VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 18th, 2011 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default #1 UK takeaway scandals

Quote:
FOOD safety experts were called in to investigate a Hampshire kebab shop after a passer-by spotted a rat in the window.

When they took a closer look at The Kebab House in Lyndhurst, they shut it down immediately.

Rodent smear marks, body hairs, droppings and gnawed plastic bags were all found inside.

There were even footprints where rats had been scurrying around the dusty floor of an electrical cupboard.

A senior New Forest District Councillor later described the state of the takeaway as “disgusting” and “alien to the high standards” of the area.

Now pest-free, the Kebab House in High Street has been reopened – but its owner admitted an environmental health charge and was fined £1,000.

Salih Cetin pleaded guilty to failing to take adequate procedures to prevent the access of pests into his food shop when he appeared before New Forest magistrates.

The hearing was told that a member of the public spotted a rat in the window of The Kebab House on the afternoon of October 17.

Two food safety officers from New Forest District Council examined the building the next day – and immediately called for it to be closed to protect public health.

Mr Cetin co-operated and stopped trading for three days while the pests were removed.

Councillor Maureen Holding, New Forest District Council’s employment, health and wellbeing boss, said: “I was dismayed to hear about the disgusting state of the Lyndhurst Kebab House. This area has some excellent restaurants and hotels which work in pristine conditions.

“This Kebab House premises is totally alien to the high standards of the Forest.

“NFDC food safety officers and the council’s legal services took appropriate action and not only closed the premises immediately to protect public health but took the owner to court.

“I am pleased that the serious nature of the offence was confirmed by the court and that the owner was fined.”

Mr Cetin was also ordered to pay costs of £450.
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8794...b_shop_window/

Old January 18th, 2011 #2
Darius Appleby
Banned

Location: high rainfall coastal strip of the White Continent nation
Arrow rat face

Quote:
FOOD safety experts were called in to investigate a Hampshire kebab shop after a passer-by spotted a rat in the window.

When they took a closer look at The Kebab House in Lyndhurst, they saw it was the owner cleaning the inside of the window.
The most grotesque kebab story involved a muslim who worked in a kebab shop who was raping and murdering local White girls, and the bodies were never found.

Old April 5th, 2012 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Default Anyone fancy a Chinese?

Quote:
Health inspectors have fined and branded a Chinese takeaway 'the worst it has ever seen' for serving up stomach-churning grease, filthy work surfaces and floors.

The highly critical hygiene inspection came as these sickening pictures emerged showing dead flies stuck to worktops, a mountain of grease and mould lining doors and kitchen floors and utensils scattered aimlessly on dirt-ridden floors.

Gateshead Magistrates Court ordered the owner of The New Hop On in Sheriff Hill, Gateshead, to pay nearly £2,000 for contravening hygiene regulations.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125599/Is-Britains-worst-Chinese-takeaway-Owner-fined-2-000-dead-flies-mould-floors-covered-grease.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-grease.html normal

Quote:
'There was no procedure in place to deal with pests, particularly flying insects, and there was an excess number of them in rooms where the food was being stored.

'At the time the takeaway had not yet opened for customers but there was a large quantity of food defrosting at room temperature and the refrigerators were stacked with prepared food which they seemed intent on serving later that day.

'Photos were taken and on December 15 Kam Long To was interviewed under caution. During the interview he admitted he was the operator of New Hop On and confirmed it had been open for business on September 29.'

Speaking through an interpreter Kam Long To, who represented himself, pleaded guilty to three counts of contravening hygiene regulations, but said he thought the food inspectors would tell him what to do and then give him a chance to clean up.

'I understand the hygiene inspection is routine and yearly and during the previous inspections, every time, they let me know what I need to do to improve,' he said.

'They also gave a certain period of time for the improvements to be made and during those periods I would do my best to upgrade and improve.

'Every time I would follow the instructions of the inspectors and then a second inspection would take place to approve everything.

'Only this time, when I expected the inspectors to come back, they didn't have a second visit and I was summoned to court.'

Chairman of the bench Alistair Robson said there was no doubt conditions pictured in 70 photographs were the worst anyone on the bench had seen.

'For such serious offences the fine has to be high, and while the maximum could have been £5,000, we feel a sum of £1,000 for each of the charges is appropriate.

'However, we give credit for a guilty plea and you get one third off, so that is £665 for each offence - a total of £1995 - with a victim surcharge of £15.'

He was also ordered to pay costs of £950.

Old April 5th, 2012 #4
Sean O'Keith
Crushing human roaches

That's one for Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Old April 5th, 2012 #5
joefrombradford

Before i opened this thread, i actually thought it was gonna be a joke about Simone Clarke

Old April 5th, 2012 #6
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

My kitchen isn't far short of that. I think it's masculine though, goes well with the beer belly and Old Holborn.

