Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 11th, 2011 #2141
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Federal Insanity Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by procopius View Post
looks like temporary insanity does not work so well with premeditated murder attempts. Gosh, who knew? Thanks for posting, Don.
This guy pleaded guilty for reasons that are unclear. The Federal Insanity defense requires that the defendant be both crazy and unable to appreciate that the act was wrong. It is clear in Steele's case that the standard was met. I don't know all of the facts of this Mendenhall case.

Quote:
[18 USC 17 Insanity defense

(a) Affirmative Defense.— It is an affirmative defense to a
prosecution under any Federal statute that, at the time of the
commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a
result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate
the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts. Mental disease
or defect does not otherwise constitute a defense.

(b) Burden of Proof.— The defendant has the burden of proving the
defense of insanity by clear and convincing evidence.]
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2142
procopius
Senior Member
 
procopius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,611
procopius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
This guy pleaded guilty for reasons that are unclear. The Federal Insanity defense requires that the defendant be both crazy and unable to appreciate that the act was wrong. It is clear in Steele's case that the standard was met. I don't know all of the facts of this Mendenhall case.
Don you really need a new hobby.

Anyway, It is not a very feasible defense for a person to claim temporary insanity in a murder conspiracy. It would make sense if the attempted murder happened in the moment of a heated argument but not in convoluted murder conspiracy. I'm sure you know this.
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2143
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Insanity Defense in Conspiracies

Quote:
Originally Posted by procopius View Post
Don you really need a new hobby.

Anyway, It is not a very feasible defense for a person to claim temporary insanity in a murder conspiracy. It would make sense if the attempted murder happened in the moment of a heated argument but not in convoluted murder conspiracy. I'm sure you know this.
Insanity need not be temporary. That certainly worked in Hinckley's case after he shot Ronnie Raygun. He had no accomplice but the plot was carefully executed over a long period of time. He is still locked up in a looney bin over 30 years later.

I am rather inclined to believe that it is at least semi-permanent in Steele's case. It also need not be complete. As long as Steele thought that it was not wrong to try to have his wife killed he cannot be prosecuted. Fairfax's sweetheart deal is disgusting. He had no excuse.
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2144
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Possession Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post
There's a significant difference between the Steele and Mendenhall cases. In the Steele case it was Fairfax that did all the physical stuff (acquire and assemble the pipebomb components, attach it to Cindys car, went to check on it in Oregon, etc..) We have Fairfax (dubious) word that Steele asked him to do it.

Steele has been convicted for words (that he may have spoke), not for any actual deed that could have endangered his wife. Completely different with Mendenhall- assuming the info is accurate- he did comit acts meant to kill his wife.

Only the US 'Justice' system could rationalize nearly identical sentences for such disparate cases.
While you are certainly correct that Fairfax was by far the greater scumbag, the jury instructions were clear. If Steele ordered Fairfax to possess the pipe bomb, he possessed it himself. Legally it makes no difference at all whether it was talk or action. I posted previously on these jury instructions.
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2145
John Liberty
Senior Member
 
John Liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 700
John Liberty
Default

Quote:
Fairfax was by far the greater scumbag, by ADL-Don
You got Fairfax beat by a long shot Don. It is time for everyone to step up to the plate and start supporting Ed. (except the ADL boys of course)

Steele files for new trial, affidavits here at his site.

http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=475#more-475
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2146
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Goldmine of Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
You got Fairfax beat by a long shot Don. It is time for everyone to step up to the plate and start supporting Ed. (except the ADL boys of course)

Steele files for new trial, affidavits here at his site.

http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=475#more-475
It was about time for you to do something usefull, see http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/wp-...rge-Papcun.pdf .

This supposed audio expert wanted $48,000 reimbursement from Steele in return for cancelling his Bora Bora vacation to be available for trial. There is no way that a vacation like this can cost $10,000 for two. Anybody who will squander this kind of money is no audio expert.

He is not telling the whole truth. Hoyt was supposed to give the judge an IP address to test the video connection in advance of trial time and he did not do so. Since it could not be tested for lack of lock ups, the judge required his presence in person for cross examination. There are hundreds of audio experts in the country who could have testified and they picked this loser. Papcun NEVER said that the recordings were faked.

A new trial with the same doomed strategy of proving the recordings were faked will produce the same result. Another year in jail for Steele and another conviction.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; August 11th, 2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old August 11th, 2011 #2147
John Liberty
Senior Member
 
John Liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 700
John Liberty
Default

Quote:
A new trial with the same doomed strategy of proving the recordings were faked will produce the same result. Another year in jail for Steele and another conviction. By ADL-Don
And you will be the ADL cheerleader all through the time frame. Ed is another political prisoner in the belly of the ZOG beast.

Since Ed was the target all along, (and not the terrorist pipebomber Fairfax) it will be hard to beat the rap in a stacked deck ZOG star chamber court system. Ed has no choice but to call the feds out on their murder-for-hire scam, he is already sitting in jail, (at least he gets to communicate now).

Quote:
They were calling me the “Million Dollar Man” in and around the local Federal courthouse because of the exceptional effort and amount of money that was being employed to ensure that I was put away “for the rest of (my) life,” as promised my wife by FBI Agent Mike Sotka, one of the two people relentlessly and ruthlessly driving my prosecution. You have to ask yourself why such resources were being expended in my prosecution if my guilt was so obvious.

You also have to ask yourself why I, a practicing trial lawyer with a spotless record, had to be held for nearly a year without bail. My family and friends pledged $1 million for bail, only to be repeatedly refused by a Federal magistrate shot through with malice and literally dripping with contempt. Held in solitary confinement for most of that year, not to mention mostly under maximum security and full lockdown, there was no way for me to communicate with others or, more importantly, actually participate in erecting my own trial defense.

Since what remained of my family’s life savings (kept on our property as silver bullion) that had not yet been stolen by Larry, the Idahun Handyman Hit Man, was confiscated by the FBI, I was left with nothing but a public defender. It is not for nothing that such lawyers are called “Public Pretenders,” believe me.

Without my many, many friends who contributed to a Legal Defense Fund, I never could have afforded to hire a private attorney or the forensic audiology experts who uncovered the proof that I had been framed. Of course, I didn’t reckon with my Federal trial judge refusing to allow them to testify.

Nor did I reckon with the fact that I would be denied confidential attorney-client communications by that prosecutor and the judge, but that is a story for another day. Ed Steele
 
Old August 12th, 2011 #2148
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liability View Post
And you will be the ADL cheerleader all through the time frame.
This is just a lie. Donald Pauly has never praised the ADL here nor promoted anything that the ADL promotes.
 
Old August 12th, 2011 #2149
Kennewickman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,128
Default

One of them was a pedophile and they all participated in a bank holdup and opened up on police with AK’s. And they can walk out of court for $1.25 million each.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/na...osition=recent
 
Old August 12th, 2011 #2150
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Steele's Affadavit in New Trial Motion

I am possibly the only one besides the court reporter who has read the entire 1500 pages of the trial transcript. It showed that there were plenty of Negroes in the woodpile on both sides of this case. The newly released motion for new trial is another gold mine of data. Steele's affadavit continues to expose entire tribes of Negroes. The Steele cheerleaders might do something useful and help me go thru this new mound of evidence.

It is unknown how much of this was really written by Steele and how much by his current attorney Hoyt. I am having to retype the text by hand because the file is merely a photocopy of the original. If anyone has the full Adobe Acrobat they could greatly help by Optical Character Recognition.

Steele bashes his Public Defender and McAllister as being incompetent. I think that I have done a somewhat better job of bashing both of them in this forum. That portion of the affadavit will be posted later as I have time. I am about half way thru the 32 page document but these two items jumped out at me.

First Steele whines about his calls to prospective attorneys being recorded. He blames the fact that he couldn't discover the past thieving record of McAllister on this recording. This is nonsense. The recording had nothing to do with him asking McAllister if he had any disciplinary action. McAllister would have had to admit that he was nearly disbarred in 2004 for cheating a consultant and that he had to attend ethics class.

This is the bombshell and I don't believe it. Steele claims to have seen a document from the ADL which basicly said that he needed to be prosecuted because he was writing politically incorrect things. If this document exists, it would blow the entire trial out of the water. The ADL is worth $100 million at least. They would never jeapordize their assets over a nearly dead White Nationalist lawyer with such a letter. Even if they had, it would have never been shown to Steele.

A few years back the ADL were stung by having to pay $10 million in a libel judgement in Denver for tapping a White couple's telephone call. They falsely accused them of anti-Semitism over a dispute with a Jew neighbor. The ADL learned their lesson. I think that Steele is lying about this document. I have caught him in three lies in his recent Nickle Rants from jail and have posted two of them. He may not realize that the trial transcript has been published.

Quote:
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/wp-...gar-Steele.pdf
........
20.US Marshal Policy is Further Reason that Deemed "Waiver" was not Voluntary.
......
h.Not being able to speak freely and openly with an attorney on a so-called "private line" and having a lingering concern that the call was being recorded, caused me to be unable to adequately screen him as a candidate to represent me. For instance, I would have asked him about current bar complaints if it had not been for the constant threat of being recorded.
........
24.I was prohibited from meaningful participation in the defense of my own case because of the following:

a. Denial of Right to Retain Document Essential to My Defense. I was denied the right to retain a copy of a document which was handed to me along with the Complaint (Dkt # 1), at my initial appearance hearing of June 15, 2010.

1.After said document was tendered to me, I was permitted to hold and read it, along with the Complaint and Affidavit during said initial appearance hearing. Said document contained a reference to derogatory statements made against me by a representative of the Anti-Defamation League ("ADL").

2.Paraphrasing, the essence of the ADL statement was that I was 'politically incorrect' in my writings, which the ADL interpreted as me being critical of certain ethnic and religious groups and that by making such statements, I was considered by them to be a 'dangerous person' capable of capable of (sic) violent act, including the present allegation of soliciting someone to murder my wife. Thus, the thrust of the ADL statement was that I needed to be prosecuted for some offense in order to silence me in the interests of public safety.

4.The Statement by the representative of the ADL in said document was essential to the development of my theory of defense and would have demonstrated that the FBI and the ADL were working together to foster a false prosecution against me for political reasons.
........

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; August 13th, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
 
Old August 12th, 2011 #2151
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default McAllister's Motive

I am about half way thru Cyndi's Affadavit. So far she spends most of her time bashing the now disbarred lawyer McAllister. She seems to have done about as good as job as I did on this forum tearing him up. It occurred to me that he might have been in trouble with the IRS in connection with his bankruptcy. They could have blackmailed him to throw the case. The IRS has something on everyone.

 
Old August 12th, 2011 #2152
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Cyndi's Affidavit Summarized

Cyndi's affidavit in support of her husbands motion for a new trial runs to 27 pages. I am trying to run it thru Optical Character Recognition to make it machine readable for posting. It reveals the presence of several dozen more Negroes in the various woodpiles.

Cyndi admits that she was seeing a therapist. She doesn't say what for. Several days after Steele's surgery on 21 November, 2009, Cyndi went home to the ranch for some badly needed rest. She left him by himself in the hospital. He called her up at midnight and claimed that two nurses were trying to kill him. He threatened to divorce her if she didn't come back to the hospital at once to protect him from them. She went back to hold his hand and nearly killed herself by going to sleep at the wheel.

Steele was on a respirator for nine days. Most heart transplant patients are working out on the treadmill three days after surgery. He clearly came very close to dying. His mental symptoms were much more severe than with most heart surgery patients. He checked himself out of the hospital on 9 December in spite of her objections.

Steele could not handle simple things shortly before he was arrested. He frequently needed others to repeat themselves and also repeated himself. Cyndi advised him by phone while he was in jail of the existence of the tapes before he knew of them himself. That precipitated the infamous call about the rhinoceros in the road.

McAllister's corporation had filed for bankruptcy prior to trial and she bashes him repeatedly for his incompetence. It was far worse than I realized. She claims that the recordings are crudely done forgeries. I have grave doubts about that but have not been able to get them myself to see how good they are. It seems to me that the jury would have acquitted Steele if anything was seriously wrong with the recordings.

Cyndi claims that Fairfax stole $45,000 in bullion. Cyndi admits that her husband sold $55,000 worth of silver or about 3,000 ounces worth. The FBI inventoried all of the bullion and returned about 7,000 ounces worth. It seems to me that this is a simple accounting problem. According to the Famous But Incompetent, Fairfax sold about $10,000 worth or roughly 560 ounces. Somebody is lying.

Cyndi claims Fairfax was a front man for the SPLC, ADL and JDL. In the first place the JDL hardly exists. Jerry Rubin, of Blessed Memory, was assassinated in jail. He was awaiting trial for supposedly planning to bomb a Los Angeles mosque. There was a big Negro in the woodpile in that case. Rubin was the main force behind the JDL and his wife kept the name going.

Secondly I have more respect for the intelligence of the Jews in the Poverty Palace and the Jews in the ADL than to think that they would get involved with a bungling fool like Fairfax. He would clearly betray Steele for a few pieces of silver and would do the same to them. If they were going to employ an agent, they would pick a little smarter one.

The Steele camp suffers from an exaggerated sense of his self worth. Since he was nearly dead, he was no threat to the Jews and not worth the trouble. He was totally harmless writing his 14,000 emails to his Ukrainian girlfriends every six months. My theory that he went crazy after aorta surgery is supported and reinforced by this affidavit.

 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2153
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Steele Caught in His Fourth Lie in Published Writings

I have now caught Steele in his fourth lie in his Nickle Rants. Since he became insane, nothing that he says is believable. He has reverted to the Typical Lawyer Behavior that he was able to suppress when he was sane. I have posted the first two of his lies here recently but have not had time to post the third one.

Robert Stoll is Steele's veterinarian. He treated Steele's horse on 10 June, 2010 after it got caught in barbed wire. Of course it is possible that the vet is lying, but the vet is under oath and has never been caught lying like Steele has. Here is a portion of Steeles Nickel Rant from 15 January, 2010. This was over a month after he got out of the hospital. Compare that with his lie from the affadavit below.

Steele has previously threatened to act like a Christian when he was talking of running for Idaho governor. He wanted to impress the vet that he was a good Christian. Steele was raised as a Seventh Day Adventist. That may be part of his problem.

Quote:
http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...th#post1143527
........
Now that I have visited the land of the dead (sorry - no touchy-feely "near-death" experiences for me, not a one), I find that I am unimpressed with a good deal of the suffering that takes place in the world.
.......
At great labor, I have retyped this affadavit which is below. It was FAXed from his veterinary office Animal Medical Care.

Quote:

http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/wp-...bert-Stoll.pdf
=========
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF IDAHO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,

V.

EDGAR STEELE,
Defendant

Criminal Case No. 10CR148
---------
AFFIDAVIT OF ROBERT STOLL
---------
State of Idaho
ss
County of Bonner

I, Robert Stoll, the Affiant, a resident of the state of Idaho, being over the age of 18 years and competent to testify, according to my own personal knowledge and observations and upon my oath, state, allege and aver as follows:

1.I was called as a witness and took an oath to tell the truth, and the whole truth and nothing but the truth and I testified at the trial of the above crimiminal action in the Federal Distric Court in Boise, Idaho on May 2, 2011.

2.I was not able to fully answer the questions asked of me by the defense attorney because of the objections raised by the government and thus, I was not able to fulfill my oath to tell the whole truth.

3.If allowed to fully answer the questions as to Edgar Steel's health condition and state of mind, including his intent on June 10, 2010, I would have stated my impression as to his mental condition, as follows:
a.I asked Edgar how he was doing.
b.He answered the question with a question by saying:"Don't you know?"
c.I replied:"Know what?
d.He explained that because of an aortic aneurism in November 2009, he had nearly bled out and suffer a 'near death' experience. He said he felt he had died and came back to life. Then, in May, he almost bled out again from a nasal/sinus cavity aneurism.
e.Because of my veterinary medicine training, I exclaimed to him:"My G-d Ed, people do not normally live more than a few seconds from such a condition! It's a miracle you survived.
f.Referring to the near death experience, I asked him:"What was it like?"
g.He said:"Immaculate."
h.I asked him if he believed in G-d.
i.He said:"I sure do."
j.To understand whether he had simply developed a recent belief because of the miracle, or if he had a deeper conviction, I asked:"Have you read the Bible?"
k.He said:"Cover-to cover"
l.I asked if anyone was staying with him or if he was alone.
m.He said he was alone. Then he said it would make him happy if he could only get his beloved Cyndi and his family back home. He said:"I miss them terribly."
n.Because I observed that he was in a weakened physical condition and I was concerned that he should not be caring for a 1,200 pound horse, I advised him that I had used a five (5) day antibiotic injection on the horse's injured leg.
o.Ed said:"Thank you"

4.Because of this conversation and the manner of Edgar's tender affection for his wife and family, I believe that his man's intent on June 10,2010 when I visited with him was not to kill anyone, especially his wife.

Further Affiant sayeth naught.

Rober Stoll 5-3-11

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; August 13th, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typos
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2154
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Old Comment From Sandpoint Resident

I stumbled across this year old comment that I missed from a local who claims to know Steele. There seems to be a bit of Jekyl and Hyde in him. Sandpoint is a small town close to Sagle.

Quote:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-coeur-dalene/

TomAdams on June 21 at 9:16 a.m.

There are a lot of holes in the federal story, however, there are also a lot of missing parts to old Edgar’s story. Knowing this man from days living in Sandpoint, he is filled with hatred and spews considerable vitriolic blather towards anyone willing to debate him, or disagree with his ideas. It would be quite like him in a moment of anger, for he is very tempermental, to declare he wanted his family members killed…you choose the reason, and not really mean it. But this time it went a step to far, and the ever encroaching government reps waere there to take full advantage. Mrs. Steele will be most interesting to hear from, and she is a strong woman quite capable of taking care of herself. Good luck to Mrs. Steele and the son and daughter. They are going to need it.
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2155
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,740
-JC
Default Latest post by Ed Steele as received

(Also posted recently are numerous documents regarding 'Motion For New Trial', found at http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=475 --- Interesting read for those who have been following the legal battle.)

How Too?
(Sex, Lies and Audiotape, Part VIII)
by Edgar J. Steele
August 13, 2011

Original Copies
I find it extraordinarily odd that FBI Special Agent Sotka continually lied about possessing the original recordings, until he was cross-examined on the witness stand at my trial. You see, we subpoenaed to trial the actual recorder that Larry supposedly used to make the two recordings that were the only evidence against me. Claiming all along that he had provided the originals to both the FBI labs and to my sound experts, Sotka finally acknowledged under oath that he could not produce the actual original recordings. Why? Because he destroyed them shortly after they were made! We never even got to see that recorder. So much for confronting the evidence against me.

Here’s the problem with our not being allowed to test the recorder: In the pretrial “Daubert” hearing challenging my (world-class) sound experts, a key point made by the government was that their recorder’s “floor” volume limit and “ceiling” frequency limit accounted for those “electronic signatures.” Sorry, the judge told us, but the recorder is “too secret” to let us verify any of the government’s claims about the limitations of their recorder. How convenient for the government. How tragic for me. Guess my world-class experts just must be dumb.

Agent Sotka did claim to have copied the original recordings to a different format, but he continued to call those copies “originals.” Most people, including my experts, would call those copies simply copies, second generation, at that, but not Agent Sotka. Agent Sotka steadfastly insisted upon calling them “originals.” Oh, my…

Incidentally…



The same FBI Agent who told all those lies and made several startling admissions at trial, Michael Sotka, also finally admitted that he had violated several FBI rules of protocol in securing his “recordings” (the same ones that evenSotka claimed never to have heard before he destroyed them):
  1. The alleged conversations between Fairfax and me were not simultaneously monitored by the FBI (by radio) as they were being made (and, incidentally, as Sotka at first falsely claimed to have done).
  2. There was no second (or more) FBI agent(s) present to observe the proceedings. Just Sotka.
  3. There was no visual sighting of the target (me) at any time during either “recording session.”
  4. The originals (and first-generation copies) were destroyed by Agent Sotka, never having been heard by anybody.
Tell me, just how obvious does it have to be in order to produce reasonable doubt at trial? Answer: That depends upon your lawyer and the degree of corruption involved (both topics for a future installment I call, “Thrown Under the Bus”).

Juries Love a Man in Uniform
My jury, like virtually all juries, accorded Agent Sotka’s testimony the same weight that all juries give to the testimony of police and other agents of the government: They took it as gospel. Only on TV do juries manage to disbelieve government agents – trust me on this one, because I am a trial lawyer (I know how that sounds, but for once I don’t say it as a joke). Else, how do you explain their verdict after hearing Agent Sotka’s startling admission?

But why would FBI Agent Sotka even participate in, let alone mastermind, a fraud like this? How do you think FBI agents get promoted?

The FBI has maintained a large task force in Northern Idaho since the days of Richard Butler’s Aryan Nations (both of whom I represented at a very high-profile trial several years ago, don’t forget). That task force has had little to do. How often have you heard about structure fires surreptitiously being set by over-ambitious firemen with too much time on their hands?

Is It Memorex or…?
Why was Sotka so quick to deny to my wife knowing who I was? Why was he so eager, the morning of my arrest, to assure me that the FBI was not out to get me? Is the fear of putting the lie to these two assertions the reason they won’t let us hear that third recording?

After stalling Cyndi for 10 days before allowing her to hear his “original” two recordings, why did Agent Sotka then tell her he couldn’t play the third tape for her because it “wasn’t yet ready?” It wasn’t ready? Excuse me…isn’t this the same tape that one of the FBI agents shook beneath the nose of Dr. Banks shortly after my arrest, saying, “I’ve got everything we need right here?” Not “ready?” After ten days? What, exactly, needed to be done to that tape, such that it “wasn’t ready” ten days later for my wife to hear?

Do you suppose that Agent Sotka hadn’t yet made his “original” from that tape, similar to the two “originals” (second-generation copies, by his own admission at trial) that required ten days before they were “ready” for Cyndi to hear? Was it, too, a “work in progress” at that time, as the other two recordings seem to have been, since they subtly changed each time my wife heard them?

Speak No Evil
It seems likely to me that FBI Agent Sotka was in on the fraud, at a minimum. But the judge refused to let us say so, directly or through witnesses. He also refused to let us tell the jury, directly or through two of the leading forensic audiologists in the world, that the only evidence against me was fabricated. Why? The judge also literally forbade my attorney from eliciting any testimony casting the FBI in a bad light.

Are you beginning to see how it is done? Spare me the blather about how I must be guilty, else how could 12 jurors, good and true, say that I was guilty? Easily. How do you think the Feds get that 97% conviction rate of which they are so proud? Fair trial? Not even close, boys and girls. Not even close.

All My Trials
Hope springs eternal. Though wrongly convicted and sitting in a jail cell as I write this, while awaiting that same Federal trial judge to sentence me (to a mandatory minimum 50 years), I (naively?) hope to be granted a new trial on appeal – a trial that will be fair enough ( I have plans for ensuring that ) to enable me to clear my name and walk free, then to spend my declining years in the arms of my beloved Cyndi, just as we first planned, 27 years ago.


Previous: Too Good (Sex, Lies and Audiotape, Part VII)

Copyright ©2011, Edgar J. Steele
Forward as you wish. Permission is granted to circulate this article and its related audio file among private individuals and groups, post on all Internet sites and publish in full in all not-for-profit publications.Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

Last edited by -JC; August 13th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2156
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
I stumbled across this year old comment that I missed from a local who claims to know Steele. There seems to be a bit of Jekyl and Hyde in him. Sandpoint is a small town close to Sagle.
You've determined this from an anonymous, unfounded smear from the public comments section of a newspaper article? There seems nothing of the sort, and you're too intelligent not to know it.

At this point, Donald, what other conclusion can a fair-minded observer come to about your purpose in this thread? I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time.
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2157
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Neighbor Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
You've determined this from an anonymous, unfounded smear from the public comments section of a newspaper article? There seems nothing of the sort, and you're too intelligent not to know it.

At this point, Donald, what other conclusion can a fair-minded observer come to about your purpose in this thread? I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time.
Don't talk to me, I've never met Steele. Talk to http://www.spokesman.com/profiles/TomAdams/ his former neighbor. By Cyndi's admission, they had several disputes with their neighbors. I take no position on this particular issue. Of course, Steele at his worst was a saint compared to Fairfax.

I am getting sick and tired of Steele's latest batch of lies. They are coming out faster than I can post them. It is time to get him the medical help that he needs. He is digging himself deeper in the hole all of the time. All of these lies will be admissible in his new trial.
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2158
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,740
-JC
Default Thread much easier to re-read if ignoring some who post constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
You've determined this from an anonymous, unfounded smear from the public comments section of a newspaper article? There seems nothing of the sort, and you're too intelligent not to know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post

At this point, Donald, what other conclusion can a fair-minded observer come to about your purpose in this thread? I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time.
Apparently I've re-posted some of Steele's original material that another 'ignored" forum member frequently claims to have posted first and therefore owns in some way I suppose. Never mind that "bumping" posts to bring them back to the top of threads for several good reasons particularly in tedious threads happens all the time. I keep hearing from one of my buddies that everyone doing this and other things this creature who would seem to think he owns this thread doesn't like is called "crazy."

With a tip of the hat to someone who organized and articulates this better than I could: http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2004/08/psychiatry-101-defense-mechanisms.html

... Psychiatry 101- Defense Mechanisms

In reading back over my posts, I notice that I talk frequently about "psychological defense mechanisms". I thought it might be a good idea to review that topic--both for my own clarity and to make sure everyone understands what I mean. My own thinking about defense mechanisms has been heavily influenced by two books I read at the beginning of my psychiatric career many years ago: George Vaillant's "
Adaptation to Life"><font color=Adaptation to Life" /> Adaptation to Life">Adaptation to Life
"; and Anna Freud's "
The Ego and Mechanisms of Defense"><font color=The Ego and Mechanisms of Defense" /> The Ego and Mechanisms of Defense">The Ego and Mechanisms of Defense
". You will have to forgive me: I am a professor, and I like to lecture-- as if you haven't been able to tell that from reading my posts!

What are psychological defense mechanisms?
They are psychological strategies used individuals (and by extension--groups of indidivuals and even entire nations at times) to cope with reality and to maintain his/her self -image intact.

A healthy person will use many different defenses throughout life. A defense mechanism becomes pathological when it is used persistantly and leads to maladaptive behavior that will eventually threaten the physical and/or mental health of the individual. Having said that, there are psychological defenses that are:
1) almost always pathological - when they prevent the individual from being able to cope with a real threat and obscure his/her ability to perceive reality;
2) immature - used in childhood and adolescence, but mostly abandoned by adulthood, since they lead to socially unacceptable behavior and/or prevent the adult from optimal coping with reality;
3) neurotic - common in everyone, but clearly not optimal for coping with reality since they lead to problems in relationships; work; and problems in enjoying life; and finally,
4) mature defense mechanisms - used by "healthy" adults, they optimize one's ability to have normal relationships; enjoy work, and to take pleasure in life.

Let's look at these different types of defense mechanisms, which as you see above I have listed in a heirarchy from least effective to most effective. The defenses I have selected to discuss are the most typical, and are frequently discussed in the psychiatric and psychological literature.

Level 1 Defense Mechanisms - Almost always pathological; for the user these three defenses permit someone to rearrange external reality (and therefore not have to cope with reality); for the beholder, the users of these mechanisms frequently appear crazy or insane. These are the "psychotic" defenses, common in overt psychosis, in dreams, and throughout childhood. They include:

Denial - a refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening. There are examples of denial being adaptive (for example, it might be adaptive for a person who is dying to have some denial (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE )
Distortion - a gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Delusional Projection - frank delusions about external reality, usually of a persecutory nature (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)

Level 2 Defense Mechanisms are seen frequently in adults and are common in adolescents. For the user these mechanism alter distress and anxiety caused by reality or other people; while for the beholder, people who use such defenses are seen as socially undesirable, immature, difficult and out of touch. They are considered "immature" defenses and almost always lead to serious problems in a person's ability to cope with the world. These defenses are seen in severe depression, personality disorders, and adolescence. They include:

Fantasy - tendency to retreat into fantasy in order to resolve inner and outer conflicts (
EXAMPLE"><font color=EXAMPLE" /> EXAMPLE">EXAMPLE
)
Projection - attributing one's own unacknowledged feelings to others; includes severe prejudice, severe jealousy, hypervigilance to external danger, and "injustice collecting". (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE , EXAMPLE (remember that projection is a primitive form of paranoia, so it is common in today's world)
Hypochondriasis - the transformation of negative feelings towards others into negative feelings toward self, pain, illness and anxiety (EXAMPLE)
Passive Agressive Behavior - aggression towards others expressed indirectly or passively (EXAMPLE)
Acting Out Behavior - direct expression of an unconscious wish or impulse to avoid being conscious of the emotion that accompanies it (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)

Level 3 Defense Mechanisms are often considered "neurotic" but are fairly common in adults. They can have short-term advantages in coping, but they often cause long-term problems in relationships, work, and enjoyment of life for people who primarily use them as their basic style of coping with the world. They include:

Intellectualization - separation of emotion from ideas; thinking about wishes in formal, affectively bland terms and not acting on them (
EXAMPLE"><font color=EXAMPLE" /> EXAMPLE">EXAMPLE
)
Repression - seemingly inexplicable naivete, memory lapse, or lack of awareness of physical status; the emotion is conscious, but the idea behind it is absent (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, and, of course, Scarlet "I won't think about that today" O'Hara from
Gone With The Wind"><font color=Gone With The Wind" /> Gone With The Wind">Gone With The Wind
)
Reaction Formation - behavior that is completely the opposite of what one really wants or feels (e.g, taking care of someone when what one really wants is to be taken care of; studying to be a pilot to cover-up being afraid to fly). Note - this can work in the short term as an effective strategy to cope, but will eventually break down. (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Displacement - separation of emotion from its real object and redirection of the intense emotion toward someone or something that is less offensive or threatening in order to avoid dealing directly with what is frightening or threatening (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Dissociation - temporary and drastic modification of one's personal identity or character to avoid emotional distress (
Stockholm_syndrome Stockholm_syndrome
)

Level 4 Defense Mechanisms are common among most "healthy" adults and are considered the most "mature". Many of them have their origins in the "immature" level, but have been honed by the individual to optimize his/her success in life and relationships. Use of these defenses gives the user pleasure and feelings of mastery. For the user, these defenses help them to integrate many conflicting emotions and thoughts and still be effective; and for the beholder their use by someone is viewed as a virtue. They include:

Sublimation - transformation of negative emotions or instincts into positive actions, behavior, or emotion (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLES, art, sports, hobbies, or even one's choice of profession)
Altruism - constructive service to others that brings pleasure and personal satisfaction (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Suppression - the conscious decision to delay paying attention to an emotion or need in order to cope with the present reality; able to later access the emotion and accept it. (EXAMPLE)
Anticipation - realistic planning for future discomfort (EXAMPLE)
Humor - overt expression of ideas and feelings (especially those that are unpleasant to focus on or too terrible to talk about) that gives pleasure to others; (humor lets you call a spade a spade, while "wit" is actually a form of displacement) (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)

Since all of these defense mechanisms can be used by adults to adapt to life, the question is:
When is a defense mechanism considered really "adaptive" and when is it considered "pathological"? What we call "mental illness" is actually a manifestation of an individual's pathological adaptive response to events in his/her life. Here is what makes a defense "pathological":
  • the defense is used in a rigid, inflexible, and exclusive manner
  • the motivation for using the defense comes more from past needs than present or future reality
  • the defense severely distorts the present situation
  • use of the defense leads to significant problems in relationships, functioning, and enjoyment of life
  • use of the defense impedes or distorts emotions and feelings, instead of rechanneling them effectively
Research has shown (see Adaptation to Life) that use of the "mature defenses" (Level 4) I listed is related to:
1) excellent adjustment as an adult, 2) happiness(by self-report), 3) job satisfaction, 4) rich friendships, 5) fewer hospitalizations over life, 6) better overall health, 7) a lower incidence of mental illness.
Use of the "immature Defenses" (Levels 1, 2, 3) is related to:
1) poor adjustment as an adult; 2) higher divorce rates and marital discord, 3) poor friendship patterns, 4) higher incidence of mental illness, 5) greater number of sick leave days taken, 6) poorer health generally.
You can see from some of the examples of these defenses I have chosen that defense mechanisms are not limited to individuals. Societies also sometimes need to protect their self-images and cope with events in the world. They need to explain why their society is failing; why they are not as important in the world as they feel they should be, etc. etc. Why the ideologies they embrace aren't successful.
Societies, like individuals, can adopt mature defenses and deal with reality; or they can deny reality and look elsewhere for the source of their problems. Many countries, like individuals, prefer to put the blame for their own failures onto an outside source, since that is safer for the self-image. A "healthy" country, like a healthy individual will evaluate the facts and utilize mature defenses to cope with and change the situation they find themselves in. They are not afraid of their aggressive impulses because those impulses are reigned in by reason and not indulged in lightly. When necessary, healthy societies look inward. When necessary, they focus outward...

Last edited by -JC; August 13th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2159
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Don't talk to me, I've never met Steele. Talk to http://www.spokesman.com/profiles/TomAdams/ his former neighbor.
Do you think nobody's going to click that link? It's a link to nothing. It shows a person registered and has made only one comment--an unfounded hit piece on a person targeted for being an outspoken White.

Do you know there was a "Tom Adams" who was Steele's neighbor?

If there is/was, do you know that the person typing that was the real Tom Adams?

If there did/does exist a relevant Tom Adams, do you know him not to be a liar? What are his politics? Does he have a grudge?

I'm going to take a (not so) wild guess and surmise you don't know jack shit about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
I take no position on this particular issue. Of course, Steele at his worst was a saint compared to Fairfax.
Yeah. . .except you clearly do, as delineated (for but one instance) in my prior post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
I am getting sick and tired of Steele's latest batch of lies.
What lies?

I quit with this thread after proving your cyber-buddy Hadding to be a liar and a general piece of shit. So I haven't been keeping up with your manic posts about Steele.

When I just scrolled down to see his last putative lie (the veterinarian's statement, coupled with an off-point sentence he wrote) there was no lie. I have no idea what the hell you're on about, other than you've got it in for Steele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
They are coming out faster than I can post them.
Actually, no they aren't, because in at least one instance (delineated above) they don't exist.

And even if this were true, what would your motivation be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
It is time to get him the medical help that he needs.
Wow, you really care. I think not. Rather, I think that's a particularly smarmy, passive-aggressive smear on a guy you're out to defame.

Either you're nuttier than you claim Steele is, or your posts here constitute a job you're fulfilling. Heal yourself.

Quote:
He is digging himself deeper in the hole all of the time. All of these lies will be admissible in his new trial.
Why are you doing this?
 
Old August 13th, 2011 #2160
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Lies in Jail Rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Do you think nobody's going to click that link? It's a link to nothing. It shows a person registered and has made only one comment--an unfounded hit piece on a person targeted for being an outspoken White.

Do you know there was a "Tom Adams" who was Steele's neighbor?

If there is/was, do you know that the person typing that was the real Tom Adams?

If there did/does exist a relevant Tom Adams, do you know him not to be a liar? What are his politics? Does he have a grudge?

I'm going to take a (not so) wild guess and surmise you don't know jack shit about it.



Yeah. . .except you clearly do, as delineated (for but one instance) in my prior post.



What lies?

I quit with this thread after proving your cyber-buddy Hadding to be a liar and a general piece of shit. So I haven't been keeping up with your manic posts about Steele.

When I just scrolled down to see his last putative lie (the veterinarian's statement, coupled with an off-point sentence he wrote) there was no lie. I have no idea what the hell you're on about, other than you've got it in for Steele.



Actually, no they aren't, because in at least one instance (delineated above) they don't exist.

And even if this were true, what would your motivation be?



Wow, you really care. I think not. Rather, I think that's a particularly smarmy, passive-aggressive smear on a guy you're out to defame.

Either you're nuttier than you claim Steele is, or your posts here constitute a job you're fulfilling. Heal yourself.



Why are you doing this?
That Tom Adams clearly was not a government lover and seemed to have an open mind on the situation. I have had several people tell me that assessment is correct. I have an open mind on the subject.

Every time that Steele tells another lie in one of his jail rants, it can be used against him in his next trial. His credibility is already shot and he is making it worse. The poor guy needs medical help badly, not to be in jail.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.
Page generated in 0.29263 seconds.