VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 30th, 2008 #101
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz_molecular View Post
Does this 'assessment' include appropriate holocaust indoctrination ?
I honestly couldn't tell you, but if I was a gambling man I'd wager a fair sum that it does.

Old July 21st, 2008 #102
Alex Linder
Administrator

From Thomson in another thread:

How do we become better White Nationalists? We can start by becoming better people: More informed, more skilled, more aware of who we are & what we stand for. We must learn survival skills & pass them onto our young. When I was a child, American society was much easier & safer for children. My parents didn’t teach me survival skills which are absolutely necessary today, since there were not so many hostile agents in my childhood society, especially those who target White people for genocide by such propaganda as teaching Whites that we do not exist; that if we do exist, we’re “guilty” for existing in the first place, unlike everybody else, who is non-White. Economically, White males are being split away from White females by ‘edjewcation’, rather than education & “affirmative action” anti-White discrimination policies in placement for schools & jobs. White Nationalists resist stupid group behavior like drug & alcohol consumption. Meth is now devastating White youths who fell into this groupie-consumerism, which consumes them.

Old July 21st, 2008 #103
Alex Linder
Administrator

Case that led to Calif. home school ban dismissed
The Associated Press
07/12/2008

LOS ANGELES—A legal ruling outlawing most forms of home schooling in California could come under renewed scrutiny because the court case on which it was based has been dismissed.

On Thursday, a family court judge terminated its jurisdiction over two of the eight children of Phillip and Mary Long of Los Angeles.

The issue landed in court after the couple's eldest child reported abuse by their father. An investigation found that despite the couple's assertion that their children were enrolled at a school, they were educated at home by their mother, who does not have a teaching credential.

An attorney representing two of the children asked the court to order that the children physically attend a school. A trial court disagreed and the lawyer appealed.

Old October 12th, 2009 #106
Alex Linder
Administrator

End the State Schools
Posted by Butler Shaffer on September 4, 2009 08:47 AM

Lew: should Ron Paul’s efforts to “End the Fed” succeed, the next campaign should be to “End the Government School System.” If I could wish away any governmental program, this would be it. By dumbing down the general population in order to make people more controllable – their actual purpose – and engaging in the most vile forms of child abuse, the state schools serve no legitimate purpose. At the very least, loving parents should make certain that their children are kept out of the hands of this wicked system.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/34942.html

Old October 15th, 2009 #107
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Experts: "Schools should adopt curricula to promote tolerance for minorities... Jews"

Schools key in combating intolerance, U.S. monitoring group told

October 14, 2009

[Jewish Telegraphic Agency] http://jta.org/news/article/2009/10/...sm-intolerance

WASHINGTON -- Experts on intolerance suggested to the U.S. Helsinki Commission that schools should adopt curricula that promote tolerance for minorities, including Jews.

The three experts, chosen to represent distinct aspects of intolerance, spoke Wednesday on the issues of anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and discrimination of Christians and members of other religions.

Rabbi Andrew Baker, the director of international affairs for the American Jewish Committee, highlighted the prevalence of anti-Semitic discourse in many countries, even those without large Jewish populations. Baker cited Spain, home to 40,000 Jews, as a nation with considerably rampant anti-Semitism.

He said, however, that educational programs put in place there that stressed tolerance in the country's secondary schools illicited positive reponses from teachers and administrators. Baker encouraged other countries to adopt similar programs.

Baker, along with Adil Akhmetov of Kazakhstan and Mario Mauro of Italy, stressed that better methods of reporting hate crimes were needed to adequately assess their prevalence and to determine how authorities should address them.

To combat intolerance, Akhemtov said, nations should embrace the similarities of groups rather than their differences.

"Common values should be broadcast widely and often," he stressed.

The commission, also known as the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, is an independent U.S. government agency that monitors compliance with the Helsinki Final Act and other committments mandated by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.

Old November 4th, 2009 #108
Alex Linder
Administrator

Education
October 22, 2009

A couple of wannabe Republican Presidential candidates, over the years, have vowed to eliminate the federal Department of Education if elected. Unfortunately, they didn't win. Education is big business! As a matter of fact, the web site of the Department of Education has a place to click, which describes the possibilities of "Doing business with the Department of Education." The web site describes all the wonderful things the department does with its $46.7 billion yearly budget. There are beneficiaries of various culinary schools, children's bureaus, no child left behind, free food, and all sorts of taxpayer funded gimcracks. The Department has about 4700 employees at its home base in D.C. and thousands in various states, harassing the local schools.

