Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 24th, 2020 #1
Tony Boone

Default Help me pick a guitar color.

Ok, I need some help picking a color for a guitar I’d like to buy. Please look that the guitars (Dusenberg Paloma) at the below link and post your favorite color of those pictured. I’m leaning toward the Dusenberg Paloma CSR withe the green coming in second. I like the black one but I hope to get another Dusenberg guitar which is black and the only color offered.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_...=Paloma&smcs=0

Old May 24th, 2020 #2
Tony Boone

Who’s the retard that gave me a thumbs down on this post?
It’s in the music section.
Think someone is envious.

Old May 24th, 2020 #3
Tony Boone

Ok, this is the color I’m leaning toward.

Old May 25th, 2020 #4
bedford

Black would be my first choice and red second. I saw a list of top 50 best rock guitarists. Both John Lennon and George Harrison made the top 25.
I did not know Lennon was so highly regarded as a guitarist. I agree about Harrison. Hendrix was given the top spot and Clapton was second. I think that Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple should be on the top 50 list. But all these lists are just subjective.

Old May 25th, 2020 #5
Tony Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford View Post
Black would be my first choice and red second. I saw a list of top 50 best rock guitarists. Both John Lennon and George Harrison made the top 25.
I did not know Lennon was so highly regarded as a guitarist. I agree about Harrison. Hendrix was given the top spot and Clapton was second. I think that Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple should be on the top 50 list. But all these lists are just subjective.
At least two people hate German guitars.

Well I think we all know why Hendrix gets the top spot. Plenty of guitarists as good or better than him.

I don’t think Lennon was as good as George Harrison or even Paul McCartney.

Well black would be my first choice but I’m planning on another Dusenberg purchase and that guitar only comes in black. That red sparkle is something. Reminds me of those “clackers” toys of the early seventies.

Old May 25th, 2020 #6
bedford

Those guitars are kind of pricey. Playing guitar is not my strong suit. I can play piano by ear though
Back around 1986 I had a roommate who liked to have several friends come over to the apartment and jam with their acoustic guitars. They would usually play the same songs like Neil Young, Skynyrd, Waylon Jennings and that type of music.
One white guy called himself a bluesman and really like the movie Crossroads with Ralph Machio.
That I where Machio goes to Mississippi to find Robert Johnson's lost song. It is a good flick.
At the end of these weekend jam sessions the whole apartment would be filled with empty beer cans and cigarette butts. They were good guys .

Old May 25th, 2020 #7
bedford

I might pick Eddie Van Halen as the best rock guitarist. I know guitar magazine picked as the best for several years in a row. Paul McCartney has been playing some concerts lately in the Cavern Club in Liverpool when the Beatles played way back around 1962 or earlier. He turns 78 In June. He keeps putting out albums every few years but the last solo album of his that i really liked was Tug of War in 1982. Aside from that crappy song Ebony and Ivory it was good. He does a good duet with Carl Perkins.

Thread