VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 7th, 2010 #1
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

Default £1 an hour to clear rubbish...new IDS blitz on the workshy

£1 an hour to clear rubbish...new IDS blitz on the workshy

Quote:
The feckless unemployed will be forced to take part in a punishing U.S.-style ‘workfare’ scheme involving gardening, clearing litter and other menial tasks for just £1 an hour in a new crackdown on scroungers.

And if they fail to turn up on time or work hard they will be stripped of their dole for three months.

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith will tomorrow unveil ‘compulsory community placements’ in an attempt to stop people living on benefits for years without bothering to look for work.

The ‘Workfare UK’ project will be targeted at tens of thousands of people suspected of sabotaging attempts to make them work.

The measure is a key part of David Cameron’s drive to slash Britain’s annual £192 billion welfare budget.

But Labour MPs condemned the scheme. One said: ‘This sounds like slave labour.’

The scheme is also likely to run into fierce opposition from some Liberal Democrat MPs.

Under Mr Duncan Smith’s anti-scroungers blueprint, employment office chiefs will be given the power to order the long-term jobless to take part in four-week mandatory work schemes.

Instead of receiving their usual £65-a-week Jobseeker’s Allowance for sitting at home doing nothing, they will get substantially less – and will have to clock on and off on time and work flat out.

The Government has not decided how much people on ‘community placements’ will be paid but it is understood the figure will be between £30 and £40 a week – the equivalent to £1 an hour, one sixth of the minimum wage.

They will also be expected to look for a ‘proper job’ for when they complete the scheme.

Each participant will be expected to spend at least 30 hours a week on their specified ‘work activity placement’.

A Coalition source said: ‘We cannot go on allowing tens of thousands of people to wilfully avoid getting a job.

Some go to great lengths to sabotage all efforts to help them find work.

That is partly why the welfare bill has gone up so much and it is why hard-working taxpayers get so angry.

‘Some have been out of work for so long that they are literally incapable of obtaining or holding down a job.

They have lost the discipline and all sense of work ethic.

‘This programme is designed to address that.

It is not intended to apply to people who have genuinely tried to find work or who genuinely cannot work.

Some people have simply got out of the habit of working.

Hopefully this scheme will help them get back into a nine-to-five routine.

‘But is it meant as a sanction? Yes – and we are convinced it will have an effect.

‘All research shows that when sanctions are applied to those who can work but try to avoid it, they soon get the message and get off their backsides.’

The projects will involve all kinds of work, from gardening to clearing litter, repairing vandalised bus stops and buildings and street cleaning.

There are an estimated five million people stuck on various kinds of out-of-work benefits in the UK.

Britain now has one of the highest rates of workless households in Europe, with 1.9 million children living in homes where no one has a job.

The proposals are part of a Government White Paper on welfare reform which will herald a bonfire of dozens of complex benefits, to be replaced by a more straightforward single Universal Credit.
That's going to be a fucker.

Old November 7th, 2010 #2
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

They reckon that this will only affect those who refuse to look for work. How the hell are they going to prove that an individual does not look for work? By results, don't make me laugh.

There are millions of unemployed who cannot find a job, added to this figure will be those that claim sickness benefit, and those who are being cut from their jobs. Just where are all of the jobs coming from?

This is what I think it will be, if the Gov't and the Job Centre fail to find, or provide employment, then you the job seeker will be blamed and sanctioned, despite overwhelming odds against that happening.

Old November 7th, 2010 #3
The Truth At Last

In principle I'm 100% in favour of "Workfare" but the Con/Dems will fuck it up . A nationalist "workfare" scheme would take into account .................

Why should people be allowed to sit on their smelly arses doing nothing it's a fucking joke when some of us are working 60+ hours a week sometimes to get those little extras in life yes but at other times out of necessity due to a lack of manpower to cover the workload while thousands sit around doing fuck all but sign on once a fortnight .

If this "workfare" was done right it could have a real impact on individuals and the communities they live in .

For a start the scheme needs staffing these positions of responsibility are tailor mades for men leaving HM forces .

The tasks taken on under this scheme should improve things in the local communitys , we can all think of a thousand jobs that need doing so finding thing to keep them busy shouldn't be a problem .

