Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 8th, 2017 #1
Jeffrey Smither
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,319
Default Irma headed very near me. Why not build conrete shelters?

The path of Irma keeps getting shifted west. Now I will be close to the weaker, western side of the eyewall with gust probably close to 130.

I was thinking, countries like the Philippines and Guam have concrete shelters built for typhoons.

Why can't we have these in the KWA for tornadoes and hurricanes and save a lot of headaches with evacuations and such.

I guess the money isn't there when it's being spent on Israel, sending aid to mud countries and spending it all on military.

They sure find way to buy Israel weapons and such.
 
Old September 8th, 2017 #2
Mickey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 37
Mickey
Default

Most homes and buildings built after 1994 will be fine in a hurricane. They changed the building codes after Andrew. They have to be concrete block with hurricane straps attaching the roof. Many new homes come with metal storm shutters too. If your home is older/wood frame you need to go to a shelter, which will be concrete block.
 
Old September 8th, 2017 #3
Erik T. White
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Deep South of the USSA
Posts: 3,001
Erik T. White
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Most homes and buildings built after 1994 will be fine in a hurricane. They changed the building codes after Andrew. They have to be concrete block with hurricane straps attaching the roof. Many new homes come with metal storm shutters too. If your home is older/wood frame you need to go to a shelter, which will be concrete block.
I saw photos of some of the nigger island damages. Roofs ripped to shreds. I suppose the island niggers haven't figured out even how to use rubber bands to tie their roofs on.

I'm praying that you and yours will be safe, White Sister!!

14/88

Erik
 
Old September 8th, 2017 #4
Jeffrey Smither
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Most homes and buildings built after 1994 will be fine in a hurricane. They changed the building codes after Andrew. They have to be concrete block with hurricane straps attaching the roof. Many new homes come with metal storm shutters too. If your home is older/wood frame you need to go to a shelter, which will be concrete block.
Them flak towers would make good shelters too from hurricanes and tornadoes. They were super thick and used as bomb shelters and did a fine job. Why not make structures like that.

We got the shutters up. Those were a pain in the fucking ass to put up. I live near ground zero on the current forecast path. I might have to leave for storm surge reasons. THey already have a recommend evacuation for my zone. Hardly anyone in SWFL has left though. Problem is there is hardly any gas and if you go north the storm will be there too. IF this were to hit as a cat5 into Lee County there is going to be an epic disaster in SWFL since hardly anyone has left. Storm wasn't expected to come to the West Coast.
 
Old September 8th, 2017 #5
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,192
Ray Allan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
Them flak towers would make good shelters too from hurricanes and tornadoes. They were super thick and used as bomb shelters and did a fine job. Why not make structures like that.

We got the shutters up. Those were a pain in the fucking ass to put up. I live near ground zero on the current forecast path. I might have to leave for storm surge reasons. THey already have a recommend evacuation for my zone. Hardly anyone in SWFL has left though. Problem is there is hardly any gas and if you go north the storm will be there too. IF this were to hit as a cat5 into Lee County there is going to be an epic disaster in SWFL since hardly anyone has left. Storm wasn't expected to come to the West Coast.
Having never lived in hurricane country, I'm no expert about it. But if you have a backyard, would it be possible to build your own concrete or cinder block shelter similar to the bomb shelters people used to build in the 1950s? Except it would be above ground due to storm surge and whatnot if you are anywhere near or above sea level. It could double as a storage building or garage in normal times. Obviously you can't do it now, but for next time. Does anyone in Floriduh build stuff like that and would it be effective against hurricane-force winds and flooding?

I agree those German flak towers would be pretty effective. They're still standing in Berlin today because it would have taken too many explosives to destroy them and they also doubled as bomb shelters.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #6
Jeffrey Smither
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Having never lived in hurricane country, I'm no expert about it. But if you have a backyard, would it be possible to build your own concrete or cinder block shelter similar to the bomb shelters people used to build in the 1950s? Except it would be above ground due to storm surge and whatnot if you are anywhere near or above sea level. It could double as a storage building or garage in normal times. Obviously you can't do it now, but for next time. Does anyone in Floriduh build stuff like that and would it be effective against hurricane-force winds and flooding?

I agree those German flak towers would be pretty effective. They're still standing in Berlin today because it would have taken too many explosives to destroy them and they also doubled as bomb shelters.
I'm pretty sure that would be against local codes building your own shelter. They fine for anything down here. Look at that guy in Cape Coral living off the grid down here was busted.

It would have to be built up high enough unless it's water sealed.

Latest forecast has it even closer to me but to my west which is bad! If this track pans out, the west coast of FL has a major disaster on their hands. The gubermint hasn't even order many evacuations for my region and now we have a few hundred thousand in danger of storm surge. I don't know where we will go. My house could be under water.
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #7
Erik T. White
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Deep South of the USSA
Posts: 3,001
Erik T. White
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Having never lived in hurricane country, I'm no expert about it. But if you have a backyard, would it be possible to build your own concrete or cinder block shelter similar to the bomb shelters people used to build in the 1950s? Except it would be above ground due to storm surge and whatnot if you are anywhere near or above sea level. It could double as a storage building or garage in normal times. Obviously you can't do it now, but for next time. Does anyone in Floriduh build stuff like that and would it be effective against hurricane-force winds and flooding?

I agree those German flak towers would be pretty effective. They're still standing in Berlin today because it would have taken too many explosives to destroy them and they also doubled as bomb shelters.
Most Florida homes don't have basements because of the topography of the land:

http://forums.finehomebuilding.com/b...ments-oxymoron

The link is just one of several I found.

Only the military or the jooz would have the resources to build a really good underground concrete reinforced shelter. Even President Trump's Caribbean mansion was destroyed, at least according to the lamestream media. I don't know if he'll lose much of Mar-A-Lago since my engineering knowledge is in chemical engineering and not civil engineering.

14/88

Erik
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #8
Longbaugh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 593
Longbaugh
Default

You can build whatever you want in Florida as long as it meets existing building codes.

Yes, people do build concrete hurricane shelters in their backyards. I know of a few that withstood Charlie.

IMO, it's better to just build a house and engineer hurricane resistance into the structure, but that can get expensive.

My last house down there was a fortress: fibre-reinforced, poured concrete walls and roof, with non-metallic rebar. Theoretically, it will withstand 300 m.p.h. winds. I'm kind of eager to see how it will fare.

The concrete domes seems to weather these storms pretty well.

So, yes, there are options.
__________________
The jews have won by intimidating other races. They can produce credible threats, backed by organized power. But they can be killed. Herr Linder
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #9
Mickey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 37
Mickey
Default

Go inland if you're in the storm surge zone. Don't try to travel too far. Cars are running out of gas on the highway. If you have friends or family out of the surge zone, stay with them. Otherwise find a shelter.

We lucked out over here in east central Florida. My husband is irritated that he had to board up the windows now that it's going so far west. You never know though. By the time they have the track pinned down it's too late to do outside preparations.
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #10
Dan T N Ford
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 848
Dan T N Ford
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
Them flak towers would make good shelters too from hurricanes and tornadoes. They were super thick and used as bomb shelters and did a fine job. Why not make structures like that.

We got the shutters up. Those were a pain in the fucking ass to put up. I live near ground zero on the current forecast path. I might have to leave for storm surge reasons. THey already have a recommend evacuation for my zone. Hardly anyone in SWFL has left though. Problem is there is hardly any gas and if you go north the storm will be there too. IF this were to hit as a cat5 into Lee County there is going to be an epic disaster in SWFL since hardly anyone has left. Storm wasn't expected to come to the West Coast.
Agreed!
Those flak towers were a genius idea...............by guess who! They were strong enough to be proof even against the heaviest calibre Russian artillery EVEN AT POINT-BLANK RANGE! Their concrete construction was so good that the authorities had great difficulty demolishing them post-war!
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #11
Dan T N Ford
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 848
Dan T N Ford
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
Most Florida homes don't have basements because of the topography of the land:

http://forums.finehomebuilding.com/b...ments-oxymoron

The link is just one of several I found.

Only the military or the jooz would have the resources to build a really good underground concrete reinforced shelter. Even President Trump's Caribbean mansion was destroyed, at least according to the lamestream media. I don't know if he'll lose much of Mar-A-Lago since my engineering knowledge is in chemical engineering and not civil engineering.

14/88

Erik
Stay safe ERIK!
Keep us posted for as long as possible!
How are the electrics? I suppose they may well be knocked out when the storm hits!
14!
88!
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #12
Dan T N Ford
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 848
Dan T N Ford
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
The path of Irma keeps getting shifted west. Now I will be close to the weaker, western side of the eyewall with gust probably close to 130.

I was thinking, countries like the Philippines and Guam have concrete shelters built for typhoons.

Why can't we have these in the KWA for tornadoes and hurricanes and save a lot of headaches with evacuations and such.

I guess the money isn't there when it's being spent on Israel, sending aid to mud countries and spending it all on military.

They sure find way to buy Israel weapons and such.
Good luck!

I hope you are OK and pull through!
14! 88!
 
Old September 9th, 2017 #13
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

My grandparents' house, now gone, had a 'cave' for tornados. Located a few steps from house, it was a sort of half-underground cement igloo covered with dirt and grass. Suitable for storing preserved jars of vegetables and housing several huddled people during the worst.
 
Old September 11th, 2017 #14
Jeffrey Smither
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan T N Ford View Post
Agreed!
Those flak towers were a genius idea...............by guess who! They were strong enough to be proof even against the heaviest calibre Russian artillery EVEN AT POINT-BLANK RANGE! Their concrete construction was so good that the authorities had great difficulty demolishing them post-war!
Designed by Aryans of course!

I'm okay. I went up just north of Tampa more inland. My area just got low end cat 1 winds and some trees down. It went a tad east to avoided the storm surge. The street is flooded though due to the clogged drains and the lake is high. If we got another 10 inches of rain within the next couple weeks, our houses will be flooded.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.
Page generated in 0.11476 seconds.