VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 12th, 2011 #1801
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile A Dose of My Own Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
This is a completely redundant conspiracy theory, given that the line of defense that the defendant wanted to pursue had no chance anyway.

I think McAllister was "open to" taking Mrs. Steele's money. You need no more explanation than that.
I have attacked others many times for their stupid conspiracy theories and I deserve some of this for payback. Occam's razor applies here just like anywhere else. A much simpler theory is that we have an ordinary lazy thieving lawyer here . They are all alike.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 13th, 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo

Old June 13th, 2011 #1802
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Steele Gives First Phone Interview to the Judenpresse

Note that Steele has admitted that he hasn't had a paying legal case in 10 years. He didn't discuss his undisputed steamy love letters written from jail to his Ukrainian girlfriend. At least he sees that his defense lawyers scammed him out of $120,000.
========
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...d29539157.html

Edgar Steele plans lots of writing in prison
He regrets not taking the witness stand during trial

Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 9:31 am, Mon Jun 13, 2011.

Edgar Steele plans lots of writing in prison By DAVID COLE/Staff writer The Coeur d' Alene Press | 9 comments

COEUR d'ALENE - Edgar J. Steele says he was targeted for federal charges and "railroaded" by the government for his advocacy of politically incorrect causes. "I say things they don't want said to the American public," Steele said in a brief phone interview Wednesday from Latah County jail in Moscow, where he is being held until sentencing in August. "And I say things in a particularly persuasive manner."

He was convicted of a murder-for-hire plot to kill his longtime wife Cyndi Steele. At 65, the retired "attorney for the damned" from Sagle, said he could spend the rest of his life in prison for the plot and related charges.

While locked up, he said, "I'm going to be writing." He has plans for two books so far, including one about his case. The other will delve into philosophy and religion. He also plans to pen numerous Internet essays.

He said he had been working on research for a book before he was arrested one year ago. He had intended to title it: "Love and other four letter words: Invasion of Planet Earth by teenage mail-order Russian brides from cyber space."

During his trial this spring in federal court in Boise, prosecutors said he wanted to be with a young Ukrainian woman he had met online bad enough that he hired a hit man. He said he began researching the "mail-order bride scam" after he was approached by a man from Chicago who reported getting scammed for $4,000.

Steele initially refused to look into the matter, but eventually saw a book in it. "Who is the real victim? That's what I planned to answer," he said. He found that both the American men and Ukrainian women were victims, while those helping make the connections preyed on them both.

Audio recordings captured secretly by an FBI informant, his handyman turned hit man Larry Fairfax, 50, are fakes, he said. He said the incriminating parts of the conversations, which were played during the trial, were manufactured and edited in.

Fairfax was sentenced last month for making a pipe bomb which was placed under Cyndi Steele's SUV, though it never detonated. "I didn't have those conversations with that guy," Steele said. The jury of 11 women and one man disagreed, finding him guilty on all charges. He's appealing.

He said charges were brought against him shortly after he had posted a message on his website, www.conspiracypenpal.com. He announced his intention to return to top form after a time of inactivity from his writing and speaking gigs due to health problems. On April 25, 2010, he wrote: "I'm coming back soon ... and now I'm really pissed off ..."

He was arrested in June 2010. He hadn't had a paying case as an attorney in 10 years, but was still a target of groups like the Anti-Defamation League, Southern Poverty Law Center, and "10 others, easily," he said.

Following the jury's verdict, prosecutors and FBI agents working on the case said they had never heard of Steele before Fairfax came forward to report what he had been hired to do.

Steele said he regrets not taking the witness stand in his own defense during trial. He said his defense attorneys recommended he not take the stand, as did his wife. "I couldn't trust any of my decisions," he said.

He said he was concerned about testifying because he was very angry and didn't know how he would respond under cross examination by a female prosecutor, Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan. He said he wasn't particularly worried about allowing jurors to hear his voice, giving them something to compare with the audio recordings.

His primary concern was his expectation that with him on the stand prosecutors would play clips, over and over again, of the audio recordings.
"They could keep me on the stand for days doing that," he said.

Old June 14th, 2011 #1803
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Bar Membership

I find that Steele has changed his bar membership status in Idaho to inactive. Perhaps this is a way to avoid disbarrment from his felony convictions. A year back he had membership and no disciplinary action had been taken.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1804
bmwbiker
......................... .