Just getting back into a the routine of having something to get up in a morning for would be good for the long term unemployed but it cant be all stick about taking away benifits the carrot of moving onto a second tier of the scheme building real skills for the future for those who show willing in the first phase of more menial work like cleaning up woods ect must be on offer .

Old November 7th, 2010 #4
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

We've all done these schemes before, the ones I did were called Youth Opportunities Scheme, and Employment Training Scheme, and it was basically the same work involved. The difference between them and this proposal was that we were paid slightly extra for doing them, but they still seemed bad at the time, God knows how well this one will be received.

I think they should halt immigration and train the unemployed properly to do a proper skilled job, like welding. I would have absolutely no complaints in doing that, but they won't, and never have, and that is a betrayal.

Old November 7th, 2010 #5
The Truth At Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-Boy View Post
We've all done these schemes before, the ones I did were called Youth Opportunities Scheme, and Employment Training Scheme, and it was basically the same work involved. The difference between them and this proposal was that we were paid slightly extra for doing them, but they still seemed bad at the time, God knows how well this one will be received.

I think they should halt immigration and train the unemployed properly to do a proper skilled job, like welding. I would have absolutely no complaints in doing that, but they won't, and never have, and that is a betrayal.
I agree it should lead to skilled real jobs but it has to be earned in my opinion . I'm not saying you but you will know many who fit the bill , whats the point of spending thousands training someone to be a welder or gas fitter etc if they are to fucking lazy do use those skills at the end of the course and will simply go back to claiming the dole . There has been millions wasted on schemes in the past learning people to do jobs they will never do or theres no vacancys . Just a few years back the haulage industry was screaming out for drivers while the dole put thousands of people through fucking fork lift training courses , would they give the finance for training to those who would have jumped at the jobs ? would they fuck so the market was flooded by foriegn drivers with not worth the paper they were wrote on Polish or other European licenses now they do offer a scheme but the industrys fucked . Yes training and re-training should lead to real jobs but we also have to break the cycle of idleness and dependance in the workshy and if it means those who will not or cannot progress picking up litter for the rest of their life just to keep the dole money so be it .

Old November 7th, 2010 #6
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

I have just been listening to the news, and for once, I agree with what Labour have to say about this.

Plus, this is going to cost more than it saves, because each person undertaking this monthly 'workfare' will have to be given a full kit of working gear, which could run to quite a sum, for what, four weeks work, I ask you, what's the point?

Looking on the bright side, it's only 4 weeks, and I will probably see some of my old mates again, and be handed a full rig-out.

Old November 7th, 2010 #7
fyc
fine young casuals

the welfare bill might be 192 billion a year, but thats because labour let so many immigrants into this country that the british population rose by a fifth in just 10 years. there's at least 3-4 million asylum spongers here who have all travelled through at least one safe country to get here. these immigrant spongers should be removed as well as forcing the "workshy" to earn their dole.

Old November 7th, 2010 #8
Serbian Sympathiser

I have mixed feelings about this,but every time i go past my local pub and see the vermin who have been sitting there getting pissed for the last 15 years whilst unemployed or on sick and imagine them sweeping the roads in winter......i get a lovely warm feeling inside!

Old November 7th, 2010 #9
The Truth At Last

Quote:
I have just been listening to the news, and for once, I agree with what Labour have to say about this.

Plus, this is going to cost more than it saves, because each person undertaking this monthly 'workfare' will have to be given a full kit of working gear, which could run to quite a sum, for what, four weeks work, I ask you, what's the point?

Looking on the bright side, it's only 4 weeks, and I will probably see some of my old mates again, and be handed a full rig-out.

I think it should be a permanant scheme not just for four weeks , the Con/Dems fuck up before they even start .

If it comes about and it is an if heres a tip . They will have to by law provide you with PPE dont be fooled like the mugs on CSOs who wear old boots that have had a squirt of disinfectant the first P in PPE is PERSONAL that means yours not some shared shit that fits , insist on new in everything and you will like you said end up with a load of new kit . They will try to do it on the cheap but be aware they cant make you share PPE .

Old November 7th, 2010 #10
The Truth At Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Sympathiser View Post
I have mixed feelings about this,but every time i go past my local pub and see the vermin who have been sitting there getting pissed for the last 15 years whilst unemployed or on sick and imagine them sweeping the roads in winter......i get a lovely warm feeling inside!
In principle it's a great idea and I know exactly what you mean .

