VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 4th, 2013 #1
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Default Northern California county votes for secession from state

Calif. county votes for secession from state

Quote:
Supervisors in a far Northern California county where residents are fed up with what they see as a lack of representation at the state capitol and overregulation have voted in favor of separating from the state.

The Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 on Tuesday for a declaration of secession, the Record Searchlight of Redding reported (http://bit.ly/1cFTqUG ). The vote appears mostly symbolic since secession would require approval from the state Legislature and the U.S. Congress, but supporters say it would restore local control over decision making. They want other rural counties in Northern California and Southern Oregon to join them in the creation of a new state called the State of Jefferson.

Old October 2nd, 2013 #2
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Interesting. I was born and raised in Siskiyou County and most of my relatives are there. There has been an undercurrent of dislike for California there for a long time, several generations. The State of Jefferson movement has existed there since I can remember.

I live just across the state line in Klamath County, Oregon. A lot of the same sentiment exists here toward Oregon, but not as strong as Siskiyou Co.

Long live the sovereign State of Jefferson.

Old October 22nd, 2013 #3
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As I remember, there's long been talk of splitting up the state into North and South, ala Carolina, Dakota, etc.

Old October 22nd, 2013 #4
snowglobe

Default ...and California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 916 View Post
As I remember, there's long been talk of splitting up the state into North and South, ala Carolina, Dakota, etc.
I spent no less than 3 times driving North on the 101.

North of Willets they had a 101 burger place.

The best burgers that I have had in my life.

Nothing close to Greek gyros,
but in Santa Rosa they also had an awesome run Mexican place. It was a family business. I supported it as best that I could while I was there.

Cops learned to "extrapolate" from bureaucrats who said they were estimating;except when civilians do this- it's called Lieing.:rolleyes:

Tags
secession

Thread