VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 28th, 2012 #2641
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Divorce Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
What is the time scale between the divorce being filed for/dropped and the whole bomb caper?
The divorce was filed in 2000 and dismissed about six months later. The damage was done however. When Steele went crazy, it appears that he saw the need to kill his wife to prevent her from getting all of his assets in a divorce. He also mentioned several times in his delirium that he wanted a divorce. This comes from undisputed testimony in court.

I should make another point. Initially I believed that Steele had been framed. It was clear that the overall plot was ridiculous. A six-year-old could have come up with one with a far better likelihood of success. Then when evidence piled up that Steele had gone crazy, it was clear that he had done what he was accused of.

I blame the prosecutor who has to know that he is crazy. She was also served a copy of my motion. This was not Traci Whelan's first rodeo as we say out West. She has prosecuted a dozen Federal murder cases and other violent crimes. She should have locked Steele up in a looney bin. On the other hand, it is not the government's job to prove Steele sane. They may presume that he is sane. It is the job of Steele's lawyers to prove that he is insane.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 28th, 2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo

Old June 28th, 2012 #2642
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The divorce was filed in 2000 and dismissed about six months later.
So about 9.5/10 years in between the divorce and the bomb? Wouldn't he have plotted to kill her WHILST she was in the process of taking him to the cleaners, not the best part of a decade later?

I don't think you can use the divorce as part of your crusade to prove he is crazy. When someone is delirious, they don't tend to lie. If he was muttering about wanting a divorce, then he wanted a divorce, not to kill her.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2643
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Energy Expenditure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Magnuson View Post

Maybe it's worth asking at this juncture, "why do you expend SO MUCH relentless energy in this?" Why, exactly is it so infinitely important for you to try and convice others to embrace _your opinion_? Can you help us understand this?

Thx!
Silly you! My countryman is locked up in prison for life thru an unfortunate accident due to no fault of his own. Fools like you are keeping him there.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2644
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Kiss and Make Up

Quote:
So about 9.5/10 years in between the divorce and the bomb? Wouldn't he have plotted to kill her WHILST she was in the process of taking him to the cleaners, not the best part of a decade later?

I don't think you can use the divorce as part of your crusade to prove he is crazy. When someone is delirious, they don't tend to lie. If he was muttering about wanting a divorce, then he wanted a divorce, not to kill her.
You are correct. They kissed and made up about six months later. The divorce story only proves that Steele's webmaster is crazy. It also proves that Cyndi is a cold blooded gold digger. If she tried to take him for every penny (pence to you) that he was worth once, she would do it again. With the motive of his social security check and the contributions of his supporters, it shows why that she would play the game of supportive wife. She also knew that if he was locked up in a looney bin, that he would be more trouble than if he were in prison.

Since Steele thinks that his family and supporters have bought his lies, he will persist in his attempts to defend this indefensible case. His only hope is to admit that he has been lying all along and pursue an insanity defense. Of course he is not to blame for the lies that he has told. It may be impossible for him to see that he is insane. Only when all those around him tell him that he is insane, is there any hope that he will realize it. I sent him my motion although I do not know that he got it. He may not even know that the word is out that he is crazy.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 28th, 2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo

Old June 28th, 2012 #2645
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
You are correct. They kissed and made up about six months later.
That rules that out then.
Quote:
The divorce story only proves that Steele's webmaster is crazy.

Quote:
It also proves that Cyndi is a cold blooded gold digger. If she tried to take him for every penny (pence to you) that he was worth once, she would do it again.
(penny - singular. pence - plural. I understood penny. )

I don't know. I don't condone her actions and we don't know what their marriage was like beforehand, but if he was indeed trawling on singles sites whilst married, then I can sort of understand her motive for wanting to punish him financially (if she thought they were hitherto happily married). They may have resolved things. I don't see a basis for her doing it again, unless he does it again.

Quote:
With the motive of his social security check and the contributions of his supporters, it shows why that she would play the game of supportive wife.
Contributions which all came after the fact, correct?
Quote:
She also knew that if he was locked up in a looney bin, that he would be more trouble than if he were in prison.
Nah - if someone is in a loony bin, then they're a nutter and people can say or do what they like with little redress. She would have been able to control his assets much more easily - the insane can't be trusted to manage money or property - and her life would be so much easier if he was a nutter.

Quote:
Since Steele thinks that his family and supporters have bought his lies, he will persist in his attempts to defend this indefensible case. His only hope is to admit that he has been lying all along and pursue an insanity defense.
But he's not insane. He doesn't appear insane by any reasonable definition of the word.

Quote:
Of course he is not to blame for the lies that he has told. It may be impossible for him to see that he is insane. Only when all those around him tell him that he is insane, is there any hope that he will realize it. I sent him my motion although I do not know that he got it. He may not even know that the word is out that he is crazy.
We have three options. He is bang to rights, he was set up, or he suffered from temporary insanity (his actions before and since show it wasn't a long-term mental aberration). Did he have chemo? If so, when did it stop?

It just seems perfectly logical to me that the gardener fellow would have tried to kill the Steele family in order to cover up his theft of the gold.

Last edited by Bev; June 28th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2646
Bob Magnuson

Quote:
When Steele went crazy, it appears that he saw the
Quote:
...piled up that Steele had gone crazy, it was clear that he had done what he was accused of.
Quote:
I blame the prosecutor who has to know that he is crazy. It is the job of Steele's lawyers to prove that he is insane.
Three "Steele went crazy" opinion statements.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2647
Bob Magnuson

Quote:
Silly you! My countryman is locked up in prison for life thru an unfortunate accident due to no fault of his own. Fools like you are keeping him there.
YOUR countryman? What do you think YOUR countryman will say when he's out of prison and is shown this thread? D'ya think HE'S going to concur with your "Steele went crazy" opinion?

Old June 28th, 2012 #2648
Bob Magnuson

Quote:
The divorce story only proves that Steele's webmaster is crazy.
Whoa, I'm crazy now? Wait, "Webmaster is crazy" is your opinion. Boy, I was worried there for a sec.

Quote:
It also proves that Cyndi is a cold blooded gold digger. If she tried to take him for every penny (pence to you) that he was worth once, she would do it again.
Let's go back to you saying Mr. Steele is YOUR countryman. Care to venture what YOUR countryman will say when he reads this assessment of his wife?

Quote:
His only hope is to admit that he has been lying all along and pursue an insanity defense. Of course he is not to blame for the lies that he has told. It may be impossible for him to see that he is insane. Only when all those around him tell him that he is insane, is there any hope that he will realize it. I sent him my motion although I do not know that he got it. He may not even know that the word is out that he is crazy.
Multiple "Steele went crazy" opinions, PLUS you're calling YOUR countryman a liar. I don't get it, dude... From here on out should I use "Liar Steele went crazy" opinions, when they appear in your postings?

Old June 28th, 2012 #2649
Bob Magnuson

Quote:
But he's not insane. He doesn't appear insane by any reasonable definition of the word.
Spot on, Bev. Think for yourself, come up with your own conclusions.

Quote:
We have three options. He is bang to rights, he was set up, or he suffered from temporary insanity (his actions before and since show it wasn't a long-term mental aberration). Did he have chemo? If so, when did it stop? It just seems perfectly logical to me that the gardener fellow would have tried to kill the Steele family in order to cover up his theft of the gold.
Our Mr. Pauly demands all people who scan this thread (and/or post messages) acquiesce to his "Steele went crazy" OPINION, which he presents repeatedly as fact. We have yet to figure out _why_ Mr. Pauly persists in doing this. People who doubt Pauly's party line, or know for themselves that Mr. Steele was not/is not crazy are called names, shouted down for saying so.

Outside this message forum, one suggestion is to do a Google search for "Edgar Steele", and browse the web sites that come up. Assess all the info, and make up your own mind.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2650
Bob Magnuson

Quote:
His only hope is to admit that he has been lying all along and pursue an insanity defense. Of course he is not to blame for the lies that he has told. It may be impossible for him to see that he is insane.
Says who? You? This seems an 8.7 on the Richter scale of arrogance, hmmm?

What interests me, Mr. Pauly, is whether you _are_ this way, or you _put on_ that you are this way -- arrogant, opinionated, pushy and loudmouthed. Get me straight Mr. D, I'm not calling you these names, far from it. I am observing how you state your opinions and thoughts, and how you interact with others here.

I can't even begin to imagine how you react to people taking a similar line with YOU; "Don, your only hope is to .....". Are you diplomatic with others, but just so consumed with Mr. Steele's case, that you don't see "shoe on the other foot"?

Old June 28th, 2012 #2651
Bob Magnuson

Mr. Pauly: Why do you expend SO MUCH relentless energy in this? Why, exactly is it so infinitely important for you to try and convince others to embrace your opinion?