The web site has lots of important news, such as pictures of Newt Gingrich and Al Sharpton visiting a D.C. school and smiling at all the wonderful things the taxpayer funds have accomplished. Another site will tell you that between 2007 and 2009, 8th graders math scores went up 2 points, but that 4th graders stayed the same. Obama signed into law the Education Recovery Act recently, with Republican support I am sure, which cost a measly $11.3 billion, probably added to the already budgeted $46.7 billion, making the total a trifling $58 billion.

While the Department of Education was founded in 1980, under Jimmy Carter, the "No Child Left Behind" nonsense was under George W. Bush in 2001. I have heard nothing good about that one. The web site shows Secretary Arne Duncan playing basketball with Stephen Corbet, before he went on to his comedy show, and another shot of Duncan and his wife beaming at some other wonderful accomplishment in D.C. The site says that in 2006, 72.3% of high school students graduated. Did the Dept of Education 'create and save 250,000 jobs in education,' as the web site says? Or wouldn't it be nice if the whole shebang were obliterated, along with its costs, and thousands of bureaucrats who make absurd rules, which few follow, or even could follow, except the handouts from D.C. are wanted.

Each state has its own department of education as well, and Colorado's, where I live, costs $45,000,000 a year, and is a small, nonsensical, copy of the federal one, with its own set of bureaucrats and mundane rules, eating tax dollars by the bushel baskets full.

It is a non debatable fact, that home schooled kids far outperform public school kids, and that those who went to a locally funded one room schoolhouse with no bureaucracy, always outperformed other schools. Today, public schools have facilities beyond the imagining of a person living a hundred years ago. Air conditioning, swank gyms, auditoriums, and electronic stuff to boggle the mind...except no one seems to be learning anything, or very little anyway.

Public Schools

Until the mid-1800's, there were basically no public schools paid for with tax dollars. It wasn't until the early 1900's, that the public school became an accepted fact, and states began to force attendance. The one room schoolhouse in rural areas was still common, and my best friend went to one in Montana, and swears that it was the best education he ever had. If one was an advanced or smart student, he automatically learned at a higher level, since all grades were taught in the one single room. Catholics protested the public school system, insisting that their semi-private parochial schools, did a much better job of educating. They did and still do.

John Dewey, a marxist-athiest, born in 1855, had a lot of influence in advancing the public school system. Like all 'public' things, be they rest rooms, or other supposedly 'free' public things, they usually aren't free, always decay and eventually become either worthless, or a laughing stock. The current public school system, with its thousands of districts, and millions of mostly union teachers, are little more than baby sitters. In order to really get an education in a current public school, one must virtually educate ones self, using the books and facilities provided, and hopefully having a teacher who cares and will give individual attention. It is possible to get a good education in today's public schools, but the average kid will fail to do so.

When the D.C. Gang gets involved in anything, the costs escalate, and the bureaucratic influence multiplies. Any D.C. 'cabinet post,' is always rife with gross inefficiency, corruption, influence, payoffs, and mucho gobbledygook. That's the departments of anything today. And now we have 'czars?' Should the Department of Education be abolished? For sure. Should the individual state departments also be either abolished or greatly reduced in size and influence? I am certain. Should government influence at all levels of education, be greatly reduced? Of course. Would it be to education's benefit if there were no public schools, everyone's property taxes reduced by 75%, and parents be responsible for their children's education, and no one else? YES! Will it ever happen. No. So, if you are a parent, act responsibly and keep total track of your children's education, regardless of where it is conducted. If you can have the patience and time to home school, by all means do so. If not, and there are church or private schools in your location, please enroll your kids in them. Stay as clear from 'public education' as you possibly can.

P.S. As Obama diddles around with the Afghanistan situation, which he is all for, I urge you to go to the "Archives" and read my column on February 17th of this year.

http://www.coloradogold.com/archive/Education-900.html

Old November 17th, 2009 #109
Alex Linder
Administrator

November 17, 2009
Government Schools Are Bad for Your Kids
Posted by James Ostrowski on November 17, 2009 06:34 AM

My new book went up on Amazon today. A little behind schedule but that allowed me to include several instances of incredible depravity that occurred on government school grounds in October.

Like many of the good things happening in the movement these days, this book had roots at LewRockwell.com and Mises.org.

Thanks Lew and Jeff!

