VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 17th, 2014 #301
alex revision

Ebola TV Series in the Works From Lynda Obst, Ridley Scott

Based on Richard Preston's 1994 best-seller 'The Hot Zone,' the limited series is being produced by Fox TV Studios

As the Ebola virus continues to dominate the headlines, producer Lynda Obst and director-producer Ridley Scott are bringing the deadly pathogen to the small screen with a limited series for Fox TV Studios based on Richard Preston's 1994 nonfiction best-seller The Hot Zone.

For the past year, the pair quietly has been working on the property, which they optioned two decades ago and never let lapse, hiring Jeff Vintar (I, Robot) to adapt. But the project became incredibly timely a few months ago when the current outbreak — the deadliest manifestation of the disease to date — began to emerge in West Africa. Ebola has ravaged several countries in Africa, killing some 4,400, and has since spread to the United States, claiming one victim in Texas. Two nurses who cared for the Texas patient have tested positive for the disease, which kills about half of the people who contract it. This week, it came to light that one of the nurses flew from Cleveland to Dallas the day before testing positive, setting off a new wave of fears that the disease will continue to spread.

“I think it's the speed with which it kills that makes the disease so frightening,” Obst tells The Hollywood Reporter. “People hoped it would stay in some remote part of the world. But that's a fantasy in the modern world. The modern world makes us one big connected family.”

Preston is writing a piece for next week's New Yorker magazine (The Hot Zone started out as an 1992 article in the New Yorker), chronicling the current outbreak. Obst and Scott, who originally conceived the project as a film that Scott would direct for 20th Century Fox starring Jodie Foster, are in conversations to option Preston’s latest article and would work it into the series, which spans the history of the disease, including a 1989 incident in which primates at a quarantine facility in Virginia became infected with a mutated version of Ebola.

Obst and Scott have the inside track on the new article because Preston has been working with the pair for the past year on the limited series. Scott, who would potentially direct at least the first episode, will serve as an executive producer alongside Obst, David Zucker and Jim Hart, who wrote the original feature screenplay Crisis in the Hot Zone. Once the disease’s latest twist is incorporated into the series’ script, Obst and Scott will take it out to networks.

“A limited series is a great way to do this because you don't have to limit it to a three-act structure like you do with a film,” Obst adds.

Scott is in postproduction on Exodus: Gods and Kings, a film he directed and produced for Fox. On the TV front, he has Killing Jesus in production for National Geographic Channel (the project is based on the best-seller by Bill O’Reilly). Obst has one of the hottest films of 2014 on the horizon: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.

Vintar is repped by WME and attorney Sandy Fox.

Ebola TV Series in the Works From Lynda Obst, Ridley Scott (Exclusive)

Old October 17th, 2014 #302
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Winterfrost View Post

Still does not qualify as "homosexuality". Is penetration ever made? Is there a "money shot"?

Is this really just the way animals without opposable thumbs chock-the-chicken?

Is he activated by the scent of a bitch in heat?

Old October 17th, 2014 #303
ELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex revision View Post
Ebola TV Series in the Works From Lynda Obst, Ridley Scott

Based on Richard Preston's 1994 best-seller 'The Hot Zone,' the limited series is being produced by Fox TV Studios

As the Ebola virus continues to dominate the headlines, producer Lynda Obst and director-producer Ridley Scott are bringing the deadly pathogen to the small screen with a limited series for Fox TV Studios based on Richard Preston's 1994 nonfiction best-seller The Hot Zone.

For the past year, the pair quietly has been working on the property, which they optioned two decades ago and never let lapse, hiring Jeff Vintar (I, Robot) to adapt. But the project became incredibly timely a few months ago when the current outbreak — the deadliest manifestation of the disease to date — began to emerge in West Africa. Ebola has ravaged several countries in Africa, killing some 4,400, and has since spread to the United States, claiming one victim in Texas. Two nurses who cared for the Texas patient have tested positive for the disease, which kills about half of the people who contract it. This week, it came to light that one of the nurses flew from Cleveland to Dallas the day before testing positive, setting off a new wave of fears that the disease will continue to spread.

“I think it's the speed with which it kills that makes the disease so frightening,” Obst tells The Hollywood Reporter. “People hoped it would stay in some remote part of the world. But that's a fantasy in the modern world. The modern world makes us one big connected family.”

Preston is writing a piece for next week's New Yorker magazine (The Hot Zone started out as an 1992 article in the New Yorker), chronicling the current outbreak. Obst and Scott, who originally conceived the project as a film that Scott would direct for 20th Century Fox starring Jodie Foster, are in conversations to option Preston’s latest article and would work it into the series, which spans the history of the disease, including a 1989 incident in which primates at a quarantine facility in Virginia became infected with a mutated version of Ebola.

Obst and Scott have the inside track on the new article because Preston has been working with the pair for the past year on the limited series. Scott, who would potentially direct at least the first episode, will serve as an executive producer alongside Obst, David Zucker and Jim Hart, who wrote the original feature screenplay Crisis in the Hot Zone. Once the disease’s latest twist is incorporated into the series’ script, Obst and Scott will take it out to networks.

“A limited series is a great way to do this because you don't have to limit it to a three-act structure like you do with a film,” Obst adds.

Scott is in postproduction on Exodus: Gods and Kings, a film he directed and produced for Fox. On the TV front, he has Killing Jesus in production for National Geographic Channel (the project is based on the best-seller by Bill O’Reilly). Obst has one of the hottest films of 2014 on the horizon: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.

Vintar is repped by WME and attorney Sandy Fox.

Ebola TV Series in the Works From Lynda Obst, Ridley Scott (Exclusive)
Hmm I get the feeling that the only reason this show is being made is to ramp up the fear level over ebola, don't get me wrong I know that ebola is not to be taken lightly but one does have to wonder the reason why this tv show is being made for.

No doubt this show will have the magical super nigger doctor who is trying to save lives but is being foiled by the evil, bumbling white man.

Old October 17th, 2014 #304
The Bobster
Banned

http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/dont-sa...1-dispatchers/

911 dispatchers forbidden from saying ‘Ebola’ on the radio
By Shawn Cohen, Jamie Schram and Laura Italiano
October 16, 2014 | 1:25am

911 dispatchers are being told to not use the word "Ebola" over the radio if it is suspected a patient might have contracted the deadly disease.
Photo: Shutterstock

City officials are so jittery about causing widespread Ebola panic that 911 dispatchers have been forbidden from dropping any “E”-bombs over the radios, The Post has learned.

An FDNY memo instructs all personnel to use more vague terms when discussing the deadly disease, which is threatening to become a global pandemic.

“At no point shall a dispatcher transmit over the radio any message containing the word ‘Ebola’ or related terminology,” according to the advisory, which was obtained by The Post.

Dispatchers instead must use the code letters “F/T,” as in Fever/Travel, to indicate that a 911 caller has a fever and a history of travel to West Africa. “Engine XXX, utilize Universal Precautions — you are responding to a Fever/Travel incident,” dispatchers are now ordered to say.

A source said the directive is meant to minimize fear of a citywide outbreak, since the emergency radio channels are closely monitored by civilian hobbyists and members of the media.

“Just like you can’t say bomb on an airplane, we can’t say ‘Ebola,’ ” said the source. “Back in the ’80s and ’90s, taking universal precautions meant someone has AIDS. And we weren’t allowed to say AIDS either.”

The disease has killed one man in Dallas, and two nurses who treated him contracted the disease despite taking precautionary measures.

Still, officials in New York are confident that first responders are able to treat potential patients without contracting the highly contagious virus. FDNY medics who respond to at-risk patients have been told to wear polyethylene-coated paper gowns, gloves and face masks with plastic eye visors, officials said.

Responders were given a memo laying out a 19-step process for putting on and then safely removing and disposing of their protective gowns and gloves.

“We are the agency on the front lines of this — 99 percent of the jobs will be handled by us,” said Israel Miranda, head of New York’s EMS union.

