Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 28th, 2006 #1
Sean Martin

Sean Martin
Default Dennis “McCloud” Weaver dies at age 81 (they go in 3’s)

US actor Dennis Weaver, 'McCloud' star, dies at 81: publicist

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - US actor Dennis Weaver, who starred in the 1970s hit television detective series "McCloud" and in films such as Orson Welles' "A Touch of Evil," has died aged 81, his publicist said.

Weaver, a slim, drawling actor best known for his television work including the hit 1960s Western "Gunsmoke," died of complications from cancer on Friday in his home in the western state of Colorado, Julian Myers told AFP.

Weaver, born in 1924 in the southern state of Missouri, had roles in more than 90 movies and television shows in a career spanning 53 years, but will be best remembered as the Stetson-wearing sleuth Sam McCloud in the 1970-77 show in which he played a New Mexico cop transposed onto the streets of New York.

Weaver starred in several television series, including "Gunsmoke," for which he won an Emmy in 1959 for his portrayal of Marshal Matt Dillon's pal Chester Goode in the series that ran from 1955 to 1975.

He also worked with future big screen movie mogul Steven Spielberg, starring in his 1970 classic television movie "Duel," in a career that also saw him play lead roles in 40 big screen movies.

Among his screen credits are the legendary Welles 1958 crime classic "A Touch of Evil," starring Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh and in "Duel at Diablo" (1966) with James Garner and Sidney Poitier.

Weaver served as a US Naval Air Corps pilot before studying theatre at the University of Oklahoma.

In 1948 he was a finalist in the decathlon in the Unites States Olympic trials and in his 20s, as a member of the famed Actors Studio, he made his Broadway acting debut in "Come Back, Little Sheba," and was subsequently signed by Universal Studios and brought to Hollywood.

Weaver would have turned 82 on June 4th and is survived by his wife of 60 years, Gerry, by sons Rick, Rob, and Rusty, daughters-in-law Judith and Madison, and grandchildren Jennifer, Travis, and Jess.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060227...m_060227195441

Old March 2nd, 2006 #2
White Winger

White Winger

Alright,that's enough!!Let's see some "famous" nigger devils die off now!!

Old March 3rd, 2006 #3
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
US actor Dennis Weaver, 'McCloud' star, dies at 81: publicist

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - US actor Dennis Weaver, who starred in the 1970s hit television detective series "McCloud" and in films such as Orson Welles' "A Touch of Evil," has died aged 81, his publicist said.

He also worked with future big screen movie mogul Steven Spielberg, starring in his 1970 classic television movie "Duel," in a career that also saw him play lead roles in 40 big screen movies.

In 1948 he was a finalist in the decathlon in the Unites States Olympic trials and in his 20s
I saw the jew Spielberg movie, Duel, recently. Yeah, I know he's a jew but it was still good, just the same.

One scene had Weaver chasing the big rig on foot. Weaver played a milktoast type but when he darted out of the diner after the truck I remember thinking to myself...man, that guys got track star speed for an actor and he was in his middle 40's at the time.

Decathlon...I mighta known.

Old March 5th, 2006 #4
Sean Martin

Sean Martin

Ironically he played a gimp in Gunsmoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
One scene had Weaver chasing the big rig on foot. Weaver played a milktoast type but when he darted out of the diner after the truck I remember thinking to myself...man, that guys got track star speed for an actor and he was in his middle 40's at the time.

Decathlon...I mighta known.

Old March 5th, 2006 #5
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

Herman van Houten

Quote:
I saw the jew Spielberg movie, Duel, recently.
Ah shit, I liked that movie. I saw it when I thought jews were like whites, only better at playing the violin. Only about 10 years ago.

I should have guessed it was a Spielberg flick, with every bad character being a redneck. I hope Spielberg dies soon in a horrible way.

Old March 8th, 2006 #6
bedford

bedford

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, a rare breed in Hollyweird these days.

Old March 21st, 2006 #7
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

SUNOFSPARTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford
He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, a rare breed in Hollyweird these days.
Weaver and James Arness were both vegetarians.That's probably why they outlived all the other characters on Gunsmoke,except Burt Reynolds, who was much younger than the original bunch.

Old March 23rd, 2006 #8
Rob S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
I saw the jew Spielberg movie, Duel, recently. Yeah, I know he's a jew but it was still good, just the same.
That's the way they start out in every industry they enter. They might actually make a good product at first, but once they deliberately corner the market and have run everyone else off, they only produce kikeshit.
This has been one of the classic definitions of jewry, throughout the ages.
But I know you already know that.

Thread