VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 28th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post UK will not support rescue of Mediterranean migrants

Britain will not offer support for search and rescue operations for migrants making dangerous voyages across the Mediterranean to Europe, the Foreign office minister has said.

Saving migrants making the dangerous sea crossing when their often rickety boats get into trouble encourages more people to make the journey and lead to “more tragic and unnecessary deaths”, Baroness Anelay of St John said.

It comes as the Italian search and rescue operation - which has contributed to the rescue of 150,000 people from sea in the last year - is drawn to a close this week.

The risks posed by such journeys came to international attention in October last year when a series of disasters off the islands of Lampedusa saw 500 migrants drowned in just a few days.

In the last year more than 2,500 people are known to have drowned or gone missing in the Mediterranean since the start of the year.

Now Britain and Italy have decided that the rescue service on offer is acting as a "pull factor" for migrants that is undermining the deterrent of the dangerous journey and placing more migrants at risk by encouraging them to make the crossing in the first place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-migrants.html

Old October 28th, 2014 #2
Bev
drinking tea

Bookmark this thread and the next time we get some American yelping about UKIP not being the answer, link to this as a perfect example of how they may not be the answer, but they are certainly dictating the Tories' every move.

Old October 28th, 2014 #3
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Bookmark this thread and the next time we get some American yelping about UKIP not being the answer, link to this as a perfect example of how they may not be the answer, but they are certainly dictating the Tories' every move.
You are joking aren't you ? The last American political ignoramus we had here who presumed to lecture me on France's Front National has been passing himself off as Golden Dawn's point man in New York City yet has no connection with GDNY whatsoever.

http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=6776

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 28th, 2014 #4
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You are joking aren't you ? The last American political ignoramus we had here who presumed to lecture me on France's Front National has been passing himself off as Golden Dawn's point man in New York City yet has no connection with GDNY whatsoever.

http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=6776
I think Americans just don't understand how careful we have to be and get frustrated when they see what they equate with conservative, "tea party" type politics.

Old October 28th, 2014 #5
313Chris

Any European country that is finally saying no to third-world invaders and physically demonstrating it, has my respect, for whatever it's worth.

Old October 28th, 2014 #6
fyc
fine young casuals

I'd use every immigrant boat as target practice for the navy

Old October 29th, 2014 #7
Ray Allan

The US Navy has a base at Sigonella, Sicily--I'm surprised Obongo hasn't ordered them to rescue his fellow spear-chuckers trying to invade Europe since he's already sent soldiers to West Africa to transport Ebola to the Kwa.

Thread