VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Movies
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 10th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Feminists to give films with strong female character a 'F' rating (for 'Fail')

Bath's 24th Film Festival to introduce new 'F' rating

Will be given to films with strong female lead, director, producer or writer

Only 19 of the 42 films to be shown have been given an 'F' rating

Speaking to the MailOnline, festival producer says she hopes to start conversation on the gender inequality in film industry

| Updated: 11:03 EST, 9 November 2014

As well as standard age ratings such as PG, 12A and 18 we may soon be seeing films given an additional rating based on its depiction of female characters.

The Bath Film Festival has announced that it will be introducing a new 'F' rating when it opens for its 24th year later this week, which will indicate that a film either has a strong female protagonist, director or screenwriter or addresses women's issues.

This rating takes forward the idea of the 'Bechdel test', which festival organisers believe is too restrictive, and aims to counteract the gender stereotyping of women that is so prominent in the film industry.

The 'Bechdel test' was developed by cartoonist and US feminist Alison Bechdel and monitors whether at least two female characters talk to each other about subjects other than men.

Cinemas in Sweden embraced the guidance system, last year introducing an ‘A’ rating to highlight films that failed the Bechdel test and so are deemed to have a shortage of ‘female perspectives’.

However the organisers of this years Bath Film Festival felt that the rating was lacking, prompting them to introduce their 'F' rating, which is held by only 19 of the 42 films being shown during the festival, including Reese Witherspoon's new film 'Wild', My Old Lady starring Maggie Smith and Testament of Youth which is Vera Brittain’s story of life during WW1.

--- snip ---

read full article at source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-Festival.html

Old November 10th, 2014 #2
SaraT

They need to also institute a "C" rating to warn viewers that a movie contains obnoxious, bloviating feminist cunts.

Old November 10th, 2014 #3
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraT View Post
They need to also institute a "C" rating to warn viewers that a movie contains obnoxious, bloviating feminist cunts.
In a way it's better, you know you must avoid it from the get-go.

Last edited by Chad Wentworth; November 10th, 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Old November 11th, 2014 #4
Ray Allan

I usually avoid films that you hear on TV ads the critics "are raving about". Since most film critics are leftist jews praising garbage other jews produce, it makes sense to not watch it.

Old November 11th, 2014 #5
A.W. Gilmore

I wouldn't worry about feminists anymore. They are now irrelevant apart from the jewish money that supports them in limited fashion.

More worrying is why white men seem to have lost their balls... completely.

Old January 3rd, 2015 #6
Alyss
vnn member

Omg, seriously?

The Third Reich employed famous female test pilot, female director too film propaganda doco and movie stars without this stupid empowered feminists Bull shit!

Old January 3rd, 2015 #7
Jae Manzel

Talking

I can't remember since when i've stopped watching movies. I think if everyone were like me, hollyweird would have long been bankrupt and gone out of business

Thread