Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 25th, 2010 #401
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
And? What is he could tape into the Tea Party movement and start receiving funding? I have maybe watched 20 minutes of Rush Limbaugh and may 10 minutes of Glenn Beck in my life. Both are very boring but make millions, have millions of listeners....
You remind me of the Monty Python skit where Michael Palin is looking for an argument and accidentally opens the contradiction door and John Cleese behind the desk automatically contradicts everything he says whether it's reasonable or not.

You should at least proofread your ramble before you post it. Then maybe people would believe that you put some thought into it.

Last edited by Hadding; June 25th, 2010 at 06:09 AM.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #402
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Voice Impersonators

Tintin is absolutely correct about voice impersonators. There have been many of them so good that the real individual would be fooled by the impersonator. There are plenty of recordings of Steele's voice in the public domain to train the impersonator. Steele's ranch house could have been bugged to get samples of their day to day banter.

Anybody who has recorded much of their voice knows how differently they sound on tape compared to the way that they sound to themselves. You have to learn to recognize your voice on tape. With a voice impersonator, this recording could be so good that Steele would swear that was him on the tape.

Fairfax is the weak link for the Feds in this case. Being a scumbag, his credibility should be easy to attack. When the local county bomb squad got into the act, their poor informant got thrown into jail. They must not have been planning on this. It will be impossible to restore the credibility of Fairfax now.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #403
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Caveat lector! Though I do appreciate and welcome those VNN posters who have had the class, that when they have felt injured by my posts, to send me a private message.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #404
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

I hope to update the time line this weekend. One thing that is not clear is Steele's wife's trip to to Oregon? Does anybody have a clear understanding of the following:

1) Fairfax attaches bomb to Steele's wife car for 1st hit on May 30?
2) Steele's drive goes to her mother's house on May 31.
3) That Fairfax drove to Oregon looking for the bomb June ??
4) Steele meets with Fairfax to plan 2nd hit on June 9?

Question: When did Steele's wife return to Idaho?

If Steele's wife was still in Oregon, was Fairfax going to make another trip to Oregon to make the 2nd hit?
Was the $500/$400 discussed on the June 9 recording for the 1st (failed) hit or was it for the 2nd hit or both?
Since the 2nd hit was to include both Steele's wife and mother-in-law it seems that she must have still been in Oregon.
Or was Steele's mother-in-law going to return to Idaho with Steele's wife and the hit was going to take place in Idaho? But that would seem to rule out the interstate commerce law aspect which justify the FBI's involvement.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #405
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default Working towards a plausible scenario that fits the key facts.

Any plausible scenario must fit these key facts.
  • There were two hits planned on Steele's wife and mother-in-law.
  • These two hits seem to be totals separate and distinct plans.
  • So much so, that the FBI officially had no knowledge of the 1st hit.
  • So much so, that Steele and Fairfax never mentioned the 1st failed hit in their June 9 and June 10 barn meetings.
  • Think about that. It is claimed that in those meetings Steele offers Fairfax a total of $125,500 dollars if everything goes right.
  • It is hard to believe that Steele would not have said,
    "Listening you stupid fat slob, I gave you $10,000 in silver coins to kill my wife and mother-in-law last week, and you lost the fucking bomb! This time, you only get paid after the hit. So you will get the $125,000 after the hit is complete, and no, I'm not giving you $500 for travel expenses, just use the some of the $10,000 in silver coins I gave you for the failed 1st hit last week. Now get you fat ass back to Oregon and kill my wife and mother-in-law and make it look like an car accident!"
  • The plans needed to include Steele's mother-in-law.
  • If there was no plans for Steele's mother-in-law to come to Idaho, that means both hits were to take place in Oregon.
  • It seems that almost immediately after the 1st hit failed the plan for the 2nd hit was initiated.
  • There seems to have been some driving factor, currently unknown, that was pushing the plotter to move forward.
  • Why would Steele and Fairfax not go their separate ways and see what happened? For example, how could they be sure that the pipe bomb was not found by Steele's wife and she suspected her husband and called the police who told her not to mention she found to her husband until the investigation was complete. She would have been in Oregon at this time.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #406
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Tintin is absolutely correct about voice impersonators. There have been many of them so good that the real individual would be fooled by the impersonator.
That would never fool an audio forensics expert. A voice impersonation that sounds identical to the ear still won't look identical when the waveform is examined.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #407
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Another interesting aspect with regards to the $10,000 in silver coins.

