VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 20th, 2009 #61
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSanguine View Post
...Women are having to work outside of the home as well as taking care of the house, kids, and making sure dinner is on the table. This is why women have the independent attitudes that they do today, they do the work of the man plus the female work that is expected of them from their man. Men just can't seem to understand that though. 8-5 and have a beer at the bar with their buddies while their wife is working 24/7.

Sniffle...Sniffle...Thats a real tear jerker there.

Women have to work because they can't drive a car more than 5 years old, can't pass by a Starbucks without dropping in for a $10 coffee twice a day, can't live without a drawer full of panties that cost $20 each and a rack full of $100 a pair shoes, and the walk in closet full of name brand clothes they have to change every season to keep up with "fashion". It costs a lot of money to be a woman, its no wonder they have to "work" all day to earn that disposable income to satisfy their neurosis to "keep up" or stay ahead of all the other females.

Woe is the poor woman, they have it so tough! You men just don't understand!!!

Old June 20th, 2009 #62
SSanguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Farnsworth View Post
Sniffle...Sniffle...Thats a real tear jerker there.

Women have to work because they can't drive a car more than 5 years old, can't pass by a Starbucks without dropping in for a $10 coffee twice a day, can't live without a drawer full of $20 panties and a rack full of $100 a pair shoes, and a closet full of name brand clothes they have to change every season to keep up with "fashion". It costs a lot of money to be a woman, its no wonder they have to "work" all day to earn that disposable income to satisfy their neurosis to "keep up" or stay ahead of all the other females.

Woe is the poor woman, they have it so tough! You men just don't understand!!!

You're pathetic if you think that all women are like that. It's a struggle enough for a couple working full time jobs to raise 1 kid let alone three. My parents worked full time and then some to raise 5 kids. I don't know what world you're living in, but it doesn't sound like reality to me. More like you're talking about the independent single career women that lives in the city where they serve their coffee with an extra grip so you won't burn your precious hands.

You just be ignert JoeBob.

Old June 20th, 2009 #63
Duke Mitchell
Banned

How about some examples:

Man - 25 cent bar of soap and some generic shampoo.

Woman - $10 a bottle "body wash" and $50-$75 worth of salon only shampoo and conditioners, not to mention how much more in makeup and perfume? And don't even factor in the beauty salon trips. OMG.

The money that women waste is enough to make anyone cry when they actually sit down and calculate it.

Old June 20th, 2009 #64
Mark
Banned

Quote:
How about some examples:

Woman - $10 a bottle "body wash" and $50-$75 worth of salon only shampoo and conditioners, not to mention how much more in makeup and perfume? And don't even factor in the beauty salon trips. OMG.

The money that women waste is enough to make anyone cry when they actually sit down and calculate it.
That is true. It's common among feminine products or products aimed at women to always be priced higher. Because they know women will pay more, and want to pay more, as it makes them think it's more valuable.

Old June 20th, 2009 #65
SSanguine

Quote:
How about some examples:

WHERE can you buy a bar of soap for 25cents? Unless you have a time machine and can go back a hundred years!?! Ha! I make soap myself, so I don't have this expense you talk about. Also, most women will pickup the cheap sweet smelling shampoo before they spend $45 on a bottle of it. Women are MORE likely to be spending money on their children and groceries. I am not factoring salon trip either, because we all cut each others hair in my family and I know a lot of people who do the same thing or go to a local hairdresser. My hair is long and the last time I had my hair trimmed it was $12.00 Yay, big spenders.

Once again, you fail to represent the majority of average women, but accurately describe the single-city-career-woman.

Old June 20th, 2009 #66
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
WHERE can you buy a bar of soap for 25cents? Unless you have a time machine and can go back a hundred years!?! Ha! I make soap myself,
SSanguine knows her soap.

Old June 20th, 2009 #67
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:
WHERE can you buy a bar of soap for 25cents? Unless you have a time machine and can go back a hundred years!?! Ha! I make soap myself, so I don't have this expense you talk about. Also, most women will pickup the cheap sweet smelling shampoo before they spend $45 on a bottle of it. Women are MORE likely to be spending money on their children and groceries. I am not factoring salon trip either, because we all cut each others hair in my family and I know a lot of people who do the same thing or go to a local hairdresser. My hair is long and the last time I had my hair trimmed it was $12.00 Yay, big spenders.

Once again, you fail to represent the majority of average women, but accurately describe the single-city-career-woman.

4 bar pack at the 99 cent store. Or 79 cents a bar at Walgreens. And you can get a liter of knockoff baby shampoo for 99 cents too.

I'm just reporting back on what I see at the local Albertsons supermarket. Someone is buying all these grossly overpriced items or else they wouldn't be stocking them.

Don't get me started on groceries. $3.99 a pound for most produce. I don't see any men buying the groceries. Infact I don't think any man would ever pay $3.99 a pound for some apples or whatever else, they can only get away with this because its women who make the decision whether to buy.

Here in the city, most women pay $50 before they get out the door at the salon. And thats at least twice a month.

Again, someone is paying these prices or else I would not be seeing them and they would be going out of business.

When you calculate up how much women waste it's easy to see why todays family needs a 2 person income.

Old June 20th, 2009 #68
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Women have to work because they can't drive a car more than 5 years old
I will be getting a new head gasket and valve job on my VW. It has 271,000 miles on it and has been one reliable car.

There was a brief time when I contemplated purchasing another small, used car but think the repair on the VW is the way to go since most everything else on it has been replaced. It's not a looker but it's cheap travel and I know what I've got in terms of condition and repair.

Since the head gasket blew over a year and a half ago I've taken it to Atlanta several times, Shreveport and most of Louisiana, and New Orleans several times. I used two cans of KW Block Sealant and fixed the head gasket but now the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking and it makes a bit of noise. I don't want the attention and will get the head gasket fixed and by default will get a new exhaust m. gasket.

The more you know ...

Last edited by OTPTT; June 20th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Old June 20th, 2009 #69
Elizabeth Fragale

I think both sexes are guilty of wasting money. Many women do spend too much on hair, makeup, and clothes. But a lot of men spend even more on useless electronics, video games, car modifications, and restaurant meals. The kind of man that wastes thousands of dollars would be attracted to the same kind of woman.

It's not that any one of those material things are bad, and shouldn't be bought. But each sex has it's own way of going overboard and not using moderation in their budgets.

Old June 20th, 2009 #70
SSanguine

Quote:
4 bar pack at the 99 cent store. Or 79 cents a bar at Walgreens. And you can get a liter of knockoff baby shampoo for 99 cents too.

I'm just reporting back on what I see at the local Albertsons supermarket. Someone is buying all these grossly overpriced items or else they wouldn't be stocking them.

Don't get me started on groceries. $3.99 a pound for most produce. I don't see any men buying the groceries. Infact I don't think any man would ever pay $3.99 a pound for some apples or whatever else, they can only get away with this because its women who make the decision whether to buy.

Here in the city, most women pay $50 before they get out the door at the salon. And thats at least twice a month.

Again, someone is paying these prices or else I would not be seeing them and they would be going out of business.

When you calculate up how much women waste it's easy to see why todays family needs a 2 person income.
Orchards and farmer's markets offer produce for a lot less than the chain grocrey stores. It's important to be a smart shopper and do what you can at home. Gardens and fruit trees if you have the land to grow them. Grow enough fruit and veggies so it's possible to do enough canning to last you through the off-season.

Elizabeth is right, both sexes can be guilty of wasting money on stupid things. You think that women need a new car, what about these guys who waste money on fixing up their old trucks, buying bass boats, guns guns guns and more guns, televisions, and other "manly" things. It's because of women that women have to go out and work a full time job along with raising there family and dealing with cooking meals and taking care of the man. Yah, that makes a lot of sense, we would rather work 50 hours a week, being the woman/mother/wife/cook/laundry maid/house maid/nurse... All so we can have $50 worth of shampoo and get our hair done. Duhhhhh.

You seem to be bitching about women a lot, but the reality is much more difficult and deeper than your ravings. Sounds like another bitter man who was taken advantage of by some harpy.

Last edited by SSanguine; June 20th, 2009 at 05:24 PM.

Old June 20th, 2009 #71
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:
Orchards and farmer's markets offer produce for a lot less than the chain grocrey stores. It's important to be a smart shopper and do what you can at home. Gardens and fruit trees if you have the land to grow them. Grow enough fruit and veggies so it's possible to do enough canning to last you through the off-season.
It's nice of you to offer that solution, but Farmers markets and roadside stands cannot supply the entire nation. Prices remain high in the traditional sales venues because females will pay that much money in the supermarket for those items, if they didn't the merchandise would not move and retailers would naturally lower prices until their merchandise began moving.

Quote:
Elizabeth is right, both sexes can be guilty of wasting money on stupid things. You think that women need a new car, what about these guys who waste money on fixing up their old trucks, buying bass boats, guns guns guns and more guns, televisions, and other "manly" things.
Those are one time purchases on goods that last quite a long time versus females who purchase high price consumable products regularly. I agree young men waste a lot of money on car mods, but I do not believe it is nearly as wide spread as the average habits of most female consumers.

Quote:
It's because of women that women have to go out and work a full time job along with raising there family and dealing with cooking meals and taking care of the man. Yah, that makes a lot of sense, we would rather work 50 hours a week, being the woman/mother/wife/cook/laundry maid/house maid/nurse... All so we can have $50 worth of shampoo and get our hair done. Duhhhhh.
60 years ago a woman had a 8 foot by 10 foot room in the back of the house called a kitchen and turned out 3 meals a day to feed her family and never complained a bit about it. Now we have women who have new homes with gigantic open air kitchens right in the family room with a 6 burner viking commercial style stainless steel stove and 15 thousand dollars worth of cherry wood cabinets and she complains about how hard her life is to have to slave over the microwave punching in the time settings to prepare dinner on the nights that they don't eat out.

Quote:
You seem to be bitching about women a lot, but the reality is much more difficult and deeper than your ravings. Sounds like another bitter man who was taken advantage of by some harpy.
I just call it like I see it.

Old June 20th, 2009 #72
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Laleh Yasamifar wasn't shy about ticking off her spending habits.

"I had to cut back to $1,000 a month for clothes and shoes, but it used to be $2,000 to $3,000 a month," said the 27-year-old mortgage account executive.

Yasamifar said she "can't say no to anything Prada and Miu Miu," and buys $100 T-shirts at Ron Herman, $300 jeans by brands like Acne, Stitch's, and 575 and $500 shoes by Sergio Rossi, Yves Saint Laurent and Jimmy Choo.

Women also spend more on their wardrobes and salon services (spa, nails and hair) than men. In Orange County, $1 billion was spent on personal-care products and services. Of that, $142 million went toward hair-care products and $165 million to cosmetics, perfume and bath products.

For Jodi LeJenne of Costa Mesa, the "B" word leaves a bad taste in her mouth.

"Budget? Are you kidding me? I'm a woman!" said LeJenne.

The 35-year-old said she spends about $500 to $1,000 a month on clothes from Banana Republic and Ann Taylor and shoes from Target and Off Broadway. She avoids buying trendy clothes, opting for classics that she can wear to work and to go out.

"If I like a pair of slacks or a shirt, I'll buy four or five in different colors," she said.

She also happily plunks down about $40 for manicures and pedicures every two weeks and every few months she pays $90 for facials and $110 for massages.

"Once or twice a year I'll splurge and get the $300 or $400 all-day spa package at The Montage to make me feel like a rock star, like Heather Locklear," said LeJenne.

Not everyone can afford to or maybe even want to spend that kind of money.

