Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 18th, 2019 #81
Crowe

Stray cats go missing, and the media makes a boo hoo story over it. You could replace cats with homeless fags going missing, and it would sound like more sniveling over a "protected group" disappearing.

http://www.wave3.com/story/37970802/...urchill-downs/

Quote:
"He was laid out right there," Dages said as she pointed to a spot near where she normally feeds the cats. "And I just started screaming.
Died of natural causes, maybe? "Just started screaming"? Over a dead stray? What a hysterical cat lady....

Quote:
I know it sounds silly, but I love every one of them. They all have names. These are my animals. These are my babies.
It's a little more than silly. Bizarre is the word you're looking for.

Quote:
Everyone in this neighborhood, well not everybody, but there's a lot of people in this neighborhood that loves these cats."
"Well not everybody" is the key word. Even this hysterical cat lady is aware that stray cats are a nuisance to some in the community, but she doesn't care, because they're "her babies".

Old February 18th, 2019 #82
Sean Gruber

Is the SPLC a branch of the SPCA, or vice-versa?

Less talk, more action

Old February 18th, 2019 #83
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
My ex took the cat when we divorces and I was very happy to see both go.

A win win, for sure

Old February 18th, 2019 #84
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Stray cats go missing, and the media makes a boo hoo story over it. You could replace cats with homeless fags going missing, and it would sound like more sniveling over a "protected group" disappearing.
Here, in Washington state there was a recent rash of cats being offed and flayed, in Thurston County, near Olympia, and the cash reward went to $25,000.

There was another large reward for the capture of the arsonist of 5 Jehovah's Witness Churches, too.

Interesting times, for sure.

Old February 18th, 2019 #85
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
To each his own I suppose but I prefer the cats, would not want poison or traps around with little children running around. Besides that living in a 100 year old victorian farmhouse as we do there's likely a hundred little cracks and holes about, storms always battering the hell out of the house and loosening shingles, that it would be a full time job keeping mice and rats away with your method I bet.
I just finished Infectious Madness by Harriet A. Washington. She makes a very strong case for cats causing schizophrenia, in humans, via the toxoplasmosis vector. Seems schizophrenia was largely unknown before the 1880's, when cat ownership went "viral".

Fetuses infected with toxoplasmosis are taller, more aggressive and likely to be mentally ill. The mice infected with toxo become attracted to cat urine.

Children infected with momma's toxo, are more likely to race-mix, too.

Any woman of child bearing age should avoid cats like the plague.

One infection can destroy your entire genetic legacy. Forever.

Old February 18th, 2019 #86
Joe from OH

I'm naming my next cat Alex Crowecopter

Old February 18th, 2019 #87
FEMAAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from OH View Post
Cat owner here.

Love the beasts. They are entertaining as hell and very athletic as well. Vicious hunters also. Easy to care for. Can leave them for weeks with dry food and water if need be. They don't bother others much. They use litter boxes. They've got interesting personalities too.

If you're a fag who is in love with his gay furniture, I guess they're not too cool.

Dogs are a ton of work and if not properly disciplined, barking canines are a huge nuisance to those who live near them. I don't mind relatively quiet dogs. However, I don't think there's such a thing as a dog owner. The dog owns them. Can't leave them alone for any extended time unless the idea of having the effluents all over one's home is acceptable. Have to walk them, etc., etc.
i like how you had to clarify cats are vicious, in order to be accepted amongst the super cool vicious heartless humans

Old February 18th, 2019 #88
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from OH View Post
I'm naming my next cat Alex Crowecopter
H.P. Lovecraft had a black cat named Nigger Man.

Old February 18th, 2019 #89
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomcopter View Post
I just finished Infectious Madness by Harriet A. Washington. She makes a very strong case for cats causing schizophrenia, in humans, via the toxoplasmosis vector. Seems schizophrenia was largely unknown before the 1880's, when cat ownership went "viral".

Fetuses infected with toxoplasmosis are taller, more aggressive and likely to be mentally ill. The mice infected with toxo become attracted to cat urine.

Children infected with momma's toxo, are more likely to race-mix, too.

Any woman of child bearing age should avoid cats like the plague.

One infection can destroy your entire genetic legacy. Forever.
interesting... cats make cat ladies.

Old February 18th, 2019 #90
Crowe

Vast majority of male cat owners I've seen were effeminate men. Most were fat and lazy, just like their cats. Almost like the cat's personality and demeanor rubbed off on the owner.

Old February 18th, 2019 #91
Alex Linder
Administrator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-massacre.html

so cute. so funny.

Old February 18th, 2019 #92
Alex Linder
Administrator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lys-puppy.html

red-tailed hawk, doin' work
coyotes do too
bobcats too

Old February 18th, 2019 #93
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I wasn't sure a pellet gun would penetrate a cat's skull. If you got a pellet rifle with a C02 cartridge, it absolutely will. Just make sure the cat is within 10ft, because nobody wants an animal to suffer.

The last one I popped walked up right to me and let me point blank it. Dead instantly, not even a twitch. Humanely euthanized. I consider it a service to the community in which I seek no compensation for. Some don't have the stomach to do it, I do.
There are very, very few feral cats near where we reside. I have CO2 pistols for plinking, etc. The best one has a muzzle velocity of 560 feet/second. On the other hand, there are nitro piston air rifles which have muzzle velocities exceeding 1000 feet/second using .22 caliber pellets. There are nice .22 caliber pellets which have pointed tips as well as frangible ones. The .177 caliber nitro piston rifles can have muzzle velocities exceeding 1800 feet/second and they also come with ammo with pointed tips or frangible ones. Each caliber is deadly to small game at 100+ yards by my experience. The nitro piston never needs replacing, making it an advantage over CO2 rifles. I'm sure a head shot to a cat at 100 yards or less will drop the sucker. I would use my nitro piston rifle in a heartbeat if feral cats were a problem. I also think they would take out small to medium size feral dogs. I don't like shooting cats or dogs for sport, only by necessity and I've never "sport shot" a cat or dog. Our county animal services keeps the feral dog population in check very nicely.

Last edited by Erik T. White; February 18th, 2019 at 07:15 PM. Reason: more info

Old February 18th, 2019 #94
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

There's always a nasty pit story, and as long as that breed, and others, are sold to families and kept around people there will be nothing but probs...but this here dog is more useful than a good many alleged hoomins:

I don't know of any cats who help hoomins, but don't wanna shoot them either unless they were feral and trying to hurt muh family. I can tell a cat has been in a building the minute I enter it because I'm that allergic.

Cat haterade tho, lol. Reeee:

Old February 18th, 2019 #95
Gladiatrix

Default Bear Steals a Family’s Subaru, Takes It for a Ride, and Poops Inside

Don't feed the bears!

"Police suspect the bear broke into the car looking for food, as there have been hundreds of local reports of bears rummaging through peoples' trash bins following a late-season frost that decimated the animals' natural food supply. They also believe the burly creature accidentally disengaged the parking brake, sending the car careening through various obstacles. It's assumed that the unexpected ride freaked it out enough to accidentally relieved itself inside."

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...dhOUffOPpeJtH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Russel View Post
For the people whose cats are defecating in the bathtub, the most likely reason is something wrong with their litter box, or the type of cat litter, or its cleanliness. A cat living in the wild will do its business in the same location until the deposits reach a certain level and then they'll find a new spot. They won't want to paw through their own shit or urine to cover up what they just left there.

Maybe the litter box isn't big enough or the cat litter smells of chemicals or it's just plain dirty. Just keep in mind that cats have evolved as natural hunters who don't leave visible traces of their presence to the birds and the rodents which they hunt.

My advice is don't scrimp and get a rapid-clumping low-dust fragrance-free variety and get one of those scoops to pick out the clumps and do that several times a day.

Old February 18th, 2019 #96
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronza View Post
Your pet does not love you! If you die tomorrow it will just eat you,

That would not describe the dog lying beside his slaughtered owner, a farmer of Zimbabwe, refusing to leave. There was a youtube video of this. Here's an article about the dog and what became of him.

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/af...dog/index.html
Landseer understood dogs.

"The Faithful Hound"

"Saved"

Old February 20th, 2019 #97
Alex Linder
Administrator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ad-septum.html

'I am sick of being stared at': Woman reveals she's been living with a single gaping hole where her septum should be for more than a DECADE - after her dog's tooth tore through her nose

Old February 21st, 2019 #99
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking dog as entree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ad-septum.html

'I am sick of being stared at': Woman reveals she's been living with a single gaping hole where her septum should be for more than a DECADE - after her dog's tooth tore through her nose
One of my pits almost put out an eye on me the other day roughhousing, if that would have happened I'd be having dog for dinner for awhile. 130 pounds of it.

The meat can be tasty if prepared right, ask any gook.

Thread