Can I have short version of this case:

Is Edgar guilty or not?

In name of Christ.......fight against communist

Old June 15th, 2011 #1805
Contumacyman

No, he is NOT GUILTY.

First, the ONLY crime he is alledged to have committed is having a criminal conversation with Larry Fairfax (soliciting Larry to murder his wife and mother-in-law). The only way for anyone other than Ed and Larry to know for sure whether or not he had that criminal conversation (in the absence of any other listeners-in), would have been for the FBI to have secretly recorded that conversation and then, a) lock up the recording device, b) lock up the recording media, and c) maintain an irrefutable chain of custody over these two critical items to dispell any doubts about tampering, and d) insist that an outside team of experts examine both the untampered with device, media, and chain of custody record, to confirm that the alleged recoding was made in one continuous setting with NO STOPS, GAPS, or INTERRUPTIONS of any kind.

Since the FBI would not identify which device was used to make the recording, and they testified on the stand that they ERASED the original media, and, they obsiously took no care to maintain an irrefutable chain of custody, then there is NO WAY for anyone to conclude that Ed actually had that conversation - we are reduced to the level of "true believers", or doubting-thomases, since the evidence to know for sure was desroyed by the FBI.

How anyone can be so foolish as to assert they are sure, beyond any reasonable doubt, that Ed actually had that conersation, is beyond me, unless they are on the level of flat-earth believers and are acting on blind faith.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1806
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry No Short Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbiker View Post

Is Edgar guilty or not?
There is no short version of this case. Read the last 90 pages of this thread and a picture will emerge of entire tribes on Negroes in the woodpiles of both sides of this case .

Old June 15th, 2011 #1807
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contumacyman View Post
No, he is NOT GUILTY.

First, the ONLY crime he is alledged to have committed is having a criminal conversation with Larry Fairfax (soliciting Larry to murder his wife and mother-in-law). The only way for anyone other than Ed and Larry to know for sure whether or not he had that criminal conversation (in the absence of any other listeners-in), would have been for the FBI to have secretly recorded that conversation and then, a) lock up the recording device, b) lock up the recording media, and c) maintain an irrefutable chain of custody over these two critical items to dispell any doubts about tampering, and d) insist that an outside team of experts examine both the untampered with device, media, and chain of custody record, to confirm that the alleged recoding was made in one continuous setting with NO STOPS, GAPS, or INTERRUPTIONS of any kind.

Since the FBI would not identify which device was used to make the recording, and they testified on the stand that they ERASED the original media, and, they obsiously took no care to maintain an irrefutable chain of custody, then there is NO WAY for anyone to conclude that Ed actually had that conversation - we are reduced to the level of "true believers", or doubting-thomases, since the evidence to know for sure was desroyed by the FBI.
Chain of custody is certainly important. I don't believe that the FBI framed Steele (and even Steele doesn't claim that the FBI framed him, preferring to blame the ADL) but it bothers me that the FBI seems to have become procedurally lax, erasing the original medium. Maybe that really is standard practice now. Did Steele's attorneys make much of an issue of it?

The FBI for its own good needs to follow procedures scrupulously to eliminate any foothold for conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Hadding; June 15th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1808
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Chain of custody is certainly important. I don't believe that the FBI framed Steele (and even Steele doesn't claim that the FBI framed him, preferring to blame the ADL) but it bothers me that the FBI seems to have become procedurally lax, erasing the original medium. Did Steele's attorneys make much of an issue of it?
Jesus, Hadding. . .

Bite any good heels lately?

Old June 15th, 2011 #1809
8Man
"moderate" radical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbiker View Post
Is Edgar guilty or not?
.. depends on who you choose to believe.

Quote:
"I didn't have those conversations with that guy," Steele said.
How much clearer can Edgar state his position? His wife doesn't believe the 'recordings' are true or accurate. Why would the FBI deliberately delete/ tamper with/destroy their best evidence?

I've spent a few hours with Edgar and Cindy a few years ago and don't believe he's guilty of the charges.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1810
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Original Medium

Quote:
Chain of custody is certainly important. I don't believe that the FBI framed Steele (and even Steele doesn't claim that the FBI framed him, preferring to blame the ADL) but it bothers me that the FBI seems to have become procedurally lax, erasing the original medium. Maybe that really is standard practice now. Did Steele's attorneys make much of an issue of it?