Here’s the press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FreetheChildren.US
James Ostrowski
(716) 435-8918
[email protected]

Explosive Expose on Government Schools Published

Buffalo, New York. November 16, 2009. James Ostrowski, prominent libertarian and tea party movement leader, has published his second book, Government Schools Are Bad for Your Kids: What You Need to Know. The book urges parents to pull their children out of the schools to escape crime, drugs, promiscuity, political correctness, indoctrination, and academic mediocrity. “This book provides the tea party movement with a strategic roadmap to restore the Jeffersonian vision of individual liberty that is the very essence of America,” he writes.

Ostrowski was led to write the book out of anger that his own kids’ parish school closed in 2006. At the present rate, private schools are doomed as a poor economy and rising tuitions squeeze out working class parents who are already forced to pay large sums for failing government schools.

The fate of the nation is tied to the future of K-12 education, Ostrowski argues: “The grand result of our experiment with government schools is a population ill-prepared to deal with the present crisis in America. . . . they are utterly unequipped to deal with the harsh new reality that the regime is failing and the nation is in the process of economic collapse.”

Another excerpt: “Government schools are truly the foundation of big government today. They supply the funding and the troops [the teachers unions] and they drum the ideology into your children, five days a week for thirteen years. Finally, they render many children less able to survive without constant support and direction from the government. Their message is that people cannot live in freedom and they fulfill that prophecy with each graduating class.”

After reviewing 50 years of failed efforts to reform the schools through the political process, Ostrowski argues that the only feasible option is direct citizen action: a massive simultaneous withdrawal of children from the schools.

James Ostrowski is a trial and appellate lawyer in Buffalo, New York. He was on presidential candidate Ron Paul’s legal staff last year. His policy studies have been published by the Hoover Institution, the Ludwig von Mises Institute and the Cato Institute. His articles have been used as course materials at numerous colleges and universities including Brown, Rutgers and Stanford. He taught a course in the Constitution at Canisius College and has been a guest lecturer at the University at Buffalo Medical School.

Presently he is an Adjunct Scholar at the Ludwig von Mises Institute and columnist for LewRockwell.com. He is editor of the libertarian blog, PoliticalClassDismissed.com and founder and president of the Jeffersonian think tank, Free New York, Inc.

He is the author of the 2004 anthology, Political Class Dismissed, dubbed the “bible of the Upstate NY tax revolt.”

The book is for sale at Amazon.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...tml#more-43031

Amazon.com: Government Schools Are Bad for Your Kids: What You Need to Know (9780974925325): Mr. James Ostrowski: Books Amazon.com: Government Schools Are Bad for Your Kids: What You Need to Know (9780974925325): Mr. James Ostrowski: Books

Old November 29th, 2009 #110
Alex Linder
Administrator

High school performs 'gay' musical on Thanksgiving
Students sing for public, 'Don't make noise, but Daddy's kissing boys'
Posted: November 26, 2009

By Drew Zahn
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Editor's note: Description of the musical's content includes examples of its profane, lewd and possibly racist material, which may be objectionable to some readers.

Students at a high school in Massachusetts are opening theater doors today for a free performance of scenes from their upcoming musical, a tale about a bisexual father torn between his family and his "gay" lover.

Seven students of Concord-Carlisle High School in Concord, Mass., are cast in the school's rendition of "Falsettos," a Tony-award-winning production described by a local newspaper as "a musical comedy about life, love and loss in which the characters renegotiate their definitions of family."

But one organization in Massachusetts is objecting to how the plot redefines "family" and pointing to some of musical's content – including the songs "My Father's a Homo", "Everybody Hates His Parents" and "Four Jews in a Room B----ing" – as blatantly offensive.

Why have Americans come to tolerate, embrace and even champion many things that would have horrified their parents' generation? Get David Kupelian's "The Marketing of Evil" at the WND Superstore.

"Community residents are very concerned about the production's vulgar sexuality and anti-family message," writes MassResistance – a local group that counters promotion of homosexuality in the state – on its blog entry. "Not content with inflicting this on the community in the weeks before Christmas, the school has added a sneak preview scheduled on Thanksgiving Day."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=117242

Old November 29th, 2009 #111
Kievsky

Quote:
Get David Kupelian's "The Marketing of Evil" at the WND Superstore.
I gave the Kupelian book to a public school teacher I know, which he actually read and even re-read because it described exactly what he was seeing in the public school system. Then I told him who the "marketers" were.

The relentless economic contraction that has just begun is going to see the shutdown of the public school system, and I'll give a latest date prediction --- 2015. By 2015, there will only be a fraction of the schools running, and admittance will be for the privileged. No problem though, that'll be a great thing.

