Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 4th, 2009 #61
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I get that, but I'm still struggling with it. I'm not defending Metallica as a fan here but trying to be a dispassionate observer. Their songs are good clean songs. "Master of Puppets" is about the evils of drugs. "One" is about war, or more specifically, landmines. Joe says Nothing Else Matters is a love song, I say it's about James himself - but whichever - it's still a clean song.

I'm struggling to see who they are aimed at and why. I know Europe, Def Leppard et al are aimed at feminising men with the long hair and prancy dancing and I know it's just an image. But the original two of Metallica have short hair and they're masculine men. So that can't be it.




That strikes a note (pardon the pun) because I do like Cry for the Indians - not the sentiment or the fact that Anthrax's singer is half jew before anyone says it but the catchy chorus melody - just the way the notes are arranged.

But it still doesn't explain why my brain likes Metallica and yours likes Showaddwaddy or Joe's likes opera or whatever.

I don't believe every single song is bad, but we need to look at the big picture. First of all, the music is too loud. Secondly, most songs are about trivial irrelevancies or someoneís personal problems. Thirdly, does modern music have a purpose that is constructive to our society? And last but not least, we have the hand of our sworn enemy at the helm of modern music. Surely, this must raise suspicions among right thinking Nationalists.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #62
Martin McGhee
Member
 
Martin McGhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 417
Martin McGhee
Default

The dominant media influence on young teens comes from MTV, which is owned by the Jew Sumner Redstone. Says MTV's chairman of the board Bob Pittman, and I quote, "At MTV we don't just shoot for the fourteen year olds -- we own them." The man who decides on the content of the entertainment presented to 14-year-olds is MTV's president of programming, Brian Graden, a homosexual Jew.

That is taken from a stormfront post

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/site...p/t-25788.html

And here's a quote from Herbert Marcuse of the Frankfurt School..

"The means of... communication..., the irresistible output of the entertainment and information industry carry with them prescribed attitudes and habits, certain intellectual and emotional reactions which bind the consumers... to the producers and, through the latter to the whole [social system]. The products indoctrinate and manipulate; they promote a false consciousness which is immune against its falsehood... Thus emerges a pattern of one-dimensional thought and behaviour"
__________________
It is not the evil itself which is horrifying about our times Ė it is the way we not only tolerate evil, but have made a cult of positively worshiping weakness, depravity, rottenness and evil itself.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #63
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I get that, but I'm still struggling with it. I'm not defending Metallica as a fan here but trying to be a dispassionate observer. Their songs are good clean songs. "Master of Puppets" is about the evils of drugs. "One" is about war, or more specifically, landmines. Joe says Nothing Else Matters is a love song, I say it's about James himself - but whichever - it's still a clean song.

I'm struggling to see who they are aimed at and why. I know Europe, Def Leppard et al are aimed at feminising men with the long hair and prancy dancing and I know it's just an image. But the original two of Metallica have short hair and they're masculine men. So that can't be it.




That strikes a note (pardon the pun) because I do like Cry for the Indians - not the sentiment or the fact that Anthrax's singer is half jew before anyone says it but the catchy chorus melody - just the way the notes are arranged.

But it still doesn't explain why my brain likes Metallica and yours likes Showaddwaddy or Joe's likes opera or whatever.
Nothing Else Matters is a fantastic tune. But we must look at the big picture when dissecting modern music. Some of these artists have amazing talents, i agree. But it is being pushed of track and down the wrong road.

I was once into Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Devo, The Tubes etc etc, and not always a fan of classical or opera. But that was before i found Nationalism and woke up.

Not all these groups are involved in any conspiracy, and nor are most of the producers. Iím sure a lot Jew involvement is pure capitalism. However, there are those out there who are quite happy to push idiotic fashions and destructive videos/lyrics to destable our society. Iím sure there are those who are quite happy the goyim are jumping up and down to this mostly senseless garbage.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #64
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rolf Of Harris View Post
No problem mate I'll try and explain what I think you want to know in laymans terms.

