VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 18th, 2009 #21
varg

Default Update

18/11/2009

Coded in support for tags on videos. A little buggy but I'm working on it still.

There's also a tag cloud on the main video section.

On newer video links please enter in tags related to the video. Multiple tags can be separated by a comma

If you want to go back on your older videos and add them in-- click 'edit tags'

Old November 28th, 2009 #22
varg

Unhappy

88Tube.net is no more..

Had to remove 88tube.net from the supported sites..

also had to remove all the 88tube.net linked videos to the 'dead videos' section.. If you want to help you could browse those videos and try to find them elsewhere and reupload them.. There were about 50 videos

Old January 3rd, 2010 #23
varg

03/01/2010

- Video tags now let you use spaces (instead of using a space as a delimiter-- commas are the only way to delimit tags now)

- Added a 'tag search' editbox on the main videos page where the Tag Cloud is. This will let you search for specific tags (I also added an Auto-Complete when you're typing.. so you can know if the tag exists before pressing search). You can test the autocomplete out by typing "jew" slowly.. and see the matches. I've still got a lot a work to tag some of the videos which dont have any tags on them

I might utilize video tags for searching for music by specific band.. example: search tags for "skrewdriver" (this is different than the regular search which would be any video with the words skrewdriver in the title or description)

Old January 6th, 2010 #24
varg

06/01/2010

- Recent music on front page

Old January 6th, 2010 #25
Steve Lillywhite
Banned

Location: The U.S. Office to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism

Varg, can you add LiveLeak as a video hoster?

_

Old January 7th, 2010 #26
varg

I've been trying. LiveLeak does some sneaky stuff so that you cant embed it on other sites easily using programming to grab the data.. maybe I'll figure out a way eventually.

Old January 19th, 2010 #27
varg

19/01/2010

Added support for liveleak.com videos

"load information" button will work for the title only, not description or tags.

Old January 24th, 2010 #28
varg

24/01/2010

Added 'ebooks' section to Multimedia -> ebooks..

Right now i only allow links from the website www.scribd.com which allows you to post embedded:
  • PDF files
  • excel documents
  • word documents
  • power point presentations
  • text files

To add to the category, either search www.scribd.com for documents or register and upload your own.

Old October 6th, 2010 #29
varg

06/10/2010

Can check 'hide on main page' when adding videos. It will still show up on the recent videos page but not on the front VNN page.

If you add a bunch of multi-part videos (ex: part 1, part 2, part 3), try to select 'hide on main' for all the consecutive videos. So try to keep it off for part 1- but part 2,3 will be hidden. They will show up on 'related videos' and on the main video page but won't clutter the front page listing.

Old October 18th, 2010 #30
varg

18/10/2010

DROPBOX.COM VIDEOS

Added support for DropBox.com links
  • Visit DropBox.com download and install the dropbox client (for windows,linux,mac)
  • Copy your .FLV, .AVI video files or .mp3 audio file into your 'Public' folder
  • Right click the file once it has the green check mark next to it. From the context menu select DropBox > Copy public link
  • Use that link to submit video/audio to the VNN Video or Music sections

It wont allow thumbnails and at this point you have to keep the files in the main 'public folder' .. sub folders won't work (yet)

Please do not upload or link to copyrighted material.

Old October 19th, 2010 #31
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

I found some pulled Youtube vids, here:

http://www.mojvideo.com

Old October 19th, 2010 #32
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post
I found some pulled Youtube vids, here:

http://www.mojvideo.com
Good point. People can use the "download video" link on each video page to download and archive the .flv file, then place it on their dropbox account if youtube removes the video.

I'll see if I can write in support for that mojvideo.com site as well.

Old August 29th, 2011 #33
varg

I've restored the video section, but I'm going to keep it off of the front page for a little while until I can speed it up a bit.

I realize no one will probably check the video section now that it's not shown on the front page.

Old September 4th, 2011 #34
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I've restored the video section, but I'm going to keep it off of the front page for a little while until I can speed it up a bit.

I realize no one will probably check the video section now that it's not shown on the front page.
You are right Varg, viewership is right down.

Old November 11th, 2013 #35
Ash

Default Keepvid buggy?

I was trying to dl that bid you have on the Jews messing over the Germans from Keepvid but kept getting thrown to a blank page.Other tries resulted in even less than that. Made sure noscript was disengaged for the time being and everything. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Old November 11th, 2013 #36
varg

Keepvid requires you to install a java applet. It should have popped up a java permission window asking if you'd accept it.

Here's the link for you though:

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/2k7C5WC/uLyGIwg-es8.mp4

Old November 12th, 2013 #37
Ash

Default thanks..

Thanks for the link Varg. I dug into that site to find the java applet but it only linked to an .exe. Using 'nix atm and don't feel like jacking with digging through the java website blah,blah,blah. So thanks very much brother.

Old November 13th, 2013 #38
Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Thanks for the link Varg. I dug into that site to find the java applet but it only linked to an .exe. Using 'nix atm and don't feel like jacking with digging through the java website blah,blah,blah. So thanks very much brother.
Try this http://en.savefrom.net/ it's similar to keepvid but you might have better luck with it.

Old November 17th, 2013 #39
Ash

Thanks alot Henry. That service is awesome. (Just when you think you've been to the farthest services on the 'net, you're proven wrong.) It's going to save me lots of trouble and time.

Old November 17th, 2013 #40
Ash

I was wondering a couple of things.
#!) How do I comment on videos and/or music here?
#2) If a video is dead how can I still dl it to save it for reupping? (I tried to paste both the embed data as well as the original 'download' url to the savefrom.net service but failed with both.)
Thanks for your time.

Thread