Of course "public schooling" might continue in internment camps, but this yellow bus system is not going to survive the death of the dollar, relentless economic contraction, and the inability of the U$ to import oil at a price that will keep the current model of the economy going. I'm not making a "peak oil" argument here, I'm just saying we won't be able to afford the vast quantities of liquid fuels to keep the system going in its present form.

What White homeschoolers need to do is work in the countryside at food production, and if possible, maintain a shared apartment in a nearby city so the home schoolers can go to the city 2 or 3 days a week for arts, music, and martial arts lessons, and the city library.

Old January 12th, 2010 #112
Alex Linder
Administrator

[battle in New Hampshire]

Democrat assault on homeschoolers looming
Vote pending on new demands for tests, reviews

January 11, 2010

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

The homeschool community is reacting with alarm to plans for a vote in the New Hampshire legislature as early as this week that could create restrictive new testing and reporting requirements for homeschoolers in the state.

"Trying to sneak through massive changes in the New Hampshire homeschool law by manipulating the system is unacceptable. The Democratic leadership and the chairman of the education committee know that if they allowed an open process the overwhelming majority would vote [against the plan]," said Mike Donnelly, a staff attorney for the Home School Legal Defense Association.

The organization is the premiere group in the world working on behalf of homeschoolers. The proposal to create the new state requirements is being pushed by Democratic leaders in the legislature, even though its own task force recommended against such changes.

Democratic leaders are using a legislative maneuver to prepare to advance the piece, after a bipartisan legislative study committee voted 14-6 against forwarding the new homeschool law, House Bill 368.

Democratic Rep. Barbara Shaw, a retired teacher with 45 years experience, wrote the majority report, suggesting the plan is "inexpedient to legislate," or should be rejected.

"After studying this issue for several years, I've gotten to know homeschoolers, the law, and how the system works, and I'm convinced that it is working fine – there are no changes needed," she said.

"Some people have accused me of doing a 180 on homeschooling – and I would have to admit that's true. But that's because I've seen that homeschooling is working for children in our state and the current law is adequate," she said.

HSLDA's analysis said the Democrats are trying to move forward a whole new piece of legislation as an amendment to another proposal. It would allow, among other things, state officials to "terminate" a homeschooling program and report a child to the "appropriate resident district superintendent, who shall, if necessary, take appropriate action to ensure that compulsory attendance requirements are met."

Republican Minority Leader Sherman Packard said his party supports no further changes in the state's homeschooling law.

"We've always supported homeschoolers … Until the end of last week we weren't aware that there was a problem with this legislation since the majority report was [to reject]," he said.

As WND reported, the issue previously was on the agenda but didn't get a vote because of time constraints.

The plan would require new tests for every homeschool student, demand a portfolio review and submit test scores to the state Department of Education, which would be given "sweeping rule-making authority" for homeschoolers.

"This legislation is completely unnecessary," said Donnelly. "The existing New Hampshire law works well, and in an era when homeschoolers are significantly out-performing their public school counterparts the last thing homeschoolers and taxpayers need is another bureaucracy wasting their time and money. We hope that enough legislators will see through the maneuver which is being used and vote to retain the existing homeschool law."

The analysis by the HSLDA of the issue said the package of recommendations from Rep. Judith Day is "the most significant threat to New Hampshire homeschoolers" since 1990.

"These [plans] impose a needless burden on homeschoolers and shift authority to determine whether a child should be homeschooled from parents to others," the analysis said. "Parents have a fundamental right under the United States Constitution to direct the upbringing and education of their children, and legislation like Rep. Day's undermines this right by going against the presumption that parents act in the best interest of their children."

Both parts of the plan, H.B. 367 and 368, "are unnecessary," the analysis said, and would create additional burdens and costs and are "problematic in that it creates potentially unconstitutional vagueness which could result in needless litigation."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121632

Old March 25th, 2011 #113
Mike Parker

State Supreme Court Rules Homeschooled Girl to Stay in Public School

In a highly visible and contentious divorce case, In the Matter of Kurowski, the New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled in favor of a divorced father who wanted his previously homeschooled daughter enrolled in public school. In its ruling confined to facts and circumstances of the case, the New Hampshire Supreme Court held that a lower trial court did not exceed its “discretion” when it ordered the previously homeschooled girl to attend public school. The case turned on the court’s view that a final custody order had not been issued as to the child’s education and that because of the failure of the parents, who share joint legal custody, to agree on this matter, it was up to the lower court to determine what was in the best interests of this child.