For the sake of argument we might as well use a song like 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Nothing Else Matters (NEM) may have a familiar sound, thats because Beethoven used basically the same technique in 'Moonlight Sonata', probably one of the greatest and dramatics pieces ever written, a tune that (I feel) can leave the listener to their own imagination when listening to it because apart from the actual music the composer has only given us 'Moonlight Sonata' to work with, that alone instills a feeling of solitude and a time for reflection and deep thoughts.

Now take a listen to NEM played on the piano (despite a couple of bum notes).....


Now bearing that in mind the above piece is played in 'D Minor', a note that is famously used in 'sad' songs or indeed songs and music of the heart.

Other great composers of who we must all thank for the use of D Minor are Bach who wrote the whole of The Art Of Fugue in it, Beethoven I beleive also wrote Symphony #9 in the same key infact to save me the hassle of looking I'm sure if you did a search you will see how much D Minor is used and universally appreciated.

So my diagnosis is, you probably enjoy D Minor and I reccomend you check out what key other music you like is played in, you will probably find a pattern in your listening habits.
So I just googled d-minor metallica and most of my favourite songs are written in d-minor or feature d-minor a lot. So this begins to make sense to me especially as an even quicker google show that a couple of Robbie Williams songs are in d-minor as well. I can't find the music for Cry for the Indians so can't check that.

So of the two vids you posted, why do I like the first (even though it's not Metallica) and the second is just boring to me if it's the note I like and they're in the same note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
I don't believe every single song is bad, but we need to look at the big picture. First of all, the music is too loud. Secondly, most songs are about trivial irrelevancies or someone’s personal problems. Thirdly, does modern music have a purpose that is constructive to our society? And last but not least, we have the hand of our sworn enemy at the helm of modern music. Surely, this must raise suspicions among right thinking Nationalists.
The last point, yes, no question.

Some music is too loud, admittedly but not all. Certainly not as loud as the 1812 overture. (edit: think that's the one I'm thinking of - the one with the cannons.) Why do I enjoy loud, fast thrash metal music and you don't?

Secondly, again, some music is about problems, but again, not all. Master is about the evils of drugs so that's a good message, in my opinion. I'm not nit-picking individual songs, though it might seem I am, I'm just speaking about the songs I know of.

A purpose that is constructive - this, again, is where I'm struggling. I enjoy it (not all but one band and a few other songs) - but is that enough? And why do I enjoy it?
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.

Last edited by Bev; October 4th, 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: not sure of right work
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #65
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Does anyone really believe it's a coincidence Israelis at the centre of Ecstasy trade? Once again, this is a brand of music being used to destroy our youth. Itís music and sex that are their two main attacks against young people. Go and read Eros and Civilisation by Herbert Marcuse. This Frankfurt School Jew spells it out crystal clear in this book.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #66
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
So I just googled d-minor metallica and most of my favourite songs are written in d-minor or feature d-minor a lot. So this begins to make sense to me especially as an even quicker google show that a couple of Robbie Williams songs are in d-minor as well. I can't find the music for Cry for the Indians so can't check that.

So of the two vids you posted, why do I like the first (even though it's not Metallica) and the second is just boring to me if it's the note I like and they're in the same note.



The last point, yes, no question.

Some music is too loud, admittedly but not all. Certainly not as loud as the 1812 overture. (edit: think that's the one I'm thinking of - the one with the cannons.) Why do I enjoy loud, fast thrash metal music and you don't?

Secondly, again, some music is about problems, but again, not all. Master is about the evils of drugs so that's a good message, in my opinion. I'm not nit-picking individual songs, though it might seem I am, I'm just speaking about the songs I know of.

A purpose that is constructive - this, again, is where I'm struggling. I enjoy it (not all but one band and a few other songs) - but is that enough? And why do I enjoy it?
We have all been conditioned to like this stuff, and not just you. People can't get in their cars without having music on. Have you noticed this?
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #67
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
Nothing Else Matters is a fantastic tune. But we must look at the big picture when dissecting modern music. Some of these artists have amazing talents, i agree. But it is being pushed of track and down the wrong road.

I was once into Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Devo, The Tubes etc etc, and not always a fan of classical or opera. But that was before i found Nationalism and woke up.

Not all these groups are involved in any conspiracy, and nor are most of the producers. Iím sure a lot Jew involvement is pure capitalism. However, there are those out there who are quite happy to push idiotic fashions and destructive videos/lyrics to destable our society. Iím sure there are those who are quite happy the goyim are jumping up and down to this mostly senseless garbage.
The videos I entirely agree on. The love songs videos I've found have disturbed me and I'm currently looking into how many attempted suicides there have been since music videos became the norm. Someone sent me a pm highlighting some suicide figures which suggest men kill themselves more than girls do but is this because men choose the methods that it's harder to come back from? Bullets and high jumps tend to be instant whereas pills and wrist slashing tend to leave time to be found and saved or to change your mind and call for help. I'm also wondering about the possibility of once the endorphins? have been experienced after a wrist slashing, if this natural high is enough to trigger self-harming or cutting associated with that song?

I know from personal experience that a certain song is enough to make me feel miserable years after the bloke's name has been forgotten so it shows music does have a lasting effect on our memories.

How de we figure which are the ones with sinister intent and which ones have jew involvement simply because the jew knows how to make a buck from someone else's hard work?
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #68
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
So I just googled d-minor metallica and most of my favourite songs are written in d-minor or feature d-minor a lot. So this begins to make sense to me especially as an even quicker google show that a couple of Robbie Williams songs are in d-minor as well. I can't find the music for Cry for the Indians so can't check that.

So of the two vids you posted, why do I like the first (even though it's not Metallica) and the second is just boring to me if it's the note I like and they're in the same note.



The last point, yes, no question.

Some music is too loud, admittedly but not all. Certainly not as loud as the 1812 overture. (edit: think that's the one I'm thinking of - the one with the cannons.) Why do I enjoy loud, fast thrash metal music and you don't?

Secondly, again, some music is about problems, but again, not all. Master is about the evils of drugs so that's a good message, in my opinion. I'm not nit-picking individual songs, though it might seem I am, I'm just speaking about the songs I know of.

A purpose that is constructive - this, again, is where I'm struggling. I enjoy it (not all but one band and a few other songs) - but is that enough? And why do I enjoy it?
Not every song and group has destructive influences over people. But what sort of example is Slipknot giving when wearing silly masks? And why do they feel the need to wear them? Music has gone completely of track with this sort of silly behaviour.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #69
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
Not every song and group has destructive influences over people. But what sort of example is Slipknot giving when wearing silly masks? And why do they feel the need to wear them? Music has gone completely of track with this sort of silly behaviour.
I don't know. I've never really listened to Slipknot. I think the masks may be a gimmick or trademark to make them stand out from the other similar bands (which alone should say something.) But I really don't know and the masks alone would put me off listening to them because it reminds me of horror films. Daft rationalisation, really.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #70
andy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: london
Posts: 12,833
andy
Default

I am all for an attack on the popular music industry and the svengalis behind it.Particularly those like Malcolm McLaren who are completely open in their intention to apply their social engineering while making as much money as fast as possible.
I am not sure about the songs though,I have just looked up the Metallica song on you tube and came across November Rain By Guns and Roses.I have heard of this band and believed them to be a heavy metal band but like the Metallica song this is a ballad.Like the Metallica song they have an Orchestra involved.

Now this song has a very dodgy multi cult video and the principles in it (Guns and Roses ) Look like heroin users.But the song itself is extremely complex it is not just verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus.It has multi melodies and elaborate intros,extros the melody alone would have taxed Wagner.
Now I'm not saying that Guns and Roses should be an example to our youth merely pointing out that while these characters can be attacked for their appearence,demeanour,drug taking and poofy tarts hair.It would not be a wise move to attack their musical abilities
__________________
The above post is as always my opinion

Chase them into the swamps
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #71
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
The videos I entirely agree on. The love songs videos I've found have disturbed me and I'm currently looking into how many attempted suicides there have been since music videos became the norm. Someone sent me a pm highlighting some suicide figures which suggest men kill themselves more than girls do but is this because men choose the methods that it's harder to come back from? Bullets and high jumps tend to be instant whereas pills and wrist slashing tend to leave time to be found and saved or to change your mind and call for help. I'm also wondering about the possibility of once the endorphins? have been experienced after a wrist slashing, if this natural high is enough to trigger self-harming or cutting associated with that song?

