Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 17th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default The Three Musketeers


( the reason I post this not under 'movies' or 'books' is because this tale has been put on screen as well as the novel , even a series on tv was once made concerning this )

- - -

One of the 'classic' tales . .

The plot summed up . .

Nobleman D'Artagnan wishes to become a musketeer for the king of France at about 1630 . . By accident , while previously having had quarrel with them , he becomes friends with 3 of the king's musketeers : Porthos , Athos , Aramis.

The guards of the Cardinal and that of the king are in quarrels with each other.

The whole story revolves around the guard of the Cardinal and that of the king more or less duelling each other and it even tuns out that the Cardinal is a traitor who wishes to govern France by himself.

- - -

Historical . .

A musketeer , historically , was a mercenary ( especially known from the time of the Thirty Years' War ) carrying a musket ( hence the name musketeer ) . . they also had rapiers . .

Cardinal Richelieu . . it is an open secret that he was the real ruler of France when king Louis XIII was still young at age . . He prepared the absolutism for the later king Louis XIV . .

Historically this tale twists things around a bit . .

- - -

The real core of it all though . . .

The historical D'Artagnan truly existed and was even quite known at his time but he lived during the time of and fought for Louis XIV . .

A bit of biographical truthfulness flew into the story of the D'Artagnan in the novel . .

But one could understand that the author wouldn't paint D'Artagnan as serving under the "Roi Soleil" , otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the popularity he gained via this novel.

So . . as often . . a true core twisted a bit . . and you have a 'romantic novel'.

- - -

It is still somewhat beyond me why this novel though was so poluar in the beginning when it came out in the 19th century since France had recently become a republic and they despised the monarchs of old . .

- - -

Anyway . .

Still an interesting look into ancient France , the role of Richelieu and the upcoming abolutism.

- - -

In fact I think the motto of the musketeers "All for one . . one for all . ." is commendable . . There you had four genuine friends . .

In fact loyalty plays a much bigger role in stories "of old" . .

- - -

On a side note . . were the musketeers of the novel alive today I suppose they would enter the fight again . . Against an unjust ruler of France . .


Macron - N.W.O.-puppet extraordinaire : https://southfront.org/emmanuel-macr...ent-of-france/

All for one . . one for all ! !


Last edited by ColdFire; October 18th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
 
Old October 17th, 2019 #2
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

. . oh , and by the way . .




 
Old October 18th, 2019 #3
Gladiatrix
Senior Member
 
Gladiatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a dystopian nightmare
Posts: 2,282
Gladiatrix
Default

Hi there, little brother,

I'm only familiar with the 70s movie. Used to watch it on the televitz when I was a kid. Michael York was my first crush. I think there were sequels, but memory is hazy.

__________________
Political correctness is oppression disguised as good manners.
 
Old October 18th, 2019 #4
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

The 17th century was the time of musketeers /fencing.

Peviously knighthood had existed.

The knights of the occident vanished in favour of mercenaries who fought for money . .

For centuries the knights of the occident truly fought wars.

One might say , in ancient times wars truly were fought by people who had a hand in them in the first place . . as opposed to the world of today.

The knights stemmed from nobility.

In the 17th century money got a higher status than before so knighthood vanished in favour of mercenaries . .

Most of them are known for the time of the Thirty Years' War . .

The Thirty Years' War was more or less the deciding battle among European christians .

The Habsburg-dynasty ( one of the most powerful royal houses in Europe ) in time got difficulties with the Protestant sovereigns of Germany.

So one might say . . . What started more or less as an inner-German matter became a Europe-wide conflict into which other countries involved themselves , some willing to help the Catholic side , others to aid the Protestant side.

It is known that the Swedes ravished Germany quite extremely at that time. . People lived in terror of the Swedes . . .

The high-point of the Thirty Years' War was the destruction of the German city of Magdeburg by emperor-loyal troops , at that time one of the strongholds of Protestantism . .

The city was ravished badly.

Truth be told , it is estimtated that during the whole time the Thirty Years' War lasted Europe was depopulated at around one third.

Quite extreme times.


 
Old October 18th, 2019 #5
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

. . speaking of Richelieu in post 1, he interferred in the Thirty Years' War against the Habsburg-dynasty . .


Previously Denmark had intervened in favour of the Protestant side in Germany as had the Swedes.

But when Richelieu involved France in the war it was for interests of power , not for religion ( after all , France was a largely Catholic state , like the Habsburg-rulers were ) . .

. . what might have started as a religious quarrel became a chessfield for power in Europe.

The problem concerning the Thirty Years' War was the situation within Germany.

Germany was a federal state ( as opposed to France even back then , which was centralised ) . The Habsburg-rulers were arch-catholic , so they came into conflict with German territorial sovereigns who had converted to Protestantism.


When the conflict escalated other states from abroad tried to aid the respective sides . . . And then . . you had an inner-European war . . .


Last edited by ColdFire; October 19th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.
 
Old October 18th, 2019 #6
Hugh Akston
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 553
Default

As long as this nougat-filled, chocolaty goodness lives on, so too will the Three Musketeers....

 
Old October 18th, 2019 #7
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
As long as this nougat-filled, chocolaty goodness lives on, so too will the Three Musketeers....

Heehee

. . . always interesting to see/hear from products we do not have here in Germany.

A chocolate-bar named 'Three Musketeers' ?

lol

. . . even beats that.


. . . did I mention your post made me hungry . . ?

 
Old October 18th, 2019 #8
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Talking

. . lol , as it happens , gotta say , re-watching that 'Eat It' video again I imagined a gang-fight as put up in this vid between the guard of the king and that of the cardinal . .

lol . .

Imagine those two like two gangs described here . .

. . the musketeers as two street gangs . .

Well . . maybe they would have made peace though by both sharing Lady De Winter for a gang-bang



 
Old October 18th, 2019 #9
Hugh Akston
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . . always interesting to see/hear from products we do not have here in Germany.
After a quick search it turns out that the Three Musketeers bar is sold in Germany, but under a different name:



Note the German text on the package
 
Old October 18th, 2019 #10
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
After a quick search it turns out that the Three Musketeers bar is sold in Germany, but under a different name:



Note the German text on the package
. . hmmm . .

'Three Musketeers' and 'Milky Way' . . ?

. . there certainly is a difference . .



 
Old October 19th, 2019 #12
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Goldbergstein View Post
. . . I prefer that version from '93 with Kiefer Sutherland . .



One thing that bothered me about that movie though was that they had to choose Tim Curry as the Cardinal.



. . you know . . . who starred in that 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'-crap.

Totally degenerate.

Tim Curry may be a good actor sometimes but every time I see him I have to think of that RHPS crap ..

. . . I think the fact that he starred in that will forever be a burden on him.

. . casting him for the role of Richelieu was a cardinal error.

( get that pun ?! . . cardinal error . . )


. . I think the real Cardinal is turning in his grave.

 
Old October 19th, 2019 #13
Sartt
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: planet filled with brainwashed fools
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post

( the reason I post this not under 'movies' or 'books' is because this tale has been put on screen as well as the novel , even a series on tv was once made concerning this )

- - -

One of the 'classic' tales . .

The plot summed up . .

Nobleman D'Artagnan wishes to become a musketeer for the king of France at about 1630 . . By accident , while previously having had quarrel with them , he becomes friends with 3 of the king's musketeers : Porthos , Athos , Aramis.

The guards of the Cardinal and that of the king are in quarrels with each other.

The whole story revolves around the guard of the Cardinal and that of the king more or less duelling each other and it even tuns out that the Cardinal is a traitor who wishes to govern France by himself.

- - -

Historical . .

A musketeer , historically , was a mercenary ( especially known from the time of the Thirty Years' War ) carrying a musket ( hence the name musketeer ) . . they also had rapiers . .

Cardinal Richelieu . . it is an open secret that he was the real ruler of France when king Louis XIII was still young at age . . He prepared the absolutism for the later king Louis XIV . .

Historically this tale twists things around a bit . .

- - -

The real core of it all though . . .

The historical D'Artagnan truly existed and was even quite known at his time but he lived during the time of and fought for Louis XIV . .

A bit of biographical truthfulness flew into the story of the D'Artagnan in the novel . .

But one could understand that the author wouldn't paint D'Artagnan as serving under the "Roi Soleil" , otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the popularity he gained via this novel.

So . . as often . . a true core twisted a bit . . and you have a 'romantic novel'.

- - -

It is still somewhat beyond me why this novel though was so poluar in the beginning when it came out in the 19th century since France had recently become a republic and they despised the monarchs of old . .

- - -

Anyway . .

Still an interesting look into ancient France , the role of Richelieu and the upcoming abolutism.

- - -

In fact I think the motto of the musketeers "All for one . . one for all . ." is commendable . . There you had four genuine friends . .

In fact loyalty plays a much bigger role in stories "of old" . .

- - -

On a side note . . were the musketeers of the novel alive today I suppose they would enter the fight again . . Against an unjust ruler of France . .


Macron - N.W.O.-puppet extraordinaire : https://southfront.org/emmanuel-macr...ent-of-france/

All for one . . one for all ! !

dArtagnan - Einer für alle für ein'
Wanna know something else? the creator of the " 3 musketeers" Alexandre Dumas pre, was Black.
 
Old October 20th, 2019 #14
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
Wanna know something else? the creator of the " 3 musketeers" Alexandre Dumas pre, was Black.

. . you call that 'black' ?

A mulatto at best.

Oh, and on a side note . . I myself have never denied some people of other races have made a contribution to our culture but . .

The fact is that he is one colored bestseller-author among hundreds of our race.

By the way, I didn't even start this thread because I hold the story in a high regard or because I personally am a fan of the story , merely historical . .

Oh and by the way . .




. . separated at birth , maybe . . ?



- - -

Dumas took historical facts , twisted them around a bit . .

I don't think any author of our race would have had a problem doing that.
 
Old October 20th, 2019 #15
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
Wanna know something else? the creator of the " 3 musketeers" Alexandre Dumas pre, was Black.
"Yo , muh man . Ah be writin' some fat shit 'bout muh man D'Artagnan . . . ah's gonna present him as bein' down wit his three homiez , Porthoz , Athoz 'n Aramiz , yeah . . . knowmsayin' ?


. . them is gonna have beef wit da homiez of da cardinal , yeah . . knowmsayin' ?"




 
Old October 20th, 2019 #16
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
Wanna know something else? the creator of the " 3 musketeers" Alexandre Dumas pre, was Black.
. . . what a role-model for "all o' dem brothaz 'n sistahs witin da African-American commun'ty" . .




 
Old October 21st, 2019 #17
Donncha Dennis
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 258
Donncha Dennis
Default

Most people don't realize alexander dumas was named after Thomas-Alexandre Dumas his father. A crazed pet nigger of the French court who put down French revolutionary uprisings and genocided the white populace of the vendee region. That's right around the same time his fellow brotha Toussaint in Haiti was killing and slaughtering whites he was also massacring whites in france directly itself. Who even remembers today that a black general was killing large populations of white rebellious French?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_the_Vende
 
Old October 22nd, 2019 #18
Nikola Bijeliti
Sex: Male
 
Nikola Bijeliti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 729
Blog Entries: 21
Nikola Bijeliti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
Wanna know something else? the creator of the " 3 musketeers" Alexandre Dumas pre, was Black.
There were actually two authors, one of them White, but only Dumas' was credited as being the author. The better parts of the novel, such as the camaraderie and loyalty, were written by the ghost author, while the scandalous and adulterous parts were written by Dumas.
__________________
All these ideasare chained to the existence of men, to who[m]they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler
 
Old October 22nd, 2019 #19
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Talking The "dark side" of the novel . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
There were actually two authors, one of them White, but only Dumas' was credited as being the author. The better parts of the novel, such as the camaraderie and loyalty, were written by the ghost author, while the scandalous and adulterous parts were written by Dumas.

. . couldn't resist . .

- - - - - -

"Yo D'Artagnan ,muh homie . We iz gonna bust up da cardinalz posse . . Dem mofos got that traitorous hoe De Winter on their side "
"Fuck dis hoe. That We Winter byatch be playa-hatin' on muh man Athoz"

 
Old October 28th, 2019 #20
steven clark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,886
steven clark
Default The Three Musketeers

I'll be honest. I can't stand them. It's nothing in particular, but it's just that it gets remade all the time, and there are so many other good works of literature that are neglected. Hollywood has no imagination. It's always The Three Musketeers, or Huckleberry Finn, or something else. Now they're redoing the Addams Family. Again.

There was a remake in the forties with Don Ameche and the Ritz Brothers as musketeers. usual 40's Hollywood 'entertainment.'

I'm pissed that I wrote a great screenplay of Margaret Fuller, an exciting American woman, but what do we see? Emily Dickinson. Emily fucking Dickinson over and over.

There are about four American subjects for adaptation, and that's it in remake obsessed Hollywood.

As for movies of the trio, I guess I'll go with the 1973 Richard Lester version, although the swordplay was absurd, and Raquel Welch was in it, and I never saw her appeal, although every young man then seemed to have the hots for her.
And Charlton Heston played Richelieu, which was a step far above Tim Curry.
A movie, revenge of the Musketeers (?), had them older, involved with Leonardo de Caprio as Louis XIV, and was a remake of The Man in the Iron Mask. It was pretty good, though. There was also a french movie of the return of the Three Musketeers with Gerard Depardieu, and it was more comedy, but pretty good.

had no use for Kiefer Sutherland. Ugh.
I remember Three Musketeer candy bars. I ate them ALL the rime, and there used to TV commercials, but of course the last one I saw had a nigger musketeer. Who was he? Dark-tanion?

if you want to read about the Thirty Year's War, why not try Simplicissimus by Grimmelshausen? It was written by a German who actually lived through the war.
Also, there is The White Company, by Henty, a Victorian book about a company of Scottish soldiers in the war under Gustavus Adolphus's command, but they wind up on all sides...lots of Scots were mercs in that war, and when you say the Swedish army, remember half of it was probably foreign anyway, under Swedish officers. Same with the Imperial troops. Wallenstein was a real character, and the Emperor had him killed off when it was decided he was getting too ambitious. Schiller wrote a trilogy on Wallenstein.

There was also a movie, The Last Valley, about the war, with Michael Caine as a mercenary. Pretty rough and good, although you have to accept Omar Sharif as a German clergyman.

I also liked a book on the war by Herbert Langer, an East German, but the book is a very good history and social study of the war.

Richelieu in effect prolonged the war by another ten years so France could weaken Austria and also keep Spain at bay. I'm not a great fan of the cardinal, but there were few heroes in that war.
Wouldn't it have been something if Cromwell had led an army, conquered the empire, and set up a puritan empire? One of history's unknowns.

So, I'm just not into the Three Musketeers. But it is a fascinating period.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.
Page generated in 0.15683 seconds.