VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 2nd, 2005 #1
J.Hartman

J.Hartman
Default Blood and Honor Miniseries...Help

Does anyone else remember this miniseries from the early 80's? (almost positive the name was Blood and Honor) Repeated web searching revealed zero, even tried jewbay.

I would like to see it again, vaguely remember it being about Germany and the Hitler Youth, focusing on a couple of families and what not. I'm sure it is mostly anti but I remember watching and being jealous of the German kids for having what the HY offered!

Last edited by J.Hartman; April 2nd, 2005 at 01:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Old April 8th, 2005 #2
Concerned White

I remember this , and was about to ask also in one of the forums i visit. I didn't know it was a mini series i watched it years ago on video. I remember hanging about the local video store (before we even had one) and i always had my eye on that one, so when we eventually did get a video player that was one of the first films i rented, i was about fifteen at the time. Iam thirty seven now.

I always tried to remember if it was called Blood and Honour , and never really could, but by reading your post i am now certain that was the name.

The young boy was dark haired if i remember correctly.

Old April 8th, 2005 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Hartman
Does anyone else remember this miniseries from the early 80's? (almost positive the name was Blood and Honor) Repeated web searching revealed zero, even tried jewbay.

I would like to see it again, vaguely remember it being about Germany and the Hitler Youth, focusing on a couple of families and what not. I'm sure it is mostly anti but I remember watching and being jealous of the German kids for having what the HY offered!
it's HJ for Hitler Jugend. In German the J is prounounced like the English Y.

I knew an old guy who was in HJ, said he loved it, it was just like boy scouts. I enjoyed boy scouts myself, until I got my first car and then I quit.

Old April 12th, 2005 #4
J.Hartman

J.Hartman

Concerned White, Thanks, thought I was going crazy and second guessing my own memories of this show. Oh well the search will continue.

Antiochus Epiphanes, I as well have had the rare privilege of an acquaintance who was a member of the HJ, my own dear Mom!

Only regret I didn't learn German while a child.

Thread