Old November 7th, 2010 #11
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

It may sound good at first reading, but what they are trying to do in Britain and soon in the US, is create a permanent class of slaves.

I've talked to republican trash (that's republican party - USA) and they all spout the same idiocy: "If they just stopped food stamps, and took away unemployment, these damn lazy people would get jobs." The truth is that there are damn few jobs. A local new food chain here in Denver opened some months ago. There were 400 new job openings. They had more than 7,500 people show up to apply.

It's all by design. Make young people so damn desperate that they will go into the military. For the rest...get them working at £1 an hour, or here in the US, maybe $2.00 an hour.

We must have less, so the bankers can have more.

Mike

Old November 7th, 2010 #12
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth At Last View Post
I think it should be a permanant scheme not just for four weeks , the Con/Dems fuck up before they even start .

If it comes about and it is an if heres a tip . They will have to by law provide you with PPE dont be fooled like the mugs on CSOs who wear old boots that have had a squirt of disinfectant the first P in PPE is PERSONAL that means yours not some shared shit that fits , insist on new in everything and you will like you said end up with a load of new kit . They will try to do it on the cheap but be aware they cant make you share PPE .
Thanks for the tip. I will ensure that I get new kit, the last time this subject came up with an advisor, I asked for rigger boots, they declined, remarking that they looked too much like jackboots, and people were wearing them as a kind of fashion item.

I think the idea is to attack your self esteem by ensuring you wear the cheapest, most spastic looking kit available. As if that isn't already the case.

Next it'll be an illuminous bib stating 'workshy'.

I will though, try to ensure that any kit bought for me isn't lost or stolen. Ahem.

I heard on the news that it's 5 applicants per job nationally, locally, it's more like 25, with more on the way.

Old November 7th, 2010 #13
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Sympathiser View Post
Good money sweeping the roads in winter and plenty of overtime.

Old November 7th, 2010 #14
The Truth At Last

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I will ensure that I get new kit, the last time this subject came up with an advisor, I asked for rigger boots, they declined, remarking that they looked too much like jackboots, and people were wearing them as a kind of fashion item.

I think the idea is to attack your self esteem by ensuring you wear the cheapest, most spastic looking kit available. As if that isn't already the case.

Next it'll be an illuminous bib stating 'workshy'.

I will though, try to ensure that any kit bought for me isn't lost or stolen. Ahem.

I heard on the news that it's 5 applicants per job nationally, locally, it's more like 25, with more on the way.
FFS dont get riggers you will end up with broken ankles theres no support in them make them buy you a decent on style kicks all .............

Old November 7th, 2010 #15
andy

The first step to reclaiming the nation for the natives is to ban all welfare payments of any type.Welfare payments are anti Aryan and should be stopped as a matter of urgency.
On the otherhand it is quite simple to resolve all employment issues by legal political action.Remove all non UK born residents from the country.This is not a "racist" policy as many aliens are born in the UK.It will however provide a good precedent for further mass deportations.By deporting non native born residents one is acting humanely on behalf of the citizens of the country,surely the primary principle for a liberal democratic government.
Whether the legions of indolent depraved scum that would then comprise the majority of the workforce are capable of sustaining an advanced western nation is another issue.

Chase them into the swamps

Old November 7th, 2010 #16
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth At Last View Post
FFS dont get riggers you will end up with broken ankles theres no support in them make them buy you a decent on style kicks all .............
Trouble is they are made in China,we had the boot debate before this is the only boot manufacturer in England
http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footw...work-boot.html

Chase them into the swamps

Old November 7th, 2010 #17
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

Those boots look a tad gay, don't they come in black? All this talk of work is making me feel quite faint, I think I can feel a massive swing to the left coming on, would someone advise my tailor.

Old November 7th, 2010 #18
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Trouble is they are made in China,we had the boot debate before this is the only boot manufacturer in England
http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footw...work-boot.html
These boots are made in England.

http://www.loake.co.uk/Shop/Browse.a...og&Search=Boot

So are these.
http://www.grinders.co.uk/default.asp?Page=About

Old November 7th, 2010 #19
Art Cast

Poor Charlie-Boy,it seems the thought of working up a sweat is causing him to break out in a sweat !

Old November 7th, 2010 #20
iron90

This will fuel labour/the far left.

Any nationalist party will have to show that they are economically far left as well or they will not get anywhere.

Thread