VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 7th, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Joachim Witt

What do you think about Joachim Witt (those who are familiar with him ?) . . . .

For those who aren't familar , short background . .

He was a German music star of the 80s ( "Neue Deutsche Welle" ) and then made a comeback at the end of the 90s , jumping upon the bandwagon of what became generally known as 'Neue Deutsche Härte' , music ā la Rammstein . .

As one can imagine , like Rammstein , he is also in the critique of being a 'right-winger' for joining the 'Neue Deutsche Härte' movement , in fact many embracing the 'Neue Deutsche Härte' are . . .

And , for real , he seems indeed fascinated with German culture , his lyrics range from allusions to old German lores to open patriotism . .

Also, notice something here ?

First of all , the record is called 'Bayreuth' ( could be interpreted as an allusion to the place where the Richard Wagner festivals are staged in Germany and , as we all know, Wagner was an antisemite . . .) , second , the dominating colours of the cover are black - white -red ( ) . . .

I own two of his CDs . . His lyrics in general deal , on paper , with romanticism with more often than not allusions to Christian mythology or even Germanic heathen images . . .

. .

Do you think , if at least not in the open ( for obvious reasons . . .) he could be a 'crypto-right-winger' . . . ?

By the way , a while ago I did a thread here about the origins of Hip Hop going back to an ancient Aryan art form of rhythmic poetry . . .

Witt pretty much does that . . .

Examples . . .

I might add that his lyrics are quite poetical . . .

What do you think ?

Thread