

Quote:
A man jailed for inciting racial hatred online in a landmark case is being released after serving less than half his sentence.

Simon Sheppard, 53, was arrested in 2008 after police traced a leaflet called "Tales of the Holohoax," which had been pushed through the door of Blackpool Reform Synagogue, to a post office box in Hull, registered to Sheppard.

He was charged with Stephen Whittle, 44, from Preston, with publishing, possessing and potentially distributing racially inflammatory material.

Sheppard, from north Yorkshire, ran Heretical Press, a website which featured racist material, some of it written by Whittle.

Sheppard was found guilty on 16 counts in January 2009 after he was tried in absentia when he and Whittle fled to Los Angeles mid-way through the trial. In June that year they were deported back to Britain.

Sheppard was sentenced to four years and 10 months and Whittle to two years and four months in July 2009, but in January 2010 the sentences were reduced, Sheppard's by one year and Whittle's by six months.

According to the far-right British People's Party website, Sheppard will be released next week but will be banned from accessing the internet.

The BPP website also claims that Whittle was initially released last year but was allegedly caught on the internet in breach of his bail conditions and sent back to prison.
h t t p://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/48825/race-hate-website-mans-jail-release

Old May 19th, 2011 #2
Jurgenmac
Banned

Default Simon Sheppard released

Simon Sheppard was released from prison yesterday, but will spend the next
two
years in a bail hostel under supervision by probation service and police.
At
least he will have some freedom, but in some ways he will be worse off - as
letters and phone calls to the hostel will be more closely monitored, than
the
private prison he has been in for the last eight months.

www.heretical.com

Old May 19th, 2011 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Thanks for the update. I had it in my head it was today he was coming out.

Old May 19th, 2011 #4
X.I.
Aggressive low-life.

I went to see Simon yesterday. He's in good spirits and in a largely White area and, obviously, very pissed off at being banned from the internet for the next 24 months. He'd like to thank all those who sent him messages of support during his time inside and promises to get round to thanking you all by letter or phone in person.

Thread