VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 2nd, 2017 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Speculative Investments Thread

I promised you my "best investment opportunity of 2017" around this time, so here it is. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I'm not going to go into it. It's not complex, you can easily educate yourself elsewhere. This is the best investment I know of at this time:

Quote:
Washington Redskins season wins total over 7.5, even money to +110. Can bet this from 6.5 to 9.5 offshore, or 7.5 in Vegas, depending on risk/reward you're comfortable with. I believe the Skins will go at least 9-7.
Gold meanwhile has gone to 1325, hopefully keeps climbing. Silver up too. Gab has closed investments for the moment. BitCoin 4609, continues its huge rise. All these I track pretty closely, trying to figure what's going on. Smart libertarian investor says he'd buy more gold if it goes under 1000. The basic situation here is the USG is 20 trillion debt, and the market is as high as its been, and mostly it's a bubble.

I won't give technical reasons for my opinions, but you can rest assured I'm not talking out my ass. Even so, I could be wrong. Understand that if you follow. I won't explain, and I won't tolerate you complaining.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

I don't mind if people ask questions, though I won't necessarily answer them.

I also welcome others posting their investment ideas.

As I have said many times, backing your opinions with money is one of the best ways to learn how to think, because you pay such a painful penalty when you're wrong. You learn the true value of your opinion, and that is invaluable. And not something you can get in Sunday School or Monday School.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #3
Brooklyn Rick

I liquidated all my stock holdings, and the better part of my annuities into physical gold and silver. Not much of a return, but safe. I lost heavy wood in the last crash and I'm retired now and don't want to be in that position again. I worked too hard for what I have.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rick View Post
I liquidated all my stock holdings, and the better part of my annuities into physical gold and silver. Not much of a return, but safe. I lost heavy wood in the last crash and I'm retired now and don't want to be in that position again. I worked too hard for what I have.
What do you think is going to happen to gold? I don't have much of an opinion. I don't know that it will rise, as I felt (and said on here) back when it was 500, but I don't think it will drop too much because of the giant world government/personal debt and multiple-bubble economies. I would like to see silver get back up to mid-20s or mid-30s as it was a few years ago. I think gold is much preferable to silver.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

Housing is a lot of overpriced shit. Where I am, the houses in the 50k-130k are chocolate-covered dogshit, far too many of them.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #6
Brooklyn Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
What do you think is going to happen to gold? I don't have much of an opinion. I don't know that it will rise, as I felt (and said on here) back when it was 500, but I don't think it will drop too much because of the giant world government/personal debt and multiple-bubble economies. I would like to see silver get back up to mid-20s or mid-30s as it was a few years ago. I think gold is much preferable to silver.
Gold is high I think due to all the fiscal instability going on now. It may drop some, which won't effect me too much as I started buying it years ago when it was 6-700 dollars an ounce. Silver was/is cheap, and I gobble 100oz bars where I can. I know dick about playing the market, but my annuities were flexible as to what I could put it in. When I was working I had an aggressive 70% stock mix which was doing well for a while till the bottom fell out. Scared the shit out of me. My best investment was my home in Brooklyn( free and clear) which I still have as well as my house here. I still have my rigging business in NY as well, but since the insurance on the tower crane is eating profit, and NY taxes are ridiculous, it's gonna go soon.

Last edited by Brooklyn Rick; September 2nd, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #7
MDK

My Dad collects Coins. They are solid gold and Silver.

They are English coins and the price just keeps rising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36257107

Old September 2nd, 2017 #8
Brooklyn Rick

Quote:
Housing is a lot of overpriced shit. Where I am, the houses in the 50k-130k are chocolate-covered dogshit, far too many of them.
I'd say it depends on the location. I payed 375 for my house in Brooklyn in 1993. An all White neighborhood. It's now worth over 800. With the chabad and hasidic infestation going on there now, I could pretty much name my price. My house here was 130, needs a little work but has a nice piece of riverfront property. It also appreciated 25,000 in the 6 years I've been here. A bank account just won't do that.

Last edited by Brooklyn Rick; September 2nd, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I'd say it depends on the location. I payed 375 for my house in Brooklyn in 1993. An all White neighborhood. It's now worth over 800. With the chabad and hasidic infestation going on there now, I could pretty much name my price. My house here was 130, needs a little work but has a nice piece of riverfront property. It also appreciated 25,000 in the 6 years I've been here. A bank account just won't do that.
yeah, that's a nice basis. certainly good real estate is valuable thing. i know taxes are outrageous in east and other places.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #10
Brooklyn Rick

In NY, you pay city, state AND federal taxes. The White people, anyway. Seeing it squandered on niggers and latrinos, and watching the jew scam it, and scam it was too much for me.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #11
Dan T N Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
My Dad collects Coins. They are solid gold and Silver.

They are English coins and the price just keeps rising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36257107
Yes, I think gold & silver are relatively `safe`, at any rate readily marketable.

Some of the rarer gold & silver coins might be worth a look - however one should beware of the premium!

Old September 2nd, 2017 #12
Dan T N Ford

Quote:
In NY, you pay city, state AND federal taxes. The White people, anyway. Seeing it squandered on niggers and latrinos, and watching the jew scam it, and scam it was too much for me.
Whites pay FAR FAR too much in taxes............only to find in later years THEIR PENSIONS are ALSO HEAVILY TAXED!
I wish more Whites could find ways of divorcing themselves from this PERNICIOUS SYSTEM!

Old September 2nd, 2017 #13
MDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan T N Ford View Post
Yes, I think gold & silver are relatively `safe`, at any rate readily marketable.

Some of the rarer gold & silver coins might be worth a look - however one should beware of the premium!
They jump in value because they are not touched and in a presentation cases.

I never new my Dad collected them.

http://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/gold-coins

I bought a 50 pence for 50 pence.

Last edited by MDK; September 2nd, 2017 at 12:26 PM.

Old September 2nd, 2017 #14
Crowe

Quote:
Investing in housing is a bad idea, unless you really know what you're doing. Let's just say that I know someone who bought a piece of property as an investment. The mistake he made was that he didn't run a radon test before he bought the property. But they did check for pretty much everything else. Someone who was going to buy it had a radon test done, and the levels are high. Getting radon problems solved is expensive, and it's going to eat into his investment enough to where it wasn't worth the hassle. Always test for radon before you buy ANY property.

Most people I know who do small ball investments into property possess skill sets to do some of the fixes themselves. Jack of all trades type people, former electricians, plumbers, HVAC techs, etc.

Any issues you find as a buyer, puts you in a stronger negotiating position. Everything from code violations, to radon, or anything in between. And even if the property has issues, you still might get it for a good price after making some fixes. That's where knowing what you're doing comes in. Etc, what can you realistically sell it for after you put work into it. It's real easy to get burned. I know people who might do this to one property a year, and they don't make a killing but they'll make an additional 20k/year to supplement their income.

Last edited by Crowe; September 2nd, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Old September 5th, 2017 #15
Brooklyn Rick

Ive heard of Radon being an issue in NJ. Is it also a problem elsewhere?

Old September 5th, 2017 #16
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Ive heard of Radon being an issue in NJ. Is it also a problem elsewhere?
Radon map by State n' county.
http://www.city-data.com/radon-zones/

Re real estate: people should look into getting all the tax exemptions they can qualify for. You can combine them and really take a chunk out of it. For example, homestead exemption, disability exemption, and age based exemption, can take a prop tax bill of $1800 down to $800 or so.

If you buy a home via a 'tax sale' be aware they (former owner) can pay acquisition fees an back taxes and effectively take the property back. Depending on where you live it can be quite a long time they're given to do this. So it's a great way to get something for little potentially, but with huge risk.

Old September 5th, 2017 #17
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

For me speculation and investment are two different things.
Speculation is like hoping to receive a short-term gain from a favorable change of price.
Investment is hoping to receive a long-term gain from a favorable change of price and on top of that to receive a rent or dividend while you are waiting.
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old September 5th, 2017 #18
Dan T N Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post

I bought a 50 pence for 50 pence.
A gold one?

Lucky you!

Old September 5th, 2017 #19
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHolland View Post
For me speculation and investment are two different things.
Speculation is like hoping to receive a short-term gain from a favorable change of price.
Investment is hoping to receive a long-term gain from a favorable change of price and on top of that to receive a rent or dividend while you are waiting.
With real estate it's difficult, because people are paying for location, not the box to live in itself, lol.

Cities like Austin have homes that are in some instances ghetto tastic for 300k and 400k, and taxes are insane. Some of the better neighborhoods have people moving out due to the inability in their retirement to keep up with the taxes.

They lie and say 'gentrification' hurts niggers and mestizos exclusively. This is a lie, because growth that is rapid hurts modest income and even well-off Whites, because the property value going up in a White-ish and upwardly mobile City affects any who are not the elite. Someone who used to pay $1k a year in property taxes all of a sudden paying $5k is going to struggle unless they are already well-off enough to handle that.

Houses in cities are declared 'historic district' homes and there are special funding options to fix them up. Then the value of the property goes up to the point where it is not such an advantage, as they are usually rotten neighborhoods fled from long ago by Whites. Real disgusting to see 1940s homes (I like those) split up and lived in by 5 El Salvadorian families, everything decaying around their ears...then they get a special loan to fix up the house to a liveable standard in the hopes they'll become human (White).

Old September 5th, 2017 #20
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

The best investments usually are new markets, industries or technologies that aren't regulated or taxed by the government or still have some kind of loophole. Do you think your house is an asset? If you consider the costs of ownership, you'll see it's probably a liability.
If you’re paying money out to hold it, it’s a liability.
If you’re deriving income from it, it’s an asset.
The equity in a property is only an asset when you sell it (realize the income) or borrow against it to get cash out.
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Thread