In a unanimous opinion, the Supreme Court did not disturb the lower court’s ruling because it found that there was “an objective basis sufficient to sustain the trial court’s discretionary judgment ....” At the outset, the court noted that it was not giving an opinion as to which form of education among public, private, or homeschooling is “most suitable” for children, recognizing that “in recent years home schooling has become a widely used alternative to more traditional public or private schools ....”

While we disagree with the court’s ruling in this case, the court clearly recognized that fit parents have a fundamental right to direct the education and upbringing of their children. The court cited a string of United States Supreme Court cases from Pierce v. Society of Sisters through Troxel v. Granville noting, however, that between two divorced parents who share this identical right because of joint custody, the courts had the difficult role of making “difficult and sensitive decisions in a highly contentious atmosphere ....”

HSLDA submitted an amicus brief in this case in support of homeschooling and because of our concern that the lower court’s ruling could be perceived as creating a precedent in favor of public education over homeschooling. However, in its opinion, the New Hampshire Supreme Court flatly rejected the notion that the trial court’s ruling created any such precedent and seemed to go out of its way to confine the case to its facts and circumstances. HSLDA will oppose any efforts to wrongly use the case beyond its limited scope.

HSLDA’s attorney for member affairs in New Hampshire, Michael Donnelly, who as a New Hampshire licensed attorney submitted the amicus brief, noted that he was disappointed but not surprised by the court’s ruling.

“We are disappointed that this young girl is being forced to attend a public school over her mother’s, and reportedly her own, wishes,” Donnelly said. “However, the New Hampshire Supreme Court confined its ruling to this case and these facts, avoiding any collateral impact on the rights of other parents in New Hampshire who homeschool their children. While the lower court’s decision could have been read to create a presumption in favor of public education over homeschooling, the court emphatically rejected this notion.”

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/nh/201103160.asp

Old July 27th, 2012 #114
Alex Linder
Administrator

Americans Flee Public Schools

Something very strange is happening around the country: students are disappearing from America’s public schools.

The New York Times reports that many of the country’s largest school districts are rapidly losing students as parents lucky enough to have the choice switch their kids to private and charter schools. In the country’s largest school districts, public school enrollment is down by about 10 percent while charter school enrollment is up by more than 60 percent. This mass flight by newly empowered families is forcing tough choices on school districts:

Because school financing is often allocated on a per-pupil basis, plummeting enrollment can mean fewer teachers will be needed. But it can also affect the depth of a district’s curriculum, jeopardizing programs in foreign languages, music or art. [...]

Before the Mesa district closed Brimhall Junior High School this year, the school lost teachers in art, music and technology in part because of a declining student head count. That made it harder for the school, which faces competition from many charter schools, to attract students.

“Education has gotten to be almost a sales job,” said Susan Chard, who taught seventh grade math at Brimhall for 18 years. “You want to provide reasons for parents to bring their children to your school.”

Although the Times laments the fact that an increasingly competitive education environment is hurting traditional public schools, Via Meadia is more inclined to see this as a positive development. Competition is good. The pressure to compete for students (and their parents) by providing a higher quality education at a lower price is how you light a fire under people to improve the schools.

Of course, the bureaucracies want to respond by cutting services rather than administrative bloat and high overhead. Via Meadia suggestion: Try reinventing management as a way of saving money before cutting services. Don’t cut foreign language teachers and art class; cut cumbersome work rules, sweetheart purchase agreements, and thin out the layers of patronage appointees who divert resources away from teaching into paper pushing.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.c...ublic-schools/

Old July 27th, 2012 #115
Alex Linder
Administrator

Enrollment Off in Big Districts, Forcing Layoffs

Enrollment in nearly half of the nation’s largest school districts has dropped steadily over the last five years, triggering school closings that have destabilized neighborhoods, caused layoffs of essential staff and concerns in many cities that the students who remain are some of the neediest and most difficult to educate.

Read All Comments (283) »

While the losses have been especially steep in long-battered cities like Cleveland and Detroit, enrollment has also fallen significantly in places suffering through the recent economic downturn, like Broward County, Fla., San Bernardino, Calif., and Tucson, according to the latest available data from the Department of Education, analyzed for The New York Times. Urban districts like Philadelphia and Columbus, Ohio, are facing an exodus even as the school-age population has increased.

Enrollment in the New York City schools, the largest district in the country, was flat from 2005 to 2010, but both Chicago and Los Angeles lost students, with declining birthrates and competition from charter schools cited as among the reasons.

Because school financing is often allocated on a per-pupil basis, plummeting enrollment can mean fewer teachers will be needed. But it can also affect the depth of a district’s curriculum, jeopardizing programs in foreign languages, music or art.

While large districts lost students in the 1970s as middle class families left big cities for the suburbs, districts are losing students now for a variety of reasons. The economy and home foreclosure crisis drove some families from one school system into another. Hundreds of children from immigrant families have left districts in Arizona and California as their parents have lost jobs. Legal crackdowns have also prompted many families to return to their home countries.

In some cases, the collapse of housing prices has led homeowners to stay put, making it difficult for new families — and new prospective students — to move in and take their place.

But some say the schools are partly to blame. “We have record-low confidence in our public schools,” said Kevin Johnson, the mayor of Sacramento and head of education policy for the United States Conference of Mayors. (He is married to Michelle Rhee, the lightning rod former chancellor of the Washington public schools and now an advocate for data-driven reform). “If we have high-quality choices in all neighborhoods, you don’t have that exodus taking place,” he said.

The rise of charter schools has accelerated some enrollment declines. The number of students fell about 5 percent in traditional public school districts between 2005 and 2010; by comparison, the number of students in all-charter districts soared by close to 60 percent, according to the Department of Education data. Thousands of students have moved into charter schools in districts with both traditional public and charter schools.

Although the total number of students in charter schools is just 5 percent of all public school children, it has had a striking effect in some cities. In Columbus, Ohio, for example, enrollment in city schools declined by more than 10 percent — or about 6,150 students — between 2005 and 2010, even as charter schools gained close to 9,000 students.

A year ago, Tanya Moton withdrew her daughter, Dy’Mon Starks, 12, from a public school and signed her up for Graham Expeditionary Middle School, a nearby charter school.

“The classes were too big, the kids were unruly and didn’t pay attention to the teachers,” Ms. Moton said of the former school.

She said she sought help for her daughter’s dyslexia at her former school, but officials “claimed that she didn’t need it.” After transferring to Graham, Ms. Moton said, “one of the teachers stayed after school every Friday to help her.”

During the recession and weak recovery, pinched state financing and dwindling property taxes forced many public schools to shed teachers and cut programs.

“The fewer students we have, the fewer dollars we’re getting” from the state and federal government, said Matthew E. Stanski, chief financial officer of Prince George’s County Public Schools in Maryland, where enrollment has fallen by almost 5 percent in five years, despite sharp gains in nearby counties.

Officials have laid off about 100 teachers and district employees, cut prekindergarten to half days and canceled some athletic programs, Mr. Stanski said.

In Los Angeles, the district has dismissed more than 8,500 teachers and other education workers in the last four years as enrollment fell by about 56,000 students. The Mesa Unified District, which lost 7,155 students between 2005 and 2010, has closed four middle schools in the last three years, delayed new textbook purchases, and laid off librarians.

The students left behind in some of these large districts are increasingly children with disabilities, in poverty or learning English as a second language.

Jeff Warner, a spokesman for the Columbus City Schools, said that enrollment appears to be stabilizing, but it can be difficult to compete against suburban and charter schools because of the district’s higher proportion of students requiring special education services.

In Cleveland, where enrollment fell by nearly a fifth between 2005 and 2010, the number of students requiring special education services has risen from 17 percent of the student body to 23 percent, up from just under 14 percent a decade ago, according to the Cleveland Metropolitan School District.

Such trends alarm those who worry about the increasing inequity in schools. “I see greater stratification and greater segregation,” said Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers.

Educators are concerned that a vicious cycle will set in. Some of the largest public school systems in the country are in danger of becoming “the schools that nobody wants,” said Jeffrey Mirel, an education historian at the University of Michigan.

Jeanmarie Hedges, a mother of two teenage sons, moved her family out of Prince George’s County two years ago because the proportion of students passing standardized tests was much lower than in neighboring Charles County, Md.

Ms. Hedges said she was also driven by fear of violence in the school. “Some of our friends went there and they were beaten up a lot,” she said.

A. Duane Arbogast, acting deputy superintendent for academics in Prince George’s County, said he recognized the challenge of persuading families to send their children to public schools.

“We simply have to get better and provide an education that people of all social classes would be proud of,” said Mr. Arbogast, who cited a new health sciences academy and a planned performing arts high school in his district.

But declining enrollment can force tough trade-offs. “If you want to offer Spanish but you only have 80 kids taking Spanish, then your cost per pupil” is larger than if you have 500 in Spanish classes, said Jonathan Travers, director at Education Resource Strategies, a nonprofit consulting group that helps school systems adjust to changes in enrollment.

Before the Mesa district closed Brimhall Junior High School this year, the school lost teachers in art, music and technology in part because of a declining student head count. That made it harder for the school, which faces competition from many charter schools, to attract students.

“Education has gotten to be almost a sales job,” said Susan Chard, who taught seventh grade math at Brimhall for 18 years. “You want to provide reasons for parents to bring their children to your school.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/24/ed...ment.html?_r=2

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 28th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Old August 13th, 2012 #116
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...-homeschooling

As homeschooling gained widespread popularity throughout the 1990s, the public-education establishment found it increasingly difficult to stop the exodus of families seeking something better for their children. But with the introduction of online learning in the late 1990s, a core of education “entrepreneurs” suggested that, using the charter-school concept, public schools might just offer their own version of homeschooling that would allow students to fulfill all the requirements set by a district – but instead of going to a classroom they could use an online curriculum.

One of those entrepreneurs was former U.S. Education Secretary William Bennett, who in 1999 helped found a company called K12, which has gone on to be a leading player in what has become known as the “Virtual Academy.” Companies like K12 contract with school districts to provide curriculum and education consultants, in return reaping part of the local, state, and federal tax money that the district gets for each student. The families that sign on to these public-school virtual academies get “free homeschooling” for their kids – which typically includes “free” computers and other perks – while the school district retains the per-student monies it would have lost had those families gone with another homeschool option. It all sounds like a win-win scenario, right?

Wrong! Companies like K12 and Connections Academy have exerted great effort to convince the public that they are providing a quality homeschool option through public schools.

But homeschool experts point out that these public-school virtual academies have little in common with traditional homeschooling. Dr. Ray noted that while traditional homeschooling has always been privately funded and privately pursued, public-school virtual academies are tax-funded, state-run, and state-controlled. Ray emphasized that in the virtual academy model, “the state chooses and controls the curriculum – that which is used to teach, train, and indoctrinate the student.”

By contrast, he said, “in home-based education and private schools, parents and private organizations get to decide what is used to teach, train, and indoctrinate children. The center of power and control with a virtual academy is the state; in private education, it is parents, family, and freely-chosen private associations.”

Old August 14th, 2012 #117
Alex Linder
Administrator

[but you can make excuses for 'em]

Obama's Educational Excellence Initiative

by Walter E. Williams

President Barack Obama recently wrote an executive order that established a White House initiative on educational excellence for black Americans Never in my life have i seen any official authority express a single word of concern for White education, or what was good/specific for White children. It is astonishing that the people who pay for this country tolerate the kind of crap that is taken for granted. that will be housed in the Department of Education. It proposes "to identify evidence-based best practices" like keeping niggers in cages to improve black achievement in school and college. Though black education is in desperate straits, the president's executive order will accomplish absolutely nothing to improve black education but it will waste more millions of white-earned money. The reason is that it does not address the root causes of educational rot among black Americans. Their retard-level IQ? It's not rocket science; let's look at it.

The president's initiative contains not one word about rampant inner-city school violence, which makes educational excellence impossible. During the past five years, Philadelphia's 268 schools had 30,000 serious criminal incidents, including assaults – 4,000 of which were on teachers – robberies and rapes. Prior to recent layoffs, Philadelphia's school district employed about 500 police officers. In Chicago last year, 700 young people were gunfire victims, and dozens of them lost their lives. Similar stories of street and school violence can be told in other large, predominantly black cities, such as Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland and Newark. Why do we tolerate these niggers among us? What is morally wrong with rounding them up and putting them to sleep? Who wouldn't be better off if we did that?

If rampant school crime is not eliminated, academic excellence will be unachievable. If anything, the president's initiative will help undermine school discipline, because it advocates "promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools." That's code for Boss Nigger demands that whites who don't commit crimes be disciplined as often as niggers who do. He's going to ask white kids to pay a little more. Get them used to taking resposibility for niggers, something they'll be "asked" to do their whole life. Itz neo-slavery, dog, dig it. That means, for example, if black students are suspended or expelled at greater rates than, say, Asian students, it's a "disparate use of disciplinary tools." Thus, even if blacks are causing a disproportionate part of disciplinary problems, they cannot be disciplined disproportionately. Niggers: No one may hold them accountable.

Whether a student is black, white, orange or polka-dot and whether he's poor or rich, there are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to do well in school. Someone must make the student do his homework, see to it that he gets a good night's rest, fix a breakfast, make sure he gets to school on time and make sure he respects and obeys his teachers. Here's my question: Which one of those requirements can be accomplished by a presidential executive order, a congressional mandate or the edict of a mayor? If those minimal requirements aren't met, whatever else is done is for naught. Well said.