Old April 30th, 2012 #7
Bev
drinking tea

Default Oh dear - Lamb kebabs (usually thought of as halal) found to contain pork

Quote:
Beware the next time you order a lamb kebab - as consumer watchdogs have discovered that every one they tested contained a concoction of other meats.

An investigation by trading standards officers has revealed that none of 20 lamb kebabs tested contained just lamb - while four lamb curries out of 19 did not contain any lamb at all.

Lamb is the most expensive meat consumers regularly buy, followed by beef and pork, with chicken being the cheapest.
Quote:
Yet incredibly, none of the 20 lamb kebabs sampled contained just lamb.

They all contained a mixture of lamb together with either pork, beef or poultry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137228/Trading-standards-officers-test-lamb-kebabs-20-restaurants--NONE-contained-just-lamb.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...just-lamb.html normal

Old April 30th, 2012 #8
Steven L. Akins
Banned

At least they didn't contain seafood.

Old April 30th, 2012 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
At least they didn't contain seafood.
.....give it time.

Crab kebab - ewwww.

Old April 30th, 2012 #10
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
.....give it time.

Crab kebab - ewwww.
I'm surprised lamb is expensive in Britain, they seem to have more sheep grazing about the countryside there than they do hogs or cattle.

Old April 30th, 2012 #11
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I'm surprised lamb is expensive in Britain, they seem to have more sheep grazing about the countryside there than they do hogs or cattle.
I don't eat lamb, so I don't know about its price, but you can get a chicken (injected full of water and misshapen) for a couple of quid. I think the price of lamb probably has something to do with a short birth season and/or the fact that sheep don't tend to have many live births in one go, but I don't really know - just surmising.

Old September 11th, 2012 #12
Bev
drinking tea

Default Chicken supplier who cleaned his premises with a pair of Y-FRONTS sold 30 tons of dirty meat to takeaways every week

Quote:
A meat distributor supplied up to 30 tons of filthy chicken to takeaways every week from an unlicensed processing plant - which had no knife steriliser or hand-washing basin.

Kamran Ajaib, 27, used Y-front underpants to clean his premises, Hamza Poultry Limited in Bristol, which operated as a makeshift butcher’s, Bristol Crown Court heard yesterday.

The chicken was distributed to kebab shops and takeaway restaurants across the city - and even as far afield as Swindon, Cardiff and Swansea.

Council officials raided the plant after a customer found metal wire in their takeaway chicken.

Ajaib’s premises had none of the necessary food hygiene approvals or licences to work with meat.

He pleaded guilty to 16 charges of failing to comply with food hygiene regulations between June 2010 and May 2011, but denied any knowledge of cutting chicken on the premises.

He told a previous hearing, held at the city’s magistrate’s court last year, that the chicken arrived in boxes from European Union-regulated factories and was left in those boxes.

But city council principal environmental health officer John Barrow said equipment used in meat preparation had been found during a raid on the premises, along with off-cuts of meat.

Mr Barrow said council officers and police found work tables, a saw often used to cut meat, knives, and a chainmail glove - used by butchers to prevent accidental injuries while chopping meat.

Open wheelie bins containing meat debris and bones were also discovered in the search. Council investigators estimated the unit processed ‘in excess of 20 to 30 tons a week’ of chicken.

Hygiene issue: The court heard that the pants were clean and came from a next door business, which had a surplus of old stock, and had been used as cleaning cloths at the chicken plant

Dirty gloves: The chicken was distributed to takeaway restaurants and kebab shops across Bristol and even as far afield as Swindon, Cardiff and Swansea

The court was also shown a photograph of a box of meat with a pair of underpants draped over it.

It heard that the pants were clean and came from a next door business, which had a surplus of old stock, and had been used as cleaning cloths at the chicken plant.

Bristol City Council successfully applied for an order from magistrates to destroy more than four tons of chicken seized in a raid on the unit in May last year.

Mr Barrow said a member of the public complained to the council after finding a piece of metal wire in a chicken takeaway. A council probe into the takeaway’s suppliers led them to Hamza Poultry.

From mobile phones and receipts seized in the raid they realised the meat was being distributed across the South West to what were described in court as ‘KFC clones and kebab shops’.

Asked what the premises needed to comply with safety standards, Mr Barrow said it lacked washbasins by work areas, a knife steriliser and any kind of safety management system.

'It doesn’t matter whether this meat is fit for human consumption or not. It is simply because they have not got the right licences in place'

Kate Burnham, who brought the application to destroy the meat on behalf of the council, said: ‘It doesn’t matter whether this meat is fit for human consumption or not. It is simply because they have not got the right licences in place.’

Ajaib told the earlier court hearing that he had stepped in at short notice to help his family, taking over the business from a brother who had been ‘locked up’ some months before the raid.