I know from personal experience that a certain song is enough to make me feel miserable years after the bloke's name has been forgotten so it shows music does have a lasting effect on our memories.

How de we figure which are the ones with sinister intent and which ones have jew involvement simply because the jew knows how to make a buck from someone else's hard work?
I don't buy or listen to any modern day music anymore. How can one listen and buy this crap when our enemies are using it to destroy us? Grown men singing about losing their angel, baby, sugar or honey is pathetic. No wonder men are killing themselves listening to feminised rubbish.
Music has now become paramount in peopleís lives, when it shouldnít be. Music is drummed down our ears everywhere we go. The music of today is influencing kids to what is supposedly right and wrong. And we as Nationalists must oppose this.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #72
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I am all for an attack on the popular music industry and the svengalis behind it.Particularly those like Malcolm McLaren who are completely open in their intention to apply their social engineering while making as much money as fast as possible.
I am not sure about the songs though,I have just looked up the Metallica song on you tube and came across November Rain By Guns and Roses.I have heard of this band and believed them to be a heavy metal band but like the Metallica song this is a ballad.Like the Metallica song they have an Orchestra involved.

Now this song has a very dodgy multi cult video and the principles in it (Guns and Roses ) Look like heroin users.But the song itself is extremely complex it is not just verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus.It has multi melodies and elaborate intros,extros the melody alone would have taxed Wagner.
Now I'm not saying that Guns and Roses should be an example to our youth merely pointing out that while these characters can be attacked for their appearence,demeanour,drug taking and poofy tarts hair.It would not be a wise move to attack their musical abilities
Yes, but one can't take one song to justify the whole music scene. November Rain is a good tune, but we must look at the big picture. Gun's n' Roses are heroin users. Therefore, they keep the heroin trade going.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #73
Gibson
.
 
Gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Gibson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Right - the first song - How many of you saw this image in the first song? Joe didn't. But we were discussing music and he sent me an email called "slit my wrists" and he jokingly said that he could slit his wrists after listening to this song. He subconsciously saw the wrist which has NO bearing to the song whatsoever and it was clearly still buried somewhere in his mind later when he sent me the email.

This was what made me begin to realise what he is on about. If you're a dumped, depressed and maybe drunk teen or young person listening to these songs, (and we've all done it - broken up with someone and sat listening to "our" songs and looking through old photos or whatever) this video could be enough to encourage you to self harm or even worse. But is it done on purpose?
Well, that wrist thing at the beginning of Foreigner, I don't think the wrist was what the director had in mind. I think we were meant to notice the wedding ring and a hand gesture expressing anguish (if a hand can express such a thing). However, anyone in an intense emotional state will read their current emotion into almost anything, whether it's really there or not.

On that Nilson track, the music and images seemed kinda incongruous. The music was miserable and whiney, but the sunset pictures were really rather nice. If they'd wanted you to be depressed, they'd have shown dark clouds over a dark city.

Just my opinion.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #74
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I am all for an attack on the popular music industry and the svengalis behind it.Particularly those like Malcolm McLaren who are completely open in their intention to apply their social engineering while making as much money as fast as possible.
I am not sure about the songs though,I have just looked up the Metallica song on you tube and came across November Rain By Guns and Roses.I have heard of this band and believed them to be a heavy metal band but like the Metallica song this is a ballad.Like the Metallica song they have an Orchestra involved.

Now this song has a very dodgy multi cult video and the principles in it (Guns and Roses ) Look like heroin users.But the song itself is extremely complex it is not just verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus.It has multi melodies and elaborate intros,extros the melody alone would have taxed Wagner.
Now I'm not saying that Guns and Roses should be an example to our youth merely pointing out that while these characters can be attacked for their appearence,demeanour,drug taking and poofy tarts hair.It would not be a wise move to attack their musical abilities
They are very accomplished and do do some heavier songs. None are to my taste anymore although I don't turn the radio off when the Dylan? cover Knockin' on Heaven's Door from the film Lethal Weapon is on.
Their image is appalling - any man who spends as much time on his hair and nails as Axl Rose does is not a good model but they do have musical excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
I don't buy or listen to any modern day music anymore. How can one listen and buy this crap when our enemies are using it to destroy us? Grown men singing about losing their angel, baby, sugar or honey is pathetic. No wonder men are killing themselves listening to feminised rubbish.
Music has now become paramount in peopleís lives, when it shouldnít be. Music is drummed down our ears everywhere we go. The music of today is influencing kids to what is supposedly right and wrong. And we as Nationalists must oppose this.
I don't entirely disagree. I wish we could entirely change music to reflect right and wrong in the way that some bands do, or put greater trust in parents and the social environment as a whole to teach their kids right from wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
Yes, but one can't take one song to justify the whole music scene. November Rain is a good tune, but we must look at the big picture. Gun's n' Roses are heroin users. Therefore, they keep the heroin trade going.
I didn't know they were heroin users, although I've not really been into them for years since they turned away from Welcome to the Jungle style songs all soft rock type.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #75
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
Well, that wrist thing at the beginning of Foreigner, I don't think the wrist was what the director had in mind. I think we were meant to notice the wedding ring and a hand gesture expressing anguish (if a hand can express such a thing). However, anyone in an intense emotional state will read their current emotion into almost anything, whether it's really there or not.

On that Nilson track, the music and images seemed kinda incongruous. The music was miserable and whiney, but the sunset pictures were really rather nice. If they'd wanted you to be depressed, they'd have shown dark clouds over a dark city.

Just my opinion.
Having watched them again, the Foreigner one is very ambiguous. You could be right with the wedding ring and the fist clenched in emotional pain. That might be what they intended to convey, but both Joe and I picked up on the wrist - he (subconsciously) to the extent of referencing slitting wrists without realising why - and I don't know about Joe but I certainly wasn't emotionally fragile yesterday. As you say, if it isn't intentional, it's still enough to tip someone who is already in a suggestible state of mind over the edge.

You could be right on the Nilson one. I didn't notice a sunset the first time, just an expanse of water ideal for drowning in.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #76
Martin McGhee
Member
 
Martin McGhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 417
Martin McGhee
Default

I think the Nilson one is just a video made by a Youtube user.
__________________
It is not the evil itself which is horrifying about our times Ė it is the way we not only tolerate evil, but have made a cult of positively worshiping weakness, depravity, rottenness and evil itself.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #77
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
Well, that wrist thing at the beginning of Foreigner, I don't think the wrist was what the director had in mind. I think we were meant to notice the wedding ring and a hand gesture expressing anguish (if a hand can express such a thing). However, anyone in an intense emotional state will read their current emotion into almost anything, whether it's really there or not.

On that Nilson track, the music and images seemed kinda incongruous. The music was miserable and whiney, but the sunset pictures were really rather nice. If they'd wanted you to be depressed, they'd have shown dark clouds over a dark city.

Just my opinion.
Yes, you may be right regarding the hand.
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #78
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Music again being used to push Third Wave Feminism. The party line is the same for all this to be a coincidence.

YouTube - Independent Woman Destiny's Child

Last edited by Joe Owens; October 4th, 2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: update
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #79
Joe Owens
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,920
Default

Like with the Pussycat Dolls (even worse) this group of cheap sluts bounce down the road like a gang of lads looking for trouble. Also, did you notice them climbing? Yes, the Pussycat Dolls do the same in a video I posted on this thread. Now girls are not normally renowned for climbing, are they? Once again this video pushes the Third Wave Feminism. I find it hard to believe this is all an accident, in pushing women this way.

YouTube - Girlicious - Stupid S***: Full Version, Edited
 
Old October 4th, 2009 #80
Reinhard
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 342
Reinhard
Default

The difference lies in the base (pop culture) and the cebral (classical).

Opera/classical perhaps interacts with the endorphins within the brain that interacts in time to the nervous system because it has a rhythm as opposed to 'popular' musak which relies on beat and it is the beat which dictates the irregular response of ones nervous system and 'takes over' ones emotions independently of ones brain/reason?
 
Reply

Tags
acdc win, metal, neverending, rock on

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.
Page generated in 0.19797 seconds.