Senior Goatly One

Default White Power Food Recipes

Oatmeal Jerry's Way

2.5 cups water (or thereabout)
1.5 cups dry oats (approximately)
teaspoon salt
half cup raisins
half cup pineapple juice

Put the water in a pot. Put the salt in the water. Boil the salt water. Remove pot from heat. Dump oats into salty water. Add the raisins. Let sit for five minutes. Pour pineapple juice into oatmeal. Stir.

Jerry Abbott

Old July 8th, 2005 #2
Mr. T.H. Outis

bread
beef
beer

Old July 8th, 2005 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Jerry do you ever mix other whole grains in with the oats? I had a bunch of stuff once after a visit to a health food store. lots of different grains.

Old July 8th, 2005 #4
Border Ruffian

If it's oats, you can eat it at any point. If it's grains, just cook it long enough for them to be chewable. You get the most vitamins that way and most nutrition for your money. Plus less gas and water wasted. A little hot butter makes it better no matter what it is. A little salt too. If you can get berries, that will help women and kids like it.

We got a couple gallons of rasberries at my girl's folks' house the other day. They're seedy but the flavor is better than anything you get at the store.

Old July 11th, 2005 #5
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Jerry do you ever mix other whole grains in with the oats? I had a bunch of stuff once after a visit to a health food store. lots of different grains.
Not for oatmeal, I haven't. But I've mixed rice with sprouted whole wheat before dousing with brown gravy. I think I was eating barbequed pork ribs with it.

Thread