VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 5th, 2005 #21
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken

BTW, I know a ZOG warrior who was wounded in the shoulder from an AK-47 round, but he said he'd rather get hit with the AK round than the AR-15/M-16/M-4 round any day.
Agreed! The M-16/AR-15, 5.56 round is a high velocity bullet that when hits a human flesh target, without any interference, starts to "tumble". That is, they they tend to veer in strange directions, the laws of physics in command, causing much more damage than going straight through.

I remember Viet Vets telling me about shooting NVA in the stomach and the M-16 round going through the mid-section and coming out the top of the head. I have no personal knowledge of this but I have know doubt that it happened. A small projectile at high velocity hits something hard such as a bone and it skips off or ricoches who knows where.

Basically, the warp speed 5.56 round causes big time fractal wounds, assuming there is nothing between you and the human target. In a combat situation, I wish you the best of straight line luck!

The 7.62x51 mm on the other hand goes through tree trunks, sand bags, etc and will still kill you dead! Tell you what, Doppel. You take the AR-15/M-16, 5.56 and I'll take the M-14, AK or the Browning BAR 30.06 and lets see who comes out on top in a firefight!

Old June 8th, 2005 #22
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, except the AK round is 7.62 X 39, 7.62 X 51 NATO (.308 Win) is much more powerful and accurate, with a range up to 800 meters. As in my Rem 700 PSS
Does Remington still sell the 700 PSS?

Old June 8th, 2005 #23
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately they are all out of stock except for the 308 left-handed.

Which do you prefer the 308 or the 300 win Mag?

Old June 8th, 2005 #24
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
You can find a right handed one if you look a little.

I definitely prefer .308 for a fun afternoon shoot. You can put 10 rds on paper, check the target, reload and go again for 50 or 100 rds. With the right optics and wind, 800 yard maximum range. Even though .300 Win Mag is a legitimate 1000 yd caliber, it's no fun to shoot. Not at all. Then there's .338 Lapua Mag, a legitimate 1500 yd caliber that puts both your armpits on the same side.

http://www.custer.com.au/Lap/pages/338Hist.html

http://www.snipercountry.com/InRevie...rMansLapua.asp

Ask yourself if you want to spend 1K + on your rifle, scope and bipod, to shoot four or five rds twice a year and put it back in the case. That's probably what you'll do with a .300 Win Mag.

One more tip if you're serious about getting this gun. I wouldn't recommend the detachable magazine version. I've heard some problems have ensued using them. The LAPD SWAT team, almost any other PD you can name, use the top loader version. So do I. It won't let you down.
Ok, thanks for the info. Although the .300 Win Mag is a reach out and hurt something really bad weapon, I don't relish the idea of the rifle butt slamming into a bad right shoulder that I have from high school so the .308 is what I will go with.

By the way these guys have sales of just about any gun you want with a search locater of FFL's in any area. The Rem 700 sells for under 500 bucks.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungall...iler/index.asp

I'm not sure where I got the link...hell, prolly from VNN forum!

Old June 8th, 2005 #25
Gator

Dude, the Valmet rifles from Finland are like the best AK derivatives out there, totally. Dude, I scored one a couple of years ago that was like totally cherry, it cost a bundle, but it was like sooooo worth it. The quality is like totally unmatched by anyone, even Izhmash. Dude, in fact, I can't believe this thread is like four pages long and not one of you boneheads even mentioned Valmet.

Old June 8th, 2005 #26
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Agreed! The M-16/AR-15, 5.56 round is a high velocity bullet that when hits a human flesh target, without any interference, starts to "tumble". That is, they they tend to veer in strange directions, the laws of physics in command, causing much more damage than going straight through.
Dude, yeah that's true about the ol' M16A1. It had a barrel twist of 1 in 12 and when combined with the ol' 55gr. M193 5.56mm ball cartridge it had a tendency to tumble on impact with a soft target like, for example, some Gook.

Dude, but the M16A2 of course has a much tighter barrel twist of 1 in 7. This was done in order to like stabilize the heaver 62 gr. M855 5.56mm NATO cartridge. Dude this combination no longer causes the round to tumble. Instead, it causes the round to violently fragment on impact with a soft target like, for example, some Aye-rab.

Old June 8th, 2005 #27
Sean Martin

Sean Martin

If you are going to spend in the $300 range you won’t get a better gun than the SAR for the dollar. However if you plan on spending more make sure you get a milled receiver instead of a stamped one. A milled receiver is cut out of a solid piece of steel where a stamped if folded out of thinner metal.

A milled receiver is more accurate and will last 90% longer. However I don’t see to many people wearing a SAR out but if you plan to shoot over 100,000 rounds you need a milled receiver.

Old June 8th, 2005 #28
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator

Dude, but the M16A2 of course has a much tighter barrel twist of 1 in 7. This was done in order to like stabilize the heaver 62 gr. M855 5.56mm NATO cartridge. Dude this combination no longer causes the round to tumble. Instead, it causes the round to violently fragment on impact with a soft target like, for example, some Aye-rab.
Uhhh Dude, I'm like totally hip to that! Whats really cool about all guns is the cylinderical bolts can be turned into a new smoking device....!

Hey, maybe we can hang out together sometime and listen to some Grateful Dead tunes? It would be like, really intense!

Old June 8th, 2005 #29
Gator

Quote:
You're not doing anyone a favor telling him to spend thousands on an intrinsically cheap gun like an AK. That's something only an independently wealthy or just plain foolish bonesmoker would do.
Dude, I agree, no semi-auto AK derivative is worth $8000, you'd have to be like a total bonehead to pay that. But where the hell did this 8 grand number come from? I think you pulled it outta yer ass. I've seen 'em for much less than that.

Quote:
Intrinsically cheap
HAHAHAHA...Dude, you obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about. There's a big difference between a finely crafted AK derivative and the gazillions of mass produced junk AK rifles that financially challenged people like you buy. But then you wouldn't know that.

Old June 8th, 2005 #30
Gator

Quote:
How come you don't sound like Towelie anymore, Dude?
Dude, WTF is Towelie?

Quote:
You know, all stoned and un hostile like, Dude?
Dude, I don't know man, I'm kinda having a bad day/night

Old June 8th, 2005 #31
Gator

Quote:
The $8K + price tag was actually for selective fire Galils and Valmets, so what did you pay for your semi-auto Valmet?
2 grand cash and some Glenmorangie.

Dude that was for a new M76 in it's original box, 5.56mm w/6 mags, owners manual, an extra receiver cover w/scope base and rings, plus a cleaning kit.

Old June 9th, 2005 #32
Sean Martin

Sean Martin

Ok what amazes me here is someone that has a weed smoker for is avatar and uses “dude” in every other word is one of the rare people that know to say mag/magazine instead of clip. There is a huge difference between a magazine and a clip.

Quote:
Dude that was for a new in it's original box, M76, 5.56 w/6 mags,

Old June 9th, 2005 #33
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
You're not getting a PSS for under $500. I got my rig at a fire sale price, with Leupold Vari-X II 3 X 9 tactical scope, Harris bipod and tactical sling for under 1K. I defy you to do better.
Obviously it's without the leupold glass, bipod and sling.

$442.00

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...c=50&item_num=

Old June 13th, 2005 #34
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Dude, the Valmet rifles from Finland are like the best AK derivatives out there, totally. Dude, I scored one a couple of years ago that was like totally cherry, it cost a bundle, but it was like sooooo worth it. The quality is like totally unmatched by anyone, even Izhmash. Dude, in fact, I can't believe this thread is like four pages long and not one of you boneheads even mentioned Valmet.
Dopesmoking idiot if you paid 8k for any AK. What select fire AKs even go for that much? Joker.

What rifle is worth 2K? The M1A used to sell for $1000. Now maybe more. Steyr scouts with the Cooper package going for 2k. Beats the living shit out of an AK finnish or not.

Old June 13th, 2005 #35
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

I like Glenmorangie but at what $25 bucks a bottle it's not worth that much either.

Old June 22nd, 2005 #36
New Order

Century Arms in Florida is importing a Romanian AK clone I think they call it the WASP something like that sells for $450 and CA has to do extensive work to reconfigure it to accept double stack magazines and bayonet lug. It works like the AKs always work, utterly reliable and is a good buy.

Old June 22nd, 2005 #37
Sean Martin

Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order
Century Arms in Florida is importing a Romanian AK clone I think they call it the WASP something like that sells for $450
Why buy that when you can purchase an actual Romanian AK for $300-350 ready to go with two 30 round magazines?

I have got to shoot a couple of them and right out of the box the quality is good enough for anyone unless you are going for some serious target shooting. In that case you are better to buy a 308 or the like. If the balloon goes up and you need an AK you won’t have time to sit around aim and fire single shots. The accuracy quality of a Romanian compared to a $1,000 or better AK won’t make that much difference.

Besides for $1,000 you can buy 3 Romanian AK’s and 1,000 rounds of ammo.

I should be their spokesperson.

My neighbor says one should give the extra $50-$100 for the package with the bayonet lug. In my opinion a fixed bayonet is the most annoying accessory to a gun.

Old June 22nd, 2005 #38
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Don't buy a Century Arms firearm, ever. Don't set yourself up with a company that doesn't even answer your e-mail or phone call when you have an inevitable complaint about their shitty, slapped together guns.

I tried to sell my Century Arms FAL on consignment at my local gun shop, the owner had the same experience I've had with them: a faulty product and a customer service dept that exists in name only. Needless to say he wouldn't take the gun.

You can easily get a Romanian AK for $350 at any gun show, why go to Century Arms?
Totally, absolutely correct. Century Arms FALs: the worst.

If you want a FAL, get one reassembled by DSA of Northern Illinois. Salvaggio uses original Herstal designs, quality imported used parts, high quality domestic content, etc. In principle, its the same methodology imported parts kits cleaned up and mounted on US made receivers-- except he does it right. No matching up of miscellaneous inch and metric parts, for examples. The "parts kit" you buy from Salvaggio will not be a grab bag of parts, but one which has been disassembled off one weapon only. Also he has incorporated some obvious product improvements. Century FAL? Crap. They are so bad I would not buy ANYTHING from them.

Old June 23rd, 2005 #39
Mr. T.H. Outis

How do you get the money for all this firepower? I am very jealous.

Old June 23rd, 2005 #40
Subrosa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THamilton
How do you get the money for all this firepower? I am very jealous.
A job perhaps?

Thread