Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 6th, 2013 #221
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Not in the main, no.

But I'd put Stanley Kubrick, Sidney Lumet or David Mamet up with the best. Hell, I'd put Roman Polanski in that category, pedo rapist he.
anything by Kubrick. Lumet for The Prince of the City. Mamet for Glengarry, Glen Ross. Polanski? Chinatown, of course.

Old October 7th, 2013 #222
Steve Lillywhite
Banned

Location: The U.S. Office to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism

Blow Out (1981)

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_Out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082085/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg3xbG5GrKE

Old October 8th, 2013 #223
Cale Sparks
anti-American

Default "Safety Last!"

At 24:00 Harold Lloyd buys some jewelry for his girlfriend.

Old October 11th, 2013 #224
littlefieldjohn

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Nelson Mandela "revisionist" flick, The Long Way To Freedom, produced by the Weinstein brothers.

Old October 11th, 2013 #225
ohgolly

Good call, Steve Lillywhite. I normally couldn't stand Travolta but the movie was good. And it sticks in my mind for some reason.

Old October 12th, 2013 #226
Petrinos Frouros

Spring, Time, Fall, Winter and Spring... among many others.

This film is life itself visualized through poetic use of the four seasons, and contained in only 90 minutes.

Also Korean, so no Jewish involvement.

Old October 12th, 2013 #227
Tony Houseman

One of my favorite films is The Warriors (1979). I like it when the leader of The Rogues is clinking the bottles and saying "Warriors come out to play-a!".

Old October 12th, 2013 #228
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Houseman View Post
One of my favorite films is The Warriors (1979). I like it when the leader of The Rogues is clinking the bottles and saying "Warriors come out to play-a!".
Agreed, thoroughly good movie. WNs tend to knock it because there is a lot of mixed race, even in the gang, the warriors. Well, sometimes you have to put esthetics aside for a while. Supposedly The Warriors is based on the Greek play, Anabasis, by Xenophon.

Mike

Old October 12th, 2013 #229
Tony Houseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
Agreed, thoroughly good movie. WNs tend to knock it because there is a lot of mixed race, even in the gang, the warriors. Well, sometimes you have to put esthetics aside for a while. Supposedly The Warriors is based on the Greek play, Anabasis, by Xenophon.

Mike
There are some annoying things like the top gang (The Riffs) are all-black, the bad guys (The Rogues) are all-White and The Warriors are a mixed gang but Swan (Michael Beck), the leader of The Warriors and the "hero", is White.

Old October 12th, 2013 #230
N.B. Forrest

Storm of the Century: As Little Tall Island battens down the hatches for a monster storm, a sinister stranger appears: he knows everyone's secrets, and uses the knowledge to manipulate the residents into suicide & murder; with each new horror, he says:

"Give me what I want, and I'll go away."

Some of the shameful secrets he knows are straight from the jewscript: one guy had beaten up a turd-burglar because - of course - he was a "latent" faggot who couldn't handle his attraction for men, etc. Still, Colm Feore is superb as the chillingly soft-spoken stranger; a performance almost on a par with the great Oldman's ancient Dracula.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old October 13th, 2013 #231
Tony Houseman

Rollerball (1975) not the crap 2002 remake. I know James Caan is a Jew but I liked this film. It has the gorgeous Maud Adams as his ex-wife. I love the scenes when they are playing the game.

Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Western Trilogy A Fistful Of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Eli's Wallach's a Jew but has some great lines in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

"You're the son of a 1000 fathers and everyone's a bastard like you."

"Your mother's going to end up in the poorhouse or the whorehouse."

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Old October 13th, 2013 #232
Tony Houseman

The original Get Carter (1971) with Michael Caine. Americans might need subtitles to understand the accents.

Old October 13th, 2013 #233
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
The original Get Carter (1971) with Michael Caine. Americans might need subtitles to understand the accents.
What a classic that one is. I love Michael Caine. The shit cable channel here runs the SYLVESTER STALLONE remake-abortion instead.

"Yo - you killed my brotha!"

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old October 13th, 2013 #234
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Thumbs up Michael Caine

The Man Who Would Be King's "Peachy" Carnahan, the aristocratic young officer in Zulu opposite Stanly Baker, really, anything w/ MC is a treat.

Blame it on Rio... Educating Rita...

Old October 13th, 2013 #235
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
The Man Who Would Be King's "Peachy" Carnahan, the aristocratic young officer in Zulu opposite Stanly Baker, really, anything w/ MC is a treat.

Blame it on Rio... Educating Rita...
Amen to all that.

Old October 14th, 2013 #236
Tony Houseman

I watched The Ipcress File (1965) the other week. It's one of my favorite Michael Caine films. A good under-rated Michael Caine thriller is The Black Windmill (1974) with John Vernon as the bad guy.

Old October 14th, 2013 #237
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
I watched The Ipcress File (1965) the other week. It's one of my favorite Michael Caine films. A good under-rated Michael Caine thriller is The Black Windmill (1974) with John Vernon as the bad guy.
Another classic, Ipcress.

John Vernon was fantastic in anything: a tremendous Authority type, with that deep & distinctive voice. He played the hilariously anti-kike banker in Charlie Varrick.

Old October 14th, 2013 #238
N.B. Forrest

Michael Caine is 80 now - and that saddens me.

Fuck the aging process that takes our loved ones and people we like & admire.... What it really is is a terminal disease we all have. I hope they find a way to overcome it one day soon.

Old October 14th, 2013 #239
andy

A lost classic is Die doppelte Welt which had the UK title Strawberry fields (In homage to Bergman I believe) it was broadcast twice in 1985 by Channel four and has disappeared into the memory hole. Though written by UK jewish citizen Stephen Poliakoff it was West German production.Starring Beate Jensen as an unlikely and violent Neo nazi heroine. It has never been released on dvd or video I used to have a tape of it but it was worn out when i gave it to a mate. While one would not call it sympathetic it certainly takes "us" seriously for a change. In light of the NSU trial and allegations not so fanciful as it might have appeared. If you can find it I urge you to watch it and pirate it for the rest of us

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 14th, 2013 #240
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
A lost classic is Die doppelte Welt which had the UK title Strawberry fields (In homage to Bergman I believe) it was broadcast twice in 1985 by Channel four and has disappeared into the memory hole. Though written by UK jewish citizen Stephen Poliakoff it was West German production.Starring Beate Jensen as an unlikely and violent Neo nazi heroine. It has never been released on dvd or video I used to have a tape of it but it was worn out when i gave it to a mate. While one would not call it sympathetic it certainly takes "us" seriously for a change. In light of the NSU trial and allegations not so fanciful as it might have appeared. If you can find it I urge you to watch it and pirate it for the rest of us
A thumbs down ? Only on VNN is this possible

Chase them into the swamps

Tags
#1, movies

Thread