Old June 28th, 2012 #2652
bubba

Quote:
Mr. Pauly: Why do you expend SO MUCH relentless energy in this? Why, exactly is it so infinitely important for you to try and convince others to embrace your opinion?
MY feelings exact. Why is this Pauly so obsessed with Edgar Steele? I scan this thread every few weeks and he has posted an overwhelming amount of "Steele is crazy" etc over and over and over. Sounds like he has an agenda. I do not trust him whoever he is.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2653
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile My Countryman's Opinion

Quote:
Whoa, I'm crazy now? Wait, "Webmaster is crazy" is your opinion. Boy, I was worried there for a sec.

Let's go back to you saying Mr. Steele is YOUR countryman. Care to venture what YOUR countryman will say when he reads this assessment of his wife?

Multiple "Steele went crazy" opinions, PLUS you're calling YOUR countryman a liar. I don't get it, dude... From here on out should I use "Liar Steele went crazy" opinions, when they appear in your postings?
My countryman's opinion is not of much concern to me, he is crazy as a shit house rat. His wife is a gold digger by her own admission. I want to get him out of prison to get the medical help that he needs. It is also my goal to keep misguided people from giving you money to piss away on worthless lawyers as well as stopping your swindle.

You were crazy when you denied that Cyndi tried to take her husband for every penny that he was worth. Surely you know by now that I do my homework. You Steele cheerleaders are massive liars for saying that he was framed by the government. You know good and well that he is crazy. You have stolen over $120,000 from the White Nationalist community. Of course the government can and does frame people daily. It didn't happen here. Now when someone actually is framed, the public will not believe it.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 28th, 2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo

Old June 28th, 2012 #2654
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
My countryman's opinion is not of much concern to me, he is crazy as a shit house rat. His wife is a gold digger by her own admission.
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly
I want to get him out of prison to get the medical help that he needs. It is also my goal to keep misguided people from giving you money to piss away on worthless lawyers as well as stopping your swindle.
Don't spread yourself too thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly
You were crazy when you denied that Cyndi tried to take her husband for every penny that he was worth. Surely you know by now that I do my homework. You Steele cheerleaders are massive liars for saying that he was framed by the government. You know good and well that he is crazy. You have stolen over $120,000 from the White Nationalist community. Of course the government can and does frame people daily. It didn't happen here. Now when someone actually is framed, the public will not believe it.
With a 'friend' like you, he's better off with the feds.

I'm still amazed that your smears have been allowed to continue, but I guess I shouldn't be.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2655
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default On the Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Huh?

Don't spread yourself too thin.

With a 'friend' like you, he's better off with the feds.

I'm still amazed that your smears have been allowed to continue, but I guess I shouldn't be.
Lenny the Jew lover is on the right track. With a wife and family like Steele has, he is far better off with the Feds. At least the Feds haven't stolen over $120,000 from White Nationalists.

Old June 28th, 2012 #2656
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Worst Case of Insanity in History.

Quote:
That rules that out then.

(penny - singular. pence - plural. I understood penny. )

I don't know. I don't condone her actions and we don't know what their marriage was like beforehand, but if he was indeed trawling on singles sites whilst married, then I can sort of understand her motive for wanting to punish him financially (if she thought they were hitherto happily married). They may have resolved things. I don't see a basis for her doing it again, unless he does it again.

Contributions which all came after the fact, correct?

Nah - if someone is in a loony bin, then they're a nutter and people can say or do what they like with little redress. She would have been able to control his assets much more easily - the insane can't be trusted to manage money or property - and her life would be so much easier if he was a nutter.

We have three options. He is bang to rights, he was set up, or he suffered from temporary insanity (his actions before and since show it wasn't a long-term mental aberration). Did he have chemo? If so, when did it stop?

It just seems perfectly logical to me that the gardener fellow would have tried to kill the Steele family in order to cover up his theft of the gold.
Fairfax is a self professed fraudster but it is beyond belief that he tried to kill any of Steele's family. He just wanted to get all of the money (silver) that he could and then turn Steele in to the FBI.

Since this is a huge thread and you haven't had time to study it, I repost one of the many smoking guns. Steele was in jail awaiting trial for trying to blow his wife up with a pipe bomb. Then he wrote the following steamy love letters to his Ukrainian girlfriend from his jail cell. She testified against him in court and that testimony was undisputed.

