Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 16th, 2015 #181
Robbie Key

THOUGHTS ON THE AFTERMATH OF THE TERRORIST ATTACKS: CAST YOUR WATCHFUL EYE ON PARIS!

I know that these moments are still for mourning and shock but I am afraid that we won't have too much time for grief because events will accelerate and time is a question of life and death now. Quite literally, indeed. Europe and Hungary must be able to respond, and respond well too, because if we don't, then we will face even bigger and more horrible tragedies to come. I have collected some of my thoughts below so that I could provoke the necessary and constructive public debate:

1. There certainly is a connection between terrorism and migration. Immigration clearly increases the threat of terrorism. Immigrants are not terrorists, but there is a visible process that, having arrived in Europe, they realize that life is not just a piece of cake here either, which turns them into frustrated communities where terrorist cells can easily find their supply of human resources. Even after multiple generations... Europe's migration policy and the concept of a multicultural EU failed long ago, and after what happened yesterday, nobody can deny this failure any more.

2. The fault of political parties promoting, supporting migration and downplaying the dangers lying therein, especially the left, but also some figures on the right, cannot be denied as a factor leading to what is going on in Europe. The political forces that have been and continue imposing immigration on Europe are indirectly responsible for the Paris tragedy. The time for migrant-friendly policies is over in Europe and Hungary alike. If it has any common sense and an instinct to survive, our society will have to turn away from these parties and politicians.

3. The terrorist threat is not over yet, in fact it has just begun. Even though France promised a merciless retaliation, this kind of exposure will be hard to reduce. After ISIS is eliminated, masses of jihadists may return to Europe or fanaticize their local networks and communities here. Fortunately, Hungary is not a top target but we must state, without any panic-mongering, that our country must be prepared against terrorism as well.

4. Western Europe has come into a nearly insolvable situation since it put all of its eggs in the basket of multiculturalism so we cannot see if it has a way back at all. While we do worry about Western Europe and root for them not to collapse under this dilemma, we Eastern Central European nations will have to find our own way. We must establish closer cooperation in terms of the economy, politics and all other aspects, too. We must prepare for potentially standing on our own feet and walking our own path if the crisis of Western countries persists. In order to do so however, it is vital for the region's states to preserve their socio-cultural fabric and resist the migration influx with all their might - even against Brussels if need be.

5. Hungary cannot take in migrants – neither by way of a quota system nor a Dublin III based deportation. Neither two thousand of them, nor more. We must make our point very clear to Brussels: Hungary does not envision its future in the form of a multicultural country. Instead of collecting signatures, we must amend the Constitution very soon so that we could hold a binding referendum about the matter, which will in turn enable us to communicate our nation's standpoint clearly, at home and abroad alike.

http://jobbik.com/thoughts_on_the_af...l_eye_on_paris

Old January 21st, 2016 #182
Robbie Key

Márton Gyöngyösi: Release evidence proving which political parties are supported by the Russians!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Jobbik was pleased to learn that the US Congress had instructed James Clapper, the head of US intelligence agency, to conduct an investigation into the Russian financial support for political parties in the European Union write Jobbik Foreign Critic Márton Gyöngyösi in a statement released today.

The US intelligence agencies claim that the Greek Golden Dawn, the French National Front, the Italian Northern League, and the Hungarian Jobbik party have the support of the Russians. The report claims that these parties were given a loan of EUR 9 million by a Russian bank.

According to the US Congress, the Kremlin aims to exploit the division among the European countries to undermine NATO, to block the US missile defense system and revoke economic sanctions imposed against Russia.

Márton Gyöngyösi stressed Jobbik calls on the US authorities to make public the results of the criminal investigation as soon as possible, because the public has the right to know what outside powers are behind the political parties.

At the same time, we urge Russia to release the results of its own finding on possible US support for European political parties. European citizens deserve to see clearly in those issues.

http://www.hungarianambiance.com/201...-evidence.html

Old January 21st, 2016 #183
Robbie Key

Thumbs up

PM Viktor Orbán visits Moscow in February
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Quote:
Apparently, the visit has been initiated by the Russian side. The Russian president and the prime minister will probably, discuss the planned construction of two new nuclear blocks in Paks power plant by Russia's Rosatom and the possible purchase of Russian made helicopters by the Hungarian armed forces.