The pay off was only referenced after the government had taken Steele's silver coins. So if one is inclined to believe Steele is being framed by the government: The government told Fairfax to claim that Steele had given him $10,000 silver coins for the first hit. Fairfax and government determined a place where Fairfax would claim he hid the silver coins and the government agents would take $10,000 to the location and find them.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #408
OTPTT
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,896
Default

So Steele is going to pay a 90 IQ 'hitman' with silver coins bearing his finger prints? Yeah, sure.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #409
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
So Steele is going to pay a 90 IQ 'hitman' with silver coins bearing his finger prints? Yeah, sure.
Obviously Steele would have removed his finger prints. So if his finger prints are on the coins it would likely imply a setup. But it would seem that tracking down the course of silver coins would not be hard anyway.

But there would be no reason for Fairfax to remove his finger prints, and it is hard not to believe that the 90 IQ hit-man would spend time touching all his shiny new coins drooling all over them.

It was interesting that one MSM source stated something like "and Fairfax did said he did not even tell his wife about the $10,000 in silver coins". Who told the MSM that? Was it included in the pipe bomb charges against him? But he did tell his wife he was going to following Steele's wife to Oregon.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #410
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Was there a requirement to cross state lines in order to trigger [a] federal charge, or was there another trigger (like use of the telephone or mail)?

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; June 25th, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #411
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Was there a requirement to cross state lines in order to trigger [a] federal charge, or was there another trigger (like use of the telephone or mail)?
I have been assuming the it is because of use of the (federal) highway system. So maybe that is why that murder must take place or be planned to take place in Oregon.

Why would be important to Steele that what is likely a woman of 80 be killed?
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #412
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée
 
Hugo Böse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Four Seasons Jalalabad
Posts: 8,585
Hugo Böse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
.
Cyndi sounded like that she had no sleep and was half out of it. She clearly is a jealous woman. She filed for a divorce in 2000 when she caught her husband on an internet dating website in San Mateo California. They kissed and made up a few months later and dismissed the divorce.
That gives some substance to the allegation that there is a Ukrainian girlfriend involved.
__________________
_______
Political correctness is an intellectual gulag.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #413
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I have been assuming the it is because of use of the (federal) highway system. So maybe that is why that murder must take place or be planned to take place in Oregon.

Why would be important to Steele that what is likely a woman of 80 be killed?
There is no stated motive, then, correct? As things seem to stand now, the US Attorney will merely assert to the jury that Steele committed a crime and hammer home to them how it was to have been accomplished. That the "plan" was (at face value) non-sensical for a man of Steele's intellect to devise (were he capable of considering such an act) will be downplayed, as will the Feds' one star witness, a man of highly questionable repute.

The unspoken motive on which the prosecutor will rely will be that Steele has done these idiotic things because he's "crazy", and the "proof" will be his status as a White Nationalist. Plus, he's a lawyer, which the jury members will hate generally at the end of the trial, if not before.

This is all under the assumption that Steele did not, in fact, do what is claimed. It is fully possible logically that Steele could both be guilty and be the subject of a set-up by the DoJ--perhaps hands-off via its friends at the SPLC or ADL.

It seems totally illogical that the US Attorney would prepare a prosecution depending wholly upon a scumbag informant with no actually damning audio evidence. But it isn't. Think of the "intimidation claim" used to deny Steele bond. What would you say to your wife and son in a similar scenario, and were you innocent? Yet it's spun to make him out as the bad guy, as further evidence of his guilt.

I once served on a federal jury, in a non-political case that involved a person who probably should have been in prison. The US Attorney had absolutely -0- evidence, and relied entirely on the reputation of the defendant and the defendant's friends--most of whom had already been put in prison. Despite the glaring lack of substantive evidence, I feel that we on the jury would have convicted Jesus Christ of any charge at the point the prosecution rested. It can be hard to understand unless you've been there.

Steele, if innocent (and thus far I think this likely), has a tough row to hoe--almost as tough as if he were guilty, which is the position from which he will be beginning the trial in the eyes of his jury. He needs an advocate, another attorney to handle his affairs in court. And I don't mean one court-appointed.

He also (again, assuming innocence) needs the unwavering support of his wife and son. By present appearances, the game plan is to line up every kind of conjecture and spin against Steele, including the dubious Fairfax, without any substantive evidence. They will try to break Mrs. Steele's support for her husband, and thereby any chance he has with the jury.

If he's truly guilty, I hope they put him away.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #414
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Mother in Law

The craziest part of this whole mess is that Steele supposedly wanted to kill his mother-in-law. Why would he take the risk on her when there is no financial benefit?
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #415
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée
 
Hugo Böse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Four Seasons Jalalabad
Posts: 8,585
Hugo Böse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The craziest part of this whole mess is that Steele supposedly wanted to kill his mother-in-law. Why would he take the risk on her when there is no financial benefit?
Maybe she was listed as a beneficiary in the life insurance policy, maybe the mother in law had assets that would have gone to the son in law?
__________________
_______
Political correctness is an intellectual gulag.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #416
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Mother in Law Motive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
Maybe she was listed as a beneficiary in the life insurance policy, maybe the mother in law had assets that would have gone to the son in law?
Everybody keeps forgetting that Steele is an accountant first. Cyndi has at least one sister who would likely be first in line for her mother's life insurance. Money is not likely to be the motive here. Steele was supposedly going to give the entire proceeds of his wife's life insurance policy to the hitman. If his wife were about to divorce him, she could have been dealt with locally without making the plot more complex.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #417
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The craziest part of this whole mess is that Steele supposedly wanted to kill his mother-in-law. Why would he take the risk on her when there is no financial benefit?
Or maybe the question should be government want the murders to include the mother-in-law.
 
Old June 25th, 2010 #418
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
Maybe she was listed as a beneficiary in the life insurance policy, maybe the mother in law had assets that would have gone to the son in law?
Maybe. But the Steeles have three children (one from Cyndi's previous marriage) wouldn't it make more sense for one of them to be beneficiaries then an elderly woman? And are their and children? And the person that may possibly be the most dependent on Cyndi is Edgar.
 
Old June 26th, 2010 #419
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding
As a self-appointed racial leader, a man like that would have been working for whoever slips him the most cash, and it wouldn't be you or I.

Than can be claimed about anybody. And is likely true of most people if the if enough cash is slipped.
Either you are cynical to the point of lunacy, or you are pulling out all the stops to deny that Steele might be guilty.

Whether or not it is the case that we all have our price, it is certainly true that some of us are a lot cheaper than others.

I don't think it's true that we all have our price. The inclination to let oneself be ruled by monetary gain over and against personal honor is infantile. What is the promise of wealth to a man who accepts that he won't live forever?
 
Old June 26th, 2010 #420
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,740
-JC
Default Ernie K-Doe at his Mother-in-law Lounge, New Orleans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The craziest part of this whole mess is that Steele supposedly wanted to kill his mother-in-law. Why would he take the risk on her when there is no financial benefit?

Mother-In-Law

(Mother in Law) Mother In Law
(Mother in Law) Mother In Law

The worst person I know
(Mother-in law, mother-in law)
(Mother-in law, mother-in law)
A she worries me, so
If she'd leave us alone
A we would have a happy home
Sent from down below

Mother in Law Mother in Law

Satan should be her name
To me they're bout the same
Every time I open my mouth
She steps in, tries to put me out
How could she stoop so low

[Instrumental Interlude]

I come home with my pay
She [axed] me what I made
She thinks her advice is the constitution
But if she would leave that would be the solution
And don't come back no more

Mother in law
My......mother in law, ah
Oh yeah

The original:

Mother In Law by Ernie K-Doe


Play song from iLike.com

Mother In Law - 2006 - 3:18

Listen on:
iLike - Rhap

Last edited by -JC; June 26th, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.
Page generated in 0.18969 seconds.