Steele also admitted that he wrote the letters during sentencing and added:"I had my reasons.". Inquiring minds want to know what those reasons are. That will be a world class "The dog ate my homework." excuse. There is nothing temporary about his insanity. Stroke damage induced by open heart surgery is permanent.

Quote:
http://www.stopnetspend.com/steele/day5.pdf
5-1098-24

Love Letter to Tatyana Loginova

26 and 27 June, 2010 Spokane County Jail, Spokane Washington.

Needless to say, I miss you something terrible. It has been nearly three weeks since we last saw each other via Skype. Had I known this would happen, I would never have let you go that morning."

I know that I am supposed to act as though I am genuinely interested in other girls, I know that I should play hard to get. I know that I should act as though I am the prize here, not you. I don't want to play games with you. Always, I have told you the simple truth about how I feel about you, and I promise always to do just that. "You will come to Kiev for a couple of days after I first arrive. And then, all too soon, I will have to take you to the airport for your flight back to Lugansk. I know that I will then be even more lost without you than I am now.

I will come to Lugansk sooner than I planned and find reasons to hang around. Think seriously on coming with me on a tour of Crimea, Sweetheart. "I drive myself crazy thinking of these times and of you, Tanya. I so long to finally be at your side and hear that sparkling laugh and see your beautiful smile in person, my love."

I have been doodling with months and countries. I'm determined to live outside America when this is all over. Listen, Sweetheart, to what I have come up with and tell me what you think:

May-September, five months, Ukraine.
October-December, three months, USA.
12/28-1/15, half month, Ukraine.
January 15th-April, three-and-a-half months, Panama,

So we spend winter someplace warm, and we both get to spend Christmas with our families. Ukraine would be our home base. With our permanent family home there, we would rent or stay in hotels whenever outside Ukraine. I can write anywhere, of course, and would plan on producing two books each year, easy to do, and will provide us a very comfortable income, too.

You could, perhaps, go to school in Panama, if you like, or summer school in Ukraine, or we could find you something to do -- work at something, language instructions? Take care of our babies, make love to me, whatever will make you happy. You get to be near friends, family for half of every year. I get the same for three months each year. We both get to be warm for the winter, which can be like a huge, extended vacation each year. Our kids learn both Russian and English as they grow up. It sounds great to me. What do you think, my love?"

July 3, I wish my son would come back up. Your surprise was sitting on the table in my house when all this happened. My ex promised me that she would mail it to you over a month ago, but I just learned that she never mailed it to you. I'm so sorry, Sweetheart. I'm trying to get one of the kids to get it from her and get it mailed to you. Your surprise, is a teddy bear that I have named 'Eddie Bear,' a copy of my book, and a copy of a magazine about the area.

I hope you haven't given up on me, Tanya. This truly has been out of my control. Remember how much I care for you always. I hope you haven't given up on me, Tanya. This truly has been out of my control. Remember how much I care for you always. I begin to suspect that my ex may be behind all this. I will tell you all about her another time. She knows that you are very special to me, and I am sure that's why she hasn't sent your box, as she promised me that she would do.

Two weeks ago, I was arrested on a phoney charge and now sit in jail, awaiting my trial now set for the end of August. This will be the trial of my life. I hope to win it, of course. Never before have I ever been in jail or even arrested. This has been a huge shock to me but not really a surprise. They have been after me for a long time because of my outspoken criticism of U.S. government and power brokers, both in my writing and in my public speeches.

This is a side of me that I am sure you have yet to discover, my love. I was to tell you--I was to tell you all about it when we meet in Kiev this year, and I still will.

The charge against me is false (underlined), Tanya. Here is what happened: A man who worked for me stole silver bullion that I had hidden on my property, about U.S. $45,000, in parenthesis. He tried to kill me before I discovered the theft but failed. Then he went to the ADL, an American Jewish organization, that has hated me for many years because of cases I have tried as a lawyer and because of my writings and speeches. The ADL manufactured audiotapes using recordings this man secretly had made of me talking and also using some of many thousands of hours of audio of mine available over the Internet. The phoney tapes make it sound like I tried to hire the man to kill my ex-wife.

Old June 29th, 2012 #2657
Bev
drinking tea

Default Re: Worst Case of Insanity in History.

Quote:
Fairfax is a self professed fraudster but it is beyond belief that he tried to kill any of Steele's family. He just wanted to get all of the money (silver) that he could and then turn Steele in to the FBI.
In your opinion. Why is it beyond belief? Some people are scum and will do anything to further their own goals. I don't know the Fairfax bloke, obviously, but throughout history there have been countless cases of people killing other people to hide their misdeeds. I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

Quote:
Since this is a huge thread and you haven't had time to study it, I repost one of the many smoking guns. Steele was in jail awaiting trial for trying to blow his wife up with a pipe bomb. Then he wrote the following steamy love letters to his Ukrainian girlfriend from his jail cell. She testified against him in court and that testimony was undisputed.
I've had plenty of time to study it. I've read it and I've read things elsewhere on the internet as well. The best that can be proven from the love letters is that he was a cheating scumbag. Plenty of people cheat on their spouses every day. It doesn't mean they plan on murdering them.

Quote:
Steele also admitted that he wrote the letters during sentencing and added:"I had my reasons.". Inquiring minds want to know what those reasons are. That will be a world class "The dog ate my homework." excuse. There is nothing temporary about his insanity. Stroke damage induced by open heart surgery is permanent.
There is no evidence that he had brain damage caused by the surgery. None. There is no testimony from people that knew him well stating "well, he's never been right since he had his heart op". There is no suggestion from any doctors that he suffered brain damage. There are no actions of his that would suggest he was left mentally impaired.

Declaring him to be a roll and butter would have been very much in the State's interest as they could have disbarred him and locked him up indefinitely.

The only possible route you can go down with your quest to prove him mad is to look into chemo brain. That is a recognised condition and it's temporary.

Old June 29th, 2012 #2658
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Re: Edgar Steele "charged in murder-for-hire plot"

When I was in my 50's, I had a fitness training business for a season. The vast majority of my clients were women who were seeking to perfect themselves rather than lose 30 pounds of blubber. One lovely girl I recall was in her 20's was from Estonia who had worked in the U.S. on several occasions as an Au Pair (I think I'm spelling that French term for the business correctly), taking care of relatively wealthy American's children and exposing them to others of-- in this case-- a worldly women of their own race but a different culture in consideration for a little pay and living with the family for at least a semester.

It would have been easy for me to have become involved with that girl not because she was interested but, if she had been interested, because she enjoyed conversation, was quite bright, and was comfortable with her body, sexuality, and was very open and honest. Entirely too many man and women, these days, don't take their marriage vows any more seriously than law enforcement officers from the President down to street cops, and Justice Department officials in particular, take their oath of office.

My opinion of this climate isn't the point any more than it ought to be the focus of Ed Steele's jurors: Bev is correct in that what I consider inappropriate extramarital relationships have been with us forever from Popes down to parishioners. Occasional conspiracy to murder one's spouse however seems to violate a hardwired intra-specific prohibition recognized by animal behaviorists and is quite rare, television and suspense novel dramatization notwithstanding.

When I was following Mr. Steele's online posts, I recall thinking about his mentioning that he was going to be working to try to stop the exploitation of women (in the Ukraine if memory serves). I recall thinking that would be a noble endeavor because I like women and regard them not just as the weaker sex but easier to exploit, abuse, what have you, and think men should protect them and provide for them.

I also recognize that working with women, whether as a fitness trainer, college professor, clinical psychologist, or other profession where one is often alone with women is fraught with peril because men will be men, so to speak. Many young women become involved with those they regard highly, particularly those with perceived power, authority, etc., and that has always been the case: I believe the behavior has survival value both from the perspective of men and women (I don't want to theorize here but while environment --fathering-- is important it is probably less important than genetics). Such promiscuity seems to bother most those women who currently don't bring youth, fitness, and other engaging attributes to the table. I'm not judging the behavior just noticing it.

And aging men are often more than flattered by young women "sophisticated enough" to appreciate such older men particularly those who admire them for the nobility of their life's work. I can see how easy it would be to fall into being a knight in shining armor to some while doing what Mr. Steele was probably doing to investigate the various types of exploitation of women online.

My Estonian friend told me that she and her friends regarded Russian girls as relatively more loose sexually and that, in her opinion, it was entirely possible that parenting during the poverty and lack of hope during the cold war modeled some behaviors that contribute to being more aggressive than American women, for example, looking for security through say hunting for a man not only landed or otherwise secure but perhaps vested in a retirement program, offering the potential for a Social Security survivor's benefit, etc. There is more to looking for a mate than simply physical appearance, personality, and character, and that has always been the case.

But, once again, I think we should not allow ourselves to lose sight of facts and be seduced by the assertions of prosecutors whether with the Justice Department or forum members as being either a necessary or sufficient ingredient for murder for hire. From a brief experience as a private investigator and hunter, my guess would be that attorneys generally and prosecutors in particular are not only left of center politically but more liberal morally than I would be in the situations in which I observed them.

Having extramarital "affairs" is very common human behavior. So is breathing. Murdering one's spouse is not. I think it is safe to try to stick to the elements of the crime and rely upon strict rules of evidence rather than moralizing. Oftentimes those making the biggest show of outrage, indignation, what have you, have a blind spot not unlike the psychological phenomena of "projection." If it demonstrates contempt for one's spouse to cheat on her (or him), not to mention hiring a hit man to murder, I'm not sure that one is gifted with a sixth sense to judge who is guilty of what cannot possibly be known without a shadow of a doubt who demonstrates such palpable contempt for the accused, again, not to mention one's fellow forum members. Had I the responsibility of dismissing potential jurors I'm certain whom I'd excuse whether I could articulate cause or not. I'd dismiss if for no other reason, I'd want to keep them from poisoning other jurors by constantly repeating their same arguably irrelevant, immaterial opinions, if not trying to intimidate other jurors with name-calling and other insults.

Last edited by -JC; June 29th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Old June 29th, 2012 #2659
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Re: Worst Case of Insanity in History.

Quote:
In your opinion. Why is it beyond belief? Some people are scum and will do anything to further their own goals. I don't know the Fairfax bloke, obviously, but throughout history there have been countless cases of people killing other people to hide their misdeeds. I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

I've had plenty of time to study it. I've read it and I've read things elsewhere on the internet as well. The best that can be proven from the love letters is that he was a cheating scumbag. Plenty of people cheat on their spouses every day. It doesn't mean they plan on murdering them.

There is no evidence that he had brain damage caused by the surgery. None. There is no testimony from people that knew him well stating "well, he's never been right since he had his heart op". There is no suggestion from any doctors that he suffered brain damage. There are no actions of his that would suggest he was left mentally impaired.

Declaring him to be a roll and butter would have been very much in the State's interest as they could have disbarred him and locked him up indefinitely.

The only possible route you can go down with your quest to prove him mad is to look into chemo brain. That is a recognised condition and it's temporary.
When Steele wrote those steamy love letters from his jail cell to Tatyana, he was crazy. He should have known that they could be shown to the jury. He was an experienced trial lawyer who had visited clients in jail and knew that their letters were subject to copying. Anyone who thinks that he was sane to write those letters is crazier than he was. It is clear from reading the letters that they were written by someone who was crazy.

The issue is not whether he was unfaithful to his wife. I don't care about that. The issue is him doing things that were crazy. Trying to blow his wife up with a pipe bomb could have been a rational act. Writing steamy love letters to his Ukrainian girl friend from his jail cell cannot be. That is the definition of insanity. I'm sure that the jury didn't need to see anything else. That was the smoking gun on his motive. I fault the jury for failing to return a non-guilty by insanity verdict. However, they were not given that option.

Alan Banks, the veterinarian and Steele's wife admitted the he was delusional after he got home from the hospital. This type of insanity is localized and may not be apparent to those who don't know what to look for. The government doesn't want him to be declared insane because they want to portray him as a cold blooded killer. His wife doesn't want that either because she wants to keep the money rolling in from his supporters.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 29th, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo

Old June 29th, 2012 #2660
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Re: Worst Case of Insanity in History.

Quote:
I didn't really answer your question. If Fairfax had unsuccessfully tried to kill Steele or his wife, he would have been crazier than Steele to go to the FBI. Trying to pin the case on Steele would subject him to even closer scrutiny. His financial records were investigated and the FBI produced all of the checks for the silver that he sold. He testified that Steele gave him two installments of about 300 ounces each. They were worth a little over $10,000 at a time.

There is absolutely no evidence that Fairfax stole ANY silver. There is plenty of evidence that Steele lied about him doing so. Latter his wife repeated these same lies.

The FBI was not very happy when Fairfax failed to tell them that he had installed a pipe bomb on Cyndi's truck. They were quite embarrassed when an oil change mechanic found it and the local Idaho bomb squad got involved. That dishonesty cost Fairfax two years in jail when he could have gotten off with no charges. I'm sure that he was cured of lying when the FBI arrested him. He still got off with a slap on the wrist compared to Steele.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread