Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 9th, 2016 #1
alex revision

Default A Holocaust imposter? Pa. man lied about Auschwitz imprisonment and escape, historian says

A Holocaust imposter? Pa. man lied about Auschwitz imprisonment and escape, historian says

For years, Joseph Hirt has traveled the country telling of his escape from Auschwitz as a wildly emaciated "60-pound skeleton with skin" who slipped beneath an electric fence to freedom and later to a new life in America.

The Adamstown, Pa. resident has spoken at schools and libraries, in roundtables and to newspaper reporters, time and time again.

But during a recent presentation to a group in upstate New York, a skeptic emerged from within his usual audience of admirersJoseph Hirt was born in Poland and has long claimed he was taken prisoner by the Nazis in 1941 in Belgrade. Now, a historian and a member of Hirt's own family are calling his account a lie.

Now, that skeptic says his research has shown that much of the 90-year-old's harrowing story is a lie.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06...pa_man_li.html

Old June 11th, 2016 #2
littlefieldjohn

jewsign Yet Another “Holocaust Survivor” Hoax Exposed

Quote:
Yet another famous “Holocaust survivor” in the US, 90-year-old Joseph Hirt, who has spent fifteen years lecturing schools about his “escape from Auschwitz,” has been shown to be a fantasist liar who invented everything.

Hirt’s career in lying and making up “holocaust” stories goes to 2006, when he was the subject of an article in Philadelphia’s Inquirer newspaper.

The article, titled “Facing the ghosts of the Holocaust,” and filed under that paper’s “racial hatred” section, quotes Hirt as saying that had grown up in a Jewish family in Poland, was sent to Auschwitz, given prisoner number tattoo I94517, but “spared the gas chamber because he identified himself as a nurse and was pressed into service by a doctor who was himself a camp inmate.”

Hirt kept on peddling this story for years, eventually becoming a firm favorite on the “holocaust survivor circuit.”

For example, in December 2014, he told the Central Pennsylvania World War II Roundtable that he had escaped Auschwitz after eight months by crawling under an electric fence; and that upon his liberation he weighed a mere 60 pounds—”a skeleton with skin.”

Hirt also started producing a photograph of an emaciated man lying on stretcher, claiming it was himself. This picture became one of his stock props in his “lectures.”

He also said he came “face to face with the so-called Angel of Death, Dr. Josef Mengele, while at Auschwitz,” and that he had also “attended the Olympics in 1936 in Berlin with his father where he saw Adolf Hitler refuse to shake hands with American Olympian Jesse Owens. ‘The thing is that made me a witness to history. I was there. I saw it,’ Hirt said.”

Just this year, however, a Pennsylvania school teacher who was at first drawn to hear this “survivor account” firsthand, had the bravery—and ability—to research Hirt’s claims.

A story in the Reading Eagle, and copied onto the PA live website revealed that Andrew Reid, a local history teacher in Turin, NY, attended Hirt’s lecture on April 15 in nearby Lowville.

But Reid was struck by discrepancies in Hirt’s version of events and in the evidence Hirt provided in support of his claims.

In a document put up on Scribd, Reid revealed that Hirt claims to have been captured by Nazis and sent to Auschwitz in 1941. He has said in various accounts that he escaped from Auschwitz in March 1942— specifically, March 31, 1942, which he remembered because it was his father’s birthday.

However, the prisoner number tattooed on Hirt’s upper left forearm belongs to a Polish person who entered Auschwitz in 1944, Reid says, citing officials at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum. Those same officials confirmed this information to PennLive on Thursday.

The US Holocaust Memorial Museum website also says the practice of placing tattoos on the inside of the upper left forearm of Auschwitz prisoners, where Hirt’s is located, did not begin until 1943, years after he claims to have arrived.

As for Hirt’s escape, Reid said officials at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum told him that there was only “one escape recorded in the months surrounding Hirt’s alleged date of escape, and that person was not him.

There is also the photo frequently displayed by Hirt at his speaking engagements which he claims was taken by an Auschwitz guard and which shows him emaciated and on a stretcher shortly before his escape in 1942. However, that photograph, according to Reid, was actually taken by a US soldier liberating Dachau concentration camp.

Reid’s document includes critical quotes from members of Hirt’s own family who dismiss his Auschwitz claims as false.

“The stories … are complete fabrications with regard to the Auschwitz stuff,” Michael Hirt, a nephew of Joseph’s, is quoted as saying.

“When I confronted him, he basically claimed that the stories were taken out of context, or that the authors fabricated the stories. Of course I do not believe this … Perhaps he might be shamed into stopping, although of course the damage is already done.”

Reid also dismisses Hirt’s claim of a face-to-face encounter with Dr. Josef Mengele at Auschwitz before March of 1942, saying “it is well-documented that Mengele did not arrive at Auschwitz until May 1943,” more than a year later.

Reid also said Hirt falsely claimed that he attended the 1936 Olympics in Germany and was sitting close enough to hear Hitler disparage gold medalist Jesse Owens, something that all historians now know did not happen.

http://newobserveronline.com/another...-hoax-exposed/

Old June 11th, 2016 #3
brutus

What holocaust?

Old June 14th, 2016 #4
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post History teacher who outed holocaust fraudster Joseph Hirt calls for apology or criminal prosecution

Joseph Hirt points out a number that he had tattooed on his own arm while pretending to be a holocaust survivor at one of the many classrooms in which he has spoken. Hirt was never incarcerated in a concentration camp.

By Carolyn Yeager

ANDREW REID, THE NEW YORK PUBLIC SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER WHO SAYS HE "BELIEVES IN TRUTH" has posted his own account of his very thorough investigation into the tales of holocaust survlievor Joseph Hirt on Scribd. online and it is a bombshell. Reid has done in this instance what the media and the schools continually fail to do before they publish a story or allow someone to speak to their students – scrutinize and vet the extravagant claims of holocaust survivors. Of course, the media doesn’t do that because they know the claims won’t hold up; thus one can only conclude the media is helping to defraud the public on the subject of Holocaust. The schools are doing the same out of laziness and mental incompetence.

On pages 27-29 of his document, Reid lays out his idea that Mr. Hirt should have an opportunity to publicly retract his claims and admit his fraud, ask for forgiveness and cease his involvement in any further public presentations. If Hirt refuses to publicly recant, Reid recommends that law enforcement in both Lancaster County, PA and Lewis County, NY should pursue a criminal investigation. Right on, Mr. Reid! It has been the case ever since 1945 that only one side was punished; it’s about time these surlievors are held to legal account too. If they were, there would be a lot fewer of them. Continue reading at Elie Wiesel Cons The World

read full article at source: http://carolynyeager.net/newsletter/...gy-or-criminal

Old June 14th, 2016 #5
Notashill

Even the kids are like, what dis nigga talkin about

Old June 23rd, 2016 #6
alex revision

Accused 'holocaust impostor' admits he lied about Auschwitz, asks for forgiveness

June 23, 2016

A Lancaster County man is asking for forgiveness after admitting he lied about being a holocaust survivor and having escaped from Auschwitz.

Joseph Hirt, 91, of Adamstown, wrote a letter to LancasterOnline in which he says he lied in a misguided attempt to bring attention to the plight of holocaust survivors.

"I am writing today to apologize publicly for harm caused to anyone because of my inserting myself into the descriptions of life in Auschwitz. I was not a prisoner there. I did not intend to lessen or overshadow the events which truly happened there by falsely claiming to have been personally involved," Hirt wrote in the letter.

"It wasn't about me. I was wrong in using an untruth (my presence) in an attempt to enhance the important truth of the suffering and death of so many – not only Jewish people, but also others held in disdain by the Nazi movement."

Hirt has claimed for years that he was an Auschwitz survivor in numerous public appearances, speaking engagements and newspaper articles.

His claims were first questioned earlier this month by a New York State history teacher who became suspicious after watching Hirt speak in April.

The teacher, Andrew Reid, set about fact checking Hirt's claims that he was kidnapped by the Nazis and imprisoned at Auschwitz before eventually escaping as a wildly emaciated "60-pound skeleton with skin."

Reid said the timelines of Hirt's claims did not add up and that a prisoner number tattooed on his left forearm also belonged to another person, according to officials at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum.

Hirt's own nephew confirmed that his uncle had made the story up, and that while there were distant family members imprisoned and killed in Nazi-run camps, Hirt and his immediate family members had instead fled Poland before the Germans invaded and were later rescued by the allies in Italy before being granted asylum in the US.

Hirt initially stood by his claims and argued against detractors like Reid and his own nephew. But the letter, delivered to LancasterOnline's offices on Wednesday, represents a shocking reversal and admission, one many didn't see coming.

"I was wrong," Hirt writes. "I ask forgiveness."

Hirt's nephew, Michael, was the only family member to publicly refute and condemn his uncle's claims when confronted with Reid's evidence earlier this month.

On Thursday, Michael said he was relieved that his uncle had "finally come clean," calling his years-long deception "a continuing source of embarrassment and shame for me."

UPDATE: This article has been updated with reaction from Hirt's nephew.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06...ostor_adm.html

Old June 24th, 2016 #7
brutus

He needs to be thrown in an oven.

Old June 24th, 2016 #8
Toecutter

Default re

I am thinking as of late, how to physically dispose of them.

As of now, I feel like setting up a gassing(cyclon-b) opp, just as described.

All the while large screens playing schindler's liars and the rest of it.

I' d set it up just as they imagined.

Of course it wouldn't work. Has anything they have claimed yet?

Then...well, bullets are cheap...

Old June 26th, 2016 #9
Vnn999

Another “Holocaust Survivor” Hoax Exposed

Man who claimed to have escaped Auschwitz admits he lied for years

Joseph Hirt said he fabricated story of being sent to camp and meeting Nazi doctor Josef Mengele to ‘keep memories alive’ about history of the Holocaust ….

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hirt-auschwitz

http://www.holohoax101.org/

Fake Memoirs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_memoirs

Misha: A Mémoire of the Holocaust Years is a literary hoax by Misha Defonseca, first published in 1997.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misha:...olocaust_Years

'Angel at the Fence', written by Herman Rosenblat, was a fictitious Holocaust memoir ….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_at_the_Fence

Binjamin Wilkomirski … His fictional 1995 memoir ... Memories of a Wartime Childhood …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binjamin_Wilkomirski

Norman Finkelstein On Holocaust Industry

Old July 3rd, 2016 #10
Vnn999

Elie Wiesel dead.

Eliezer Wiesel admits he doesn’t have the tattoo A7713
Wiesel has failed to provide proof that he has the tattoo

…. Wiesel keeps his arm covered at all times in public and is never asked about it by the complicit media. However, on a few occasions he must have forgotten and did allow himself to be photographed with bare arms, so we do have a few photos of this part of his anatomy—but with no tattoo visible at all! ….

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/elie...-tattoo-a7713/

False Identity.

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/grun...4-in-budapest/

Old July 5th, 2016 #11
Vnn999

How Spanish Nazi victim Enric Marco was exposed as impostor.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32582420

Old November 16th, 2016 #12
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Jewish Holocaust "Survivor" Who Claimed to Have Escaped Auschwitz Admits He Lied for Years

A Pennsylvania Jew who claimed for years to have escaped from Auschwitz, met track and field star Jesse Owens and Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, confessed that he had fabricated the entire story.

“I am writing today to apologize publicly for harm caused to anyone because of my inserting myself into the descriptions of life in Auschwitz,” Joseph Hirt, 86, wrote in a letter sent to his local paper, LNP, this week. “I was not a prisoner there. I did not intend to lessen or overshadow the events which truly happened there by falsely claiming to have been personally involved.”

“I was wrong. I ask forgiveness,” he added. “I determined at that moment to do everything in my power to prevent the loss of the truth about wartime life (and death) at Auschwitz.”

For years, Hirt gave public speeches about his experiences in the second world war, including his Jewish family’s flight from Poland to Belgrade. But he also told people that he was arrested by the Germans, sent to the concentration camp at Auschwitz, and met doctor Joseph Mengele. Hirt claimed to have escaped under an electric fence at the camp.

He added an extraordinary prologue and epilogue to the story, saying that he saw Adolf Hitler turn his back on Jesse Owens at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, and that he met Eleanor Roosevelt and Owens after his arrival in the United States.

In his letter, Hirt said that he realized “it wasn’t about me”, and that he was motivated to lie by his fears that the history and horror of the camps would be forgotten. He said that he was shocked to find that Auschwitz, now a museum and memorial, had become a “clean and polished tourist destination” where visitors laughed and joked about “propaganda”.

“Flagrant denial and ignorance of the truth made me determined to keep the memories alive,” Hirt said. “I used poor judgment and faulty reasoning, risking a sullying of the truth I was trying to share.”

Earlier this year, New York history teacher Andrew Reid became suspicious of Hirt’s story and wrote a refutation of many of Hirt’s points.

The names of concentration camp victims and survivors are publicly available, and there is no record of Hirt at Auschwitz or elsewhere. Hirt admitted in his letter that he had tattooed the camp number of Auschwitz survivor Primo Levi, the acclaimed author and chemist, on his left forearm – “in no way an attempt to take on his identity, but in an effort to incorporate his symbol as a way of remembering him”.

Reid also found that Hirt’s escape story did not fit with camp records, that Mengele did not arrive at the camp until after the alleged escape, and other lies, errors and far-fetched claims in Hirt’s account. He was a six-year-old Polish boy and extraordinarily unlikely to be anywhere near Hitler at the Olympics, for instance, and Owens’ biographer found the snub was likely a fabrication, possibly conflated with another black sprinter’s story.

“I want to be clear – I am not a Holocaust denier,” Reid wrote in his own letter, noting

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/white...lied-for-years

Tags
holocaust fairytales, holocaust fraud, holocaust scammers, holocaust survivor, holocaust survivors

Thread