Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 7th, 2005 #21
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

A- Here’s one of the “Polish Tomato” plants which I seeded in early Spring.
It took several weeks to show up, after I gave up on them. I accidentally stumbled onto them, while weeding. They smelled strong, giving me the indication that tomato plants were growing. So, I took great care in weeding, as not to clumsily destroy other plants. Perhaps, because of moisture retention through weed growth, were the tomato plants able to sprout. July and August were comparitively cool months, so since then, the plants haven’t progressed much and 1 crapped out. This month started out warmer than usual, giving the Zucchinis (not yet existant, at the time the garden was photographed) a boost.
B- Grafted grass patch where a patio block used to be
C- The beginning of a Birdhouse Gourd vine. Now proliferated to an epidemic

Old September 9th, 2005 #22
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

A- An artichoke bud at ist very last stage of harvestability. This one is ready to bud and will be a little tough. It would be ideal to harvest, when the buds are lighter in color
B- A cardoon cluster which is visually very similar to the artichoke. Whereas, the artichoke bud is to be eaten, the cardoon bud isn’t edible. Instead, the cardoon stems are to be harvested, defoliated and cooked like artichokes. Both taste almost alike and are classified as digestive-aiding disthels
C- A blooming cardoon, resembling a burr-headed Negroe. The bud remains at this stage. Thus, never develops into a full blue Afro. Artichokes bloom in an identical manner, incuding sharing like-colored flowering. One could even harvest the blooming cardoon clusters, for their fragrance, which would enhance one’s home environment

Thread