VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Economy
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 1st, 2012 #1
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Default RIM stock @ C$149.9 one time in 2008, $7.39 today (July-1-2012). The biggest unanswered question is where is the money?

This quote "The biggest unanswered question is where is the money?" from 1989 Amiga game "Blood Money" stuck in my head. Still makes me smile.

http://ir.rim.com/stockquote.cfm?sto...=6%2F28%2F2012
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...article643236/

RIM announces layoff of 5000 employees, about 1/3 of its workforce.
http://sync.sympatico.ca/news/conten...e&pagenumber=1

Old July 1st, 2012 #2
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Default Re: RIM stock @ C$149.9 one time in 2008, $7.39 today (July-1-2012). The biggest unanswered question is where is the mon

The same management that built RIMM into a powerhouse ran it into the ground. They got cocky. They didn't take Apple seriously, then Google's Android platform allowed lesser Japanese and Taiwanese competitors (along with old nemesis Motorola and new handset maker Google) to finish them off.

RIMM is a case study for how close the penthouse is to the outhouse in the world of business. Bad business decisions still happen and can be paramount in the age of judeo-finance.

Old July 1st, 2012 #3
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Default Re: RIM stock @ C$149.9 one time in 2008, $7.39 today (July-1-2012). The biggest unanswered question is where is the mon

Much the same with NOK, Nokia.

I had a relative get stupid once and ask me for advice on investing some money. I put him in Nokia stock and told him to never sell. This was back in 1998 when it was about $10 a share. It soared to about $58 a share in 2000 thus converting his $5000 investment into something close to $30000 in just a few short years. My stock-picking genious was confirmed. So he followed my advice and refused to sell -- ever.

I think the stock is selling for around $3 now. It makes me too sick to look it up. No one has asked me for stock-picking advice since.

Old July 1st, 2012 #4
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

The tragedy of RIM is that the Blackberry was a premium quality design amidst the heaps of android and iCrap, but the mob won out with the touchscreen fad.

I still maintain that as for the form factor of a phone, the Blackberry hardware keypad design with the more than adequate display size (for a phone), was the Aston Martin of phones.

The iPhone / Android touchscreen as the whole thing won out because people feel like "hey I have more space in my pocket to view a webpage or a photo" and "I have pointless shitty apps!", even though it is just fine doing it on a BB screen, not to mention with a much better looking device.

It is the same scenario as people like the Jew Mark Pincus of Zynga being repeatedly quoted as saying things along the lines of "you aren't smarter than the competition, just copy competitors and do it over and over 'til you get their users". There are countless people playing their horrible rip-off games, that company is among the top-grossing on mobile and facebook for games, yet both avid gamers, game critics, and developers alike, agree that they are a pathetic slimeball of a company that solely focuses on ripping off the creativity of others, promoting it with their cash stash, solely for the purpose of money (as Pincus the Jew admits!), and expecting to settle if they get sued, while pumping out their horrible cow clickers.

I can't wait for that big kike boat Zynga to sink. They'll take social gaming down with them faster than the Jews took down the organic, genuine enthusiasm that used to be in PC gaming before shekel-chasers like Bobby Kotick farted all over it with their mob-friendly shitty games with recycled code.

I laughed so hard when I saw EA's stock falling through the floor after the investors got wind of the giant fart that SWTOR was. I'd not be surprised if the same happens with Blizzard and their horrible Diablo 3 with that fat, arrogant, hack of a turd Jay Wilson.

Go on free market, work your magic. Don't worry, these fucks don't get bailed out!

Last edited by P.E.; July 1st, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #5
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

And of course I was right, as I've just noticed on google that Vivendi - BlizzardActivision's parent company - has now seen their stock hit a 9-year low, thanks to investors seeing what a huge turd Diablo 3 turned out to be.

And in fairness, it was probably less of a big dud due to people like Jay Wilson, and certainly more due to them greedily trying to design it solely for max cash-extraction with their pay2win bullshit real money auction house.

This is what happens when you change from something high quality like Blizzard North, into a kike-fest with someone like Bobby Kotick called Blizzard-Activision.

But of course, the 'players' are way too fucking stupid to see this has anything to do with race, even though it is more than obvious that this industry - a mere sub-segment of the software industry, like any other industry - has just gotten shittier when kikes came in and planted their hideous battle flag they plant in all places they see creativity: "Disregard quality, maximize shekels".

Thread