Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 10th, 2005 #1
prozak

Default Julius Evola book reviews

Julius Evola wrote about esoteric mythology, mountain climbing, and fascism. His concept of the world was as a series of tests for survival, allowing the better to rise above the rest, except as interrupted by a modern world of utterly trivial "meanings." His view of the esoteric contradicts the one-size-fits-all vision of modernity which most of us are taught from a young age, and his theoretical abstraction of fascism will be interesting to those new to the topic.

http://www.juliusevola.com/

Old June 11th, 2005 #2
Aryan Lord

My personal recommendation is that people start with "Revolt Against The Modern World" which is the book which explains Evola`s doctrine of Tradition.
Another key work IMO is "The Doctrine of Awakening" which explains very comprehensively this central body of thought and means of achieving awakening through Buddhism.
Those works that I have read and am familiar with include-

Revolt Against The Modern Word
The Doctrine of the Awakening
The Mystery of the Grail
Men Among the Ruins
Meditation on the Peaks
Rene Guenon. A Teacher For Modern Times
Eros and the Mysteries of Love
Ride the Tiger
Introduction to Magic
The Yoga of Power
The Hermetic Tradition

Introduction to Magic is a compiliation of articles and essays from Guenon and other members of the UR group which concentrate on different means of achieving awakening and I recommend this highly.
Basically most of his works focus on awakening and certainly on Tradition.
Apart from Meditations on the Peaks they are all available via Amazon or their market place sellers.

Thread