The FBI for its own good needs to follow procedures scrupulously to eliminate any foothold for conspiracy theories.
We don't know the exact model of the recorder used but it apparently contains a magnetic disk which is not removable. MP3 recorders are the same way in that they have solid state non-removable storage. We are not talking about 20th Century cassette recorders here. One digital recording is exactly like another one. It is merely necessary to dump the file to a permanent storage medium such as a computer hard drive and then reuse the original recorder.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1811
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Hoyt Replaces Steele's Disbarred Lawyer

Cyndi's lawyer Wesley Hoyt has replaced Steele's head lawyer McAllister. The latter was disbarred a few days ago for stealing over $100,000 from one of his clients. Steele's website is apparently too embarrassed to report the disbarment. You heard it first on VNN.

Hoyt has done much to help Cyndi in the last year. This is an encouraging development and he has impressed me as being competent. Perhaps the defense will now stop being a laughing stock.

http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=392#more-392

Old June 15th, 2011 #1812
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
We don't know the exact model of the recorder used but it apparently contains a magnetic disk which is not removable. MP3 recorders are the same way in that they have solid state non-removable storage. We are not talking about 20th Century cassette recorders here. One digital recording is exactly like another one. It is merely necessary to dump the file to a permanent storage medium such as a computer hard drive and then reuse the original recorder.
Then perhaps Contumacyman's criticism is not valid.

I still wish that they would go the extra mile by keeping the original device with the original recording intact in the original medium so as not to give an excuse for people to go crazy with conspiracy theories. But I suppose that there are witnesses and documentation when the file is dumped from the device onto a disc, to inhibit doubts from being generated on this basis.

If chain of custody had been a serious issue I think we would have heard a lot about it.

Last edited by Hadding; June 15th, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

Old June 15th, 2011 #1813
John Liberty

Quote:
There is no short version of this case. by Don
The short version of the case is that you and your lurker buddies are siding with the fabricated ZOG bullshit story that Ed had a Ukrainian girlfriend, and was trying to kill his wife so he could be with her. Ed has reiterated that he was working on a book about the Russian mail order bride network and white slave traffickers. The government used the Russian girlfriend angle to help frame up Ed and you have been playing it up all the way through this thread . You also introduced the "Ed is crazy " angle, instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt to continually degrade him throughout the trial. You have always been the nigger in the woodpile Don, (and your credibility is now on par with Hadding, shot to hell). Problem is, your not the only troll here calling us Nazi's out. The net is getting overrun by you assholes. Anyone stupid enough to call everyone on the website a Nazi, and then say he is trying to honour everyone is the one who needs his head examined. This is like coming out and admitting you work for Cass Sunstein.

The government conspiracy theory would have been more believable if they had not used the "he was trying to kill the mother-in-law" charge. But they needed the interstate angle to get the trail in the Fed Star chamber court system where the outcome is the same as the old Soviet Union trials every time, the Feds never lose. The way this country is going downhill I would recommend everyone keep a low profile until the system self destructs on it's own (and Don is out of a job).

Ed will be setting the record straight himself, and he won't need any help from the Pro-Fed lobby at VNN. But, keep putting your foot in your mouth all you want, makes spotting the niggers easy.

Quote:
Edgar Steele is taking off the muzzle.

He’s writing. Talking to the press. Setting the record straight.

“There are things in life that defy belief,” Steele writes in a new online missive.

Steele did not testify in his own defense – against his better judgment, he says – but now he’s speaking out. He did an interview with the Coeur d’Alene Press from the Latah County Jail, in which he reiterated his belief that he was railroaded for saying unpopular things in a “particularly persuasive manner.” He talked about his plans to write books and blog posts. He’s written and posted online the first installment of “Seeing is Disbelieving,” his unaccountably breezy, true-life account of the real story behind the government’s lies.