Ben Frank of Newport Beach said it helps that he gets his haircuts free from a friend.

"I spend about $200 a month on clothes," said Frank, who works as a banker. "I would spend more if I had the money."
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1221354.php

Old June 20th, 2009 #73
SSanguine

Quote:
60 years ago a woman had a 8 foot by 10 foot room in the back of the house called a kitchen and turned out 3 meals a day to feed her family and never complained a bit about it. Now we have women who have new homes with gigantic open air kitchens right in the family room with a 6 burner viking commercial style stainless steel stove and 15 thousand dollars worth of cherry wood cabinets and she complains about how hard her life is to have to slave over the microwave punching in the time settings to prepare dinner on the nights that they don't eat out.

I just call it like I see it.
60 years ago a man brought home enough money so his wife could be in the home all day and cook 3 meals. Women aren't at home all day anymore, they go to work and come home, the man still expects dinner and a clean house and a backrub, BUT the woman has just had a strenuous day at work too. She has had to take on a man's responsibilities as well as her own and this is not something every woman does by choice, but by necessity. I know plenty of families who are just scraping by with both parents working full time.

How many women have a viking stove top, we're lucky to get a used Kenmore Elite on sale at Sears?!? That's Martha Stewart BS right there and IT IS NOT the way that the MAJORITY of people live. That's just not a part of the average white American's way of life.

I don't know what planet you came from or how you got here, but if you're calling it 'how you see it' then you must be as blind as a bat or you've never left the city.

Old June 20th, 2009 #74
cillian

If every woman stopped working it would create a worker shortage and drive up wages so families actually could live on one income.

Old June 20th, 2009 #75
SSanguine

Quote:
Laleh Yasamifar wasn't shy about ticking off her spending habits.

"I had to cut back to $1,000 a month for clothes and shoes, but it used to be $2,000 to $3,000 a month," said the 27-year-old mortgage account executive.

Yasamifar said she "can't say no to anything Prada and Miu Miu," and buys $100 T-shirts at Ron Herman, $300 jeans by brands like Acne, Stitch's, and 575 and $500 shoes by Sergio Rossi, Yves Saint Laurent and Jimmy Choo.

Women also spend more on their wardrobes and salon services (spa, nails and hair) than men. In Orange County, $1 billion was spent on personal-care products and services. Of that, $142 million went toward hair-care products and $165 million to cosmetics, perfume and bath products.

For Jodi LeJenne of Costa Mesa, the "B" word leaves a bad taste in her mouth.

"Budget? Are you kidding me? I'm a woman!" said LeJenne.

The 35-year-old said she spends about $500 to $1,000 a month on clothes from Banana Republic and Ann Taylor and shoes from Target and Off Broadway. She avoids buying trendy clothes, opting for classics that she can wear to work and to go out.

"If I like a pair of slacks or a shirt, I'll buy four or five in different colors," she said.

She also happily plunks down about $40 for manicures and pedicures every two weeks and every few months she pays $90 for facials and $110 for massages.

"Once or twice a year I'll splurge and get the $300 or $400 all-day spa package at The Montage to make me feel like a rock star, like Heather Locklear," said LeJenne.

Not everyone can afford to or maybe even want to spend that kind of money.

Ben Frank of Newport Beach said it helps that he gets his haircuts free from a friend.

"I spend about $200 a month on clothes," said Frank, who works as a banker. "I would spend more if I had the money."
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1221354.php
That's not even a good comparison. Yasamifar? WTF is that? Costa Mesa?

Once again, you're failing terribly at seeing the point. Most women have never even head of Miu Miu or Yves Saint Laurent unless they live in a big city or subscribe to Harper's Bazaar or Vogue. Ridiculous, these women don't even sound white AND they are obviously CAREER women who live in the CITY. These article proves only that career women living in the city are vain and selfish and spend all of their money on designer fashions, and that the guy isn't a fag whose into buying the overpriced garb to snag himself another dude.

