Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 6th, 2013 #3201
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
You misinderstood me. It is beyond argument that Steele was sane BEFORE his surgery. There is NO explanation for how he could have lost so many of his cases.
Unwinnable cases or just distraction/incompetence, Who knows?
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 6th, 2013 #3202
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy View Post
You are a realist. The quality of a defense strategy has nothing to do with whether it is true. It is solely dependent on whether it will be believed.
I doubt that there really is that dichotomy of truth vs. believability in this case. The only people that accept Steele's story are those that want so much to believe it that they are willing to overlook the fact that it is very far-fetched and with no evidence to support it. The only reasonable view is that Steele did what he's accused of doing and has been desperately lying about it.

The only defense for him, given all that, is that there was something wrong with his mind when he did the crime, and that's what I believe, and I think it could probably have been demonstrated in court if Steele had gone that route and hired the necessary experts for it, instead of being boxed in with his lie.

Last edited by Hadding; February 6th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
 
Old February 6th, 2013 #3203
M. Gerard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,093
M. Gerard
Default

Can anyone explain how Steele and wife lived like millionaires if he was unsuccessful and she had a business that lost money all the time?
 
Old February 6th, 2013 #3204
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
Can anyone explain how Steele and wife lived like millionaires if he was unsuccessful and she had a business that lost money all the time?
He was a very successful mining stock and precious metal trader and made almost all of his money that way.
 
Old February 6th, 2013 #3205
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile Slam Dunk Insanity Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
I doubt that there really is that dichotomy of truth vs. believability in this case. The only people that accept Steele's story are those that want so much to believe it that they are willing to overlook the fact that it is very far-fetched and with no evidence to support it. The only reasonable view is that Steele did what he's accused of doing and has been desperately lying about it.

The only defense for him, given all that, is that there was something wrong with his mind when he did the crime, and that's what I believe, and I think it could probably have been demonstrated in court if Steele had gone that route and hired the necessary experts for it, instead of being boxed in with his lie.
Hadding seems to not be confident that an insanity defense will work in this case. I disagree. This is the worse cast of insanity that I have ever seen. It is worse than John Hinkley shooting Ronnie Raygun to make Jodie Foster love him.

There are two versions of the case. Steele claims that Fairfax stole $45,000 worth of silver and then installed pipe bombs on both Steele's and Cyndi's vehicles to kill them and cover up the theft. Then he went to the FBI and blamed the pipe bombs on Steele when they didn't go off.

The government claims that Steele tried to kill his wife with a pipe bomb so that he could be with his new girlfriend Tatyana in the Ukraine. Never mind that the husband is the first suspect in cases like this. Steele claims that he was actually conducting a bride scam investigation that required 14,000 emails and steamy love letters to be written from his jail cell.

It is hard to know which of these scenarios is crazier. My last count is 47 different proofs that Steele was crazy. Any jury that was shown the real evidence and the contrast of Steele's behavior when he was sane would return not-guilty by insanity at once. This is especially true when the well established phenomenon of pump head is explained to them.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 6th, 2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old February 6th, 2013 #3206
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile Tumor Removal Cures Criminal Behavior

This is along the line of the Whitman tower sniper case. Steele has stroke damage not a tumor.

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...212141274.html

‘Dark patch’ visible in brain scans of killers and rapists, neurologist claims
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 1 hr 48 mins ago



Can you spot evil in an X-ray?

You can, at least according to a German scientist who claims an "evil patch" is visible in brain scans of criminals. Dr. Gerhard Roth, a neurologist and professor at the University of Bremen, told London's Daily Mail that he discovered a dark mass near the front of the brain in scans of people with criminal records. "When you look at the brain scans of hardened criminals, there are almost always severe shortcomings in the lower forehead part of the brain," Roth said. "There are cases where someone becomes criminal as a result of a tumor or an injury in that area, and after an operation to remove the tumor, that person was completely normal again."

He added, "This is definitely the region of the brain where evil is formed and where it lurks." Roth is not alone in his belief that brain scans can reveal psychopathic tendencies. Kent Kiehl, associate professor of psychology at the University of New Mexico, for one, used a mobile MRI unit to conduct brain scans on 2,000 prison inmates in Wisconsin and New Mexico. Kiehl found similar patterns in their brain scans. “If you have different behavior, you’re going to have a different brain," he said at a 2012 lecture at Duke University:

Kiehl noted the role of the MAOA gene in violent behavior. He said if one has the gene and comes from a stressful environment, he or she has a significantly elevated risk for committing a violent offense. The gene may contribute to variability in grey matter density in some parts of the brain, which is a risk factor for psychopathy. “Psychopathy is currently considered the single best predictor of future behavior,” Kiehl said. Roth agrees: "When I will look at young people, and I see there are developmental disorders in the lower forehead brain, I can say that there is a felon in the making with 66 percent probability."

A growing number of psychologists "believe that psychopathy, like autism, is a distinct neurological condition—one that can be identified in children as young as 5," the New York Times reported in May. "Crucial to this diagnosis are callous-unemotional traits, which most researchers now believe distinguish 'fledgling psychopaths.'"

Not all psychologists believe such a diagnosis is possible, and even those that do admit they are uncomfortable with it. "No one is comfortable labeling a 5-year-old a psychopath.” Mark Dadds, a psychologist at the University of New South Wales, told the Times. "[But] the research showing that this temperament exists and can be identified in young children is quite strong.”

Roth himself admits the research is not foolproof. "Of course it is not automatic," he told the Daily Mail. "The brain can compensate somewhat for violent tendencies, and it is unclear how that works."
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3207
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

If only tests had been done to prove he did have stroke damage. Are there any tests to prove it, I wonder?

Quote:
Postperfusion syndrome, also known as "pumphead" is a constellation of neurocognitive impairments attributed to cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) during cardiac surgery. Symptoms of postperfusion syndrome are subtle and include defects associated with attention, concentration, short term memory, fine motor function, and speed of mental and motor responses.[1] Studies have shown a high incidence of neurocognitive deficit soon after surgery, but the deficits are often transient with no permanent neurological impairment.
Postperfusion_syndrome Postperfusion_syndrome

Nothing there about hatching murder plots or even criminal/grossly abnormal behaviour. Just short term attention and memory problems.

Quote:
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Postperfusion syndrome includes the 6 symptoms listed below:

Fever
Enlarged spleen
Enlarged lymph nodes
Bumpy rash
Abnormal lymphocytes
Negative heterophil agglutination reaction
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/p/post...e/symptoms.htm

Which of these did Steele show? I saw him in a video post-arrest and saw no bumps or rashes, no fever glow and no impaired cognition.


Quote:
Four cases are reported of a syndrome consisting of fever, splenomegaly, and atypicallymphocytes developing three to six weeks after use of extracorporeal circulation for open heart surgery. The course is self-limited with a duration of approximately three weeks. Spontaneous remission has occurred in all reported instances.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...22347666800392

Ah. So it is limited to a very, very specific time frame. 3 to 6 weeks after the surgery and last for three weeks. So again we can see that this does not fit Steele.

Quote:
postperfusion syndrome
A condition seen in 2% of Pts who undergo cardiac surgery, 3-7 wks after cardiopulmonary bypass, resembles infectious mononucleosis or hepatitis, and is attributed to viruses transfused with
the blood during surgery Clinical Fever, splenomegaly, lymphadenopathy, maculopapular rash, anemia, atypical lymphocytes Prognosis Benign; resolves spontaneously without therapy.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...usion+syndrome

In short - you haven't got a cat in hell's chance of proving this is what affected Steele. The time frame alone rules it out and so do the symptoms.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.

Last edited by Bev; February 7th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3208
M. Gerard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,093
M. Gerard
Default

This brain theory is suspiciously Hollywood. There have always been comedy routines of a guy who gets hit on the head, goes crazy, and only another hit on the head makes him sane again.

However, people like Damian Echols and Bill White have written that almost everybody in jail and in prison is crazy or retarded. Damian actually said that about everybody on Death Row. So, crazy people are nothing special to the justice system. They don't care.

Being a "racist" pretty much means Steele would be found guilty by any jury.

Pauly, thanks for your answer on Steele's finances.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3209
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
Being a "racist" pretty much means Steele would be found guilty by any jury.
Total, stupid, self-defeating bullshit.

Counterexample 1.

Counterexample 2.

Last edited by Hadding; February 7th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3210
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile Chicken and Egg Precedence

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
This brain theory is suspiciously Hollywood. There have always been comedy routines of a guy who gets hit on the head, goes crazy, and only another hit on the head makes him sane again.

However, people like Damian Echols and Bill White have written that almost everybody in jail and in prison is crazy or retarded. Damian actually said that about everybody on Death Row. So, crazy people are nothing special to the justice system. They don't care.

Being a "racist" pretty much means Steele would be found guilty by any jury.

Pauly, thanks for your answer on Steele's finances.
It is hard to know which came first, craziness or death row. This guy seems to be saying craziness is first, http://newyorker.com/reporting/2008/..._fact_seabrook . I wll post more on this when I am on a real computer not this Android phone.

From my study of this case, Steele's racism had NOTHING to do with this trial. A jury full of Nazis would have returned the same verdict.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3211
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
This brain theory is suspiciously Hollywood. There have always been comedy routines of a guy who gets hit on the head, goes crazy, and only another hit on the head makes him sane again.

However, people like Damian Echols and Bill White have written that almost everybody in jail and in prison is crazy or retarded. Damian actually said that about everybody on Death Row. So, crazy people are nothing special to the justice system. They don't care.
True, but a bit besides the point here. A minority are frantically trying to paint Steele as mad before he was convicted/jailed.

I don't doubt that long-term incarceration does send some people insane.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3212
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Smile Diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
Total, stupid, self-defeating bullshit.

Counterexample 1.

Counterexample 2.
Hadding is almost always right as he is in the above post. However, he should try to acquire some of my immence diplomacy skills. This post should get me some reps.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3213
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
Total, stupid, self-defeating bullshit.

Counterexample 1.

Counterexample 2.
I invite people to click those links and see what is being referenced in order to "prove" that a background of being racist will not automatically = guilty.

Link 1)



Quote:
The judge presiding over Goff’s assault trial previously ruled that evidence linking Goff to a white supremacist group known as The Creativity Movement is not admissible at his trial.

Prosecutors had sought to show the jurors pictures of Goff with guns, a swastika, and supremacist literature. The evidence was necessary, prosecutors said, to prove that the shooting last July 27 was racially motivated and falls under the state’s hate crimes law, which allows for an enhanced sentence.

Goff’s attorney, Jack Sands, argued at a court hearing last month that the shooting was not racially motivated and the evidence was not relevant. To support his position, Sands said that Goff is part Native American.

In a follow-up telephone interview with a reporter, Sands said that Goff is also part Jewish. Sands later declined to comment further for this story.
So the jury either never got to hear or were ordered to ignore the claim that this part Native American/part jew was a white racist.

Link 2)
Quote:
A federal appeals court overturned the kidnapping conviction of a reputed Klansman in connection with the 1964 deaths of two black teenagers in Mississippi.

James Ford Seale, a former sheriff's deputy, was convicted in June 2007 of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in the disappearances of Charles Eddie Moore and Henry Hezekiah Dee, both 19.

On Tuesday, a three-judge panel from the Fifth Circuit Court Appeals sided with Seale's claim that he should have never been tried in connection with the teens' deaths because a five-year statute of limitations on kidnapping-related offenses had expired.
So this Klansman was evidently found guilty by a jury and had the conviction overturned on a technicality of time limitations.


and
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3214
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Hadding is almost always right as he is in the above post.
Uh, no. He is dead wrong.

Quote:
This post should get me some reps.
I tried to rep you for this backslapping of blatant bullshit but unfortunately I need to spread it round. I do however remember these things and will -rep this post at some time in the future when the system allows it.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3215
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

I do however concede that Steele's political leaning likely had no effect on the jury since there was no reason to bring up his politics and they probably didn't even know. The alleged motive was not racial and the alleged victim not a minority.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3216
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Hadding is almost always right as he is in the above post. However, he should try to acquire some of my immence diplomacy skills. This post should get me some reps.
I don't think that being diplomatic with these people does any good. They'll still make all kinds of nasty innuendos. That's what three years of experience on this issue has shown me.

Bev in particular is an irresponsible rabble-rousing piece of shit. That's why she has that disclaimer in her signature, because Linder got onto her for throwing around the word pedophile irresponsibly: the disclaimer, that it is only her opinion, (duh) is supposed to make it okay.

All that I was trying to show with those counterexamples is that it is possible for a racist to prevail in court if the facts and the law are clearly on his side. Those particular cases involved a White racist perpetrator and a non-White victim, so that the racial views of the accused could be considered relevant.

I am certainly not saying that miscarriages of justice never occur when a politically incorrect defendant is accused of a politically incorrect crime. But even in such cases, a defendant with the facts and the law on his side can prevail.

I can't see how Steele's racial views could even be made relevant in his case. Since he's already had his trial, somebody that wants to argue that point should really demonstrate that Steele's politics were made an issue in his actual trial instead of generalizing about how Steele as a racist "would be found guilty by any jury."

Last edited by Hadding; February 7th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3217
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post

Bev in particular is an irresponsible rabble-rousing piece of shit. That's why she has that disclaimer in her signature, because Linder got onto her for throwing around the word pedophile irresponsibly: the disclaimer, that it is only her opinion, (duh) is supposed to make it okay.
Another straight lie.

Here is what he actually said:

Quote:
That means unbacked assertions/allegations that X is a jew or informer/agent can result in poster being banned. I'm not real crazy about unbacked claims someone is a 'nonce,' and a pattern of this sort of allegation, unbacked by objective evidence, will also result in banning. If you're going to speculate on these things, make that clear by saying it's your opinion, or you think it for these reasons. The bald assertion won't be tolerated in here any longer. In general, I'd like to see more of you emulate Bev's tone, or Gibson's, if you need a model.

As for Joe's thread about Moat, I did change the title on that. In the U.S., whenever there's a famous case, particularly one involving White nationalists, the anti-whites run around collecting quotes they can use to make our cause look deranged and bloodthirsty. I vet any threads dealing with these cases very carefully, specifically to deprive them of that opportunity. And believe me, it's pretty clear, the motive of people who just show up here and start in with that kind of garbage. I'm sure it's pretty much the same in the UK.

Anyway, you've been warned.
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1160701&postcount=1

The reason I and others have the signature is because of the current celebrity paedophile scandal. On several occasions, someone has been named and it later turns out to be malicious speculation. The sig is therefore to save some whiny little bitch claiming it's breaking a rule should someone inadvertently post an incorrect name.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3218
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post

All that I was trying to show with those counterexamples is that it is possible for a racist to prevail in court if the facts and the law are clearly on his side. Those particular cases involved a White racist perpetrator and a non-White victim, so that the racial views of the accused could be considered relevant.
I understand that but neither of the cases made the point you want to make. One jury never heard or was ordered to ignore the racist aspect and the other one found the man guilty but it was overturned because your version of the CPS left it too late to have charged him.
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3219
Hadding
Senior Member
 
Hadding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,247
Hadding
Default

Bev I think you said a few days ago that you weren't going to be commenting on this thread anymore. You just can't stfu, can you?
 
Old February 7th, 2013 #3220
Bev
drinking tea
 
Bev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 38,247
Bev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
Bev I think you said a few days ago that you weren't going to be commenting on this thread anymore. You just can't stfu, can you?
And I thought you said back in the Forrest thread that you would "discourse with me no more". Looks like that's two of us who can't STFU, doesn't it?
__________________
Above post is my opinion unless it's a quote.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.
Page generated in 0.22572 seconds.