The FDNY also has a dozen elite “Haztec” workers in each borough designated to deal with potential Ebola patients who are vomiting, bleeding or suffering diarrhea, sources said.

They are equipped with $2,000 in special protective gear and would provide transport to a hospital. Most patients would go to Bellevue Hospital, where up to 20 isolation rooms are available.

“We can replicate the same isolation rooms in other hospitals if needed,” said Dr. Ram Raju, the commissioner of the city’s Health and Hospitals Corp.

The directive sent to 911 dispatchers ordering them to never use the word “Ebola” in radio messages.

Blood samples will be tested by the city Health Department at its lab across the street from Bellevue, with results available within six hours, said Dr. Jay K. Varma, deputy commissioner of the department.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will do backup tests yielding results the following day, he said.

The Medical Examiner’s Office “will take jurisdiction over any confirmed or suspected Ebola death” in the city, a spokesperson said.

“We have now had about 133 calls since July concerning patients with possible Ebola symptoms,” Varma said. “And all 133 are false alarms.”

But at least one company — the city’s main supplier of body bags — is ready to pitch in should the outbreak turn into an all-out crisis.

“We have more than 100,000 bags on hand,” assured company vice president Basheer Mahar.

Last night, the Department of Education sent a letter to school principals containing Ebola information and instructions on how to deal with possible cases.

The letter said that if a student who had traveled to an Ebola-stricken nation shows symptoms, he or she should “be seen immediately by the school nurse.”

Old October 17th, 2014 #305
The Bobster
Banned

http://nypost.com/2014/10/17/we-are-...-ebola-stigma/

‘We are Liberian, not a virus': SI immigrants face Ebola stigma
By Erin Calabrese and Rebecca Harshbarger
October 17, 2014 | 3:25am

Oretha Bestman-Yates, president of the Staten Island Liberian Community Association, says she is worried about the shame among and abuse of fellow Liberian immigrants living on Staten Island.
Photo: New York Post/Chad Rachman

Their accents clear subway cars. They are denied work as soon as anyone hears where they are from. And their kids are being bullied at school.

Residents of Staten Island’s Liberian community — the largest outside of Africa — said life has been a struggle since the Ebola outbreak, and it has been impossible to break free from the stigma.

Community leader Oretha Bestman-Yates, 43, flew to her homeland in July to visit her nieces and nephew, and she was cleared by her doctor to go back to her job at a private hospital when she returned.

But her bosses instead forced her to go on unpaid leave since the family trip, she said.

“I asked them, ‘Are you telling me not to come in because of Ebola, or because I’m Liberian?’ ” said Yates, who also runs the Staten Island Liberian Community Association in Clifton.

The frustrated mom said she loses $1,100 every two weeks that she is out of work, and her car has been repossessed. She also recently caught people whispering about her in public.

“The people sitting next to me looked, and I heard them whispering,” said Yates. “And they said, ‘She’s Liberian’ . . . They walked away from me.”

Her young son is taking it hard.

“He’s only 6 years old, and he normally says, ‘I am Liberian,’ ” said Yates. “But he told me he doesn’t want to say that anymore because all people talk about is Ebola.”

About 10,000 Liberians live on Staten Island, largely in the Park Hill and Clifton neighborhoods. Many moved there during a civil war in their homeland.

A flyer about Ebola health screenings in a Staten Island apartment building lobby. The borough is home to the largest population of Liberians outside of Africa.
Photo: New York Post/Chad Rachman

Sando Roberts, 50, who does construction work on Staten Island, said he has struggled to find work since the Ebola crisis.

“It’s human nature for people to look at this in a funny way and be scared. I understand people’s fears,” said Roberts.

“I have a 14-year-old son. I don’t want to die. I don’t want him to die, either. But this seems extreme.”

Ahmed Kargbo, 45, of Mariners Harbor said he was riding an R train on Monday when passengers heard his voice and cleared his entire subway row.

“People can detect your accent and know you’re from Africa,” said Kargbo, who hails from Sierra Leone.

“The whole row I sat on went empty. I was kind of shocked that this happens in the United States of America.”

His friend was told at a Labor Day party to use a napkin if he wanted to touch a plate, while a partygoer said when he saw him that “Ebola is walking around.”

“They think you are the disease itself, or you are a positive carrier,” said Kargbo. “Instead of avoiding me, let’s find a way of how they can be knowledgeable.”

Staten Island Councilwoman Debi Rose told The Post that Liberian kids in her district are being bullied after school.

“I have heard about instances where young Liberian children have been singled out, ostracized and made to feel responsible for this virus,” she said.

She added that she has reached out to Staten Island hospitals to make sure they are up to date on protocols for treating the disease and fully prepared.

One home health-care worker, who did not want to be identified, said her patient told her she didn’t want her coming back because she’s Liberian.

On Facebook, some Liberians are trying to fight back. They are posting pictures of themselves saying, “I’m Liberian, I’m not a virus.”

Old October 17th, 2014 #306
Ian Smith son

Don't Panic!
You cannot catch Ebola riding the bus.
Don't Ride The Bus if you have Ebola!
You can spread Ebola while riding the bus.

Actually, the CDC really did say this:
You cannot catch Ebola from sitting next to someone on a bus.
You can spread Ebola by riding on the bus.

http://cdn.mrctv.org/sites/default/file ... 960132.mp4

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-bl...ne-t15094.html

Old October 17th, 2014 #307
Jerry Abbott

Default Open defecation still common in Africa

Why does ebola get around so speedily and range so widely in Africa? One of the reasons is that many Africans simply squat by the roadside whenever they feel the urge to defecate. Other Africans, if they aren't careful where they step, will put their bare feet squishily into that nasty pile of poop. The feces of people infected with ebola is the most infectious substance known, with the possible exception of infected blood. When the rain comes, any ebola viruses in the fecal matter will wash into standing pools of water, where it might be swallowed by animals, which could then reinfect humans when used for food. Also, viruses could get into the ground water and contaminate wells.

Quote:
ABSTRACT.
In sub-Saharan Africa, it is estimated that 215 million people continue to engage in open defecation. This practice facilitates the transmission of diarrheal diseases – one of the leading causes of mortality in children under 5 in sub-Saharan Africa. The main purpose of this study is to: estimate changes in open defecation prevalence between 2005 and 2010 across countries in sub-Saharan Africa; examine the association between national level indices and changes in open defecation prevalence; and assess how many countries can achieve ‘open defecation free status’ by 2015.
And Uganda will put a man on the moon any day now.

Exploring changes in open defecation prevalence in sub-Saharan Africa based on national level indices

GW Study Documents Variability in Changes to Open Defecation among Sub-Saharan African Countries

Old October 17th, 2014 #308
iron and blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Smith son View Post
(DAILY SIGNAL) Despite the outbreak of Ebola, it is still possible to get a visa from the three West African countries at the heart of the outbreak, and a key congressman is demanding to know why.

Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee, sent a sternly worded letter to Secretary of State John Kerry about the Obama administration’s handling of the Ebola epidemic in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Royce said he was “deeply concerned” U.S. embassies in those countries were continuing to process visas for non-U.S. nationals despite the outbreak of the deadly disease.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/1328155/#cWCUzr8s1Wbq9SJJ.99

Really? He still can't figure it out? We have a President who hates White people and hates America, that's why.

Old October 18th, 2014 #309
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF View Post
Hmm I get the feeling that the only reason this show is being made is to ramp up the fear level over ebola, don't get me wrong I know that ebola is not to be taken lightly but one does have to wonder the reason why this tv show is being made for.

No doubt this show will have the magical super nigger doctor who is trying to save lives but is being foiled by the evil, bumbling white man.
You're probably right, it will be some variation of the heroic nigger/jew saving the day over the evil, incompetent Whites that has been standard in Hymiewood sludge for at least 20-30 years now.

Old October 18th, 2014 #310
Jerry Abbott

Default Obama Names Yet Another Jew, Ron Klain, As Ebola Czar.

Does Ron Klain have any medical background? No. Not a bit. He's a well-connected political hack. But he's a Jew, so he gets the job.

http://forward.com/.../ron-klain-jew...ite-house.../?

I must say, I don't like this. Klain is a Jew of the same kind as the Jews in Kiev who shot down Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-17 over Ukraine last July, and then tried to blame it on the Russians. If someone like this is to be the US "ebola czar," then it's possible that the current outbreak of ebola, and its relatively rapid migration to the United States, were planned events.

There have been certain details about the Thomas Duncan Narrative that I've had to scratch my head over.

Duncan wasn't rich. He was a driver for the boss of a delivery company. Yet he had the money for airfare from Monrovia to Dallas via Brussels and Washington DC. Where did he get the cash? I suppose that he might have saved it up. But such frugality isn't what I've come to expect from blacks.

Just look at the poor apartment Duncan had in that shack of a building on the outskirts of Monrovia. Does that look like the pad of a man who has international airfare money jingling in his pocket?

Upon developing the first symptoms of ebola, Duncan tried to admit himself (on 26 September) to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where he no doubt informed the admissions office that he was from Liberia, the he had had recent contact with someone who had died of ebola, and that he was now showing the same symptoms himself. With those kinds of red flags and alarm bells, Duncan should have been admitted instantly to an isolation ward and kept under quarantine. But he wasn't. He was given a small bottle of useless antibiotic and turned away.

Why?

Oh, sure, the hospital is now apologizing for its "error," but this isn't the sort of error that I'd have expected a hospital to make, upon hearing what Thomas Duncan must have told them about his symptoms and his recent past.

Again, with nurse Amber Vinson, the nurse phoned the CDC to ask whether she should get aboard Frontier Flight 1143. She would undoubtedly have told the CDC that she had been in recent contact with an ebola patient who had died, and that she was running a mild fever herself. Why would the CDC tell her she could board the plane?

Something smells. It's the same smell that I detected when, after learning that Ukraine's new government had shipped all of Ukraine's gold to the New York Federal Reserve Bank (where other countries' gold tends to disappear, never to be seen again), taken out large loans from Jewish-run banks in the European Union, imposed significant new and increased taxes on the Ukrainian people, and robbed all of the pension funds in the country... and then I found out that the new political bosses in Kiev were Jews. Yep. That smell. I smell it again now.

Recently (and tardily) Obama has begun to say that he might, maybe, ban flights to the US from West Africa. But that might be because Obama now has access to a domestic reservoir of ebola virus. So don't be surprised if there are ebola outbreaks somewhere in the US sometime soon.

Old October 18th, 2014 #311
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Abbott View Post
Recently (and tardily) Obama has begun to say that he might, maybe, ban flights to the US from West Africa. But that might be because Obama now has access to a domestic reservoir of ebola virus. So don't be surprised if there are ebola outbreaks somewhere in the US sometime soon.
I wonder what the REAL game being played is. An elite plan for massive depopulation? If that's it, wouldn't it be easier for them to just covertly distribute the shit (or some other virus) with, say, rooftop blowers on skyscrapers, in the air ducts of public buildings, or by dumping in municipal water supplies?

Or maybe it's an excuse to terrify the people into staying home while they take "drastic measures" to "save" us?

We just can't know at this point.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old October 18th, 2014 #312
Sean Gruber

The only thing we know for sure about Ebola is that you catch it from niggers. The rest is noise.

Let's spread the meme. STEER CLEAR OF BLACKS AT ALL COSTS.

Be racist. The life you save could be your own.

Less talk, more action

Old October 18th, 2014 #313
Ray Allan

Hard to say what the real deal is--a lot of speculation at this point. Ebola is real enough, and fear is a powerful tool for controlling populations. The fear-mongering by the government, the media and other tools of the state about virtually everything has reached epic proportions now. The constant assault of fear and other jew mind-fucks is literally turning most people into a bunch of zombies without any higher reasoning power and that is deliberate, of course.

If we're all cowering and hiding inside our homes for fear of catching the virus, how do the elites expect our society and infrastructure to continue functioning? Do they expect the military to do it, or something? What do they have to gain by this?

Another VNN poster, I can't recall who mentioned once this Ebola situation worsens and people say, "Save us, save us!" Obongo or his new jew Ebola czar will announce they miraculously have a vaccine (perhaps with a tracking microchip in it?) for the sheeple to line up and get, since this is looking more and more like a planned event/psyop like many other things. Problem-Reaction-Solution. Who knows right now?

Old October 18th, 2014 #314
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default A Wiggtard about to suck multiple Muh Dikks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
...Stupid cunt "whites" like this love playing the "martyr" who sacrifice themselves for the Oppressed People of Color...

Old October 18th, 2014 #315
alex revision

October 18, 2014 — A Florida inmate found a way to delay a bond hearing by saying he has Ebola.

A Broward County judge cleared the courtroom Friday morning after it was reported that 42-year-old Joseph Britton told an officer he had the deadly virus.

The judge, at first, didn’t know what to do, but he orders a lawyer to “back up” from Britton as a precaution.

Then the judge calls up a deputy, whose reaction is priceless. While the deputy orders everyone but Britton out, you can hear someone say “he’s just making it worse for everybody right now, man.”

Britton later claimed authorities took his words out of context. He says he was talking about a nurse in Fort Lauderdale that had Ebola.

The judge said it was likely all a hoax, but he still had to take it seriously.

Britton is facing charges of battery, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer without violence.

Old October 18th, 2014 #316
Cale Sparks
anti-American

Default It's a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bobster View Post
"The people sitting next to me looked, and I heard them whispering," said Yates. "And they said, 'She's Liberian' . . . They walked away from me."

"They think you are the disease itself, or you are a positive carrier," said Kargbo.

...some Liberians are trying to fight back. They are posting pictures of themselves saying, "I'm Liberian, I'm not a virus."
(an encouraging start)

"The white people sitting next to me looked, and I heard them whispering," "And they said, 'She's a nigger' . . . They walked away from me."

"They know you are the disease itself, and that you are a positive carrier,"

...some Whites are trying to fight back. They are saying, "That is a nigger, that is a virus."

Old October 18th, 2014 #317
ELF

Quote:
I wonder what the REAL game being played is. An elite plan for massive depopulation? If that's it, wouldn't it be easier for them to just covertly distribute the shit (or some other virus) with, say, rooftop blowers on skyscrapers, in the air ducts of public buildings, or by dumping in municipal water supplies?

Or maybe it's an excuse to terrify the people into staying home while they take "drastic measures" to "save" us?

We just can't know at this point.
I would say it is mostly likely to cause terror in order to brake the will of people so that they are freaked out to the point where the smallest thing will set off riots in order to justify the nullification of the constitution and declare marital law.

Or it could used as an excuse to justify *Mandatory* *Screening* of people and dispense with the *Infected*(Whites, the enemies of the jews/state) once the outbrake gains a little more traction in the JewSA.

Old October 18th, 2014 #318
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF View Post
I would say it is mostly likely to cause terror in order to brake the will of people so that they are freaked out to the point where the smallest thing will set off riots in order to justify the nullification of the constitution and declare marital law.

Or it could used as an excuse to justify *Mandatory* *Screening* of people and dispense with the *Infected*(Whites, the enemies of the jews/state) once the outbrake gains a little more traction in the JewSA.
You've also been watching too many zombie movies in between Alex Jones episodes. So you're claiming that the government is going to start rounding up and killing Whites while using Ebola screening as a cover?

Old October 18th, 2014 #319
Jerry Abbott

Quote:
As long as a living reservoir for ebola can be maintained, the infected persons (or animals) are walking ebola-shit factories disguised as hospital patients.

Old October 18th, 2014 #320
vladmir
Why are JEWS at my table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
Another very mongolian heeb looking NYC punk trying to make YT look weak.

Add to that these Apefricoons with their "we are the real jews" gibberish, always loud and obnoxious.

This nation is just one big lunatic asylum.

Thanks kikes.

Tags
#1, africa, dallas, ebola, liberia, texas

Thread