He said he had not known he needed a licence, and that the equipment he had on the site had come from a butcher who owed him money. Ajaib faces a possible jail term when sentenced next month.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201478/Chicken-supplier-cleaned-premises-pair-Y-FRONTS-sold-dirty-meat-takeaways.html

Yummy.

Old October 9th, 2012 #13
Bev
drinking tea

Default Oldham: Swarm of flies and blood-splattered freezer found in filthy Tandoori takeaway

Quote:
Environmental health officers sent to look at a 'filthy' takeaway were swamped by a swarm of flies when they opened its kitchen door.

The walls, floors, appliances and surfaces of the curry and pizza shop in Royton, Oldham, were also covered in dirt with some even splattered with blood, inspectors found.

Naz’s Ltd, who own Royton Tandoori and Pizza Centre, has admitted nine breaches of food hygiene regulations in court.

Poor: The cleanliness of the kitchen, as this photo shows, was awful, with inspectors fearing what could have happened to customers had they not intervened

The company was ordered to pay £5,515 - £500 for each offence plus £1,015 costs - by Oldham magistrates.

Ruth Crimmins, prosecuting on behalf of Oldham council, described the shocking scene that greeted the inspectors when they arrived on August 2.

'In the kitchen, there were flies swarming around the premises. They were dropping on to work surfaces. A fly dropped on the head of [one] inspector as she was walking underneath. There was also no fly screen to the rear door and the door frame was filthy,' she said

Mrs Crimmins added that walls, floors, freezers - one with a blood-splattered lid - sink, chopping boards, cloths and staff uniforms were dirty.

'An extractor had not been repaired for a year and a can opener was encrusted with debris.

'The customer waiting area was very hot and smoky.'

Disgusting: The owners admitted nine breaches of food hygiene regulations in court and were fined £5,000

Manager and chef Mohammed Ullah was in court to hear the catalogue of failings read out. Mrs Crimmins added: 'No anti-bacterial cleaners were available and when asked, Mr Ullah said they must have run out. A member of staff then produced a can of furniture polish.

'Packets of frozen fish were defrosting next to a bucket of lettuce and raw meat left next to pizza bases.

'Mr Ullah was not aware of the possibility of cross- contamination.

'He had attended a safer food workshop in September 2007 and had been trained in food hygiene but clearly that training was not being put into practice.

'If these premises had not been inspected by the food hygiene people, I dread to think what could have been the outcome.'

Dirty: A swarm of flies greeted environmental health officers when they arrived to inspect the dirty kitchen of Royton Tandoori

Inspectors served a hygiene improvement notice and returned a week later to find the premises had been cleaned.

Atiyah Malik, defending, said the company accepted things had not been up to the standard required by law.

But he said it had been a temporary deviation - adding that the takeaway had enjoyed a three-star hygiene rating since February.

She said: 'Mr Ullah and his daughter had been subject to harassment which resulted in criminal proceedings against an individual.

'Mr Ullah spent less and less time at the premises and the running of it was left to his second-in-command.'

She said a health and safety consultant had been hired, a steam cleaner bought and a cleaning rota put in place.

Jacqui Knowles, chairwoman of the bench, told Ullah: 'We are pleased that, since the inspection, standards have improved.

'We hope you will maintain and improve these standards.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215035/Swarm-flies-blood-splattered-freezer-filthy-Tandoori-takeaway-restaurant.html

Why on earth do people eat in such places?

Old October 9th, 2012 #14
andy

Quote:

Why on earth do people eat in such places?
There is the rub,it beggers belief and makes one wonder what their (patrons) homelife is like.For whatever reason people out of ignorance do not understand that aliens have a completely different perspective on what constitutes hygiene.It is quite universal among modern Aryans though,I am amazed at their stupidity and ignorance on such fundamental principles as food hygiene,storage and preperation.They all to a man seem unaware that the reason for the hot sauces in the first place is because of the piss poor food preperation

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 9th, 2012 #15
john-connor
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6EicYbfl2Es

Old October 9th, 2012 #16
fyc
fine young casuals

good, i hope its poisoned everyone wh has eaten food from there

Old October 9th, 2012 #17
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Quote:
Either they are piss ignorant pigs who don’t give a rat´s ass about hygiene or they are multicult luving assholes who swoon on about how delightful ethnic food is. Both types deserve to get poisoned.

Old October 9th, 2012 #18
Reinhard

'You are what you eat'

So if you eat this shit it merely confirms that you are a shitcunt!

Old October 9th, 2012 #19
Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
'You are what you eat'

So if you eat this shit it merely confirms that you are a shitcunt!
It's claimed that the proof of the pudding is in the tasting....and these cretins can't get enough of this Asian shit.

Old October 9th, 2012 #20
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

What sort of toppings do they put on Indian pizza? Cigarettes?

Tags
bon appetit, diner, food, halal, kosher, restaurant, takeaway

Thread