Spending more money on education cannot replace poor parenting. If it could, black academic achievement wouldn't be a problem. Washington, D.C., for example, spends $18,667 per student per year holy fucking shit, what a waste, more than any state, but comes in dead last in terms of student achievement. Paul Laurence Dunbar High School was established in 1870 in Washington, D.C., as the nation's first black public high school. From 1870 to 1955, most of its graduates went off to college, earning degrees from Harvard, Princeton, Williams, Wesleyan and others. Jewish civil rights triumphs again - destroying the black community as a byproduct of jews' larger goal of destroying the white. This is the part Williams won't tell you. As early as 1899, Dunbar students scored higher on citywide tests than students at any of the district's white schools. Its attendance and tardiness records were generally better than those of white schools. This doesn't mean quite what Williams is implying. It is likely that the more intelligent white students had private tutors or were not in the public system. But the point that niggers in a segregated and unjewed system could do considerably better than they do today is accurate. During this era of high achievement, there was no school violence. It wasn't racially integrated. It didn't have a big budget. It didn't even have a lunchroom or all those other things that today's education establishment says are necessary for black academic achievement. Public schools' real mission is not what the NEA and other advocates claim it is.

Numerous studies show that children raised in stable two-parent households do far better educationally and otherwise than those raised in single-parent households. Historically, black families have been relatively stable. From 1880 to 1960, the proportion of black children raised in two-parent families held steady at about 70 percent So right when jew-produced and -promoted 'civil rights' triumphed, black society fell apart. And white society too. I'm sure it was by accident.; in 1925 Harlem, it was 85 percent. Today only 33 percent of black children benefit from two-parent families. In 1940, black illegitimacy was 19 percent; today it's 72 percent. Thanks, jews!

Too many young blacks have become virtually useless in an increasingly high-tech economy. The only bright outlook is the trickle of more and more black parents realizing this and taking their children out of public schools. The president's initiative will help enrich the education establishment but do nothing for black youngsters in desperate educational need.

August 14, 2012

Walter E. Williams is one of very few blacks who can write something worth readingthe John M. Olin distinguished professor of economics at George Mason University, and a nationally syndicated columnist. To find out more about Walter E. Williams and read features by other Creators Syndicate columnists and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate web page.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/williams-...lliams137.html

Old August 14th, 2012 #118
America First

White working class children starting in the 1950's in the largest mixed race cites suffered Untold damage by attending schools with blacks.

By the late 1960's Congoid bastards in our largest citie's were assaulting and murdering White children with impunity. The joos behind Brown Versus Board Of Education IMO knew fully what they were really doing.

They were setting in motion a one sided violent nation wrecking costly war against White America.

At first upper class Whites just moved out the cities, and in to the suburbs etc.

By 1980, savage conduct enhanced by jooish owned media ramped up the http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ of America.

The movies and TV combined is a unpunished crime IMO at the time and to present day.

The juvenile detention institutions and prisons were over filled in all major cities.

Working class children in the thousands fled public schools and joined the military at 17 to escape or ended up in the streets wondering the regime.

Poor White children suffered, and that story has never been hinted at.
http://www.nnnforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62473
http://www.nnnforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41321
Hollywood joos produced a movie on this subject making fun of it.

Shame and decency they don't have, but genocidal hate they have.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; August 14th, 2012 at 03:54 AM.

Old August 22nd, 2012 #119
Alex Linder
Administrator

WND's massive list of FEMALE public school teachers caught having sex with students

http://www.wnd.com/2011/06/39783/

Old February 16th, 2013 #120
Alex Linder
Administrator

A family homeschooling safely in rural Tennessee may be forced to return to their native Germany, where the parents likely face huge fines and criminal penalties, and could lose custody of their five school-age children.

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike are looking to the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to give them permanent refugee status. But Attorney General Eric Holder is disputing their case, arguing Germany’s ban on homeschooling fails to violate the family’s fundamental rights.

The Romeikes fled Germany in 2008 after authorities fined them thousands in euros and forcibly took their children because they homeschool. In 2010, a U.S. immigration judge granted the Romeikes political asylum—the first time this status was granted based on compulsory schooling laws. The judge found the family has legitimate fear of persecution in Germany, where a small group of Christian homeschooling families have already been jailed, fined, and stripped of their children.

http://blonde-on-a-mission.tumblr.co...ation-fight-in

Thread