Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old 2 Weeks Ago #1
Erik T. White

Erik T. White
Thumbs down Republishit Bitch McConnell vows end to enhanced unemployment benefits

Demoshits or Republishits are the same in essence:

Quote:
McConnell vows end to enhanced unemployment benefits

Mitch McConnell promised House Republicans Wednesday that the beefed up unemployment benefits enacted earlier this spring "will not be in the next bill."

The Senate majority leader told the House GOP minority in an afternoon phone call that he is comfortable waiting to see how the nearly $3 trillion in coronavirus spending previously approved plays out before moving forward on the next relief legislation. And he told them that the ultimate end-product won't look anything like House Democrats' $3 trillion package passed last week, according to a person briefed on the call.

While McConnell conceded more aid may be necessary in the coming weeks, he also repeated his insistence that liability reform be included in the next round of legislation to minimize lawsuits. And he said that the $600 weekly boost in unemployment benefits won't continue — a vow he hadn't previously made.

McConnell warned against trial lawyer "vultures" ready to file lawsuits and said Republicans are "going to have to clean up the Democrats’ crazy policy that is paying people more to remain unemployed than they would earn if they went back to work," McConnell said.

The remarks amount to a hardening of McConnell's current position and a dismissal of House Democrats' priorities before talks even begin. But as McConnell praised House Republicans for holding firm against Speaker Nancy Pelosi's legislation and mocked her proxy voting plan, Senate Democrats were getting opposite instructions during a midday telephone conference call.

Economist Mark Zandi told Senate Democratic committee leaders that Congress needs to extend the beefed up unemployment insurance and move "quickly" to send more aid to states and cities. Zandi said those governments are "teetering on the financial edge," according to a person on the call, and predicted many more jobs could be lost without quicker action.

McConnell seemed unmoved a few hours later and said Congress needed to proceed deliberately on the next package.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

I'll bet a lot that this POS would be all in favor of another bank bailout. He's showing himself to be an (((honorary joo!!!!!!)))

(((Big business))) will still get bailouts while the goyim die!!!

Old 2 Weeks Ago #2
Susan

Susan

I heard on wsb radio today that Trump, also, wants to end enhanced unemployment benefits by July. Wsb radio made sure to get that out there for everyone to hear.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #3
Jeffrey Smither

Jeffrey Smither

I'm still waiting on back pay from Floriduh when my business was closed. The original app I did on their new mobile site that was supposed to be faster and not crash, well they ended up with no record of that app. So eventually I was able to get on their normal website and fill it out and it was approved faster.

However, no back pay still and they really screwed me over on it.

I'm owed over 3k in backpay. Still doesn't make up for my lost sales at my business.

This is bullshit because the real unemployment rate is much higher than 14.7 percent and some businesses have closed for good.

This especially hurts younger workers, and young people who have to work summers or work in college. It's almost impossible for them to find jobs right now.

This is typical Republicunt bullshit. These fuckers, both parties destroyed the economy. Chump for caving in and telling states to close down and the governors and local governments for going with it.

Even $600 a week isn't a lot of money, but it certainly helps families a lot more than the max $275 the state of FL offers for example.

Of course Neocons will say people are just lazy and don't want to work.

Where the fuck do you want them to work right now? Take a temp job at China Mart or McNiggers for $10 an hour? Then end up on food stamps anyway and welfare.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #4
bedford

bedford

Erik, you may want to Google the Economist named Jack Rasmus who posts articles on the website Global Research because he is talking about who is really getting the big money from all these bailouts.
He wrote a lot about the financial crisis and great recession of 2008. Back then the bank bailouts and TARP may have amounted to $4 trillion in tax payer money and Rasmus is saying that the Wall Street grifter types could get up to Ten trillion dollars this time. It is like they could 90 percent of the total funds and the poor and middle class who really need the money will get 10 percent. McConnell and all the millionaire GOP politicians seem to have no problems writing blank checks to their rich buddies of the top 1 percent class, the bankers, CEOs and Goldman Sachs types who are already rich.Mitch is one who has a problem giving the middle class people their fair share. But when election time comes he will all of a sudden pretend to care about these people in Kentucky so they will vote for him.
Did you remember when Ted Cruz ran for the potus nomination in 2016 and he was against againstraising the minimum wage from $7.25 even though it has been stuck there so long it is way below the cost of living. The website unz.com has a lot of good information about politics and economics from a wn perspective.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #5
bedford

bedford

I read an article by Noam Chomsky about a month before the shutdowns and the virus became an issue. He was talking about the 150,000 deaths of despair in America that are occuring each year. There are now 70,000 opioid deaths, almost 50,000 suicides and I guess he came with another 30,000 deaths. He said these deaths were linked to wealth inequality as well as the lack of wage gains or wealth gains for the bottom 90 percent of people in America. That is most people. There have been no gains in these two areas for bottom 90 percent in 40 years. There have been huge wealth gains for the top 1 percent and the top .1 percent and I would think the top 10 percent. The top 1 percent own 40 percent of the wealth. So America is a very rich country but the poor and middle class don't have much of the wealth. Remember what happened 40 years ago when Reagan was elected. Supply side economics, tax cuts for the rich, huge money spent on the military, trickle down economics. CEOs of American companies saw they make huge profits moving American factories overseas and pay much lower wages there. These trends have continued for the next 40 years regardless if the president is Republican or Democrat. And the media shills like Limbaugh or Hannity keep telling Americans that if they work hard at their low wage jobs then everything will be all right.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #6
Jeffrey Smither

Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford View Post
I read an article by Noam Chomsky about a month before the shutdowns and the virus became an issue. He was talking about the 150,000 deaths of despair in America that are occuring each year. There are now 70,000 opioid deaths, almost 50,000 suicides and I guess he came with another 30,000 deaths. He said these deaths were linked to wealth inequality as well as the lack of wage gains or wealth gains for the bottom 90 percent of people in America. That is most people. There have been no gains in these two areas for bottom 90 percent in 40 years. There have been huge wealth gains for the top 1 percent and the top .1 percent and I would think the top 10 percent. The top 1 percent own 40 percent of the wealth. So America is a very rich country but the poor and middle class don't have much of the wealth. Remember what happened 40 years ago when Reagan was elected. Supply side economics, tax cuts for the rich, huge money spent on the military, trickle down economics. CEOs of American companies saw they make huge profits moving American factories overseas and pay much lower wages there. These trends have continued for the next 40 years regardless if the president is Republican or Democrat. And the media shills like Limbaugh or Hannity keep telling Americans that if they work hard at their low wage jobs then everything will be all right.
I"m not a Drumpf fan, didn't like Onigger, BUT Reagan was one of these worst Presidents in history.

Mega military spending, supports the financial industry, started shit in the middle east, AND nearly got the World destroyed by Nuclear War.

Reagan was a terrible President.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #7
Erik T. White

Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford View Post
Erik, you may want to Google the Economist named Jack Rasmus who posts articles on the website Global Research because he is talking about who is really getting the big money from all these bailouts.
He wrote a lot about the financial crisis and great recession of 2008. Back then the bank bailouts and TARP may have amounted to $4 trillion in tax payer money and Rasmus is saying that the Wall Street grifter types could get up to Ten trillion dollars this time. It is like they could 90 percent of the total funds and the poor and middle class who really need the money will get 10 percent. McConnell and all the millionaire GOP politicians seem to have no problems writing blank checks to their rich buddies of the top 1 percent class, the bankers, CEOs and Goldman Sachs types who are already rich.Mitch is one who has a problem giving the middle class people their fair share. But when election time comes he will all of a sudden pretend to care about these people in Kentucky so they will vote for him.
Did you remember when Ted Cruz ran for the potus nomination in 2016 and he was against againstraising the minimum wage from $7.25 even though it has been stuck there so long it is way below the cost of living. The website unz.com has a lot of good information about politics and economics from a wn perspective.
Thanks Brother! ! I've bookmarked Dr. Rasmus' blog, the Global Research website, and unz.com. I took basic courses in macroeconomics and microeconomics but I'm really interested in the field. One thing I vividly recall from macroeconomics are the two old causes of inflation, demand-pull and cost-push. Demand-pull is if the demand for something exceeds the supply the price will go up. Our prof told us that cost-push inflation was included only as an historical reference and it wouldn't really work in the "real world" because (his statement), "People would have to provide the wherewithal to purchase things in a cost-push inflation scenario." When question time came around I asked the question, "Wouldn't cost-push inflation exist if a commodity, service, or product that was necessary happened to be overstocked and companies raised the prices to keep their profits up and people would have to buy the product, good, or service and decrease putting their discretionary income into stocks, bonds, or savings accounts, just for examples?" The prof hemmed and hawed and finally said that those companies who did that would likely go out of business and then dismissed the class. He never brought up cost-push inflation again.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #8
bedford

bedford

I have a BA in economics from Georgia State University in 1988. I started out as a math major and took a lot of math classes but some of the upper level classes like Linear Algebra are real abstract and you never use them in the real world so I thought economics was better for me . I do well on standardized math tests like the GRE and made 780 on the GRE math test in 1989. I was working on masters degree in economics at GSU from 2015 to 2017 but after taking 6 classes my GPA fell just below the 3.0 requirement and I was dropped from that program. My Dean told me that I can transfer my credits to another school like Georgia Tech and finish there. I think I will do that maybe a year from now
I know a lot about econ. I am 58 and was 54 when I took my first semester classes. I asked my microeconomics professor about Nixon's wage price freeze in 1973 to try to control inflation. Neither he or any of the students seemed to know about it. Then I realized I was the only person in the class who was alive when Nixon was president.
Freezing wages and prices by the government doesn't work. I took a labor economics class at GSU taught by this Jewish professor who was in his 60s at the time. He was a famous labor economist who was chair of the department. I learned a lot in that class.Once we were discussing racial discrimination in the workplace and had to read a paper by an author who claimed the 15 iq gap between blacks and whites was 50 percent genetic and 50 percent environmental. So this Jew professor stands in front of the class and says there are differences in iq between individuals but no iq differences between races. My first thought was that he was lying his ass off. Anyway your question you posted to your professor is a good one. I was studying monopolies and oligopolies in my micro class and asked the professor if an oligopoly company like Coca Cola would lower prices of their products in the short run and lose money if they could prevent a rival soda company to start a business because that company could not sell products that low and have enough money to pay all their start-up costs. The teacher said yes.
I asked another professor what would happen if tax cuts we're given to the rich and they did not use that money to create new jobs . My professor said there would be no benefit. That is good that you have an interest in economics. You can find a lot of information on the internet. BTW, my older sister is a physician. She attended Dartmouth medical school and has been practicing since 1989.Sorry for the long post.

Thread