Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 7th, 2013 #3221
Hadding

Hadding

It turns out that my counterexample 2 of James Ford Seale is ambiguous, because the Federal Appeals Court's overturning of his conviction in was not the last word in his case. There was an issue of law that was reconsidered. I am inquiring to a legal expert as to whether the Appeals Court's self-reversal was crooked.

Seale was convicted of kidnapping and conspiracy on June 14, 2007, by a federal jury. On August 24, 2007, Seale was sentenced to serve three life terms for his crimes.[14][15] The Judge Wingate said that he took into account Seale's advanced age and poor health, but added, "Then I had to take a look at the crime itself, the horror, the ghastliness of it." Seale was imprisoned for a year at a medical facility.[16] The conviction was overturned by the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals on September 9, 2008. The court ruled that the lower court had failed to recognize the statute of limitations for kidnapping had expired. At the time of the kidnapping, kidnapping was a capital crime under federal law; capital crimes have no statute of limitations. However, Congress and the Supreme Court made kidnapping a non-capital crime, with a statute of limitations, in the 1970s. The lower court did not apply the newer statute of limitations, while the appeals court did.[17] The prosecutors asked the appeals court to reconsider the ruling,[18] and the court agreed to do so en banc.

On June 5, 2009, the en banc panel of 5th Circuit judges ruled in an evenly divided decision on the matter, thus upholding the district court's decision. Seale's three convictions and sentences were re-instated. On motion of defense counsel, the 5th Circuit asked the US Supreme Court to review the case. On November 2, 2009, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, letting the lower rulings stand. [
James_Ford_Seale James_Ford_Seale
]
Allen Goff is still a free man though, so far as I can tell.

Last edited by Hadding; February 7th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3222
Hadding

Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
And I thought you said back in the Forrest thread that you would "discourse with me no more". Looks like that's two of us who can't STFU, doesn't it?
For the most part I scan right past your posts and don't allow myself to be troubled with your shit. You've even complained about the fact that I didn't answer questions that you directed at me.

If you will take your fat ass out of this thread, then I will totally ignore you.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3223
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
For the most part I scan right past your posts and don't allow myself to be troubled with your shit. You've even complained about the fact that I didn't answer questions that you directed at me.

If you will take your fat ass out of this thread, then I will totally ignore you.
Riiiiight. You ignore my posts. Which is why you're currently scuttling round trying to wriggle out of the hilarity that was your trying to claim a conviction overturned = a not guilty verdict and that a jury were meant to know by telepathy that a Native American/jew was a white racist.

Allow me to assist.

Riiiiight. You ignore my posts but manage to reference them (and still get them wrong ), like when you tried to claim that Alex told me personally to stop calling people nonces without proof, when as we can all see, he told everybody BUT me (and Gibson) to stop it.

You only ignore my posts when they're too awkward to answer. People do notice, you know.

Last edited by Bev; February 7th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3224
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Racism Not a Factor Here

Quote:
I don't think that being diplomatic with these people does any good. They'll still make all kinds of nasty innuendos. That's what three years of experience on this issue has shown me.

Bev in particular is an irresponsible rabble-rousing piece of shit. That's why she has that disclaimer in her signature, because Linder got onto her for throwing around the word pedophile irresponsibly: the disclaimer, that it is only her opinion, (duh) is supposed to make it okay.

All that I was trying to show with those counterexamples is that it is possible for a racist to prevail in court if the facts and the law are clearly on his side. Those particular cases involved a White racist perpetrator and a non-White victim, so that the racial views of the accused could be considered relevant.

I am certainly not saying that miscarriages of justice never occur when a politically incorrect defendant is accused of a politically incorrect crime. But even in such cases, a defendant with the facts and the law on his side can prevail.

