VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 17th, 2013 #1
Jack Taylor
Banned

Default I just got scammed

I was just scammed by a company based in the Phillipines that claimed to be part of an American company. They charged me so much money to self publish my books. They kept pushing me buy this buy that believe in yourself, your book will sell blah blah blah and now they've taken thousands of dollars from me and I just found out its a complete scam. They claimed to be American but they're not. They keep scamming people and asking for more and more money. And if you ask for a refund or refuse to pay more money they get very upset and start saying you're being pessimistic and such things. Since I gave these people my number things have been going wrong for me. I really regret it and wish I had known earlier. No one even cares. I just want these people arrested but who will do that right. They were supposed to call me today to talk about the refund but still haven't. they've published one book of mine but the price is so high.

Anyway I just wanted to say to all of you here that filipinos are among the worst people there are. They're anti white, they're catholic and they are fucking full of hate.

Old September 17th, 2013 #2
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Sorry to hear it. Probably not a lot you can do.

To cancel that credit card (or whatever) and start over with a new one would be my advice.

Old September 17th, 2013 #3
M.N. Dalvez

Self publishing is stone-obviously a scam.

Let me re-iterate: self publishing is stone-obviously a scam. Especially in the Internet era, where you can reach more people with your writing, for free, than you ever could hope to do with a 'self-published' book. Why do people even 'self-publish' any more?

The short answer is, they're greedy for fame, for the status they think that being a 'published author' will give them. (Look at Steven Akins for a great example of this mentality.) As as we all know, greedy people are the easiest people of all to scam.

And you went through a company in the fucking Phillipines?

I do feel sorry for you losing your money, but can't help but think that maybe someone who does something so stupid doesn't deserve money.

Let me ask: did you just go with the first company who you found on the Internet?
Did you do any kind of fact-finding about the company?
Did you do any of the due diligence that you should do when you go into business with a company?

Your situation is comparable with a person who spent all their paycheck on lottery tickets, and then said, 'I don't have any money now!'

Worse - at least with lottery tickets, you have some chance (however minute) to recoup your money / make a profit.

Quote:
Anyway I just wanted to say to all of you here that filipinos are among the worst people there are.
No! I just don't believe it!!!

What's your next news-flash? Fire is hot?

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; September 17th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.

Old November 11th, 2013 #4
Jack Taylor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Sorry to hear it. Probably not a lot you can do.

To cancel that credit card (or whatever) and start over with a new one would be my advice.
Thanks, most other people are reporting its a scam too which was very hard to foresee given this company is owned by Penguin, an established publisher. They must be scammers too. Anyway, I have gotten some of my money back from them and will ask them to cancel the other packages too.

No one told me self publishing was bad or which other way to go so I won't blame myself or call myself greedy or say things like "you deserved it."

Old November 16th, 2013 #5
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Penguin
Penguino Filipino?

Quote:
or which other way to go
Do some research - do what they call 'due diligence'. Read the contracts carefully. Jeez. Do you always throw your money away so easily?

Old November 16th, 2013 #6
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Static charge?
I smell 29ct bull shit.

Old November 25th, 2013 #7
Crowe

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Old December 7th, 2013 #8
Norman Bean

Recall radio host art Bell married a phillipino gal,and even conveted to the catholic church to get her.They do produce some great comic book artists at the least there.

Thread