According to Népszabadság, the two sides likely to discuss EU sanctions against Russia as well. While Hungary reluctantly, but supported the sanctions the prime minister remarked after the vote that "once again, we shot ourselves in the foot" – sanctions are contrary to Hungarian national interests (Hungary suffers severe economic losses due to the sanctions).

The prime minister would like to see the lifting of counter-sanctions against Hungary by Russia. If this were to happen, we could again start exporting fruits, vegetables, meat to the huge Russian market.
http://www.hungarianambiance.com/201...moscow-in.html

Old June 7th, 2016 #184
Robbie Key

[seems to be some kind of split going on within the party]

HARDLINER MP ELŐD NOVÁK KICKED OUT OF JOBBIK’S PARLIAMENTARY GROUP
2016-06-07 |

Quote:
Radical nationalist Jobbik MP Előd Novák, known for his controversial comments, said he is returning his mandate after the party group’s vote of no confidence. Novák is reportedly playing an important role in Jobbik’s ongoing intra-party conflict, that is the reason why he was forced to quit the party’s leadership a week ago.

Novák said on Facebook that party leader Gábor Vona had informed him the new party board had called for his resignation. “I decided that the regrettably unfinished disputes over the party programme should be considered closed and I accepted the new board as legitimate … but Gábor Vona still thought it necessary to have me excluded from the party group and unexpectedly he went ahead with this today, individually consulting group members,” he said. Novák said he would continue serving as Jobbik’s leader in Budapest’s 11th district, adding that he wants to keep working for Jobbik as a member and an activist and he considers it a “basic moral duty” to stay in the party.

Novák’s exclusion was decided by a secret ballot vote in which 18 MPs voted against him, four in favour and two abstained from voting. The group held an hour-and-a-half-long debate about Novák’s fate before the vote, Jobbik spokesman Ádám Mirkóczki told a press conference. He said the party had yet to decide on Novák’s replacement.
http://hungarytoday.hu/news/hardline...ry-group-11164

Old February 12th, 2017 #185
Robbie Key

Exclusive: In First Talk With Jewish Media, Hungary’s Far Right Leader Strikes A New Pose

Lili Bayer February 8, 2017 BUDAPEST

Gábor Vona, who heads Hungary’s far-right party, Jobbik, famously showed up on his first day as a member of Parliament in 2010 wearing the uniform of a banned racist and an anti-Semitic paramilitary group.

But the morning of Wednesday, February 1, sitting in his office overlooking the partially frozen Danube River, Vona was dressed in a simple gray suit for his first-ever interview with a Jewish publication.

The 38-year-old leader of one of Europe’s most electorally successful far-right movements once said that “if it turned out about me that I were Jewish, then I would resign from my position.”

But as he sat down for his interview with the Forward, Vona projected a different, cordial — and at times even friendly — tone.

“Hungarian Jews have such serious trauma that it makes working together more difficult,” he said reassuringly. “This could change, perhaps in my generation or with young Jewish people now entering the active phase in their lives and getting into positions of responsibility. If we are able to extend hands to one another and understand each other, perhaps we can open a new chapter.”

He added: “If Jobbik comes to power, the Hungarian Jewish community can continue living its daily life as it has. We don’t want conflict with the Jewish community.”

With national elections in 2018 looming, Vona, who is infamous for his long record of anti-Semitic stands, is trying to shift his party’s public image and portray himself as a tolerant politician.

Last December, Vona sent a letter to the Hungarian Jewish community, conveying Hanukkah greetings — an unprecedented move for the far-right politician.

But Vona’s new rhetorical support for tolerance contrasts greatly with his past statements and with his actions, as well as with the ideology that he has nurtured over the past decade within Jobbik — today, Hungary’s second-largest party.

In 2012, Jobbik’s vice president, Márton Gyöngyösi, speaking in Parliament, called for the creation of a list of Jews in Hungary’s government. That same year, another Jobbik member of Parliament, Zsolt Baráth, gave a speech accusing the Jewish community of blood libel, referring to an infamous 19th-century case when Hungarian Jews were wrongfully accused of murdering a young girl.

Vona himself has engaged in strong racist, anti-Semitic and anti-Israel rhetoric over the past years. In one open letter in 2013 to Israel’s then-ambassador to Hungary, Ilan Mor, Vona wrote: “I find it distasteful if any nation or people wants to rule the world. The Jewish people, too. And I see this arrogance in your behavior.”

“I won’t be Israel’s dog.” he wrote.

In 2013, at a so-called “anti-Bolshevik, anti-Zionist” rally against a World Jewish Congress meeting in Budapest, Vona told the crowd that “Israeli conquerors, these investors, should look for another country in the world for themselves, because Hungary is not for sale.”

But the far-right leader now says that his views on Israel have always been consistent.

“We have criticisms of elements of Zionism,” he told me in his office. “But I never questioned Israel’s existence.”

“Our position is that there are two states, Israel and Palestine.”

He also said that Jobbik’s position is based on resolutions passed in the United Nations and that he hopes for peace in the region.

As an example of his party’s current tolerance, Vona pointed to one of Jobbik’s spokesmen, Péter Jakab, a practicing Catholic of Jewish origin whose grandparents survived the Holocaust.

As Vona spoke amid the simplicity of his neat office, his continuing ultra-nationalist ideological leanings could be seen plainly in a map hanging on his bookcase, portraying pre-World War I Hungary. Parts of modern-day Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Italy and Slovakia were encompassed within Hungary’s borders, and keeping the memory of Greater Hungary alive is part of Jobbik’s political agenda.

Vona was also one of the founders in 2007 of the Hungarian Guard (Magyar Gárda), a paramilitary organization that was later ruled illegal and forced to formally disband. The Hungarian Guard’s mission included protecting Hungarians from so-called “Gypsy crime,” and the group physically intimidated members of Hungary’s Roma community. Some of the perpetrators of a series of racially motivated murders of Roma in 2008 and 2009, including the killing of a 5-year-old, were found to have connections to the Guard.

In his interview, when asked about his party’s past rhetoric, Vona responded with a mix of denial and an emphasis that Jobbik is changing. Of his party colleague’s blood libel accusations against the Jewish community, Vona said, “At the time of the statement, we already said we do not agree.”

In fact, when asked about the blood libel speech controversy during a 2012 press interview shortly after it occurred, Vona told the Hungarian newspaper Mandiner that Jobbik is a “diverse party” on some issues, with members sharing the same “basic values.” He made no serious effort to criticize or disagree with his colleague.

As for the case of Gyöngyösi, the Jobbik parliament member and party vice president who proposed creating a list of Jews in government, Vona said, “After his statement, Gyöngyösi himself clarified that he means he wasn’t just thinking about[listing] Jews or Israeli dual citizens … but all double citizens.”

Vona contended that he had taken steps to ensure that Jobbik members understood that bigotry was unacceptable. “Over the past two or three years I made it clear that there is no place for any racism or anti-Semitism in the party,” he said. In fact, he added, “There are already sanctions for anti-Semitism.”

Asked for examples, he offered, “When a fellow member of Parliament wrote something anti-Semitic… I sent him down to lay a flower at the shoes memorial on the riverbank” — a reference to “Shoes on the Danube Bank,” a memorial erected in memory of those shot and thrown into the Danube River by members of the fascist Hungarian Arrow Cross during World War II.

Founded by a group of students, Jobbik is particularly popular among young Hungarians and people living outside the capital, Budapest. The party has honed an image as a social, media-savvy, youthful group that appeals to both anti-establishment sentiments and century-old nationalist and anti-Semitic sentiments.

But observers agree that with parliamentary elections next year, Jobbik faces a fateful crossroads. Under Viktorn Orbán, Hungary’s prime minister since 2010, and his right-wing nationalist party, Fidesz, the country has taken what domestic and international critics see as an increasingly authoritarian turn. Orban’s government has adopted anti-refugee policies, building a wall along Hungary’s southern border, and a strong Euroskeptic stance. In essence, the ruling Fidesz party has adopted many of Jobbik’s ideas, leaving the far-right party’s leadership searching for a way to set itself apart.

Jobbik won 20% of the popular vote in the country’s 2014 election, making it Hungary’s No. 2 party. But faced with competition from the governing party for right-wing votes and the stigma, in the eyes of some voters, of its racist and anti-Semitic sentiments, Jobbik, in its present form, faces a possible ceiling on its support. To compete successfully for power, or at least for a position in a coalition government, Jobbik would have to reach out to new constituencies, including voters who may be attracted to Jobbik’s ideas on improving economic conditions and combating corruption but are uncomfortable with racist and anti-Semitic elements of its ideology.

In late January, Vona said in an interview with Hungarian television that voters do not necessarily have to agree with the party’s Christian, conservative ideals in order to support Jobbik. According to Vona, Jobbik welcomes any Hungarian who believes that “Hungary does not belong to Viktor Orbán, Hungary belongs to Hungarians.”

In his interview with the Forward, Vona seemed to acknowledge that Jobbik could not reposition itself by simply snapping its fingers and telling voters to forget the party’s — or Hungary’s — history. Instead, he proposed that Jobbik could work with Jews and more liberal segments of the population while it continued to hold fast to its own version of national memory and the other groups held fast to theirs. There was no pressing need, he seemed to say, to resolve whose version was accurate.

“I won’t deny that, unfortunately, the Hungarian Christian and Hungarian Jewish intelligentsia have long had disagreements,” he said. “If we look at the history of the 20th century, then almost for every important or tragic moment there are two versions in people’s heads. I won’t say what’s right. Who am I to say who’s right or what happened exactly?

“All I’m saying is… it’s better to show understanding and respect, and to focus on the future.”

The “disagreements” Vona was referring to are, in part, connected to his movement’s reverence for the map hanging behind him showing Hungary’s more sprawling borders before World War I.

Far-right nationalist Hungarians believe the 20th century’s biggest tragedy was the 1920 Treaty of Trianon, which led to the loss of two-thirds of the country’s territory.

At the same time, Hungarian nationalists tend to overlook and minimize the tragedy of the Holocaust in their country. Hungary was a Nazi ally during World War II, and Hungarian society, unlike Germans, never took responsibility for its role in the murder of 600,000 Hungarian Jews. Moreover, some far-right Hungarians associate the Jewish community with Communist rule. Anti-Semitic Hungarian publications and politicians at times point to the Jewish origins of many of the country’s early Communist leaders.

The far-right leader maintains that Jewish and Christian Hungarians should put the 20th century behind them. He sees the 19th century as the golden age of relations between Jewish and non-Jewish Hungarians, and a template he would like to emulate.

In the 19th century, “Hungarian Jews were patriotic; they took part in the freedom fight in 1848 and 1849. Wouldn’t it be great if we returned to this, and Jewish people once again could consider Hungary their home?” he said.

But when asked about specific civil rights issues in Hungary, like the segregation of Roma children in schools, Vona did not set aside his old views completely.

“It is constructive not to think in black-and-white terms,” Vona said. “There are situations when integration is needed, and situations when segregation is needed. Segregation is not a great word, but … there are situations when separation is best for the children.”

For Jewish experts and observers, and for many members of the Hungarian Jewish community, Vona’s new friendly attitude appears far from credible. His unwillingness to address Hungary’s role in the Holocaust is among the points that rankle.

“The disagreement of the post-Holocaust period in Hungary is not only between ‘the Hungarian Christian and Hungarian Jewish intelligentsia,’ but between the survivors — all the surviving Jews of Hungary — and the successive post-World War II Hungarian governments that consistently refused to acknowledge and accept responsibility for the role the [Miklós] Horthy regime played in the destruction of close to 600,000 patriotic Jews,” said Randolph Braham, a Hungarian-born history professor emeritus at City University of New York and a leading expert on the Holocaust in Hungary.

“When Vona takes the initiative to publicly and courageously admit the real disagreements between Christians and Jews in general and offer a public apology for the Hungarian Christians’ role in the Holocaust, I would be ready to take him seriously,” Braham said.

Many also cited Vona’s failure to take more serious steps to address racism and anti-Semitism within his party’s own ranks.

These are “empty words uttered by a quite controversial politician with a rather checkered past,” said Rabbi Ferenc Raj, a Hungarian-American Holocaust survivor who serves as the founding rabbi of Congregation Bet Orim, in Budapest, and as rabbi emeritus of Congregation Beth El, in Berkeley, California. “I strongly believe that first he and his followers must repent.”

Citing Maimonides, Raj evoked three steps to repentance: regret, rejection and resolution — resolving, with strong determination, not to do it again.

“It is not enough to change the ideology of the party, you have to change the people,” said Raj.

http://forward.com/news/world/362663...eader-strikes/

Old July 8th, 2017 #186
Robbie Key

Hungarian far right launches new political party

Militants gather in Budapest suburb to form political movement aiming to replace current party on the extreme right

Leaders of a new Hungarian extreme-right group called Force and Determination, at a rally in Vecses.

Saturday 8 July 2017 20.44 BST

Hundreds of Hungarian right-wing militants gathered in a Budapest suburb on Saturday to launch a new political movement that they hope will run in next year’s parliamentary elections on a ticket that includes open racism.

Hungary’s main opposition party, Jobbik, has been moving away from its far-right roots and is staking out a more centrist position. This has created space for new hard-right initiatives.

Three groups held a rally in the suburb of Vecses labelled “unfurling the flag of the far right”. Although attendance was limited its leaders have reached a national audience in the media and plan to take part in the 2018 elections.

The movement, to be called Force and Determination, looks more radical than any political organisation targeting a serious political role since the fall of Communism, and uses openly racist language to oppose liberalism and immigration.

Balázs László, one of the movement’s leaders, told the crowd of mostly black-clad muscular, tattooed men that Europe showed an ill-conceived tolerance in the face of peril from its existing minorities and the influx of millions more people. “Tens of millions are added to the ranks of the Arabs, Africans and gypsies who will show no tolerance once they realise the power that their demographic significance lends them,” he said. “Our ethnic community must come first … there is no equality.”

Zsolt Tyirityán, another leader of the movement, used the Nazi ideology of Lebensraum, or living space, to paint a stark picture of Europe’s present. “World history is made and lost on population, the fight for living space and the fight to hold on to living space,” he said. “Anyone who says different is either delusional or lying. Any way you look at it, the strongest always wins.”

He added: “I have race awareness. I am proud to be a white European … And I reserve the right to defend that.”

Echoing prime minister Viktor Orban’s frequently touted ideal of an illiberal state, he said: “We declare war on liberalism. They are our main enemy and we will do everything to destroy their ideals in our public … These people lose their nationality, their race awareness and soon their sexual identity. Such people must be forced out of our living space.”

After Tyirityán spoke, a supporter approached him to sign a new copy of Adolf Hitler’s book Mein Kampf.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rty?CMP=twt_gu

Old July 10th, 2017 #187
Robbie Key

New nationalist movement launched in Vecsés
Sunday, July 9, 2017

A new nationalist movement was launched yesterday in Vecsés, with the participation of “Identitesz” (a group of university students), “Betyársereg” (national movement of martial artists) and the “National Association of Cities” under the name of "Force and Determination" (Erő és Elszántság).

President of "Identitesz" Balázs László said the goal was to create a new unity and a new right-wing force that breaks with the old habit of gazing into the past. He called the gay parade in Budapest, which was held almost the same time when the new political formation was launched, a moral disease.

He called ethnic self-defense a particularly important issue, even more important than fighting against corruption, or improving healthcare and education.

Answering to questions the head of "Identitesz" remarked that the first and most important goal of the new movement was to focus public thinking to the issue of racial self-defence; all other policy issues can only come about after that. This is what he called "metapolitics", which means "political struggle in the world of values ​​and thoughts".

In his speech, the Head of "Betyársereg" Zsolt Tyirityán also remarked that the alpha and the omega of the struggle of the new movement was to defend the living space of the community. He called this and the defeat of "Satanic liberalism" as one of the most important goals of the newly-formed movement.

It is important that those who formed the movement have "white, European race consciousness" he explained adding that he don't hate anybody but expect that others respect him as a white European Hungarian patriot.

Originally, the National Network of Érpatak Model led by Zoltán Mihály Orosz was about to join the newly formed alliance but in the last minute he changed his mind instead, he formed his own political party called "Order and Justice."

Zsolt Tyirityán told mno.hu that several other organizations have already indicated their willingness to join the new movement. He also remarked that the Sixty-four Counties Youth Movement also sympathizing with them. He described the new movement’s relation to Jobbik as "neither ally, nor enemy."

Zoltán Mihály Orosz who attended the event as a private citizen told mno.hu that he considered the racial ideology embraced by the new movement misguided and outdated.

He thinks that today the main division of society lies between "builders and destroyers" rather than along ethnic lines.

http://www.hungarianambiance.com/201...unched-in.html

Old August 28th, 2017 #188
Dan T N Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
New nationalist movement launched in Vecsés
Sunday, July 9, 2017

A new nationalist movement was launched yesterday in Vecsés, with the participation of “Identitesz” (a group of university students), “Betyársereg” (national movement of martial artists) and the “National Association of Cities” under the name of "Force and Determination" (Erő és Elszántság).

President of "Identitesz" Balázs László said the goal was to create a new unity and a new right-wing force that breaks with the old habit of gazing into the past. He called the gay parade in Budapest, which was held almost the same time when the new political formation was launched, a moral disease.

He called ethnic self-defense a particularly important issue, even more important than fighting against corruption, or improving healthcare and education.

Answering to questions the head of "Identitesz" remarked that the first and most important goal of the new movement was to focus public thinking to the issue of racial self-defence; all other policy issues can only come about after that. This is what he called "metapolitics", which means "political struggle in the world of values ​​and thoughts".

In his speech, the Head of "Betyársereg" Zsolt Tyirityán also remarked that the alpha and the omega of the struggle of the new movement was to defend the living space of the community. He called this and the defeat of "Satanic liberalism" as one of the most important goals of the newly-formed movement.

It is important that those who formed the movement have "white, European race consciousness" he explained adding that he don't hate anybody but expect that others respect him as a white European Hungarian patriot.

Originally, the National Network of Érpatak Model led by Zoltán Mihály Orosz was about to join the newly formed alliance but in the last minute he changed his mind instead, he formed his own political party called "Order and Justice."

Zsolt Tyirityán told mno.hu that several other organizations have already indicated their willingness to join the new movement. He also remarked that the Sixty-four Counties Youth Movement also sympathizing with them. He described the new movement’s relation to Jobbik as "neither ally, nor enemy."

Zoltán Mihály Orosz who attended the event as a private citizen told mno.hu that he considered the racial ideology embraced by the new movement misguided and outdated.

He thinks that today the main division of society lies between "builders and destroyers" rather than along ethnic lines.

http://www.hungarianambiance.com/201...unched-in.html
When they first appeared, Jobbik were quite good, now however they`ve gone soft on the jews - the SCOURGE OF HUNGARY - and are developing along the lines of "Turanism" - Turk lovers!

Old October 31st, 2017 #189
Robbie Key

‘Soros network’ in Brussels plots creating ‘Europe of mixed population’ – Hungarian PM
Published time: 28 Oct, 2017 19:05
Edited time: 29 Oct, 2017 03:19
Get short URL

A network run by American-Hungarian financier George Soros has vast influence over EU bodies in Brussels and nurtures the creation of a “Europe of mixed population” by encouraging immigration, Hungary’s Prime Minister has argued.

Speaking to Radio Kossuth Friday, Viktor Orban launched yet another verbal attack on George Soros, calling him a ‘political puppet master’ having vast influence over EU’s top institutions.

Soros’ people have infiltrated the European Parliament and other bodies of the 28-member bloc, Orban claimed, seeking to create “a Europe of mixed population” and have Budapest “condemned and forced to change its migration policy.”

More than 200 members of European Parliament have been listed by Soros’ “empire” as “friends to the network,” Orban went on. “There are quite a few of them in the Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs Committee [LIBE], including Hungarians,” he said.

Orban, who will seek a fourth term as Hungary’s Prime Minister next year, said he has directed the country’s secret services to investigate the “Soros empire” and “to expose it to the public.”

“By employing the national security services, the Soros network that strives to influence European life should be exposed,” Orban said. “Who are these Hungarians who are participating in this process from here, within Hungary?” he asked.

Orban, has previously accused the billionaire financier of conspiring in Brussels to create “a new, mixed, Muslimized Europe.” He consistently argued that Soros has more influence in Brussels than in Washington or Tel Aviv.

The Prime Minister and the billionaire have clashed in the past, most prominently over the Soros-funded Central European University (CEU) in Budapest. In June, Soros labelled Hungary a “Mafia state,” while Orban described the comments as “a declaration of war.”

”The only network which operates in mafia ways, which is not transparent in Hungary is the Soros network," Orban said.

The simmering spat is coupled with the Hungarian government’s crackdown on Soros-backed NGOs. Earlier this year, Orban announced Soros’ charities will be “swept out” of Hungary. Now, it is obligatory for all non-government groups sponsored from abroad to disclose the identity of significant foreign donors.

The European Commission has initiated legal action against Orban’s government, claiming parts of Hungary’s anti-NGO law is in conflict with EU legislation.

https://www.rt.com/news/408106-soros...els-migration/

Old November 28th, 2017 #190
Robbie Key

U.S. State Dept Puts $700,000 into Hungarian Media, Demands ‘Programming’ Against Orban, Patriots

by JACK MONTGOMERY22 Nov 20177,106

Quote:
The U.S. State Department has courted controversy by announcing it will plough $700,000 into Hungarian media, angering the country’s anti-globalist, conservative government.

The funding was announced by U.S. Chargé d‘Affaires David Kostelancik, who has previously appeared to openly criticise the Trump administration by alluding to “apparent inconsistencies in [U.S.] foreign policy” and remarking that “not every criticism of the government is ‘fake news’.”

Breitbart London spoke to a State Department official who confirmed it supports what it calls “democracy and human rights programming” in many countries, and that its intentions in Hungary — a NATO ally — are to “support media outlets operating outside the capital … to produce fact-based reporting and increase their audience and economic sustainability”.

The State Department also echoed Kostelancik’s claim that too many Hungarian news outlets are sympathetic to Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s popular conservative government — which has earned powerful enemies by opposing the European Union on mass migration, building a highly effective border wall, and exposing the network of European politicians deemed “reliable allies” by billionaire open borders campaigner George Soros.

The obvious subtext to all of this is that the State Department funding effort is intended to bolster anti-government and opposition media. This suggests it is still pursuing Obama era, anti-conservative policy objectives internationally in defiance of President Trump, who has praised Prime Minister Orbán — the first European leader to back him — as “strong and brave”.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...rban-patriots/

Old March 9th, 2018 #191
Pierre-Marc

Elections are coming up for Orban (April 8th). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungar...election,_2018

This is his election poster, saying that Jobbik is now friend with Soros .

Együtt bontanák le a határzárat
Together they would open the borders

Really, what happened to the party?

Old March 14th, 2018 #192
Shaw Ratcliffe

Magyar Polgári Szövetség just wants to discredit Jobbik.
USA's election time was the same, wasn't it?

Old April 9th, 2018 #193
Pierre-Marc

Following the election results, Gabor Vona has resigned as president of Jobbik. While they percentage is slightly less (19.6% against 20.2% in 2014), they have gained more voters and are now the main opposition as they came in second.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #194
alex revision

Leader of Hungary's extremist party resigns over anti-Semitism

A leader of the extremist Jobbik Party in Hungary has resigned his leadership positions following the release of a recording of an admission of an anti-Semitic act, JTA reported on Sunday.

Jobbik deputy group leader and parliamentary notary Istvan Szavay resigned his positions on Thursday, Hungary Today reported, though he will remain a member of Parliament.

Szavay was heard in the recording admitting to verbally and physically assaulting a Jewish woman, though he claims she started it.

“She was yelling, ‘Nazis are stinking here,’ and I just knocked her out, dirty Jew, pakk, just like this,” he said on the recording.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/255603

Tags

Thread