“Now we are going to do it my way,” Steele writes, “which likely will involve a good deal of sound and fury.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...plenty-to-say/

Old June 15th, 2011 #1814
Contumacyman

The FBI testified that he "erased" the minidisk - whether it was designed to be removed or not, the original minidisk onto which the device recorded the conversation represents the "best evidence", and, there is NO EXCUSE for not preserving it along with the device, under evidence seal and locked away for both the prosecution AND DEFENSE.

Every recorder has its own particular signature which can be determined by the use of sophisticated instruments. With the use of analog magnetic recorders, the issue is not even arguable, since any analog copy is never identical to the original. The FBI, if they were determined to make recordings beyond criticism, would use analog recorders and magnetic media and allow the defense to confirm that the recordings were continuous and made on the device claimed. By using digital recorders, which create digitized sound files (such as a *.wav) file, the FBI gives itself the flimsy excuse that preserving the original media and device are no longer necessary, since a digital copy of a digital sound file is lossless. As I explained earlier, this argument would be laughed out of court, were we to have courts that insist on the time-honored concepts of due process (including best evidence and access to same). Even digital recorders have their little diffeneces in the way the create the deviations on the media which finally get interpretted as 0's and 1's.

The media gets "burned" (using a variety of methods), so that the result is what they call "pits and lands", and it is the changing from a series of "pits" to "lands", and from "lands" to "pits" that triggers the algorythm which yeilds a "1", whereas an unchanged sequence of either "lands" or "pits" would result in a "0". There are specific and technical rules regarding how these sequences are "burned", but, the bottom line is that any given recorder can make these pits or lands in more than one way, and, the result could still be the very same digital data (0's and 1's). The degree to which the surface is modified to create a "pit" is not a hard constant, but follows a threshold value set by the digital recording industry standards, so, different recorders will likely wind up with slightly different pits and lands for the very same digital result, and, even more so, the pits could be examined for the degree to which burning has occurred over and above the threshold value, and, different recorders would exhibit its own characteristic burning patterns. This examination, though intensive and exhaustively detailed, would allow for a given media (the minidisk) to be tied to a given recorder, OR NOT.

If Larry actually did have a recorder on his person (there is NO EVIDENCE that he did other than his word), and, if the conversation he recorded was actually a digital precursor image of the sound file that was played in the court, then, the preservation of the alleged device and media would have allowed the defense experts to conduct their tests and report back conclusively that the recording was in fact made by that device and in one continuous setting. There would be NO REASON for the FBI to deny the defense this exercise, save ONE, if the FBI never had any such recording in the first place. Maybe they did record Ed giving his grounds keeper work details, but, the part that has him soliticing murder for hire would NOT be on that media, so, naturally, the FBI would have to quickly ERASE that minidisk and be vague as to which exact device was used. The sound file that got transferred to a PC h/d could then be edited, quite expertly, so as to confound even painstaking attempts to PROVE it was a fabrication - without the original device and media, it would be an exercise like a mouse against a cat - hoping that they made some subtle mistake in thier fabrication which could expose the bogus nature of their "copy".

Imagine for a minute that you are Ed, and, they play a tape for you where you are giving Larry his chores, and, then, out of the clear blue, you hear YOURSELF soliciting Larry for murder. First off, you KNOW for sure whether or not you said those things, and, if you didn't, you also know for sure that they had fabricated this sound file and you would be concerned mostly with forcing them to cough up the original device and media, which you also know they could not do because you never said what you are hearing. If, on the other hand, you actually did say those things, you would know for a fact you've been busted and you needn't bother worrying about "authentication" because you would know that NO EXPERT in the world could defeat a true recording.

The point has been made over and over until I'm turning blue! Without the BEST EVIDENCE, there is NO CASE. The fact that the courts go along with this destruction of best evidence and allows substitution with any ole' sound file the FBI wished to toss into the court (what gall!), is just an indication of how much we have lost of our traditions of due process designed to protect the innocent from a wrongful conviction.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1815
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
and your credibility is now on par with Hadding, shot to hell
You never did answer me about whether you ever had an interest in black helicopters or chemtrails. As I said, your name screams patriotard.

You said this about me a few months ago when I was unable to respond:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty
you can see the same posters that were commenting on Edgar's frame up, are the one's that were banned, while the non white proZOG-heebs like "mikehalis" and "hadding" (who was banned by Linder for trolling over here) are still allowed to post on SF after taking the Fed's side. The evidence is overwhelming, the kosher mod-squad also have a network of pro-heeb posters who chime in when the jew bashing starts to get out of control on one of the threads.
You sir, are a nut.

Last edited by Hadding; June 16th, 2011 at 01:00 AM.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1816
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

You sir, are a nut. [referencing "John Liberty"]
You have no idea.

I hope your house has been built to withstand earthquakes.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; June 16th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1817
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Living in the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post

.. depends on who you choose to believe.

How much clearer can Edgar state his position? His wife doesn't believe the 'recordings' are true or accurate. Why would the FBI deliberately delete/ tamper with/destroy their best evidence?

I've spent a few hours with Edgar and Cindy a few years ago and don't believe he's guilty of the charges.
This is meaningless. Steele has likely suffered MASSIVE brain damage from his aorta surgery. He is not the same man that he once was. He has been born again. Perhaps you can explain the undisputed steamy love letters that he wrote to his so called Ukrainian girl friend from jail. The jury must have gotten quite a kick out of the one where he tells her that he wants her to have his babies.

If these love letters are not real, why did his thieving lawyer McAllister not prove them fakes? After all he has admitted stealing $100,000 from a previous client and pocketed $120,000 in this case.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1818
Mark 3 22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contumacyman View Post
Since the FBI would not identify which device was used to make the recording, and they testified on the stand that they ERASED the original media
Case CLOSED!

That would almost be like an investigation team melting a murder weapon, throwing it in the ocean, and then telling you that they drew you a nice picture of what the handgun looked like, while giving you a Scouts Honor that the finger prints on the weapon were of the accused.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1819
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Unhappy with His Lawyer

This is a bit more information on the disbarrment of Steele's head lawyer for stealing money from a client. This scum sucking lawyer had to have known this disbarrment was coming for months and should have never taken a high profile case like this . In addition the defense was so bad that it would have shamed a first year law student. Now $120,000 of Steele's money is gone and he is in far worse shape than if he had pled guilty.
=========
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...cc4c002e0.html

Court disbars Steele’s lawyer
StoryComments (11)ShareShare Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 10:00 am

Court disbars Steele’s lawyer By DAVID COLE Staff writer Bonner County Daily Bee | 11 comments

COEUR d’ALENE — Denver-area attorney Robert T. McAllister, who represented Sagle lawyer Edgar J. Steele in his murder-for-hire trial this spring in Boise, has been disbarred from practicing law by the Colorado Supreme Court.

Court documents, filed Monday with the presiding disciplinary judge for the Supreme Court, said McAllister deposited in his own account a check for more than $5,000 intended for a client. The court documents said he used the money for his personal miscellaneous purposes. An insurance company, against which he was representing his client, offered the money as a refund to the client. His client didn’t want to cash it, fearing that acceptance of the payment could be viewed as a waiver of claims against the insurance company.

McAllister had the insurance company cut another check, but with both his name and his client’s name, and he deposited it into his own account. In another incident, he took possession of $100,000 of a client’s money and used it for his personal expenses without that client’s authorization, according to court documents. The effective date of the disbarment is July 8, the court’s order said.

Steele was found guilty by a jury on all counts related to the plot to have his wife killed last year.

In an interview with the Hagadone News Network on Wednesday, Steele, 65, said he was very disappointed with his representation by McAllister. He declined to discuss specifics. “I don’t want to get into that,” Steele said by phone from the Latah County jail.

Old June 16th, 2011 #1820
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Lawyers are All Alike

See the pdf file at http://www.lawweekonline.com/2011/06...r-is-disbarred . Steele's scum sucking lawyer was previously disciplined in 2004 for cheating a client (Ms Baker) who had to sue him. Page 13 and 14 seem to be missing from the document. McAllister received a public censure and was required to attend ethics school as a part of that discipline.

He stole $100,000 of a clients money in October 2010, which led to his disbarrment which is effective next month. He took over as Steele's lead counsel on about 9 February, 2010. He was only licensed to practice law in Colorado so apparrently he used an Idaho lawyer Amendola for that purpose. McAllister was involved in some kind of contempt hearing in relation to his disbarrment on 15 April, 2011. This is right in the middle of the Steele trial. Clearly he knew that disbarrment was eminent.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread