VNN Broadcasts

Old February 19th, 2005 #1
Firestone

Default Water on Mars

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7026

Old February 20th, 2005 #2
Whirlwind

Whirlwind

I seriously doubt this mission is to discover IF there is water there. My guess is they are looking for clues as to what happened to the water that was there.
See: www.solarviews.com/cap/mgs/mgstopo1.htm

Note the impact crater. Now note what they are referring to as mountains. You will see that these features are exactly opposite each other. They are not mountains, but an ejection site for whatever caused the impact crater. I would guess Mars was pretty much like Earth, until whatever struck it, struck it.
I suspect they are trying to qualify whatever struck Mars.

Old February 20th, 2005 #3
Firestone

The mountains could be a formation caused a long time ago by a great cataclysm. Perhaps there was an ocean there? The Pacific and Atlantic have deep underwater canyons that if it was photographed (with minus water) it might look like the Martian mountains.

You might also be interested in this
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6994667/

Old February 20th, 2005 #4
Aryan Lord

Aryan Lord

Whatever the truth is ZOG doesn`t want the truth be known, the truth about the extraterrestrial origins of the Aryan race.
This planet is not our final home.
Great thread Firestone.

Old February 21st, 2005 #5
Whirlwind

Whirlwind

Anyone who has ever shot a semi-solid round object, like an orange, and looked at the entry and exit, would recognize the look of an entry and exit wound. They are not mountains in the geologic way you are thinking. The highest points on Mars just happen to be opposite the largest impact crater. Coincidence? That is why I gave the link to a topo map shown on a sphere, this feature is much harder to discern on a flat map.
Whatever centerpunched the planet Mars, flashed off the atmosphere, and killed the core. I'm guessing "they" want to know what caused this, particularly if it was not natural.
Hematite is a water created mineral. A simple sample mission would have qualified the exitence or non-existence of water by finding or not finding this or other water created minerals. The scope of this mission seems MUCH bigger.

Thread