Old June 20th, 2009 #76
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:
60 years ago a man brought home enough money so his wife could be in the home all day and cook 3 meals. Women aren't at home all day anymore, they go to work and come home, the man still expects dinner and a clean house and a backrub...

Men bring home the same money today that they did back then. The difference is a WOMAN will not live in a little house with a little kitchen. She wants a humongous vanity kitchen she can show off and rarely use, a kind of kitchen that is a sort of a shire to herself. She wants humongous rooms that need to be heated and air conditioned. She wants a carnivorous walk in closet to put all her clothes.

Women in previous generations did not demand this much luxury, and so a mans income was enough.

Also, now that hundreds of millions of women go out and work for that extra spending money to blow, the landlord knows they now have two incomes and accordingly doubles the rent! And real estate agents know that there are two incomes as well, and so they double the prices of houses because they know that there is more money in their pockets and that means double the commission for their pockets.

Small towns all across this country are dying because young women turn 18 and make a mad dash for the city where all the big malls are and where they can get all the high price luxuries that they desire on a regular and more convenient basis. Men are left to either go celibate or follow the females to the city abandoning their former ways of life.

Old June 20th, 2009 #77
SSanguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
If every woman stopped working it would create a worker shortage and drive up wages so families actually could live on one income.
No, wages would drop because more mexicans would be hired in place of women. Then white families would be starving and unable to pay the note on their house, car, etc. Wouldn't be able to afford the steep and rising prices of fuel, propane, electricity and water. One spouse's paycheck usually pays for the house/car while the other pays for the house bills, insurance, and groceries.

That is a dumb idea and not well thought out at all.

Old June 20th, 2009 #78
cillian

Quote:
No, wages would drop because more mexicans would be hired in place of women. Then white families would be starving and unable to pay the note on their house, car, etc. Wouldn't be able to afford the steep and rising prices of fuel, propane, electricity and water. One spouse's paycheck usually pays for the house/car while the other pays for the house bills, insurance, and groceries.

It's not an idea as in a plan of action, simply rules of economics, supply and demand, more jobs than workers means employers need to entice employees. Never said it would be easy to implement.

Old June 20th, 2009 #79
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:

Oh, thanks for bringing that up. Without women working there would be half as much traffic every morning and afternoon. A family would only have to pay for expenses on 1 car and only have 1 car to insure, and would only burn half as much fuel, slashing the nation's dependence on foreign oil in half.

And who drives all these big gas guzzling SUV's the Liberals always complain about? Women!

Old June 20th, 2009 #80
SSanguine

Quote:
Men bring home the same money today that they did back then. The difference is a WOMAN will not live in a little house with a little kitchen. She wants a humongous vanity kitchen she can show off and rarely use, a kind of kitchen that is a sort of a shire to herself. She wants humongous rooms that need to be heated and air conditioned. She wants a carnivorous walk in closet to put all her clothes.

Women in previous generations did not demand this much luxury, and so a mans income was enough.

Also, now that hundreds of millions of women go out and work for that extra spending money to blow, the landlord knows they now have two incomes and accordingly doubles the rent! And real estate agents know that there are two incomes as well, and so they double the prices of houses because they know that there is more money in their pockets and that means double the commission for their pockets.

Small towns all across this country are dying because young women turn 18 and make a mad dash for the city where all the big malls are and where they can get all the high price luxuries that they desire on a regular and more convenient basis. Men are left to either go celibate or follow the females to the city abandoning their former ways of life.

Either you live in a bubble or you are just too retarded to see that times have changed and it takes two people working full time to pay for and raise a family.

Men make the same salaries eh? I suppose that the inflation in our economy has had no effect on what their salaries can pay for? Are we all upposed to deny our children apples, oranges, and peaches their entire childood because you're manly salary can't afford them? An average man's salary today is not enough to raise a healthy family on without worrying about bills and grocery money.

This is not Leave it to Beaver.

Thread