I can't see how Steele's racial views would even be relevant in his case. Since he's already had his trial, somebody that wants to argue that point should really demonstrate that Steele's politics were made an issue in his actual trial instead of generalizing about how Steele as a racist "would be found guilty by any jury."
The word 'racial' occurs at www.steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day1.pdf at 1-12-20 in connection with the examination of the jury. Care was taken to exclude any jurors who either believed IN racial superiority or DID NOT believe in racial superiority. The word 'races' occurs at www.steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day2.pdf as "mud bog races" . It is used in connection with the interrogation of a prisoner testifying against Fairfax at http://steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day5.pdf 5-1223-23. (See how the prosecution savaged Kelsey at page 5-1257-12 for example) At NO PLACE was it used against Steele or even mentioned.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3225
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Be Nice to Bev

Quote:

My sergeant correctly observed that you catch more flies with fresh bullshit that you do with vinegar. You should observe my success with her and copy my method.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3226
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
My sergeant correctly observed that you catch more flies with fresh bullshit that you do with vinegar. You should observe my success with her and copy my method.
My English teacher correctly observed that the vast majority of mistakes he saw on comprehension exercises were from people who hadn't read the article thoroughly before rushing to answer.

That stayed with me.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3227
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile MRI Scans On Psychpaths

It is my contention that half of all prisoners should be immediately released, and the other half taken out and shot. This psychiatrist claims to be able to identify psychopaths based on MRI scans. Steele is a prime candidate for this guy's work. He has a portable MRI machine and has scanned the brains of thousands of inmates in the New Mexico prison. Perhaps the brains of my candidates can be fixed in some cases without a bullet.

Beware, this is a nine part article, you have your work cut out for you. See the remainder at the link below.

Quote:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_seabrook

A Reporter at Large
Suffering Souls
The search for the roots of psychopathy.
by John Seabrook November 10, 2008

The Western New Mexico Correctional Facility sits in high-desert country about seventy miles west of Albuquerque. Grants, a former uranium boomtown that depends heavily on prison work, is a few miles down the road. There’s a glassed-in room at the top of the prison tower, with louvred windows and, on the ceiling, a big crank that operates a searchlight. In a box on the floor are some tear-gas shells that can be fired down into the yard should there be a riot. Below is the prison complex—a series of low six-sided buildings, divided by high hurricane fences topped with razor wire that glitters fiercely in the desert sun. To the east is the snow-covered peak of Mt. Taylor, the highest in the region; to the west, the Zuni Mountains are visible in the blue distance.

One bright morning last April, Dr. Kent Kiehl strode across the parking lot to the entrance, saying, “I guarantee that by the time we reach the gate the entire inmate population will know I’m here.” Kiehl—the Doc, as the inmates call him—was dressed in a blue blazer and a yellow tie. He is tall, broad-shouldered, and barrel-chested, with neat brown hair and small ears; he looks more like a college football player, which was his first ambition, than like a cognitive neuroscientist. But when he speaks, in an unexpectedly high-pitched voice, he becomes that know-it-all kid in school who intimidated you with his combination of superior knowledge and bluster.

At thirty-eight, Kiehl is one of the world’s leading younger investigators in psychopathy, the condition of moral emptiness that affects between fifteen to twenty-five per cent of the North American prison population, and is believed by some psychologists to exist in one per cent of the general adult male population. (Female psychopaths are thought to be much rarer.) Psychopaths don’t exhibit the manias, hysterias, and neuroses that are present in other types of mental illness. Their main defect, what psychologists call “severe emotional detachment”—a total lack of empathy and remorse—is concealed, and harder to describe than the symptoms of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. This absence of easily readable signs has led to debate among mental-health practitioners about what qualifies as psychopathy and how to diagnose it. Psychopathy isn’t identified as a disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the American Psychiatric Association’s canon; instead, a more general term, “antisocial personality disorder,” known as A.P.D., covers the condition.

There is also little consensus among researchers about what causes psychopathy. Considerable evidence, including several large-scale studies of twins, points toward a genetic component. Yet psychopaths are more likely to come from neglectful families than from loving, nurturing ones. Psychopathy could be dimensional, like high blood pressure, or it might be categorical, like leukemia. Researchers argue over whether tests used to measure it should focus on behavior or attempt to incorporate personality traits—like deceitfulness, glibness, and lack of remorse—as well. The only point on which everyone agrees is that psychopathy is extremely difficult to treat. And for some researchers the word “psychopath” has been tainted by its long and seamy relationship with criminality and popular culture, which began with true-crime pulps and continues today in TV shows like CBS’s “Criminal Minds” and in the work of authors like Thomas Harris and Patricia Cornwell. The word is so loaded with baleful connotations that it tends to empurple any surrounding prose.

Kiehl is frustrated by the lack of respect shown to psychopathy by the mental-health establishment. “Think about it,” he told me. “Crime is a trillion-dollar-a-year problem. The average psychopath will be convicted of four violent crimes by the age of forty. And yet hardly anyone is funding research into the science. Schizophrenia, which causes much less crime, has a hundred times more research money devoted to it.” I asked why, and Kiehl said, “Because schizophrenics are seen as victims, and psychopaths are seen as predators. The former we feel empathy for, the latter we lock up.”

In January of 2007, Kiehl arranged to have a portable functional magnetic-resonance-imaging scanner brought into Western—the first fMRI ever installed in a prison. So far, he has recruited hundreds of volunteers from among the inmates. The data from these scans, Kiehl hopes, will confirm his theory, published in Psychiatry Research, in 2006, that psychopathy is caused by a defect in what he calls “the paralimbic system,” a network of brain regions, stretching from the orbital frontal cortex to the posterior cingulate cortex, that are involved in processing emotion, inhibition, and attentional control. His dream is to confound the received wisdom by helping to discover a treatment for psychopathy. “If you could target the brain region involved, then maybe you could find a drug that treats that region,” he told me. “If you could treat just five per cent of them, that would be a Nobel Prize right there.”

The four hundred and six prisoners in the Western New Mexico facility are serving sentences ranging from a year to life without parole. New Mexico uses a classification system that assigns each inmate a number from one to six, with six being reserved for the most violent offenders; Western has inmates of all levels up to five. Although not all psychopaths are violent, Kiehl told me, the majority are fours, fives, and sixes.

Unlike most academic psychopathy researchers, Kiehl has spent many hours in the company of his subjects. When he meets colleagues at conferences, he told me, “they always ask, ‘What are they like?’ These are guys who have spent twenty years studying psychopaths and never met one.” Although the number of psychopaths who are not in prisons is thought to exceed the number who are—if the one-per-cent figure is correct, there are more than a million psychopaths at large in the United States alone—they are much harder to identify in the outside world. Some are “successful psychopaths,” holding down good jobs in many types of industries. It is generally only if they commit a crime and enter the criminal-justice system that they become available for research.

(next page http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=2 )

Old February 7th, 2013 #3228
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Great Minds

Quote:
My English teacher correctly observed that the vast majority of mistakes he saw on comprehension exercises were from people who hadn't read the article thoroughly before rushing to answer.

That stayed with me.
Your English teacher clearly was just as brilliant as my sergeant. I will be posting shortly on the subject of you failing to read the transcript before you post.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3229
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Your English teacher clearly was just as brilliant as my sergeant. I will be posting shortly on the subject of you failing to read the transcript before you post.
Do you have to? I feel like a right internet-bully when I keep owning people so very easily.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3230
Hadding

Hadding

Quote:
The word 'racial' occurs at www.steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day1.pdf at 1-12-20 in connection with the examination of the jury. Care was taken to exclude any jurors who either believed IN racial superiority or DID NOT believe in racial superiority. The word 'races' occurs at www.steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day2.pdf as "mud bog races" . It is used in connection with the interrogation of a prisoner testifying against Fairfax at http://steelewentcrazy.org/steele/day5.pdf 5-1223-23. (See how the prosecution savaged Kelsey at page 5-1257-12 for example) At NO PLACE was it used against Steele or even mentioned.
Evidently, then, you have established that the supposed bias of the jury against a racist like Steele (as presumed by the ZOG's-gonna-getcha crowd) was not a factor in his trial, since the jurors had no definite views on racism and Steele's particular views on race were not even mentioned.

Steele's being a racist therefore does not appear to have been a factor in the jury's verdict.

Last edited by Hadding; February 7th, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3231
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Racism in the Steele Trial

Quote:
Evidently, then, you have established that the supposed bias of the jury against a racist like Steele (as presumed by the ZOG's-gonna-getcha crowd) was not a factor in his trial, since the jurors had no definite views on racism and Steele's particular views on race were not even mentioned.
Your analysis of the trial is precise. Steele did try to distance himself from racism in part four of his jailhouse interview with the remark:"I like Obama.". That instead was one of the nearly 50 proofs that he is crazier than a shit house rat.

The prosecution did try to discredit the habitual criminal jailhouse artist who testified against Fairfax by accusing the jailbird of being a racist. He had drawn an illustration of one of Fairfax's logging trucks running over an Aryan Nations member for Fairfax's book. That testimony was that Fairfax was in this whole thing for the money and fame from the book. The prosecution had no success in my view and the testimony stood up well to their objections. Most of it was silly lawyer wrangling over unimportant issues.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3232
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Concession Not Good Enough

Quote:
I do however concede that Steele's political leaning likely had no effect on the jury since there was no reason to bring up his politics and they probably didn't even know. The alleged motive was not racial and the alleged victim not a minority.
A concession is not good enough here. It has to be an unconditional surrender. That should be in the offing shortly.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3233
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Additional Instruction

Quote:
Do you have to? I feel like a right internet-bully when I keep owning people so very easily.
I am glad to see an eager student ready for additional instruction.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3234
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Must Read Long Article

I can't stress strongly enough that the nine part article at
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2..._fact_seabrook

must be read IN ITS ENTIRETY! It is a page turner and right down the line of this thread. I am just finishing up part two.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 7th, 2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: format

Old February 7th, 2013 #3235
Hadding

Hadding

Quote:
Your analysis of the trial is precise. Steele did try to distance himself from racism in part four of his jailhouse interview with the remark:"I like Obama.". That instead was one of the nearly 50 proofs that he is crazier than a shit house rat.

The prosecution did try to discredit the habitual criminal jailhouse artist who testified against Fairfax by accusing the jailbird of being a racist. He had drawn an illustration of one of Fairfax's logging trucks running over an Aryan Nations member for Fairfax's book. That testimony was that Fairfax was in this whole thing for the money and fame from the book. The prosecution had no success in my view and the testimony stood up well to their objections. Most of it was silly lawyer wrangling over unimportant issues.
Okay, so much for the presumed anti-racist bias of juries, alleged by M. Gerard.

There is, however, another argument for bias in the process, which is that Steele's defense didn't get to present forensic audio expert Papcun's findings (which the judge had ruled inadmissible because irrelevant to the case). However, if I recall correctly, Papcun himself, according to newspaper reports, said that his findings wouldn't make any difference, which makes the judge's ruling seem reasonable.

Since the cheerleaders like to claim that Papcun's results would have made a difference, has detailed information about those results been posted online? That would be the way to show that Steele was railroaded.

Last edited by Hadding; February 7th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3236
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry So Called Audio Experts

Quote:
Okay, so much for the presumed anti-racist bias of juries, alleged by M. Gerard.

There is, however, another argument for bias in the process, which is that Steele's defense didn't get to present forensic audio expert Papcun's findings (which the judge had ruled inadmissible and therefore irrelevant to the case). However, if I recall correctly, Papcun himself, according to newspaper reports, said that his findings wouldn't make any difference, which makes the judge's ruling seem reasonable.

Since the cheerleaders like to claim that Papcun's results would have made a difference, has detailed information about those results been posted online? That would be the way to show that Steele was railroaded.
I have not posted a detailed analysis of the hearing but it is available in full at http://steelewentcrazy.org/steele/recorder/ .

The bottom line is that neither of the two supposed experts were worth their airfare. One fool, a former cop, got caught by the prosecution copying most of his report from Papcun. Papcun never claimed that the recordings were fake. The FBI experts made a fool of him. The above link describes the safeguards on the recorder that make it nearly impossible for the recording to be faked. It is the key fob version shown below.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 7th, 2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo

Old February 7th, 2013 #3237
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry An Accurate Assessment

This quote is a precise description of Steele after his surgery. The contrast with his nature before surgery are day and night.

Quote:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=3
“Beauty and ugliness, except in a very superficial sense, goodness, evil, love, horror, and humor have no actual meaning, no power to move him,” Cleckley wrote of the psychopath in his 1941 book, “The Mask of Sanity,” which became the foundation of the modern science. The psychopath talks “entertainingly,” Cleckley explained, and is “brilliant and charming,” but nonetheless “carries disaster lightly in each hand.” Cleckley emphasized his subjects’ deceptive, predatory nature, writing that the psychopath is capable of “concealing behind a perfect mimicry of normal emotion, fine intelligence, and social responsibility a grossly disabled and irresponsible personality.” This mimicry allows psychopaths to function, and even thrive, in normal society. Indeed, as Cleckley also argued, the individualistic, winner-take-all aspect of American culture nurtures psychopathy.

Old February 7th, 2013 #3238
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Not Steele's Fault

I say that the MRI machine will light up on Steele like a Chanukah bush. Hundreds of microscopic strokes have left scar tissue where there used to be brain cells.

Quote:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=8
Psychopathy also raises fundamental issues about justice. At the core of our judicial system is the assumption that someone who appears sane is culpable for his actions. (In the U.S., there is no insanity defense for psychopaths.) As Decety, of the University of Chicago, put it to me, “We still basically work out of a Biblical system of punishment—we don’t consider, in most cases, to what extent the offender’s actions were intentional or unintentional. But what neuroscience is showing us is that a great many crimes are committed out of compulsion—the offenders couldn’t help it. Once that is clear, and science proves it, what will the justice system do?” Joseph Newman told me, “I go around and give speeches to the staff in prisons, saying the inmates are not just assholes, and afterwards the guards come up and say, ‘Enjoyed your talk, Doc, but are you saying these guys aren’t responsible for their crimes?’ ”

Old February 7th, 2013 #3239
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Jumping to Conclusions

Quote:

That is most un-Christian of you. My money says that my honey is a ravishing beauty. She just gets in a bit over her head every now and then.

Old February 8th, 2013 #3240
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
I say that the MRI machine will light up on Steele like a Chanukah bush. Hundreds of microscopic strokes have left scar tissue where there used to be brain cells.
I think this post got buried in the sudden flurry of activity:
Quote:
If only tests had been done to prove he did have stroke damage. Are there any tests to prove it, I wonder?

Quote:
Postperfusion syndrome, also known as "pumphead" is a constellation of neurocognitive impairments attributed to cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) during cardiac surgery. Symptoms of postperfusion syndrome are subtle and include defects associated with attention, concentration, short term memory, fine motor function, and speed of mental and motor responses.[1] Studies have shown a high incidence of neurocognitive deficit soon after surgery, but the deficits are often transient with no permanent neurological impairment.
Postperfusion_syndrome Postperfusion_syndrome

Nothing there about hatching murder plots or even criminal/grossly abnormal behaviour. Just short term attention and memory problems.

Quote:
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Postperfusion syndrome includes the 6 symptoms listed below:

Fever
Enlarged spleen
Enlarged lymph nodes
Bumpy rash
Abnormal lymphocytes
Negative heterophil agglutination reaction
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/p/post...e/symptoms.htm

Which of these did Steele show? I saw him in a video post-arrest and saw no bumps or rashes, no fever glow and no impaired cognition.

Quote:
Four cases are reported of a syndrome consisting of fever, splenomegaly, and atypicallymphocytes developing three to six weeks after use of extracorporeal circulation for open heart surgery. The course is self-limited with a duration of approximately three weeks. Spontaneous remission has occurred in all reported instances.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...22347666800392

Ah. So it is limited to a very, very specific time frame. 3 to 6 weeks after the surgery and last for three weeks. So again we can see that this does not fit Steele.

Quote:
postperfusion syndrome
A condition seen in 2% of Pts who undergo cardiac surgery, 3-7 wks after cardiopulmonary bypass, resembles infectious mononucleosis or hepatitis, and is attributed to viruses transfused with
the blood during surgery Clinical Fever, splenomegaly, lymphadenopathy, maculopapular rash, anemia, atypical lymphocytes Prognosis Benign; resolves spontaneously without therapy.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...usion+syndrome

In short - you haven't got a cat in hell's chance of proving this is what affected Steele. The time frame alone rules it out and so do the symptoms.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread